NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 22nd May 2008, 21:02     #241
leadinjector

not caring what others think has actually probably made me more boring cos i dont try and impress anyone :/ so na not really
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:43     #242
Helious

*giggle*
Old 22nd May 2008, 22:02     #243
?>Superman

dead goon makes me *swoon* tbh
Old 22nd May 2008, 22:14     #244
dead goon

mama knows child.
Old 23rd May 2008, 01:19     #245
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
i realised today at the supermarket that my care factor for what others think has completely evaporated. i just dont give a shit anymore. i knocked over a bunch of red bull (i decided to drink 4 red bull in a row to see what would happen) and swore really loudly. then when i was in the checkout queue with sepulchral i let rip the hugest roar of a fart and just laughed my ass off while he went bright red and couldnt believe what id done. i talk about people on the street like they arent standing right next to me, and blatantly stare at womens chests if they are on display.
You didn't need to go into all that detail. It would've been enough to say that you hang out with sepulchral
Old 23rd May 2008, 02:24     #246
Asriel

ed
Old 23rd May 2008, 03:18     #247
dead goon

Animal Collective gig tonight!

Hope they play a Panda Bear track.
Old 23rd May 2008, 03:51     #248
xor

One more day of work left for me. Hoorah Hoorah
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:39     #249
StN
I have detailed files

An African Grey is not a pidgeon...

Rule #1 - don't talk to the cops!
Old 24th May 2008, 09:36     #250
FreddyK
Need I say more?

I love dried apricots, the Sunsweet brand in particular ... but DAMN, do they play havoc with the digestive system!
Old 24th May 2008, 12:59     #251
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
This economist is gonna get raped.

http://stuff.co.nz/4553782a10.html
LET THE ECONOMIST-RAPING COMMENCE

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4559268a10.html
Old 24th May 2008, 13:12     #252
StN
I have detailed files

^ Bwahaha - last week, the day the report was publicised, many an angry poly official was on the radio claiming that his report was full of holes and showed bad acedemic rational. He countered that this was very interesting, because he had just finished putting the copies in envelopes to mail out...
Old 24th May 2008, 13:14     #253
Fx.

resulted in a significant amount of prejudice vented over the internet and on talk-back radio.

^ good god!
Old 24th May 2008, 16:15     #254
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

NZ, world famous for allowing baby murders but investigating statistical analysis since ages ago.
Old 24th May 2008, 23:00     #255
cyc
Objection!

Got myself a pair of new sunnies using the Drivewear lens. Goddamn these things are superb. Things are so comfy and clear in all lighting conditions!
Old 25th May 2008, 00:31     #256
Jonas Undrawing

level 11, ranked 27 wehrmacht 2v2. awwwww yeah! makes me wanna just move away and play a different army

and its funny. For some reason playing CoH makes me super keen to make Warcraft 3 maps. weird.

Last edited by Jonas Undrawing : 25th May 2008 at 00:32.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:39     #257
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Got myself a pair of new sunnies using the Drivewear lens. Goddamn these things are superb. Things are so comfy and clear in all lighting conditions!
Whats that involve?
Old 25th May 2008, 01:25     #258
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Yeah, been looking at those. Would have got those instead of what I've got at the moment if they'd be out here when I got my glasses in Feb.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 25th May 2008, 03:46     #259
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Is it just me, or is this shit really fucking creepy?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/a-c...e#contentSwap1
Old 25th May 2008, 03:59     #260
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

I'd tap that Rebecca chick.

But yes, that 2nd-to-last paragraph especially strikes me as more then a little creepy, but the "For the nation" crap - though they probably believe it - just makes me LOL.

(and why am I still awake at 4am? We may never know!)

Old 25th May 2008, 08:40     #261
chiQ
Frag-muff

Bloody hell, Taylor's putting in a good innings!

Ab: No, it's creepy as hell.

Last edited by chiQ : 25th May 2008 at 08:42.
Old 25th May 2008, 11:24     #262
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
Whats that involve?
Those lens are like real sunnies versions of those Transition lens. Unlike Transitions lens these ones (Developed by Younger and Transitions Inc together) do have a tint and can be activated by optical light, rather than just UV light. Transition lens are useless for driving because most windshields block out about 98% of UV light so your lens won't darken behind the windshield.

In overcast conditions, the Drivewear lens have a yellowish/green tint and does a great job of maximising contrast. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to say wearing sunnies on an overcast day allows you to see better but it honestly does. In bright days but driving behind a windshield, the lens turn to a reddish tint and it goes brown when you're outdoors, which offers the heaviest filtering of light.

It's hard to describe why I like these lens so much, other than to say I get the best vision in all conditions. They are not for everybody -- if your idea of a good pair of sunnies is that it must make things look dark, you will be disappointed. It doesn't darken your vision to the extent that traditional sunnies do but rather reduces things like glare and optimises your vision for the conditions. If you're happy with the existing sunnies that you have, it's hardly worth jumping into an Optometrist's shop to get a pair of these (the lens alone cost over $400) but if you're in the market for a pair of sunnies, you owe it to yourself to take a look at these IMO.

www.drivewearlens.com for those interested.
Old 25th May 2008, 11:54     #263
leadinjector

i also would nail that rebecca chick
Old 25th May 2008, 12:21     #264
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
i got my glasses with no tinting at all, as i didn't want any discolouration. i like my view pure. for eye protection i have clipons that are polarized.

with them suddenly i can see through peoples windscreens and into their car. glare is gone yet reflective road signs and reflective road paint lines become almost neon. the sky takes on more depth and i can see just how thick clouds are, if that makes any sense.

if i want normal vision i just unclip them, which leads me to a problem: where to store them.
Old 25th May 2008, 13:24     #265
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Very disturbing and, in a way, sad.
Old 25th May 2008, 14:26     #266
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
if i want normal vision i just unclip them, which leads me to a problem: where to store them.
Personally, I just can't stand clip-ons. My prescription is such that I can do all things safely without my glasses. So, during daytime I wear my sunnies for comfort and when I am driving at night, I use my normal glasses. I also wear my normal glasses for things like going to the movies.

