NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 4th March 2014, 09:51     #5921
chiQ
Frag-muff

I didn't know Tomorrow People had been remade in the 90s. Kind of glad I missed it. I've seen one episode of the latest version and wasn't impressed. Might give it another go though.

What do you lot thing of the Agents of SHIELD thing? Only seen one of that too. Again, not impressed.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:59     #5922
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
I didn't know Tomorrow People had been remade in the 90s. Kind of glad I missed it. I've seen one episode of the latest version and wasn't impressed. Might give it another go though.

What do you lot thing of the Agents of SHIELD thing? Only seen one of that too. Again, not impressed.
Agents of SHIELD seems to take a little while to warm up but I've been kind of enjoying it. The first two or three episodes seemed very introductory - after that it seemed to start to find its feet.

Tomorrow People we've been watching on TV as we were pretty unimpessed with the pilot. It's okay, nothing spectacular, but again may improve over time. We're not usually doing much else at that time on a Sunday so it's a bit of fluff at the moment. I have fond memories of the original Tomorrow People and this remake doesn't seem to have the same sort of character and weirdness which the original did - but sci-fi was a different beast back then.

Pixie
Old 4th March 2014, 11:59     #5923
[Malks] Pixie

Bloody double post.
Old 4th March 2014, 13:12     #5924
Cinclant

Helix is terrible.
Old 4th March 2014, 19:54     #5925
Caesar

Vikings is actually pretty cool.
S2 has just started, I wouldn't say its UP there so to speak, IE is not another Spartacus, but its a good watch.

Oh, has anyone sampled Black Sails yet, some new Pirate TV series.

Last edited by Caesar : 4th March 2014 at 19:56.
Old 4th March 2014, 22:56     #5926
Lightspeed

Black Sails has some potential, looking forward to more sea battles. They don’t whitewash it either, the pirates are really rapey.
Old 5th March 2014, 10:13     #5927
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Agents of SHIELD seems to take a little while to warm up but I've been kind of enjoying it. The first two or three episodes seemed very introductory - after that it seemed to start to find its feet.

Tomorrow People we've been watching on TV as we were pretty unimpessed with the pilot. It's okay, nothing spectacular, but again may improve over time. We're not usually doing much else at that time on a Sunday so it's a bit of fluff at the moment. I have fond memories of the original Tomorrow People and this remake doesn't seem to have the same sort of character and weirdness which the original did - but sci-fi was a different beast back then.

Pixie
Thanks, Pix. I'll persist with SHIELD.

The Tomorrow People problem for me is that it's American, I think. The character of the show, which appealed to me, was in line with Sapphire and Steel, Dr Who, or Blake's 7, and the Americans just aren't capable of reproducing British sensibility. The new Dr Whos, while very different from the originals, are still distinctly British. Tomorrow People 2013 is very definitely not. It's pure Hollywood. I might like it more if I hadn't seen the original.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:10     #5928
Gerbs

Still really digging "Almost Human"
"Black Sails" is ok-ish. Shows promise, but hasn't reached it yet.
"Musketeers" can be irritating with stupidity.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:15     #5929
wasp

Which order should almost human be watched in?

I wish they would explain "the wall" better in the show - they talked about it in one episode and I havent heard about it again however you see it in the shot of vancouver during the opening.
Old 5th March 2014, 13:32     #5930
smitty

I'm up to date with Agents of SHIELD... It's OK, but that's it. I don't regret watching it, but nothing to rave over either.

Tried the new Tomorrow People. No. Just no.

Last edited by smitty : 5th March 2014 at 13:33.
Old 5th March 2014, 14:00     #5931
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Thanks, Pix. I'll persist with SHIELD.

The Tomorrow People problem for me is that it's American, I think. The character of the show, which appealed to me, was in line with Sapphire and Steel, Dr Who, or Blake's 7, and the Americans just aren't capable of reproducing British sensibility. The new Dr Whos, while very different from the originals, are still distinctly British. Tomorrow People 2013 is very definitely not. It's pure Hollywood. I might like it more if I hadn't seen the original.
Couldn't agree with you more (in particular Blake's 7 will always hold a place in my heart). There is something quite particular about British Sci-Fi (both written and film/tv) as well - it's often willing to go places which American producers simply won't (I imagine for fear of scaring off viewers).

The only reason we're even watching the new Tomorrow People is it fills in an hour on our viewing schedule while nothing else is on (and I usually have an online game event at that time so we can't watch stuff on the laptop).

Pixie
Old 5th March 2014, 14:10     #5932
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty
I'm up to date with Agents of SHIELD... It's OK, but that's it. I don't regret watching it, but nothing to rave over either.
Yeah, pretty much this.
Old 5th March 2014, 14:14     #5933
HO-Hoon

Yep like Almost Human. SHIELD is OK but a little PG13 and campy. Tomorrow People trying to like but fast turning into a Vampire Diaries like 90210 teen show. Other than that existing on Walking Dead, Arrow, Persons of Interest and a bit of House of Cards - nothing I wouldn't miss.

Bring on Game of Thrones S04.
Old 5th March 2014, 14:24     #5934
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp
Which order should almost human be watched in?

I wish they would explain "the wall" better in the show - they talked about it in one episode and I havent heard about it again however you see it in the shot of vancouver during the opening.

http://geektyrant.com/news/fox-is-ai...n-out-of-order

Ratings for it have tanked a bit too apparently, so a second season is by no means assured.

