NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > VUALT
User Name
Password

Old 17th July 2000, 01:22     #81
Yautja

That link makes it sound like back in those day's there was nothing but backstabbing and orgy's

You should also check out the crazy stuff in greek mythology also (not the pgr rated stuff you learn about as a kid).
Stuff like the minotaur(sp) on that island was born from a queen that was pissed off at her king for something so basically had a one night stand with a bull to get back at him

and amen to what ChiQ said

[This message has been edited by Yautja (edited 17 July 2000).]

Old 17th July 2000, 01:31     #82
Boofhead

I went to the wormwood link... but the "notes" I read didn't seem to pay very much attention to the Bible verses they were based on.
And I also couldn't find anything about Cain becoming a successful businessman.

maybe I didn't look hard enough (or too hard)

Old 17th July 2000, 02:05     #83
purple+kush

Is that right chiQ?

Well, gays are gay because they choose to be.

Doesnt sit well with you either does it?

Old 17th July 2000, 02:18     #84
duckstab

Hehe boof, some things you take to seriously i think

Altho one could make a fortune selling pollished rocks at Stoning events. *cue monty python music*

------------------
Any Norweigan Yarlsburger, per chance?

Old 17th July 2000, 08:22     #85
Endymion

Homosexuality is an obvious flaw in evolution. I think it's probably a common-ish mutation (so far as mutations go) in some chromosome.

What good is not breeding with the alternate sex, it's not going to produce any offspring.

Unfortunately, it's probably not a hereditary trait - so homosexual people not breeding, while it will remove them from the gene pool, it won't stop more being produced.

It's not that I have something against gay people, I just don't see the point.

Old 17th July 2000, 09:40     #86
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

The *flood* is not a biblical concept, its been easily traced back to Sumerian/Mesopotamian beginnings, and indeed there has been proof of a few rather large floods, especially in those areas.
This proves jack shit, merely that the bible has stolen some MORE stuff from earlier mythologys and religions.

As for the "gays are gay because they choose to be" comment, I would have to say Fuck You.
For all your self-proclaimed "intelligence" PK, you're as blind as a mole; and thus about as smart as one.

Old 17th July 2000, 10:00     #87
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

uhh, PK wasn't actually that insulting (imo) when he said that gays were gay because they choose to be. Gay men might find that complimentary.....

As to his weak 'god did it' argument, flame away

Old 17th July 2000, 10:31     #88
chiQ
Frag-muff

"Is that right chiQ?
Well, gays are gay because they choose to be.

Doesnt sit well with you either does it?"

Ooooh PK *ROWR FSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST* Saucer of milk table for two...

Stop being petty. You know damn well from our private exchanges that it's not that it doesn't "sit well with me", it's the fact that I think you're so very wrong, but we won't go there, because it's all been said hasn't it PK? I've told you what I think about your beliefs and what's behind them. You bringing it up like that is such a blatant wind-up it's laughable.

As I said in an earlier post, don't just state your "facts"; back them up unless you want all the negative attention the users are giving you.

Time and time again I've looked out for you when you've been flamed because that's my job. But you keep coming back and you keep making posts that provoke antagonism. You did it to me just then, and throughout this thread by refusing to do more than spout what you say are facts and insult peoples' intelligence by telling them they're wrong because you say so. What is with that? Are you a masochist?

/sv_irritatedchiQ 0

Endy: I agree that it's most likely a screw up, mutationwise, but it's no more likely to be bred out than Downes syndrome. A reticent gene may be carried by non-trait bearing organisms for generations without manifesting itself until a carrier of the gene reproduces with another carrier of the gene. You don't have to bear a trait to carry the genes for it. This of course assumes that homosexuality is a gene that's passed on, rather than a repeating spontaneous mutation that occurs in every generation or caused by factors other than or in concert with genes.

------------------
[email protected]

Old 17th July 2000, 10:49     #89
BaM
Freeloader

Question

PK: If man didn't evolve from anything, how did you get to be such a throwback?

Old 17th July 2000, 12:08     #90
purple+kush

Yep, good.

I have felt insulted with varyous other threads, many to do with Christains and quite a few personal ones.

So you can get fucked if you think Im going to be all rosy and nice and waste my time trying to put foward arguments, because they mean as much to you as yours do to me.

Old 17th July 2000, 12:24     #91
Fred

So in other words Purple Kush you are just here to state your perception of reality and then not actually enter into any debate about it.

