Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 24th February 2011, 21:44     #3961
wazza
*flex*

lolled at the serenity reference in castle tonight
(nathan fillion was in firefly/serenity)
Old 24th February 2011, 22:11     #3962
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
(nathan fillion was in firefly/serenity)
In other news, Jesus features in the Bible's New Testament.

:P
Old 24th February 2011, 22:40     #3963
Lightspeed

Oh, I've seen that one! I liked it.
Old 27th February 2011, 15:23     #3964
Caesar

Yet another new SciFi coming our way, In May this time.

Its a big-budget prehistoric-set series called Terra Nova
Old 27th February 2011, 15:35     #3965
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
In other news, Jesus features in the Bible's New Testament.

:P
I just don't know if his character is believable though...
Old 27th February 2011, 21:47     #3966
ZoSo

I give Camelot a 6/10. A bit of quality T&A in there (Eva Green being one of them.. mmm mm) with some decent actors (James Purefoy is usually good value). Could turn pear shaped though as Arthur is a bit of a sap.
Old 27th February 2011, 21:49     #3967
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
I give Camelot a 6/10. A bit of quality T&A in there (Eva Green being one of them.. mmm mm) with some decent actors (James Purefoy is usually good value). Could turn pear shaped though as Arthur is a bit of a sap.
cheers, was wondering if i should give it a go, will give it the mighty ol' miss! ta
Old 28th February 2011, 01:27     #3968
tor

Watching this:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/abc1/...rogram=Compass

Pretty cool. A theologian interviews one of the Chaser guys.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:58     #3969
fobski

if you are not watching Archer season 2....

well...

that's how you get ants.
Old 28th February 2011, 20:26     #3970
Lord Pidgington

WhaaaaaaT????

Archer Season 2 out? FUCK YEAH!
Old 1st March 2011, 14:01     #3971
blur^

how good was spartacus prequel :O

finale was epic, omg face ripped off!!!!

cant wait for s2 now, even if its a new spartacus
Old 7th March 2011, 22:38     #3972
creamcheese

Just watched the season 5 finale of Friday Night Lights. I been living and breathing Texas high school football for three weeks as I smashed through all the seasons.

Fully glad I watched it, very good show!
Old 8th March 2011, 21:22     #3973
Lord Pidgington

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
how good was spartacus prequel :O

finale was epic, omg face ripped off!!!!

cant wait for s2 now, even if its a new spartacus
Dialogue and cinematography was definitely better than S1, but it felt a little compressed in the timeframe and was too eager to justify the statuses we know from S1 (e.g. Crixis goes from being a purchased slave to champion of the house, in what, 6 months or so?).
Old 8th March 2011, 21:24     #3974
Lord Pidgington

Thumbs up

And Archer S2 is awesome thus far. Watch if you haven't already.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:42     #3975
wazza
*flex*

Watched Tosh.0 ever on Comedy Central?

Just "rented" and watched(this morning) Daniel Tosh - Happy Thoughts

Good stand up, if you like Louis CK, etc, you should like Daniel Tosh, he's observational type humour and pushes the boundaries.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:25     #3976
Ajax
Architeuthis

Yeah Tosh.0 is great, some excellent humour in there.
Old 12th March 2011, 14:12     #3977
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

The Chicago Code RULES.
Old 12th March 2011, 20:24     #3978
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
The Chicago Code RULES.
Oh REALLY. Well let's just see about that
Old 12th March 2011, 21:28     #3979
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention this back in February, but now Mad Dogs is up to Episode 4
Old 31st March 2011, 18:32     #3980
ZoSo

What a fizzer on 1st ep of TUF.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:25     #3981
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
yup
Old 1st April 2011, 10:33     #3982
_Incubus_

Just watched 2 of the 3 Return to Earth Red Dwarf eps....thats one series that hasn't aged well. The lads should have left well enough alone, it just didnt capture that original sense of fun, and everything smeg that the originals did.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:08     #3983
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
yep ...

For those with Sky this season of TUF is in HD on Sky Sport 1 @ 11:30 on Thursdays, first time that I know of that a show has aired here just a day after the US.
Old 1st April 2011, 16:20     #3984
blur^

yeah dont like the new format for TUF

always liked the fight to get into the house,
was how i got to pick the guys i wanted to follow over the show

still its brock, so awesome

CHICKEN SHIT INTO CHICKEN SALAD
Old 1st April 2011, 16:22     #3985
ZoSo

Reckon he loses the second fight with the preview? or just dodgy editing as per usual edit: scratch that, it's a season preview. had another quick look.

