Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 28th February 2011, 01:50     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Catherine Delahunty, please kill yourself

Why yes, that welfare report sure made last Tuesday a terrible day. Well, that and all those people dying and everything.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:42     #2
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Why yes, that welfare report sure made last Tuesday a terrible day. Well, that and all those people dying and everything.
Over-react much? The report WAS terrible. A waste of time, tax money and the paper it was printed on.

However, no-where does she say that it's somehow equivalent to the earthquake. It's a twitter post, harden up.

TBH one thing that bothers me about the reaction to the earthquake is that if this had happened on the other side of the world no-one would give a shit, yet apparently reacting with even a perceived (and probably unintentional) insensitivity to CHCH will get a reaction like yours. One of the reasons the world is messed up is because we have such massively different responses towards the suffering of human beings based solely on where they're from.

The CHCH EQ was a great tragedy, but tragedies happen every.single.day. Perhaps if you had an open enough mind to realise that you wouldn't waste all that anger that you have built up attacking people who really don't deserve it, instead of using it to actually solve the problems that persist around us.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:25     #3
Juju
get to da choppa

I guess you don't believe that humans have more apathy for those that are relatively close to them than those who are not, stemming from instincts to protect and care for their own family/tribe/village/race/own kind?
Old 28th February 2011, 17:00     #4
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
Over-react much? The report WAS terrible. A waste of time, tax money and the paper it was printed on.

However, no-where does she say that it's somehow equivalent to the earthquake. It's a twitter post, harden up.

TBH one thing that bothers me about the reaction to the earthquake is that if this had happened on the other side of the world no-one would give a shit, yet apparently reacting with even a perceived (and probably unintentional) insensitivity to CHCH will get a reaction like yours. One of the reasons the world is messed up is because we have such massively different responses towards the suffering of human beings based solely on where they're from.

The CHCH EQ was a great tragedy, but tragedies happen every.single.day. Perhaps if you had an open enough mind to realise that you wouldn't waste all that anger that you have built up attacking people who really don't deserve it, instead of using it to actually solve the problems that persist around us.
Jeez, go listen to Dashboard Confessional and do some cutting.

Delahunty is a waste of space who gets paid to post inane shit like that twitter post with our taxes. That's a tragedy.
Old 28th February 2011, 18:26     #5
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Gotta say, he's got a point.
Old 28th February 2011, 18:42     #6
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
The CHCH EQ was a great tragedy, but tragedies happen every.single.day.
What a stink cunt. You're not one of us.
Old 28th February 2011, 19:01     #7
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
I guess you don't believe that humans have more apathy for those that are relatively close to them than those who are not, stemming from instincts to protect and care for their own family/tribe/village/race/own kind?
I assume you mean empathy. Why would you say that?
Old 28th February 2011, 19:06     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Gotta say, he's got a point.
Yeah, but I pre-responded to it, like, 4 years ago
Old 28th February 2011, 19:26     #9
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah, but I pre-responded to it, like, 4 years ago
I will have to disagree with your ethical scheme
Old 28th February 2011, 20:29     #10
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Jeez, go listen to Dashboard Confessional and do some cutting.
I have no idea what this means.

But I guess you're right, it's not like anyone else twitters at work o.0

Honestly, it's this kind of reactionary BS that leads to poor decision making. Like voting Act.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:21     #11
CCS
Stunt Pants

... or Green.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:36     #12
Lightspeed

Laugh

Quote:
Honestly, it's this kind of reactionary BS that leads to poor decision making. Like voting Act.
Oooooh, snap!
Old 1st March 2011, 01:13     #13
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
... or Green.
That might motivate some.. others are motivated by speeches like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV4kfsmswH4&feature this one.
Old 1st March 2011, 01:53     #14
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
reactionary
You keep using, etc etc.
Old 1st March 2011, 02:55     #15
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
That might motivate some.. others are motivated by speeches like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV4kfsmswH4&feature this one.
Pfft. Great, a whole lot of waffle about the ETS scheme. The only people who would be motivated by that speech to vote Green are those who were always going to vote Green no matter what, and those who feel that Labour isn't far left enough for them.
Old 1st March 2011, 06:38     #16
chubby

YUO=LAME

thank god for guys like you then,who cycle afta cycle,carefully ponder the issues,proposed solutions,and prior international experience with said solutions, and only then- vote.

thanks thomas.
ur special.