NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10th February 2013, 16:18     #37121
MadMax
Stuff

We've been given some taro plants from our neighbour which are doing really well and have also been given some whitebait which we'll use together.

Any taro eaters here? What else can we do with the plant?
Old 10th February 2013, 17:51     #37122
xor

I've reached that level in facebook where everyone is posting pics of their spawn. Last year it was filled with pics of coffee and the year before I was flooded with requests to join farmville.
Old 10th February 2013, 21:20     #37123
Cyberbob

Continuously Variable Transmission.
Good idea or avoid at all costs?

Looking at recent Corolla's and have been advised to stay away from CVT due to potential repair costs etc. any thoughts?
Old 10th February 2013, 21:54     #37124
p01s0n

avoid at all costs
edit: if you're looking at corollas from the last 5 years also look at the Mazda 3 hatch and the mitsu lancer (the VRX model)

Last edited by p01s0n : 10th February 2013 at 21:55.
Old 10th February 2013, 22:17     #37125
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
We've been given some taro plants from our neighbour which are doing really well and have also been given some whitebait which we'll use together.

Any taro eaters here? What else can we do with the plant?
Get some palusami, spread it on the taro (after taro is cooked, I think in an umu?), enjoy mind blown. For added lols store left over palusami in margarine container, so that when someone else opens the container they'll think it's amazingly off margarine.

What is palusami? Fuck knows, ask some Samoans.
Old 11th February 2013, 00:05     #37126
doppelgänger of someone

I'm on Ubuntu this last few days. First thought was "OMG it looks a lot like OSX". Then the crashes reminded me it is not. And yes, a lot of crashes are due to Adobe Flash on Firefox. Gnash Flash is both crap and crashes. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of Flash, must be in want of an unstable system."

A lot of operations require command line input. Ubuntu tries very hard to hide its linux user unfriendliness (nay, outright contempt to n00b), and not necessarily succeeding. If I didn't have the internet to look up answers, I wouldn't have gotten far in just a few days.

It is great as a portable OS that you can carry everywhere though, and it is free, sort of. The price of Linux isn't money, but time and patience.
Old 11th February 2013, 09:17     #37127
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
avoid at all costs
Old 11th February 2013, 10:04     #37128
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
I'm on Ubuntu this last few days. First thought was "OMG it looks a lot like OSX". Then the crashes reminded me it is not. And yes, a lot of crashes are due to Adobe Flash on Firefox. Gnash Flash is both crap and crashes. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of Flash, must be in want of an unstable system."

A lot of operations require command line input. Ubuntu tries very hard to hide its linux user unfriendliness (nay, outright contempt to n00b), and not necessarily succeeding. If I didn't have the internet to look up answers, I wouldn't have gotten far in just a few days.

It is great as a portable OS that you can carry everywhere though, and it is free, sort of. The price of Linux isn't money, but time and patience.
havent experienced flash crashing tbh, but i wouldnt be surprised. its a hunk of junk and im sure adobe is embarressed by it. they barely tolerate supporting linux as it is, and dropped android a while back. their loss, html5 supremacy.
Old 11th February 2013, 10:30     #37129
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Good idea or avoid at all costs?

Looking at recent Corolla's and have been advised to stay away from CVT due to potential repair costs etc. any thoughts?
Hell, I'd avoid it just because it feels wierd and inaccurate to drive.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 12th February 2013, 14:28     #37130
CCS
Stunt Pants

Kiwi Catholics shocked and 'heartbroken' after Pope quits

Oh fuck off. It's not like there won't be another one. The next pope will be just as much of an asshole.

Quote:
In a move that has stunned followers around the world the Pope said he no longer had the mental and physical strength to cope with his ministry.
Joe Ratz was already old when he was elected at 77 and now he's 8 years older, 8 years weaker and 8 years more frail. This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I guess Cathies expect popes to fucking die on the job, which is pretty fucking miserable tbh.
Old 12th February 2013, 15:03     #37131
Savage

He's only the third Pope to resign in the Catholic church's history, and the first in the last 600 years; they DO normally die on the job
Old 12th February 2013, 15:49     #37132
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Kiwi Catholics shocked and 'heartbroken' after Pope quits

Oh fuck off. It's not like there won't be another one. The next pope will be just as much of an asshole.

Joe Ratz was already old when he was elected at 77 and now he's 8 years older, 8 years weaker and 8 years more frail. This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I guess Cathies expect popes to fucking die on the job, which is pretty fucking miserable tbh.
well... yeah man. thats kinda the job expectancy of a pope isnt it?
Old 12th February 2013, 15:50     #37133
StN
I have detailed files

Guess he knew when to pull out?
Old 12th February 2013, 15:55     #37134
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
well... yeah man. thats kinda the job expectancy of a pope isnt it?
Yeah look, it's certainly unusual. But it shouldn't be shocking. Catholics need to get a grip and say "Oh well, we'll have a new Pope soon enough. Things will be O.K."

But then, I shouldn't be surprised at the nuttiness of Catholics.
Old 12th February 2013, 16:03     #37135
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Yeah look, it's certainly unusual. But it shouldn't be shocking. Catholics need to get a grip and say "Oh well, we'll have a new Pope soon enough. Things will be O.K."

But then, I shouldn't be surprised at the nuttiness of Catholics.
I think you're misunderstanding the reason for their presumed "shock".

