NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th February 2023, 09:30     #36521
blynk

No claims bonuses.
I am surprised that these things still exist. The whole purpose of insurance is for you to claim when something happens, but No Claim Bonuses are trying to make people 2nd guess some claims.

Insurance excess is already there to avoid a lot of smaller claims. No Claims Bonus should not be
Old 8th February 2023, 17:12     #36522
MadMax
Stuff

Weird. Without checking again on how it works for myself under AMI I thought that only applied for a set length of time then after that you don’t lose it?
Old 14th February 2023, 13:58     #36523
Lightspeed

facepalm

Videos show Turkey's Erdogan boasted letting builders avoid earthquake codes
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:13     #36524
MadMax
Stuff

Asking a voda^H^H^H^H One manager to review a ticket after our phone call as I’m being repeatedly asked for detail I’ve already supplied and he starts asking me for detail I’ve already supplied.
Old 15th May 2023, 12:55     #36525
blynk

Dealing with the bank to get a top up home loan for renovations.

- We need proof of address for you.

You have my proof of address. My home loan is with you, my bank accounts are with you. My address is on the fucking statements you send me, plus the address shit was sorted 10 years ago when I became a member of your bank.

This was on the back of a whole lot of other shit that they have asked me to provide evidence for even though they would have had it all previously.
Old 15th May 2023, 13:03     #36526
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I’m always amazed at shitty service from banks, as if it’s the 20th century and they have no competition and customers are loyal to corporations.
Old 15th May 2023, 16:14     #36527
StN
I have detailed files

Call me pedantic, but why circle the traffic management truck and not the cab of the borked one?
Old 15th May 2023, 17:39     #36528
wazza
*flex*

haha, nice spotting
Old 16th May 2023, 12:00     #36529
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I’m always amazed at shitty service from banks, as if it’s the 20th century and they have no competition and customers are loyal to corporations.
ANZ replied to my follow up to tell me they're taking between 5 and 10 business days to open a new business bank account, a day after I submitted all the paperwork and two days after receiving my client supplier forms

Last edited by Savage : 16th May 2023 at 12:01.
Old 18th May 2023, 01:46     #36530
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Based on a sample of three, I advise against buying coffee in the South Australian town of Whyalla.
Old 18th May 2023, 10:26     #36531
xor

I can't justify spending $6 or whatever it is on a coffee these days. It's a fucken rip.
Old 18th May 2023, 10:59     #36532
wazza
*flex*

^^ interesting.. on the weekend i had my first coffee this year, i was out and about and thought why not.. i got a fright when it was $7
Old 18th May 2023, 11:34     #36533
fixed_truth

You guys are going to shit when you see the price of . . . fuckin everything
Old 18th May 2023, 13:12     #36534
xor

Better tell the govt to stop printing more money then
Old 18th May 2023, 13:53     #36535
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Or after a coffee and some eggs.
Old 18th May 2023, 14:22     #36536
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
I haven't been impacted too much by local price increases. Maybe because I don't rely much on services run by minimum wage staff. Bills are going up, but not as a significant proportion of my expenses.

Coffee still costs about >$2/day. Ethiopian small farm grown bean. It'd be hard to find better if I was paying someone else to do the brewing.

Edit: Probably about $2.5/day with milk. That's 2x 16oz coffees.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 18th May 2023 at 14:26.
Old 18th May 2023, 14:36     #36537
_indigo1

$7/avocado FML
Old 7th July 2023, 20:36     #36538
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

What the actual fuck

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/crime/...C5JD3PCM6MCO4/
Old 8th July 2023, 08:52     #36539
StN
I have detailed files

Root cause seems to be... Facebook?
Old 8th July 2023, 12:52     #36540
Lightspeed

It's hell. People stuck in meaningless suffering without any expectation of change.
Old 8th July 2023, 20:24     #36541
xor

That seems like a good reason to torture someone...
Old 11th July 2023, 15:30     #36542
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Wait until you get a load of today's update...
Old 12th July 2023, 13:51     #36543
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Another

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/crime/...MF4ZTC2LAGVDU/
Old 12th July 2023, 15:48     #36544
StN
I have detailed files

^^Wait - there's no transgender ringleader in that one.

This country is not a happy place for too many.
Old 12th July 2023, 16:34     #36545
Lightspeed

There's that woman who recently escaped her captor after being held for two weeks up north in the last few days.

Things are miserable and getting worse, and we're doing nothing to put on the brakes. If anything we're stomping on the gas, as the wealthy fight harder for diminishing returns.
Old 12th July 2023, 19:25     #36546
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
There's that woman who recently escaped her captor after being held for two weeks up north in the last few days.
mmm was a harrowing read for me. she must've been so scared. _fuck that_.
noticed the prick handed himself in, i imagine the pad put a lot of pressure on him to do so, would've been no good for the patch for him to try and hide.
Old 31st July 2023, 13:45     #36547
StN
I have detailed files

YSL discontinuing my cologne after being a daily staple for a quarter of a century.

