NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 16th March 2010, 10:40     #20241
Thomas Meatball

I can see how that would be annoying if there were lots of questions where you had to type in an answer. Still, at least they deem it worthwhile soliciting your opinion. At the end of 2008 we did one of these but it was dropped without remark at the end of 2009... fuck knows why. I guess the people I work for just don't give a shit about what employees think. I suspect if I were to ask why they dropped it they would say it cost too much to use some 3rd party website to conduct the survey, to which I would say that you don't need to pay someone else to carry out a survey on your behalf and also, suck my shit hole.

But yeah... Employee Engagement... great HR term there. Really sucks the shit hole.
Old 16th March 2010, 10:41     #20242
p01s0n

damn, the text field is not a fixed width font.

oh yeah, in reply to that post above, these surveys actually direct the way the company operates in a pretty major way and low engagement gets addressed in a "what are we doing wrong" scenario.

Last edited by p01s0n : 16th March 2010 at 10:42.
Old 16th March 2010, 10:46     #20243
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
a "what are we doing wrong" scenario.
Tell them "Too much touch-feely crap when I just want to do my fucking job, you motherfuckers!"

My companies engagement survey is more wankish than your companies engagement survey! They called it "Step Up, Speak Out".

At least when it was called "Employee Opinion Survey" the name of it actually MEANT something.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 16th March 2010, 10:47     #20244
StN
I have detailed files

Still open to HR interpretation though - I saw one set of results that tied sick leave with employee engagement - and HR was saying how awesome it was that the more engaged people were, the less sick leave they took. Sure, unengaged staff might pull more sickies, but super-uber-keen staff turning up even when they are crook was seen as a positive?

Oh - and the downside of externally hosted anonymous (yeah right) surveys is that potentially they are subject to bombing - I imagine someone disgruntled enough with filling out surveys could complete a heap of them, and skew the results off the chart.

Last edited by StN : 16th March 2010 at 10:49.
Old 16th March 2010, 10:47     #20245
xor

Reminds me of

Old 16th March 2010, 10:56     #20246
Thomas Meatball

Send a hellameke link to tubgirl.

Anyways, you can't really complain when your company conducts an opinion poll and then actually follows it up. The last survey we did, the company said it was found that a lot of people felt their hard work was not recognised. The solution to that was to to have HODs nominate people who had demonstrated drive and commitment and some other faggoty buzzwords. Then a couple of WINNARS would be chosen each month to receive a $100 voucher. FUCKING MARVELLOUS you say! THEY'RE RECOGNISING PEOPLE'S EFFORTS! Sounds to me like Employee of the fucking Month and yes they did indeed get their photos put on the wall. It's a fucking popularity contest for those who suck enough cock and some people did indeed win it twice (I say win, not earn) and one person even won for doing fuck all. Everyone else who indicated on the survey that they felt their efforts weren't recognised missed out for not being down with the boss. WEAK. What's the point of recognising employees work if you only single out a few for praise? How about giving people a FUCKING RAISE instead? I bet that'd be appreciated YOU FUCKING ARSE EATERS. So player of the month has been quietly discontinued this year. Not that I really miss it, but there is nothing in its place. Nothing like, say, HODs committing to paying attention to employees and praising them if they go the extra mile. "Thanks bud, I really appreciate the work you're putting in. I'd perform analingus on you any day" can go a long way.

Aaaahhh.... ranting. Anyway... what were we talking about? Oh yeah, fuck up p01s0n, it could be worse

Last edited by Thomas Meatball : 16th March 2010 at 10:57.
Old 16th March 2010, 10:59     #20247
p01s0n

don't tell me to fuck up, why don't you fuck up.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:04     #20248
Thomas Meatball

NO YOU!!!!
Old 16th March 2010, 11:07     #20249
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I'm getting the flu shot this morning. I never used to get sick before having kids, and hopefully I won't spend this winter being sick myself whilst looking after them when they're sick too. I'm gonna be pissed if I do
Old 16th March 2010, 11:16     #20250
Thomas Meatball

Well... the flu shot won't stop you getting sick... You probably won't get the flu, though.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:58     #20251
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

3 years today(roughly) since I had a ciggy, teh_man ;>
Old 16th March 2010, 12:07     #20252
Furry Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
well done

Old 16th March 2010, 14:06     #20253
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Pepsi - are flu shots free again this year? Yes, I did ring my gp. The receptionist put me through to a nurse who didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Apparently the flu vaccines have some anti-schwein goodness in them too, so that's what I want.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:08     #20254
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

My flu shots have been free for around 4 years now, and before that, they were free through work. I get a letter in the mail from my GP every year telling me it's "that time" again~

waiting for letter
Old 16th March 2010, 14:09     #20255
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Pepsi - are flu shots free again this year? Yes, I did ring my gp. The receptionist put me through to a nurse who didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Apparently the flu vaccines have some anti-schwein goodness in them too, so that's what I want.
I don't think it's free for everyone?..I had a letter saying mine is because I have a history of asthma. The letter implies it's only free if you're "at risk"..

