I own a
2xred cars
1xprimered coloured
1xsilver.

I LOVE THE ENVIROMENT!
Old 27th March 2009, 19:03     #204
chubby

Quote:
At the same time, it is important not to overstate the case for action. As Bjorn Lomborg has pointed out, 95 percent of the emissions cuts envisaged by Kyoto have not happened, and even if it were fully implemented throughout this century it would on present evidence reduce temperatures by an insignificant 0.2ºC at great economic cost. It does not make sense to ask current generations to make large sacrifices in the interests of future, likely much richer, generations; nor is it in the interests of future generations for current generations to make material sacrifices of potential economic growth and bequeath them a lower capital stock for little or no discernible reduction in the global warming risk. Lomborg argues that Kyoto is a “bad deal” compared with many other economic and environmental priorities to which resources could be allocated.
http://hot-topic.co.nz/telling-porkies-to-parliament/
Old 27th March 2009, 19:39     #205
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Just like the Liz Shaw thread; only chubby would undoubtedly be even more replusive naked (or at least, I can imagine this would be so - I certainly don't need to see the proof).
Old 27th March 2009, 19:40     #206
chubby

i saw you looking at my arse.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:43     #207
chubby

though it is funny that national fans dont seem to be saying WHY their boys are doing such a great job.
its just attack and divert.

echo.... echo.... echo....
Old 27th March 2009, 19:50     #208
Reformed_Quint

Fuck i want to shit in your mouth chubby. Atleast when you coughed it up, it'd be better than the shit you're currently spewing.
Old 27th March 2009, 19:52     #209
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Fuck i want to shit in your mouth chubby. Atleast when you coughed it up, it'd be better than the shit you're currently spewing.
Old 27th March 2009, 20:58     #210
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Well, it's a little too early to start campaining for votes for the next election.

The country is in safe hands for some years to come, and the marginal voters that need to be influenced to vote sensibly (so, vote centre-right) can be influenced to do this a few weeks out from an election.

Why waste too much time dealing with the evil left for the rest of the time? They are an irrelevance where the primary irritation is that their politicians consume tax payer dollars that would be better spent on health, education, or really anything else.

And, thank the gods, tools like http://www.vml.com/seer/what_is_seer.html are developing so fast that come the next election it might even be possible to shut-up lunatics from the evil left without having to actually do much.

Last edited by Golden Teapot : 27th March 2009 at 21:00.
Old 27th March 2009, 21:03     #211
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
Ah, the Business Round Table lying again - wot a surprise.
Old 27th March 2009, 21:04     #212
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
evil left
whut
Old 27th March 2009, 23:32     #213
chubby

Laugh

Quote:
Well, it's a little too early to start campaining for votes for the next election.

The country is in safe hands for some years to come, and the marginal voters that need to be influenced to vote sensibly (so, vote centre-right) can be influenced to do this a few weeks out from an election.

Why waste too much time dealing with the evil left for the rest of the time? They are an irrelevance where the primary irritation is that their politicians consume tax payer dollars that would be better spent on health, education, or really anything else.

And, thank the gods, tools like http://www.vml.com/seer/what_is_seer.html are developing so fast that come the next election it might even be possible to shut-up lunatics from the evil left without having to actually do much.

Last edited by chubby : 27th March 2009 at 23:33.
Old 27th March 2009, 23:35     #214
chubby

Quote:
that would be better spent on health, education
you believe in public funding for these?
Old 28th March 2009, 10:27     #215
chubby

YUO=LAME

odds on any answer?
odds on obfuscation?
Old 28th March 2009, 11:54     #216
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

There's always plenty of slots on my ignore list. Granted there's now one fewer than yesterday, but still there are plenty of slots left.

So, the conversation will be a tad one sided from how on. You may choose (or otherwsie) to read and digest my posts. In return you will contribute nothing to me. So essentially we're sticking with the status-quo, save I no longer need to actually look at your drivel.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:02     #217
The Edge

Quote:
Just like the Liz Shaw thread; only chubby would undoubtedly be even more replusive naked (or at least, I can imagine this would be so - I certainly don't need to see the proof).
Hang on, just remember you were the one who asked Liz for an "update" to her earlier nekkid photo shoot. You obviously didn't find her that repulsive.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:05     #218
JP

So basically GT will just be spouting shit to himself as if he knows all the answers while making it clear he doesn't? Yeah sounds like the status quo alright.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:07     #219
chubby

Thumbs down

i appreciate that it is hard to appear rational when all you actually have is disdain and put-downs, oh lover of personal freedom.

