Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Fortress Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14th May 2009, 00:38     #1
TB

TF2 Sniper Update

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniperupdate/

Day 1 (Wed) - The Huntsman, aka the bow from HL2 turned up on its side.

The full update should be out on the 20th.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:01     #2
MadMax
Stuff

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniperup...01_english.htm

how can he hit a target holding a bow like that. and his elbow is way up in the air. not to mention the arrow needs to be rotated 180degrees - the fletching will just hit the bow

Last edited by MadMax : 14th May 2009 at 14:04.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:49     #3
TB

the more obvious one is, why is his hat bent up on the opposite side to the bow.
Old 14th May 2009, 19:16     #4
MadMax
Stuff

oh, and his wrist and arm are both bent. i don't think he's actually doing anything right.
Old 17th May 2009, 18:02     #5
TB

Meet The Spy is out!

Meet The Spy is out, and its the best one yet. Here is a yt link, but with luck Valve will upload the real deal in HD (and its a must watch in HD) soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOY2aSIMDA&fmt=18
Old 17th May 2009, 22:03     #6
orpheus
Jedi Knight

i agree that was a good one
Old 18th May 2009, 19:28     #7
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

So awesome. They need to make a TV series :P
Old 20th May 2009, 14:54     #8
nostrom0

Yeah that was awesome... had to download all the other ones too.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:01     #9
TB

TF2 Spy update crashes to desktop on backstab. I think that maybe an issue...

The good part tho is there is some radical changes to the game, for the good including some new anti script cheating code.

Last edited by TB : 22nd May 2009 at 15:04.
Old 23rd May 2009, 06:57     #10
Narnaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB
TF2 Spy update crashes to desktop on backstab. I think that maybe an issue...
Mine only crashed when I won, So little chance of it happening again
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:17     #11
TB

Well the back stab crash is fixed, tho there is plenty of other bugs round. Spies getting trapped in doors, the cloak and dagger allowing people to stay cloaked when it runs out etc.

The new map pipeline is tons of fun, especially the last lvl which is so good people deliberately say "dont push the cart" over chat so everyone can keep killin. Not seen the new arena lvls yet as no-one runs arena.

Got no new unlocks but the ones Ive seen and had friends using were all good except the razorback which is petty pointless. You can still backstab snipers with it, and you can simply shootem otherwise. Very much a wasted slot.

All in all apart from the lame unlock system its pretty good, a nice improvement.
Old 26th May 2009, 18:15     #12
W0Lv3R1nE

ohno~~
Old 27th May 2009, 00:07     #13
Spink

Dead Ringer is pretty fun til half the enemy team is pyros on defense who want to give you a napalm enema - pretty rad disguising as a friendly pyro half the map though and just using the fake deaths to get about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k3KaAoyQU8 is a pretty good vid of dead ringer

anyhow after those pyros all turned lame going back to heavy was mucho fun
Old 27th May 2009, 01:23     #14
?>Superman

Very sad

Man, i've got like 17/35 achievements on my sniper and still no sniper unlocks

Damn you TF2 for not rewarding my impatience!
Old 27th May 2009, 08:26     #15
nostrom0

I got the bow and the jar of piss
Old 27th May 2009, 09:42     #16
TB

Ive got 4 items, 2 for each class + many many dupes. Jarate and Dead Ringer are fantastic. Jarate in particular can be used to change the tide of a game. Razerback still sucks, and Ambassador has been nerfed. Infact it wont even do dmg to building currently, hopefully thats a bug.

If you open your disguise watch and taunt, about 1 in 10 you'll get a crab taunt. Also, arrows can now become stuck in the spectators view which is a nice touch.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:30     #17
ZoSo

Got 5 yesterday. 3 idling (lol @ achievement_idle.. bit silly really, but handy!) and 2 playing.
Went to check at lunchtime today but I seem to have pissed off one of the clearnet admins whoring up his kills, as when I shot him, he packed a sad and banned me. Heh.
Old 29th May 2009, 13:54     #18
?>Superman

lol was that on an achievements server? You've gotta watch yourself there when the admins are online, usually they flip out if you do anything counter-productive to their achievements (in my experience anyway)
Old 29th May 2009, 14:07     #19
ZoSo

Yeah. Alt-tabbed in.. saw an engy with a 'nemesis' above his head and thought "hmm.. can't have that" so chained him with my heavy as he was setting up shop.
Bit pathetic really as we had some awesome melee fights in there yesterday so it's not a set rule or anything. Plus I was going back afk right after it
Ah well.. no loss. On another one atm.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:55     #20
?>Superman

Yeah the fights on that heavy map get real intense.

