NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Gaming Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13th October 2010, 15:10     #161
mpx

Getting wary of people's names I don't recognise, tbh. Griefing could become a problem ;/
Old 13th October 2010, 15:15     #162
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

maybe we should list our ingame names :P not that mines much different... vrtigo here!
Old 13th October 2010, 15:16     #163
cantide

Ah, an old lanning buddy of MoP's.. I frequented NZG about 10 years ago

edit: my ingame name is cantidosama, and I'm very much a non-griefer
Old 13th October 2010, 15:28     #164
smitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Getting wary of people's names I don't recognise, tbh. Griefing could become a problem ;/
Shut up girlyman.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:34     #165
Nich

i would so buy this game to watch 2 months of construction get flooded / burned down
Old 13th October 2010, 15:34     #166
MoP

I'm CharlieDontSurf ingame... MoP was taken
Old 13th October 2010, 15:35     #167
mpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
i would so buy this game to watch 2 months of construction get flooded / burned down
The server has backups.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:41     #168
Caesar

Do you guys jump on a vent server something and say what your doing/building? or just in game chat.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:51     #169
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
looks like the actual server is down, can't ssh in. Will keep you posted.
waiting to hear more, have sent e-mails to find out what the haps is.

fingers crossed minecraft is not resource hogging or something, lol.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:55     #170
mpx

There was talk about a vent server I think? But we usually just say "Hey let's do xxx, that would be badass!" And then people chip in or we go it alone :D

Wow, I'm actually addicted to this game. I haven't posted this much on NZG in .... decades.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:07     #171
cantide

Same.

I haven't even really _played_ it yet. Oh dear..

p01s0n -- Re: resource hogging, on the Steam community page for MC, some guy posted about his server which has 70GB of RAM allocated for MC...

I guess this is to run a very large map?

70GB man..
Old 13th October 2010, 17:13     #172
pxpx

simblor_pxpx ingame.
Old 13th October 2010, 17:25     #173
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

because of no MP atm, I came across my first spider in SP... but the stupid mob had spawned on a 3-high pillar, and just kept bouncing up and down.....

seen my first zombie burn up when the sun comes up, too... lol
Old 13th October 2010, 17:41     #174
BoyWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantide
Same.

I haven't even really _played_ it yet. Oh dear..

p01s0n -- Re: resource hogging, on the Steam community page for MC, some guy posted about his server which has 70GB of RAM allocated for MC...

I guess this is to run a very large map?

70GB man..
Now that's some dedication. Meanwhile his paying customers or the company he's working for is inexplicably suffering...
Old 13th October 2010, 19:15     #175
p01s0n

Code:
nick@vps1:~/minecraft$ screen -S minecraft_server java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui 2010-10-13 09:20:00 [INFO] Preparing start region Preparing spawn area: 0% Preparing spawn area: 4% Preparing spawn area: 9% Preparing spawn area: 14% Preparing spawn area: 19% Preparing spawn area: 23% Preparing spawn area: 28% Preparing spawn area: 33% Preparing spawn area: 38% Preparing spawn area: 42% Preparing spawn area: 47% Preparing spawn area: 52% Preparing spawn area: 57% Preparing spawn area: 61% Preparing spawn area: 66% Preparing spawn area: 71% Preparing spawn area: 76% Preparing spawn area: 80% Preparing spawn area: 85% Preparing spawn area: 90% Preparing spawn area: 95% 2010-10-13 09:20:03 [INFO] Done! For help, type "help" or "?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Or4AR5A-A
Old 13th October 2010, 21:01     #176
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

for the last few days my client crashes about 30 seconds after connecting to poison's server

Single player is fine.....

Code:
Minecraft has crashed! ---------------------- Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem. If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected]. Please include a description of what you did when the error occured. --- BEGIN ERROR REPORT a1dce528 -------- Generated 13/10/10 8:58 PM Minecraft: Minecraft Alpha v1.1.2_01 OS: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1 Java: 1.6.0_21, Sun Microsystems Inc. VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc. LWJGL: 2.4.2 OpenGL: GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2 version 3.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation java.lang.NullPointerException at fz.b(SourceFile:58) at fz.a(SourceFile:54) at bn.a(SourceFile:152) at e.a(SourceFile:942) at iq.c(SourceFile:342) at iq.b(SourceFile:284) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:608) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) --- END ERROR REPORT d66d1940 ----------
time to google for what might be wrong
Old 13th October 2010, 21:41     #177
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

the answer is render distance - "FAR" is too much, "NORMAL" seems ok.
Old 13th October 2010, 22:05     #178
cantide