Last edited by sidbo : 5th March 2014 at 14:25.
Old 5th March 2014, 19:31     #5935
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

How fucking dumb do you have to be to work at Fox?!

Jesus!
Old 6th March 2014, 11:36     #5936
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbo
http://geektyrant.com/news/fox-is-ai...n-out-of-order

Ratings for it have tanked a bit too apparently, so a second season is by no means assured.
What the hell .... did they not learn from Firefly.... BAD NETWORKS BAD!!!

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 7th March 2014, 00:02     #5937
Gerbs

Have I mentioned "Star Crossed"?

No. Just say no.
Old 10th March 2014, 16:44     #5938
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Cosmos reboot E01 is up
Old 10th March 2014, 17:18     #5939
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Resurrection S01E01 is up too.
Old 11th March 2014, 04:24     #5940
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Cosmos ep1 was shityourpantsawesome. For most people.

Old 11th March 2014, 15:14     #5941
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO-Hoon
Yep like Almost Human. SHIELD is OK but a little PG13 and campy. Tomorrow People trying to like but fast turning into a Vampire Diaries like 90210 teen show. Other than that existing on Walking Dead, Arrow, Persons of Interest and a bit of House of Cards - nothing I wouldn't miss.

Bring on Game of Thrones S04.
I'm enjoying SHIELD. They started with the "monster of the week" format that Joss Whedon is known for, but quickly went into the season long plot arcs which satisfy me pretty well. I'll plod along with it till I get bored. It's clearly evident that Coulson is totally carrying the rest of the cast. They need to change that quickly.

Tomorrow People is pretty good watching if you don't mind the teen drama aspect of it. I'm enjoying it. Don't see it lasting much longer though.

I'm eagerly awaiting Heroes Reborn. Oh god I hope it's done well.

True Blood should be back soon enough, but I'm getting a little tired of that one.

Looking forward to two new comic shows; Gotham, and Flash.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 11th March 2014 at 15:16.
Old 11th March 2014, 15:27     #5942
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Quote:
Resurrection S01E01 is up too.
Quoting myself, this was pretty damn watchable.
Old 11th March 2014, 16:43     #5943
Lightspeed

Quote:
True Detective is pretty awesome though.
Creepy as fuck, but definitely very cool.
Old 11th March 2014, 19:30     #5944
Caesar

I'm really looking forward to 24: Live Another Day
I know most people got sick of it after 8 seasons but I really enjoyed all of them TBH.
So can't wait.
Old 11th March 2014, 19:48     #5945
orpheus
Jedi Knight

yeah i'm keen for some Jack Bauer action too. Hopefully they can give it a better ending than season 8's.
Old 11th March 2014, 20:07     #5946
chiQ
Frag-muff

Loving Blacklist, based purely on the presence of Spader in the cast. The man is magnetic.
Old 11th March 2014, 20:57     #5947
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Creepy as fuck, but definitely very cool.
Yeah I'm digging this one. Though the french one is wayyyy creepier.
Old 11th March 2014, 21:04     #5948
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Cosmos ep1 was shityourpantsawesome. For most people.

Old 12th March 2014, 10:01     #5949
^BITES^

Updated Cosmos for rednecks .... (as per above basically)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmdGFWS0m54

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 14th March 2014, 20:31     #5950
Caesar

Watched the first Ep of the new show Believe

Ehh... the acting's a but below par for most of the cast:/ Was quite hard to watch as a result...
Old 14th March 2014, 21:07     #5951
HO-Hoon

Yep very slow for a pilot. I'm kind of sick of pretty females being cast in kick ass roles who can barely pull off a fight scene let alone convince the viewer that they are meant to be a well trained assassin of some type.
Old 14th March 2014, 21:52     #5952
Lightspeed

Have you seen Person of Interest?
Old 14th March 2014, 23:54     #5953
HO-Hoon

You mean the Miss Shaw chick? She on the other hand is very convincing. Even being a petite beauty queen she still pulls it off and is quite the bad ass - a hard act to follow. Or maybe just her extreme hotness makes it easier to overlook the implausibility of it all
Old 16th March 2014, 17:32     #5954
Yoda

Downside is she reminds me that Life got canned. Her and Damien Lewis...
Old 17th March 2014, 21:25     #5955
Markh

Crisis?
Opinions?
Old 17th March 2014, 22:24     #5956
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Cosmos ep1 was shityourpantsawesome.
I like the bit where the title credits start out as "CS".
Old 18th March 2014, 15:24     #5957
Gerbs

Season 3 of Continuum has started.
Mind'asplode.
Story just got bigger. A LOT bigger.
Old 18th March 2014, 16:33     #5958
fixed_truth

Looking forward to the latest blacklist. And it's been a while since I actually craved the next episode of something.
Old 18th March 2014, 19:10     #5959
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Latest Walking Dead was great. I loved Melissa McBride's performance - thought she did a fantastic job. You could almost hear her say the words on multiple occasions before she actually did.

The Psycho Hose-Beast outcome was expected and well played - child performances notwithstanding.
Old 19th March 2014, 16:19     #5960
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

This could be interesting.

http://www.slashfilm.com/david-finch...topia-for-hbo/