Last edited by Pepsi : 16th March 2010 at 14:10.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:14     #20256
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Oh yeah, my history of asthma is the reason I get it free, I completely forgot about that.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:18     #20257
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Stink. They were free for everybody last year, so I was hoping that they'd offer that again this year. Can't be too expensive though.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:22     #20258
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I think it's about $30 or something? I could be wrong though...could be less..
Old 16th March 2010, 14:24     #20259
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

$15 in South AK for casual peeps, $10 for regular(High Usage) peeps.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:31     #20260
Baal

You genetically inferior flu prone types will be the first to go when the Zombie Apocalypse strikes!
Old 16th March 2010, 14:33     #20261
StN
I have detailed files

Laugh

/steeples fingers...

I wonder if I should pop out and buy a pile of liquorice and black jellybeans to shout the office this afternoon for St Patrick's day?
Old 16th March 2010, 14:38     #20262
gentle

Do those lollies make your shit turn green?
Old 16th March 2010, 14:39     #20263
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

maybe if you ate half a kg?
Old 16th March 2010, 14:40     #20264
StN
I have detailed files

No, no, no, no, no, no.

yes
Old 16th March 2010, 14:49     #20265
xor

Doesn't the flu vaccine only protect you from the previous years strains? If so, doesn't it make it ineffective for the latest strains?

Not that I'm an anti vaccine freak or anything.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:57     #20266
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
I'm getting the flu shot this morning. I never used to get sick before having kids, and hopefully I won't spend this winter being sick myself whilst looking after them when they're sick too. I'm gonna be pissed if I do
Just inhale some pig heart stuff and flu pieces and you'll be good to go
Old 16th March 2010, 15:08     #20267
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Another customer died today while on holiday, meaning their next of kin has to come collect their vehicle. That's 3 in 6 months. Yesterday a customer had a heart attack while they were away. Crikey.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:36     #20268
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Heh, when I watched that Lady Gaga vid "Telephone" the other day, I assumed the chick from one scene was Gaga in a brunette wig, but it turns out it's her 17 year old sister.. . They look pretty similar..

Old 16th March 2010, 15:50     #20269
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

There was so much hype surrounding that video, so I watched the full clip...well, not even half actually. It was lame. And made me uncomfortable (Gaga and Beyonce's acting, really). And the song wasn't good enough to make me keep watching. I just totally don't understand how she has become this pop music phenomenon. I've always considered myself a pop music fangirl, but none of her songs have even come close to making themselves onto my ipod.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:24     #20270
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Doesn't quite go with your James Blunt and Miley collection right?
Old 16th March 2010, 16:31     #20271
?>Superman

^ohlol

Quote:
There was so much hype surrounding that video, so I watched the full clip...well, not even half actually. It was lame. And made me uncomfortable (Gaga and Beyonce's acting, really). And the song wasn't good enough to make me keep watching. I just totally don't understand how she has become this pop music phenomenon. I've always considered myself a pop music fangirl, but none of her songs have even come close to making themselves onto my ipod.
I'm guessing fresh gossip-whoring mothers aren't part of her target demographic.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:37     #20272
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Heh, when I watched that Lady Gaga vid "Telephone" the other day, I assumed the chick from one scene was Gaga in a brunette wig, but it turns out it's her 17 year old sister.. . They look pretty similar..
PEOW PEOW! Sign me up for a bit o' DAT! Nahmsayun?
Old 16th March 2010, 16:45     #20273
lektronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
Only fags don't finish what they started. It's still not too late...
Old 16th March 2010, 16:45     #20274
p01s0n

Quote:
"ugh! and what's with those LUDICROUS outfits she wears???"
Old 16th March 2010, 17:06     #20275
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Doesn't quite go with your Britney collection right?
Fixed for truth..?
Old 16th March 2010, 17:38     #20276
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
I'm guessing fresh gossip-whoring mothers aren't part of her target demographic.
Burn! Oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Fixed for truth..?
Doesn't go with my Spice Girls collection more like And my new Britney perfume (IT WAS A CHRISTMAS GIFT AIIIGHT?)

I might not like Gaga's music, but I can see that she's a genuine talent. The outrageous outfits, however, detract from her talent. She has become Marilyn Manson-esque. And look what happened to him/them.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:46     #20277
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
She has become Marilyn Manson-esque. And look what happened to him/them.
I suggest you check out her recent interview with Jonathan Ross on Youtube. You have no idea.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:52     #20278
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Actually I do. I'll watch the interview tonight, but only because I love Jonathan Ross.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:55     #20279
Baal

Quote:
I might not like Gaga's music, but I can see that she's a genuine talent. The outrageous outfits, however, detract from her talent. She has become Marilyn Manson-esque. And look what happened to him/them.
wat
Old 16th March 2010, 18:04     #20280
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Ok, I'm not getting into a Lady Gaga love/hate debate with a bunch of heterosexual men. It's just...wrong.

On another note (I'm feeling particularly verbal diarrhoea-y today) - took my kid to the local kindergarten today, just to check it out. Here are the names of some of the kids at that session:

Rosary.
Legacy.
Lennox.
Jipsy.

Yes, I live in da hood. I'm sure there are more pearlers, but I only got the chance to peek at one of the name boards.