NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 14th January 2014, 17:39     #5881
GM

Would recommend Ray Donovan http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/ for anyone interested in a californication type tv show starring Liev Schreiber (the guy who plays Sabretooth in Wolverine).
Old 14th January 2014, 19:05     #5882
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
Would recommend Ray Donovan http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/ for anyone interested in a californication type tv show.
Soooo he's fixer that's always drunk and/or stoned and bonks all hotties he comes across and has a failing marriage?
Hmmm, I didn't think it was that type of show...
Old 14th January 2014, 19:45     #5883
GM

Really. Good well I think that pretty much wraps that up then.
Old 14th January 2014, 20:48     #5884
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
Would recommend Ray Donovan http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/ for anyone interested in a californication type tv show starring Liev Schreiber (the guy who plays Sabretooth in Wolverine).

Ray Donovan is a great show.
Old 11th February 2014, 15:37     #5885
Spink

New Walking Dead was awful, new Game of Thrones 15 minute teaser thingy was great!
Old 11th February 2014, 15:41     #5886
[BT]Monza

15 mins of spoilers, fuck that.
Old 11th February 2014, 16:19     #5887
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
New Walking Dead was awful, new Game of Thrones 15 minute teaser thingy was great!
was hoping he'd actual kill his old man, that'd have been epic. Even better if he shot, missed, took a chunk out of his neck and rick was all like 'OMG I WASN'T DEAD, NOW I AM!'. that'd been dope as shit.
Old 11th February 2014, 16:32     #5888
StN
I have detailed files

I thought the makeup on Michone's pets suffered from CGI cutbacks - missing jaws just looked like chins painted black. Nice dream sequence though.
Old 11th February 2014, 19:44     #5889
kRAdENkO

Anyone into the gold rush style shows might want to check out Ice Cold Gold. Its no Gold Rush Alaska but if you feel like scratching the itch then its ok.

I'm also into Ultimate Survival Alaska. Pretty fun, but some 'accidents' are clearly faked. I like it for the scenery
Old 11th February 2014, 19:53     #5890
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
so same as last Walking Dead then, and the season before that?
Old 11th February 2014, 19:54     #5891
aR Que

woah, woah woah, were you there when he shot his pregnant mum?
Old 16th February 2014, 19:58     #5892
Markh

There isn't enough useful information here!
Tell me what I should be downloading!

Is that new show 'Helix' worth it?
What other new shows are worth checking out?
Old 16th February 2014, 20:19     #5893
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
woah, woah woah, were you there when he shot his pregnant mum?
no, and neither were you because that shit all happened offscreen :P
Old 16th February 2014, 21:25     #5894
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Helix is relatively inoffensive.

True Detective is pretty awesome though. The usual suspects, banshee, justified, Archer, House of cards (which just had the most "fucking what!" moment of any tv this year), The Blacklist, The Musketeers, and The Tomorrow People.

Black Sails, Bosch, Babylon all seem reasonable/promising. I personally didn't like Transparent at all, and The After was pretty fucking bad.

Just remember, opinions are like arseholes etc etc so YMMV.
Old 17th February 2014, 02:26     #5895
Mokoro

I don't get all the hate Walking Dead is getting. I'm still enjoying it anyway meh. Recently though there seems to be lyrical music coming into it, which gives it a soap opera / emo teenager feel to it which does NOT suit.

Anyone else watch Hannibal S1? I really liked it. S2 out in under 2 weeks
Old 17th February 2014, 10:42     #5896
Lightspeed

Rick and Morty. So much disgusting awesome.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:33     #5897
Gerbs

Enjoying "Almost Human".
Undecided on "The Tomorrow People"

Just started watching Fringe - should've watched this a long time ago. Its kinda neat.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:17     #5898
Fx.

fringe gets a little crazy last couple seasons but worth the watch

(i watched for the first time last year)
Old 17th February 2014, 14:52     #5899
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Parts of The Tomorrow People really offend me for some reason. Like the fact that no-one seems to think carrying a weapon of some kind, like even a big stick, would be handy when every episode you get into fights.

Plus the whole "cant kill" thing just seems really weirdly defined, can they not do anything that might accidentally result in someone's death, like shooting them in the leg?
Old 17th February 2014, 15:15     #5900
[BT]MikeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs
Enjoying "Almost Human".
Undecided on "The Tomorrow People"

Just started watching Fringe - should've watched this a long time ago. Its kinda neat.
Got pissed off with Almost Human when I realised that FOX were playing the episodes out of order.

Will watch again when all are out and I can watch it in chronological order.
Old 17th February 2014, 15:21     #5901
Lightspeed

I'm about to concede AB's original point about the show's "tropey" nature. Particularly Rudy, my goodness his character is such a yawn.