Last edited by cyc : 25th May 2008 at 14:27.
Old 25th May 2008, 14:42     #267
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Personally, I just can't stand clip-ons.
Completely agreed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
My prescription is such that I can do all things safely without my glasses.
Bastard. DIE! DIE! DIE!

Old 25th May 2008, 14:51     #268
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Completely agreed!Bastard. DIE! DIE! DIE!
Okay, the "can do all things safely" bit was bit of a lie. I left out the word "almost". I certainly shouldn't be driving without my glasses.
Old 25th May 2008, 15:02     #269
crocos

Aah, like that then. I can't even read (without developing a headache from ubersquinting) without glasses, though I can navigate around OK.

I retract the "DIE! DIE! DIE!" part

Old 25th May 2008, 15:22     #270
cyc
Objection!

Just curious, have you ever considered getting Lasik? I have thought about it but likely won't until the technology improves.

I've heard a couple of horror stories from people who got theirs and end up seeing massive halos at night time. I don't like wearing glasses but at least I know that with glasses on, I'll have perfect vision and I can function normally 95% of the time without them.
Old 25th May 2008, 15:33     #271
catsrnice

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know.I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it.
A man answered, saying 'Hello.'
I politely said, 'This is Chris. Could I please speak with Robyn Carter?'Suddenly a manic voice yelled out in my ear 'Get the right f***ing number!' and the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude .
When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I hadaccidentally transposed the last two digits. After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again.When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled 'You're an asshole!' and hung up.
I wrote his number down with the word 'asshole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, 'You're an asshole!' It always cheered me up.
When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therap- eutic 'asshole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, 'Hi, this is John Smith from the telephone company. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID Program?'He yelled 'NO!' and slammed down the phone. I quickly called him back and said, 'That's because you're an asshole!' and hung up.
One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking Spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been wait ing for that spot, but the idiot ignored me. I noticed a 'For Sale ' sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number. A couple of days later, right after calling the first asshole (I had is number on speed dial,) I thought that I'd better call the BMW asshole, too.

I said, 'Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?' He said, 'Yes, it is.'

I asked, 'Can you tell me where I can see it?' He said, 'Yes, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd , in Fairfax . It's a yellow ranch, and the car's parked right out in front.'

I asked, 'What's your name?' He said, 'My name is Don Hansen,'

I asked, 'When's a good time to catch you, Don?' He said, 'I'm home every evening after five.'

I said, 'Listen, Don, can I tell you something?'

He said, 'Yes?'

I said, 'Don, you're an asshole!'

Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed dial, too.

Now, when I had a problem, I had two assholes to call.

Then I came up with an idea. I called asshole #1. He said, 'Hello.' I said, 'You're an asshole!' (But I didn't hang up.) He asked, 'Are you still there?'

I said, 'Yeah,'

He screamed, 'Stop calling me,'

I said, 'Make me,'

He asked, 'Who are you?'

I said, 'My name is Don Hansen.'

He said, 'Yeah? Where do you live?'

I said, 'Asshole, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd , in Fairfax , a yellow ranch, I have a black Beamer parked in front.'

He said, 'I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers.'

I said, 'Yeah, like I'm really scared, asshole,' and hung up.

Then I called Asshole #2. He said, 'Hello?' I said, 'Hello, asshole,'

He yelled, 'If I ever find out who you are...'

I said, 'You'll what?'

He exclaimed, 'I'll kick your ass,'

I answered, 'Well, asshole, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now.'

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 34 Oaktree Blvd , in Fairfax , and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover.

Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down in Oaktree Blvd. in Fairfax .

I quickly got into my car and headed over to Fairfax . I got there just in time to watch two assholes beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead news helicopter and surrounded by a news crew.

NOW I feel much better. Anger management really does work.
Old 25th May 2008, 16:26     #272
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You missed out the bit where you told the guy about the whale being blown up on a beach. And then described the video of spiders on drugs.
Old 25th May 2008, 16:40     #273
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
I'd tap that Rebecca chick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
i also would nail that rebecca chick
Uhh... fellas... she's looking a bit young isn't she?
Old 25th May 2008, 16:46     #274
crocos

CCS: http://tinyurl.com/6c4ztj

Last edited by crocos : 25th May 2008 at 16:48.
Old 25th May 2008, 17:02     #275
CCS
Stunt Pants

crocos: http://tinyurl.com/3jv3t3

pedo
Old 25th May 2008, 22:53     #276
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Uhh... fellas... she's looking a bit young isn't she?
old enough to bleed, old enough to breed
Old 25th May 2008, 23:04     #277
CCS
Stunt Pants

pedo
Old 25th May 2008, 23:05     #278
Jonas Undrawing

not old enough to know how to work that shit, however.
Old 25th May 2008, 23:40     #279
MoP

Where's Catharsis?

Edit: beaten on the country thing
Old 26th May 2008, 00:34     #280
crocos

You ruined my fun CCS! You... You big nasty intertron bully!

</sulk>