Last edited by ZoSo : 1st April 2011 at 16:25.
Old 1st April 2011, 16:49     #3986
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Don't *think* its been mentioned before but starting in June is Steven Spielberg's Falling Sky's Scifi TV series.
Should be pretty decent.
A new 2 minute preview is out of this upcomming Sci Fi.
Looking quite good.
Old 1st April 2011, 16:57     #3987
ZoSo

Spielberg, Noah Wyle, and kids. Gonna be more WoTW suck I fear. Great visuals, cheese base.
Old 1st April 2011, 17:06     #3988
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Spielberg, Noah Wyle, and kids. Gonna be more WoTW suck I fear. Great visuals, cheese base.
Yeah, train wreck was all I could think looking at that trailer... Really strikes me as the worst kind of sci-fi (a phrase I'm starting to want to disassociate myself from).

Pixie
Old 1st April 2011, 17:27     #3989
chiQ
Frag-muff

The production 'feel' leads me to me view this is a pale imitation of BSG. My feelings are ambiguous.
Old 1st April 2011, 18:12     #3990
fidgit
Always itchy

I'm concerned it'll focus on the humans and their day-to-day's, "surviving in the world with so few of us left" etc.

What I really want to watch is a post-Apocalypse fight back. So, a third season of The Sarah Conner Chronicles that picks up exactly where the last episode did is how I want this show to run. Unfortunately, I think ZoSo hit the nail on the head. Still, Spielberg did Jurassic Park right? So you never know...
Old 4th April 2011, 08:41     #3991
drone

Trailer of Falling Sky's is a bit meh. I'll get the pilot I guess.

Looks like it'll fail pretty quickly tho.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:10     #3992
wazza
*flex*

won tickets through PC World for Sucker Punch premiere, went along last night to Sylvia Park, got a bag full of merchandise, had to lol at the temp. tattoos that included "in theatres soon", who the fuck would seriously tattoo that shit on themselves. the beanie and t-shirt is pretty sweet i guess, the poster can gtfo. also got 4 complimentary cards for drinks/icecream/popcorn.. i ended up just getting 4 pumps, the rest didn't interest me

oh, the movie? well, the person i took flat out said "what the fuck? i didn't like that".. myself? i didn't mind it, the music/score is pretty amazing, the effects are all good, the story, well, there isn't much of one. the concept/premise was pretty original.

heaps of nz famous there too, was pretty lol
Old 4th April 2011, 20:21     #3993
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

lolz @ getting 4 pumps..

Has anyone else been watching The Almighty Johnsons? I have been watching it since the beginning and it has really grown on me now. I think there are only a couple of episodes left to go of this season and I'm wondering if they have definitely found Frig? I thought maybe it would end up being his flatmate who is actually Frig (perhaps still could be?)...

Not sure where the series will go if they have found her though? Hopefully there are plans for another season anyway..
Old 4th April 2011, 20:36     #3994
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Borgias is out!! been looking forward to this for ages cant go wrong with Jeramey Ions and the source material is fantastic (granted my only reading on the subject is Puzo's book)
Old 4th April 2011, 20:43     #3995
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
lolz @ getting 4 pumps..

Has anyone else been watching The Almighty Johnsons? I have been watching it since the beginning and it has really grown on me now. I think there are only a couple of episodes left to go of this season and I'm wondering if they have definitely found Frig? I thought maybe it would end up being his flatmate who is actually Frig (perhaps still could be?)...

Not sure where the series will go if they have found her though? Hopefully there are plans for another season anyway..
She has to be Frig - she ends up being somebodies wife in everything - Spartacus, Fortune, Johnsons...
Old 4th April 2011, 21:31     #3996
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi

wife and I are hooked....
We thought she'd be Frig right from the start..... if yes: cliché; if not: who then?
Old 5th April 2011, 15:06     #3997
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Hmmm.. During last nights episode I was wondering if there would be some significance to it being Gaia's birthday (Since Axl got his God status on his 21st).. but then they said it was her 22nd.. so not sure now?

Even with the preview for next week I'm still suspicious about her being a Goddess of some kind, if not, Frig.

In other related news, I realised today that Tim Balme goes to my gym... He could feel someone staring at him while he was on the treadmill.....That person was me..
Old 5th April 2011, 16:27     #3998
Caesar

Anyone sampled the new Camelot yet?
I heard that its suppose to be like Spartacus. I'm assuming their meaning like gore/sex/language.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:30     #3999
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Saw the first episode, plenty of boobs, story was a bit meh though. More looking forward to watching the 15m sneak preview of Game of Thrones when I get home tonight.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:38     #4000
Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Saw the first episode, plenty of boobs, story was a bit meh though. More looking forward to watching the 15m sneak preview of Game of Thrones when I get home tonight.
The trailers previously released didn't really peak my interest in the show, however after watching the 15 min sneak peak, I'm going to give it a chance.