What is the point of that?

I mean the essence of a bulletin board is about communication and having your comments and views discussed. If you aren't here to do that, then what are you here for?

|THAT|-fred
'fred is not dead, fred is resurrected!'

Old 17th July 2000, 12:37     #92
chiQ
Frag-muff

If you're not here to promote a point of view why bother posting PK? I'm not saying be rosey and nice. I'm saying you're not doing your religion or your beliefs or favours by making irrational statements on its behalf. That makes for more harm than good in the long run if you project the people who share your beliefs as being arrogant enough to say that they know better and things are the way they say, and nobody else's beliefs are valid. YOu're making yourself and your school of thought look bad.

I've had theological debates, philosophical arguments and discussions of creationism vs evolution with a few people, some very staunchly religious (though not all christian) and none have really convinced me of anything. All however have presented fairly logical reasons for the beliefs they hold, even the fundamentalist Shiite muslim who held his beliefs more by the momentum of his passion than by reasoning. Even he outlined his rationale for thinking what he did. I've talked a to one fascist (not a very nice girl) who was happy to tell me why all races except her own (The Master Race) were the work of satan. She projected a better impression of her own reasons and of the integrity of her beliefs than you have yet PK.

------------------
[email protected]

Old 17th July 2000, 12:41     #93
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

"So you can get fucked if you think Im going to be all rosy and nice and waste my time trying to put foward arguments, because they mean as much to you as yours do to me."

Goodo
Naff off then.

/me goes to take some Evening Primrose Oil

Old 17th July 2000, 12:50     #94
Necro

Religion is the spawn of hypocrisy.

The reason those with faith cant provide evidence is because religion isnt based on evidence. Religion means to follow something without reason. Faith. There is and never will be intelligent reason to faith. Faith is entirly about people desire for there to be meaning to a seemingly pointless existance. They refuse to beleive they werent created by god because they fear what it would mean to have no meaning in their life. Dont try to convine those with faith to stop following there beleifs if they cause no harm to others, at least they are comfortable in their faith.

I would like to beleive in god, to think there is meaning to our lives, but somehow the whole concept of there being some petty, self important, creature who decided to made us just seems so much like the fantasy of some scared superstitious ignorant peasant.

Basicly faith just doesnt cut it for me, and that is fast becoming the common thing in this world. As scientific 'evidence' slowly expands and we can explain the seemingly miraculous with science less people are blindly following their beliefs.

PK, I suggest you consider that just stating something will convince nobody that you are right. If you get your entire reasoning from your faith, then dont expect those without faith to accept them. Science is the modern religion, it will kill/convert those who refuse to follow its system, just like christianity has done to countless other religions. Realise that those who follow the path of science see estabilshed religion as superstitious heresy.

To put it another way, faith is about trust. If you are willing to trust what others have told you, either directly or indirectly, then you have faith. Without that trust you beleive only what you can witness. Scientistic belief is based on witnessing results. Science will always win an argument over religion because arguments are based on the scientific method. There are no facts to religion.

Old 17th July 2000, 13:00     #95
Necro

Oh yeah, breasts.... mmmm, breasts.... mmmm, pointy....

NARF!

Old 17th July 2000, 13:05     #96
Yautja

Forgive me if im wrong PK, but this was a nice wholesome thread about boobies until you first posted here, insulting what we beleived in (sound familiar?)without any provication.

You knew what the result would be.

You brought this on yourself.

Old 17th July 2000, 13:16     #97
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Yes PK, if you're not here to DISCUSS on this DISCUSSION board, what the fuck are you here to do?

I think you need take a hard look at yourself and whether you're willing to change in relation to how/what you post here and if not, think about taking it elsewhere.

I've never seen someone to cause so much "drama" - maybe Dinobot and Asmo but they did so more abusively.

Old 17th July 2000, 13:21     #98
Jingo

Just a note. By asking him questions on this discussion page, you're actually encouraging him to talk more. Which I think we can all agree, is a Bad Thing (tm).

*grin*

Old 17th July 2000, 13:36     #99
chiQ
Frag-muff

ChickBreasts™ good! UGH!

ManBreasts™: Good or bad?

------------------
[email protected]

Old 17th July 2000, 14:07     #100
AjaxWORK

Laugh

ChickBreasts GOOD.
ManBreasts BAD.
Why do men even have nipples?

Cornbread - ain't nothin' wrong with that.

[This message has been edited by AjaxWORK (edited 17 July 2000).]

