REF!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10476155
Old 15th November 2007, 11:19     #2
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Pathetic. Absolutely fucking pathetic.
Old 15th November 2007, 17:33     #3
slippers

Its all true though and they make a good point about waiting for a penalty.
Old 15th November 2007, 18:44     #4
blynk

I agree with them
Old 15th November 2007, 19:53     #5
reac
Min Sicker Reac

It was a shocking bit of reffing but for fucks sake, take it on the chin and move on. Whining about how unfair it was doesn't do them any credit.
Old 15th November 2007, 21:51     #6
Stilgar
Rough Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Pathetic. Absolutely fucking pathetic.
About as pathetic as people expecting the ABs to win by 20 - 30 points?

Probably.
Old 15th November 2007, 22:10     #7
caffiend

I'm sorry; what's all this related to? Some game or something?
Old 15th November 2007, 22:16     #8
Stilgar
Rough Joker

Wait four years and you'll find out
Old 16th November 2007, 11:27     #9
slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by reac
It was a shocking bit of reffing but for fucks sake, take it on the chin and move on. Whining about how unfair it was doesn't do them any credit.
They are not whining, this is the one time they are ALLOWED to use it as a REASON rather than an excuse.

The meeting is to find out why they lost the RWC. Of course this is part of it.
Old 16th November 2007, 21:01     #10
reac
Min Sicker Reac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippers
They are not whining, this is the one time they are ALLOWED to use it as a REASON rather than an excuse.

The meeting is to find out why they lost the RWC. Of course this is part of it.
I don't think it's an adequate reason though; it's feeble. The All Blacks should have put the French away despite the crap job the ref did. Blaming the ref smacks of trying to wiggle out of taking responsibility for a poor performance, it's pathetic and it comes across, to me, as whining about what the other bloke did.

The ref didn't lose them the game, they did it themselves.

That said, I think that our habit of axing the coach when the team fails hasn't exactly paid dividends thus far and that they should probably be given a chance to continue. World cup aside, Henry and co have a pretty good record.
Old 18th November 2007, 17:26     #11
Phrack

Have you ever played a game where the ref is as shit as that? Where the other team can do whatever they want, disrupt your play, gain turnovers etc? It swings momentum and on a big stage like that it is hard to compete against.

Maybe if the all blacks had only lost because of the forward pass try, and there wasn't so many other mistakes, the blame could soley be on the all blacks and coaching staff. But having a player sent off, there is 10minutes of a game where everyone has to put in more effort, tiring them out. The french scored and without anything going NZ's way, they gained more and more momentum.

It would certainly be hard to try and score points from inside your own half, nver getting a penalty to gain extra meters, take a kick at goal, or stop the other team from cheating. And all they have to do is get the ball and punt it down the other end of the field.

Saying we should put away the french no matter what is very arrogant. French at home, world cup semi, that gives a team a priceless boost. The way the ref called the game was in their favour and just added to their confidence, and put a hell of a lot more pressure on the AB's.

There is only so much blame Henry can put on himself, but personally I don't think any tactic/pre world cup build up could have produced an AB's team to combat such a poor display from a ref.
Old 18th November 2007, 21:28     #12
blynk

agree.

I think the only thing that could have changed the outcome would have if we played some very daring rugby with a lot of 50/50 play. But then if we did that and still lost, everyone would complain about that.

Plus, you just know that if we had of thrown a forward pass, it would have been called.
Old 19th November 2007, 00:41     #13
Ard Righ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrack
Maybe if the all blacks had only lost because of the forward pass try, and there wasn't so many other mistakes, the blame could soley be on the all blacks and coaching staff.
Pretty much says it all. This RWC loss wasn't like 2003, where one bad pass and a team with no 'Plan B' lost to a team that were clearly in superior form at the time.
This was a loss because the officials time and time and time again chose to blatently allow the French to cheat to win the game.

In this year of rugby where the All Blacks struggled through the Tri-Nations and lost to the Australians in Melbourne who we should have 'clearly thrashed by 30 points', arrogance is going into a RWC knock-out game expecting to romp home against a team who had nothing to lose.
Old 19th November 2007, 13:16     #14
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
I'm sorry; what's all this related to? Some game or something?
'Why is this forum still here?', is a best question to ask :/

Rugby, why hast thou forsaken me?