BiB!
Old 13th October 2010, 22:48     #179
Sam

Nice, got my hilltop house underway

Ingame name = GrndCtrl
Old 13th October 2010, 22:52     #180
Sam

Stuff looks so pretty at night. I've started building my house on the hill at the very right of that pic.
Old 13th October 2010, 23:12     #181
p01s0n

the towers always look about 1/2 as tall as they should, but then the clouds put them into perspective lol.
Old 13th October 2010, 23:14     #182
cantide

What IP/port are you guys playing at?
Old 13th October 2010, 23:20     #183
p01s0n

212.117.164.158 standard port
Old 13th October 2010, 23:28     #184
cantide

Thanks p01. I must be running the wrong client or something, every time I try to connect I fall in this strange dark room with water running through it, blocks that auto-replace.. The Bad Place.
Old 13th October 2010, 23:31     #185
p01s0n

this pretty much sums up this game.
Quote:
My very first go at survival, I overestimated how long daytime would be and I ended up running for my life once night hit. Seeing a small cave in the side of a mountain, I dove in and walled up the entrance with dirt.
Placing a torch onto the wall, I could see most of the cave I was in, save for one tiny nook to the back. Silently, a green, souless best wandered out and greeted me only with a paralysing hiss before the explosion knocked me back and destroyed most of the cave's floor. I fell for what seemed an eternity before hitting water. Looking around, I'd been dropped into an immense cavern, decorated by a waterfall. In the following days I'd find that it was the hub of a huge series of interconnected tunnels and secret rooms, all of which became the foundation for a complex minecart system and underground base.
Now this place is filled with light. There are no more corners for silent death to creep out of, though that doesn't seem to ease the fear. And yet, one small part of me wants to just rip a few torches out, so that I might be just as surprised by something as I first was...
Old 13th October 2010, 23:33     #186
Sam

I saw you repeatedly connecting and disconnecting earlier. It was lagging quite a bit at the time for me too, blocks kept coming back. They'd eventually sort themselves out though.

What is the spec of the server? Is it very CPU/memory/bandwidth intensive to run?
Old 13th October 2010, 23:45     #187
cantide

Ah, well that's encouraging Sam
Old 14th October 2010, 08:57     #188
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

so whats new in our city. well, we have a few new residents who immediately started work on their residences, pxpx made a bunker surrounded by a lava moat, mops shuttle launch pad is built (shuttle next!), i made a Tree of Mana on a floating island ripped out of the sea (similar to this), a mysterious large square antenna thing that noone know who built but we suspect aliens, and more..
Old 14th October 2010, 10:19     #189
Spink

Hoping to hop on tonight and do some coop work!

p01s0n the game uses a pretty large amount of upload as the server I think, if anything I'd say that's the potential cause of hosting upsets like watch it in netlimiter or something when you first log on it rolls along pretty hard but once you got all the stuff near you it calms down but if you walk in one direction it starts spammin you hard again. It goes up to like over 200kb/s for me when most games usually cap out around 20, but then most games don't have to send you the world map as you play them.
Old 14th October 2010, 10:30     #190
p01s0n

just for the record: this server is in Belgium, not my house.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:28     #191
BoyWonder

How exotic
Old 14th October 2010, 12:18     #192
Spink

hey man I used this guide to find out your computer and connection speed already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmv8quf_xM
Old 14th October 2010, 12:27     #193
p01s0n

oh shit you got tracer t on the job?? that cat is smooth
Old 14th October 2010, 13:24     #194
Lightspeed

I had a wander around, but I just got lost. I didn't have any tools, so it was tough digging out of places I got stuck in. Also, I didn't want to build up under something and accidentally set the whole place alight. Some epic building though!

Can you get the data files and create maps using the cartographer tool FireStorm suggested?
Old 14th October 2010, 13:30     #195
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

the wiki is getting hammered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minecraft Wiki
Sssssssss.......

A creeper found our servers, we're putting them back together now!

In other words, we're under high load
Old 14th October 2010, 13:42     #196
crocos

Whole site, not just the wiki:
Quote:
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/0.7.65

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th October 2010, 13:46     #197
mpx

Those godamn green penises. I hate them, I hate them.
Old 14th October 2010, 13:51     #198
Spink

I built a little high elevation tour of what's been built so far starting at the first spawn location. Takes you around the twin towers and stuff. Doesn't see everything there is to see but gives you a pretty good view from above/beside stuff.
Old 14th October 2010, 14:24     #199
A Corpse
talkative lurker

So errrm, is this really just a coop sim city thingummy at the moment? Is there a goal, end-game, or is it virtual lego? Nothing wrong with that btw, just trying to figure it out.
Old 14th October 2010, 14:29     #200
Spink

MP is virtual lego atm.

Pretty fun cooperating to build something big though I imagine.