Slummed it with Kouros yesterday - Good grief, I smelt like an '80s nightclub

It's an election year - I should consult my MP...
Old 31st July 2023, 15:59     #36548
Savage

Tis the year of our lord, 2023, and we still have IT departments who bow to board members and let them have non-expiring passwords and no MFA when said board members regularly get sent highly classified information (govt corporation level). Even though I know these things happen, and expect them to a degree, it still grinds my gears.

Worst of all, the particular board member who is most vocal in his complaint about these tools is an ex-Govt shadow minister for IT ...
Old 1st August 2023, 09:46     #36549
MadMax
Stuff

User: I can’t sign in and when I go to my emails I can’t open the attachment.

Wait, how are you even looking at your attachments if you can’t sign in???
Old 1st August 2023, 11:12     #36550
MadMax
Stuff

Bahah just had another one of the old:

Me: So, what’s the brand of your desktop?
User: HP
Me: (sensing that she answered that a little too quickly) is that the brand of the screen or the PC?
User: oh it’s the screen - let me have a look around the back I’ll put the phone down *rustling noises* yeah it’s definitely an HP. It’s an HP-E …
Me: yeah so that’s the screen, what’s the make of the PC?
Old 1st August 2023, 11:25     #36551
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Tis the year of our lord, 2023, and we still have IT departments who bow to board members and let them have non-expiring passwords and no MFA when said board members regularly get sent highly classified information (govt corporation level). Even though I know these things happen, and expect them to a degree, it still grinds my gears.

Worst of all, the particular board member who is most vocal in his complaint about these tools is an ex-Govt shadow minister for IT ...
Time to send out the annual phishing test email. See how many fall for it and then point out if that was a legit attack, they would be fucked.
Old 1st August 2023, 13:17     #36552
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Time to send out the annual phishing test email. See how many fall for it and then point out if that was a legit attack, they would be fucked.
We did that earlier this year; ~25% of people clicked, ~15% clicked twice Not sure if any of the aforementioned board members were clickers though, to be fair. It's scary given the client is ripe for being a prime target for all sorts of attacks (govt, critical infra provider, etc). We've pointed out the plethora of overseas examples of their exact business type/model/industry being attacked, nothing but indifference at the highest level.

Can't really do anything more than shrug, continue making recommendations (and changes where possible), and collect that day rate :/
Old 1st August 2023, 14:32     #36553
StN
I have detailed files

^^ This is Oz right? And they are aware of the recent changes to fines etc for breaches resulting in leaks of PII?
Old 2nd August 2023, 20:27     #36554
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
^^ This is Oz right? And they are aware of the recent changes to fines etc for breaches resulting in leaks of PII?
Indeed - the CFO of the business gets it, and is doing their utmost to make the board members understand that accountability sits with the senior management of the business (board members included I believe) if the proverbial hits the fan. Apparently their biggest collective argument is that they're board members for several business entities and "they all make it work just fine" (none of the others are government owned corporations with federal auditors crawling up their underwear with magnifying glasses)

The last couple of submissions I made to try and help the situation specifically called out the Optus, Medibank, and Latitude Finance debacles, listing the respective fines (where the info was available) each has received to date (with potential for more on the way). Still the crickets continue to chirp while the tumbleweed rolls by ...

Last edited by Savage : 2nd August 2023 at 20:28.
Old 2nd August 2023, 20:31     #36555
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Latitude Finance debacles.
I got so raped / doxed by this. I'm with Kiwibank and that's their lender. My DL/Passport/Bank Account(records/statements)/Income/Address, etc all got taken.

RAPED.
Old 2nd August 2023, 23:09     #36556
Lightspeed

Oh yep, I got that email. Grateful that I wasn't exposed.

State of the world really. Very few at the very top came there by way of their own efforts.

The real core competency of the top of the leadership hierarchy is keeping the more authentically competent competing to keep them happy.
Old 3rd August 2023, 07:10     #36557
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Apparently their biggest collective argument is that they're board members for several business entities and "they all make it work just fine"
I hate it when they go that route - I won't list details because too easy to identify.
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:40     #36558
Lightspeed

The question comes, why isn't there more targeting of these folks?

Is it just a cultural barrier? Those with the right incentives just don't have the right awareness? And those of us who do see the very exploitable gaps have enough to lose that we satisfy ourselves with these kinds of grumblings?

I suppose the ever growing AML measures that exist play a role. Sure, you can loot the vault, but you gotta find a way to get that cash clean.
Old 4th August 2023, 03:04     #36559
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I don't immediately jump to bashing the judiciary on things, but this case is all kinds of wtf:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/wel...15yearold-girl
Old 4th August 2023, 15:03     #36560
Lightspeed

I figure it's about what this judge sees day after day.

Sexual violence is rampant in the community, grim shit that makes this situation seem light and fluffy.

Yes, yes, no excuse and so on. But our priorities are clearly set.