It still has some neat stuff, but nothing really ground breaking. Still holding out some hope for the larger story that emerges.
Old 17th February 2014, 15:43     #5902
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Nazi Megastructures
Combining WW2 history with unique engineering projects.
Dodgy tradesmen building Nazi megastructures are rorting the system!

WW2 history with unique engineering projects for the tabloid audience.
Old 17th February 2014, 19:08     #5903
Ajax
Architeuthis

Old Tomorrow People was weird and interesting. New version is derivative garbage.
Old 18th February 2014, 10:52     #5904
Gerbs

"Old" Tomorrow People?
I shall google.
Old 18th February 2014, 10:58     #5905
StN
I have detailed files

Jaunting belt.

Last edited by StN : 18th February 2014 at 11:00.
Old 18th February 2014, 11:10     #5906
chubby

Twitch

would Sapphire and Steel be as butchered?
hell yes.
Old 18th February 2014, 20:36     #5907
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
Old Tomorrow People was weird and interesting. New version is derivative garbage.
Yep.
Old 18th February 2014, 20:54     #5908
crocos

'Old' (90's) Tomorrow People:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103568/

'Ajax-Old' (70's) Tomorrow People:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069647/

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th February 2014, 23:05     #5909
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
'Ajax-Old' (70's) Tomorrow People:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069647/
Tbh I caught reruns in the mid eighties, wasn't around for first runs. Even then it was a low-budget loller with rickety sets, flared trousers and terrible bowl haircuts (see screenshot above), but had some genuinely interesting sci-fi ideas.
Old 18th February 2014, 23:41     #5910
crocos

Quote:
Tbh I caught reruns in the mid eighties, wasn't around for first runs. Even then it was a low-budget loller with rickety sets, flared trousers and terrible bowl haircuts (see screenshot above), but had some genuinely interesting sci-fi ideas.
I agree, and same.

Just had to get the dig in, I'm sure you understand

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 21st February 2014, 00:00     #5911
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I haven't seen any of the old Tomorrow People but saw some of the new one... what a load of teenage angst-filled crap. Wouldn't waste my time on it.

Quite liking The Blacklist though. It's not incredible, but it is entertaining enough that I bothered to download all the eps so far.
Old 21st February 2014, 01:11     #5912
Caesar

I think the Actress opposite James Spader in The Black List is as bland as a bland thing.
She's not a good fit IMO... Don't even think shes much of a good actress.

Loving Justified, glad I gave it a try, also seeing 3 other Deadwood actors in the cast too is cool.
Old 21st February 2014, 05:13     #5913
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
I'm reminded of Sapphire and Steel; it was similarly zero budget but great sci-fi.
Old 21st February 2014, 18:53     #5914
nostrom0

Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond
Old 22nd February 2014, 15:59     #5915
?>Superman

After Sidbo endorsed 'Justified' and a few others saying it gets pretty awesome - I sat down and gave the first 6 episodes a decent watching - gotta say, I just don't like it, that shitty kentucky accent and boring squad of cops he's paired up with. The criminals all come across about as gritty as an episode of Home Improvement.

Does it get better or does something significant happen in the story to make it more awesome? So far the coolest thing that happened is the guy from spin city ripping out that dudes molars, the rest of the fried chicken biscuits n gravy overly cliche'd southern moments have been shitly yawnsome.

I really wanted to like it, but just couldn't put myself through another episode. Sorry Sid :P

Almost Human's looking alright so far.

Also zomg new Survivorman, didn't see that ;D

Last edited by ?>Superman : 22nd February 2014 at 16:02.
Old 22nd February 2014, 17:16     #5916
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Justified is really character driven, either you'll like them or you won't. If you haven't taken a shine to Boyd by episode 6 then chances are you're not going to like it as much as others. Season 2 is mostly considered the best, but if you're not engaged then it might just not be your cup of tea.

I didn't really like The Sopranos as I didn't get invested in the characters near as much as I did for Justified, Breaking Bad or The Wire.
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:29     #5917
Caesar

Boyds makes a great country hick criminal (the actor Walton Goggins was in The Shield as well and was good in that).
Justified isn't a fast past action TV series, much like its characters its pretty laid back, I'm almost at the end of S4 now but have enjoyed them all so far.

Have started watching House of Cards and that's turning out to be quite good too, but not a show for anyone who likes action as its all just drama stuff.
Old 23rd February 2014, 01:25     #5918
?>Superman

Fair enough - i think i'll pass on the rest then. Going to give Helix a whirl shortly and see if its any good, everything is sadly lacking in the Space Sci-Fi department atm I think.
Old 23rd February 2014, 22:14     #5919
p-b

Was the Battlestar Galactica series that started in 2004 any good?
Old 24th February 2014, 00:24     #5920
nostrom0

As I recall, the first few seasons were great and then it tapered off to a big pile of poo.