Old 17th July 2000, 14:19     #101
Adunaphel

PK:

Take it from someone who actually DOESNT mind your multy topic posting, and indeed has nothing against you as a person ... that you have got some issues to work out.

I put this argument to my Brother inlaw (an Anglican Minister) and my mom (A presbitarian lay minister/ elder) And they both asked "does he smoke stuff"

Apparently people who take Marijuana are inclined to share your views / attitudes towards christianity. (If they are Christian to start with, naturally)

Anyways, Maybe there is some useful info there.

------------------
AdunFX
All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all who wander are lost.

Old 17th July 2000, 14:35     #102
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Wink

Q. Why Do Men Have Nipples?
A. Decoys to attract other nipples

Old 17th July 2000, 14:36     #103
chiQ
Frag-muff

CW: BWAHAHAHA!!!

And are ManBreasts™ good CW?

------------------
[email protected]

Old 17th July 2000, 14:49     #104
NT_VlaD

Golly ...
Hooters are for staring (sp) at , fondling , kissing nibbling , and generally playing with ..
Ajax boys have nipples for girls to bite gently (I had to point that out ??)During four play
Ok so where are the kiwis wings then ??
So its easier to believe that some thing just made up everything from nothing ...
Oh yeah that makes sence ...

Old 17th July 2000, 15:36     #105
Endymion

Guys have nipples because they are formed before the embryo differentiates between sexes.

Old 17th July 2000, 15:52     #106
Mabd

Current religions are like the best lie: there is enough truth in them to make them believable.

Now Breasts.

They are attractors (why else do they expand and flush on arousal), they are food providers and they are hours of entertainment on rainy days. Hell! Any day, night, early morning, vespers...

Big ones, small ones, brown ones, pink ones, they are all good. ALL GOOD.

------------------
Hail to the King

Old 17th July 2000, 15:56     #107
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

the reason hes so hostile is probably because hes had arguments in the past and been told to fuck up or something (maybe while stoned? :P) i find it hard to believe soemone could just have so little interest in arguing, he obviously can, he just knows where it will get him.

then again id have to say the ppl on this discuss board arent the type to tell you to fuck off pk (well most of them).....so if you wanna discuss it, it would be best here.

btw anyone else thinking this board is starting to turn into PK's Disucssion board, i mean everytime i come here now i end up in a thread with some PK drama in it...amazing how one person can get so much attention. it would be cool if in arguments people just ignored the people who weren't interested in arguing properly/giving reasons and stuck to the issues.

finally to play devils advocate for the religion vs science argument (since pk isnt)...

i am generally a non-relgious science 'believing' kind of guy, but there ARE some things that no matter how i or other people look at them that science won't be able to explain. this is mainly to do with creation.....i mean even if you agree that the big bang created the universe...who/what created the big bang. oh some other scientific explanation? then what caused that? you can go back further and further but it always comes back to WHAT caused that, you can either say 'well its impossible for current science to explain that' or you can say that some superior advanced form of life did...god?

what im saying is that science is limited to a humans capacity to understand/learn, and if you take that in the context of the universe, science cant explain everything and never will. so yea im agreeing with pk here (in that bit at least)

[This message has been edited by Sgt Seb (edited 17 July 2000).]

Old 17th July 2000, 16:07     #108
Nahaz

Females with ideal breasts have a better chance of successfully feeding a infant. Everything we find sexually attractive is based on the ideal mate. Find the ideal mate and your genetic uniqueness stands a better chance of surviving. If course this means less and less in todays world because most of our survival is assured.

Old 17th July 2000, 16:25     #109
MrTTTT

i think that we did evolve i also think science will find solid proof of this over time. (if it hasnt already done that?)

MAN created GOD, not the other way.
MAN is a very misguided race... our superior intelligence is sometimes our downfall. the way i see it, man was in a horrid state and didnt know what to do. they needed something to believe in, hence over time the idea of a 'god' was created so that people would have something to believe in. personally i believe 'god' is just an escape for people from the 'real world'.

Im not trying to insult the cultures of you all but when i see misguided people like purple kush then i feel the need to post a ramblings like this...

PurpleKush. i believe homosexuality is something in the gene pool or something. sure they CHOSE to be with other men. but they dont chose to have gay feelings i would suspect.
hence asking them not to conduct in acts of homosexuality is like asking you not to be with chicks.

not that im gay
chicks = very good

[This message has been edited by MrTTTT (edited 17 July 2000).]