Me and 3 others got booted for killing an admin who was camping spawn as heavy while he stood next to the resupply cupboard (making him pretty much invincible) not so long ago, usually it's pretty lawless in there and you can go around causing mayhem.

Add me on steam dude! You in the NZG group?
Old 4th June 2009, 14:24     #21
ZoSo

I'm not on much these days, but sure, what's your nick? same as here?
Old 4th June 2009, 23:03     #22
?>Superman

Yup just "Superman". I can't find you in the NZG group?

I should play more really but most of the time i just get on a 24/7 2forts instaspawn Australian server and end up sniping the night away. ;D
Old 7th June 2009, 14:39     #23
IceFox

Well I jumped back into TF2 the other night since my flatmate has been hassling me to, I only like playing soldier and fuck me is he useless, there was not one person playing soldier on the whole server apart form me, every motherfucker has some crazy ass weapon that shits all over me. I quite after nailing a scouts ass with 3 rockets and he still killed me with a fucking shotgun, and some fucking sniper shoots me with a fucking bow and arrow? I mean wtf is there a bow and fucking arrow in TF for, fuck that lame shit /quit.
Old 7th June 2009, 17:08     #24
crocos

Cool, there's someone in existence that's actually worse at TF2 than I am! Awesome!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 8th June 2009, 11:57     #25
Jodi

I had a 4 hour binge last Friday. No one plays soldier, and everyone is pussy and plays defensively.

Which is good for an aggressive soldier playing old-schooler.

only pickup up one special weapon - the scout's shotgun. *deadpan* yay!
Old 8th June 2009, 16:43     #26
Acido

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFox
Well I jumped back into TF2 the other night since my flatmate has been hassling me to, I only like playing soldier and fuck me is he useless, there was not one person playing soldier on the whole server apart form me, every motherfucker has some crazy ass weapon that shits all over me. I quite after nailing a scouts ass with 3 rockets and he still killed me with a fucking shotgun, and some fucking sniper shoots me with a fucking bow and arrow? I mean wtf is there a bow and fucking arrow in TF for, fuck that lame shit /quit.

lol thats funny I've just starting getting back into it and I only ever play soldier/medic/engi in that order. every other class doesn't interest me.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:44     #27
TB

Solider plus Medic is still the biggest killers round, but now that Sniper and Spy have been made more accessible you really do need the medic. The game is much more balanced now, but I still think the demo is to strong. If you can take down Sentry's without a second thought, you shouldn't be able to do so for the other combat classes.

The most interesting thing to come out of the recent update is that scouts are moving back to the original Scout Scattergun, and Pyros are leaving the Back burner behind for the most part.
Old 9th June 2009, 14:00     #28
Jodi

I find the pyro too easy to play now. It's too easy to jump into an advancing group and flame them all scared (pussy girly players). Heh, I seem to face more players' backs as pyro than I even do as spy. Sure there are areas of the map where I just can't get close enough, but from Pyro friendly maps - it's all too easy.

I also found the scout to be more powerful that I expected. But then the scout appeals to my quake days playing with the double shotgun.
Old 9th June 2009, 18:50     #29
TB

Today they buffed the Pyro and Scout even more. Scouts FAN now does 10% more dmg, and the Pyro can now reflect arrows. Spies can now also use the Dead Ringer while carrying the intel.
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:44     #30
?>Superman

Woot got all the unlocks cept for the KGB.

Gotta say i don't find them all particularly useful

Quite like the Backburner & the Huntsman once you get used to it (yay they've changed the bow to the right side now...makes sense for me).
Old 16th July 2009, 13:04     #31

What's the deal with the hats? Are they achieved at random?
Old 16th July 2009, 14:58     #32
Madman

Yes, hats are dropped randomly.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:01     #33
?>Superman

I got no hats! fuckin sucks
Old 16th July 2009, 17:47     #34
TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
I got no hats! fuckin sucks
I got the Fedora right at the start, but id rather have the Miners Helmet.
Old 16th July 2009, 18:29     #35
?>Superman

Devil grin

Scout/Sold/Sniper/Pyro, either one would do nicely for me.