I don't think they're shocked over concern regarding getting a new Pope (as you say, it won't take long to replace him), I think they're probably surprised because this is a once-in-600-years occurrence.
Old 12th February 2013, 16:11     #37136
p01s0n

fingers crossed for black pope.
popebama, if you will.
Old 12th February 2013, 16:15     #37137
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
I think you're misunderstanding the reason for their presumed "shock".

I don't think they're shocked over concern regarding getting a new Pope (as you say, it won't take long to replace him), I think they're probably surprised because this is a once-in-600-years occurrence.
Yeah I've said all of this. You need to stop thinking, you're not very good at it.
Old 13th February 2013, 13:13     #37138
MadMax
Stuff

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...el-recommended

Wat

Drinking that much even in bottled water surely would cause vitamin deficiencies or something and in the right circumstances could cause death, no?
Old 13th February 2013, 13:25     #37139
CCS
Stunt Pants

Vitamin deficiencies? No, I don't know why the fuck you would think drinking too much water will cause vitamin deficiencies. What it does do is it fucks with your electrolytes.

Madmoron will never read this because he ignores me and thus misses out on an education. It's his loss, not mine. He is a cretin.
Old 13th February 2013, 13:31     #37140
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
What it does do is it fucks with your electrolytes.
That's why I only drink Brawndo
Old 13th February 2013, 13:43     #37141
leadinjector

next level retarded. shame she popped out eight fucking retardo kids before she coked herself out
Old 13th February 2013, 13:43     #37142
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
That's why I only drink Brawndo
Wise move.
Old 13th February 2013, 13:47     #37143
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Yeah I've said all of this. You need to stop thinking, you're not very good at it.
This is like a milestone of my time on NZG; the first time CCS has insulted me! I'm so proud
Old 13th February 2013, 14:55     #37144
CCS
Stunt Pants

diaf
Old 13th February 2013, 18:11     #37145
crocos

From the "Let's rape the corpse of cool TV shows past" files, comes the Firefly boardgame!

http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=227&art_id=3748

Yay. Or something.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 13th February 2013, 18:28     #37146
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
From the "Let's rape the corpse of cool TV shows past" files, comes the Firefly boardgame!

http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=227&art_id=3748

Yay. Or something.
Ummm there's board games for a whole range of TV shows out there you know? Game of Thrones, Dr Who, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Spartacus, etc etc etc...

Not sure what makes this one so special (in terms of badness).

Pixie
Old 13th February 2013, 18:37     #37147
MadMax
Stuff

nek minit, big bada boom in north korea
americans: it wasn't us, it was the asteroid!
in other news, half a dozen independent astronomers working on tracking the asteroid are assassinated
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Get some palusami,
we had actually used coconut cream, which i think is the same thing and it certainly does that or at least comes out of the can like that. yeah, was nom

google tells me: "Palusami (taro leaves and coconut cream)"

Last edited by MadMax : 13th February 2013 at 18:42.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:39     #37148
ZoSo

So are we gonna win the T20 tonight or what.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:42     #37149
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Hope so, but I suspect not.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:49     #37150
Biggus
Beaner!

Bang

Surely Oscar Pistorious isnt the first person to wake up on valentines day lying in bed legless, and shoots all over his his girlfriends face thinking about she was someone else.
Old 15th February 2013, 13:01     #37151
aR Que

Isn't she hot?
What a fucking dick if she was, go shoot an ugly bitch or something, ffs.
Old 15th February 2013, 13:02     #37152
?>Superman

Apparently they were arguing beforehand, so now hes been charged with murder.

Gutted.
Old 15th February 2013, 15:16     #37153
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus
Surely Oscar Pistorious isnt the first person to wake up on valentines day lying in bed legless, and shoots all over his his girlfriends face thinking about she was someone else.
bahahaha, shot
Old 15th February 2013, 20:07     #37154
xor

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...onman-race-fee

Murray doesn't want the Pakeha dudes going swimming through their lake. I actually lol at this.
Old 15th February 2013, 20:48     #37155
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Tuwharetoa don't have a problem with people swimming through their lake. They have a problem with a commercial organisation charging people money to swim through the lake.
Old 15th February 2013, 21:21     #37156
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I only just found out you can take your pulse with the camera on a smartphone.

Mind = blown.
Old 15th February 2013, 21:39     #37157
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Tuwharetoa don't have a problem with people swimming through their lake. They have a problem with a commercial organisation charging people money to swim through the lake.
I see where I failed les compréhension.

edit: cbf'd

Last edited by xor : 15th February 2013 at 21:42.
Old 15th February 2013, 21:44     #37158
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Murray doesn't own the water does he
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the first 6 words of the article
The iwi that owns Lake Taupo
Yeah, you missed the other part where you failed les compréhension.

Not even ninja edit can save you.
Old 15th February 2013, 22:08     #37159
xor

Actually the article states that the iwi own everything except the water.
Quote:
"Tuwharetoa actually own the lake bed, subsoil, space occupied by water and airspace above the lake. So they pretty much own everything except the water.
I'd also be interested to see how much the local council pays for the upkeep of Lake Taupo, as well as the crown. Seeing as the iwi own it.
Old 15th February 2013, 22:58     #37160
TnT

Teach me for not reading the whole article.

That actually makes my brain hurt. "We own lake taupo, except for the water'

lake: Noun: A large body of water surrounded by land:

wat?