Old 17th July 2000, 16:27     #110
lith0s

Very sad

Christ...
-
Its "sense" and not "sence."
Give it a rest : /

-lith0s,.. (R.O.S.E. by any other name is S.O.R.E.)

Old 17th July 2000, 16:37     #111
Yautja

Yeah our survival pretty much assured these day's, thank's mainly to better hygene & diet.

But you can't say that doctor's don't play a great part in this (i reckon they have the greatest business model around, help sick people live so they can breed more people susceptable to sickness).

Then you can argue that genectic engineering will put it all right in a few more decade's, but the way i see it we may as well leapfrog that and go directly on to cybernectics.

Old 17th July 2000, 17:15     #112
purple+kush

Why am I here someone asked?

Well, because it has something to do with pc's, and its a great dumping ground for all excess thoughts and agressions.

Old 17th July 2000, 17:34     #113
ePi

Monotonous Negative Post Time (tm) BOYD.

Excess Thoughts?

What thoughts?

Old 17th July 2000, 18:12     #114
chiQ
Frag-muff

MrTTTT: But that's the problem; in scientific terms there is no such act as to prove something. You find supporting evidence, and disprove, but you can't prove anything for sure. It'll always be theory with evidence making it accepted as the most likely explanation.

------------------
[email protected]

Old 17th July 2000, 18:23     #115
MrTTTT

Old 17th July 2000, 20:04     #116
purple+kush

Hmmm, another thing I want to ask someone..
it says in the bible, that God is the only one who can give anything the gift of life.

I bet my gumboot, that nobody, not one person, ever, has created a life form, from scratch. That is, made a seed, or any thing at all, and made it grow and live. Meaning, using entirely non living things.

Even now, with all this, so called, genetic knowledge, nobody will be able to create a living thing themselves, and from scratch.

Also.

With the ape -> human thing.

If apes took yonks to 'evolve' into humans, should there not be plenty of evidence of thie links in between? Where are the hundreds if not hundreds of thousands of skeletons of these, missing links?

If the evlolution theory was true, how come, nobody has found stack loads of skeletons, from all the dead apes and humans in between?

Diddnt this evolution take a very long time? Should there not be a very large amount of remains from this theory?

Not some ape remains that looks slightly different from the norm, and then whoopy, there we have found the missing link.

So what.. the entire universe... just happens to be in sync, all the planets and moons, all happen to be in proper orbit? And life just all of a sudden happend?

If Jesus did not exist, what is the AD/BC thing for? Isnt a lot of history based on this?

Old 17th July 2000, 20:39     #117
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

No one said Jesus didn't exist.

And chiQ: Depends what sort of ManBreasts you're talking about
And if I sget any more specific, Baal might get offended, so I'll leave it at that!

Old 17th July 2000, 20:56     #118
Jingo

You know, really, there's not much thought, logic nor deduction being put into these arguments of "People made God because they wanted something to believe in".

Old 17th July 2000, 21:03     #119
Mabd

"If Jesus did not exist, what is the AD/BC thing for? Isnt a lot of history based on this"

Read a book on calendars. It has very little to do with Jesus and more to do with Christianity. One doesn't validate the other.

There are plenty of fossils of evolution.

The earliest hominid genus being the Australopithecus from 4 million years ago. They were around for almost 2 MILLION years. In that time they co-existed with Homo Habilis about 2 mill years ago. 1.5 mill was the Homo Erectus. More intelligent scientists have theorised that Habilis is Erectus' ancestor. Erectus survived for over 1 MILLION years. around 200,000 years ago Homo Sapiens and Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis. There is a <font color="red">DIRECT</font> evolutionary track from Homo Sapiens to Homo Sapiens Sapiens whom are our direct ancestors. There used to be a theory that we came from the neaderthalensis branch but that has been discarded in the light of NEW and RECENT archaeology. Have you read any archaeology magazines/periodicals/serials/texts lately PK? Because there has been alot of work in the last 15 years and this "No fossils" lark is untrue.

You have your faith and you believe it is true. Well and good. But don't try and use something like archaeology as an argument when you obviously haven't even studied it.

That's about it really.

Old 17th July 2000, 21:08     #120
NT_VlaD

So PK... which religion is it that lets you swear and abuse people ,deliberatly antagonise people , blatently advertise your compulsive drug abuse and encourages you to generally be a complete fucken idiot publicly ??
??
?