Adieu.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:07     #220
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
whut
Look at the misery facing so many people today. In large part this misery stems from the actions of a select few who:
1. Misled the 30% of voters who are vulnerable to promises of untold wealth, and where the inevitable impact of such lies aren't understand, and who;
2. Persued an agenda that would lead to constant re-election so long as the period of uncharacteristic boom times continued, whilst knowing these boom times would end and at this point huge numbers of families in NZ would have to endure true misery for years into the future.

People who do this to others are evil.

To be fair, it's not all of the left that are evil:
1. The Greens don't really contribute on the basis they're just a tad too stupid to actually ever influence anything material, and;
2. Anderton - well he's a good sort. Just, there' not many people left that need his type of representation.

The broom has been through, but far too much of the dirt remains.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:11     #221
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Hang on, just remember you were the one who asked Liz for an "update" to her earlier nekkid photo shoot. You obviously didn't find her that repulsive.
I also suggested that student loans be continued on the basis that she needed the money for cosmetic surgery. If the work is done, I am sure a passable outcome could be acheived - you know, dark room, can't see the face, type of situation.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:22     #222
chubby

so much is so clearly self-evident for this fool.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:38     #223
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

wait, did GT just attempt a joke in the guise of heavy rhetorical nonsense?

anyway, as for your attempt to label left leaning people with a religious concept such as "evil", may i point you towards the right leaning republican party of the united states, who by the overwhelming majority of the worlds population, would be considered what you term as "evil". therefore, being left leaning has nothing to do with evil tendancies.

of course, you mean in this country, however. that said, this country is so fucked up already, and i dont mean politically (although it is), that its moot point, really.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:50     #224
chubby

always seems a pretty rational guy to me.
http://www.eastonbh.ac.nz/?p=923

Quote:
It is easy to ignore the particular aspects of this downswing, and to advocate the same policies that one was advocating in the expansionary phase. Or to assume the policies which would have been relevant in some previous recessions will be effective this time. Instead, we need to think about developing a policy framework which is responsive to the new evolving circumstances, rather than repeating the nostrums from the past.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:01     #225
chubby

http://www.eastonbh.ac.nz/?p=910

Quote:
Although the rhetoric of economic debate is about accelerating economic growth, the reality of politics is mainly about redistributing income.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:10     #226
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
If we keep doing what has failed before why do we keep expecting a different result?
Old 28th March 2009, 13:17     #227
chubby

because the numbers have been manipulated by the pervasive assumption than any gains are beneficial to all.
its the 'pollyanna' approach to tory indoctrination.

Quote:
Its data shows the disposable (after-tax earnings and benefit) income of the top quintile (fifth) of New Zealanders rose in most years between 1984 and 2007. (Personal incomes here are measured on a household basis, adjusted for household composition.) However, the incomes of the bottom four quintiles (80%) fell and were lower in the 1996 year than they had been 12 years earlier. Indeed, those in the poorest two quintiles did not recover their 1984 level until after 2004; the second and third quintiles got back to their 1984 level by 2001.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:41     #228
Draco T Bastard

I was pointing out, very obliquely, that capitalism is a failed system yet we still keep trying to make it work. Even Easton isn't looking at capitalism itself as being the problem.

This research that I posted in Random Thoughts tells us, partly, why. Profit is the dead weight loss that brings down the economy every time.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:56     #229
crocos

IMO Capitalism is a very good solution for a starting economy, it's only when it gets to the point of semi-stable societies like ours that its weakness truly come to the fore.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 28th March 2009, 14:33     #230
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
may i point you towards the right leaning republican party of the united states
Well, you can if you like. But, you'll also need to realise that my commentary is tailored to the recent situation in NZ. I'm not claiming the left here was the most evil group in the world over the recent past.

You might argue that you have identified a group worse than the evil left was here. Sure, this is possible. You can keep consistent with my nomenculture by claiming they were "more evil".
Old 28th March 2009, 17:06     #231
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
though it is funny that national fans dont seem to be saying WHY their boys are doing such a great job.
http://feeds.beehive.govt.nz/sites/a...Completion.pdf
Old 28th March 2009, 17:40     #232
chubby

i guess from your perspective as a national supporter those tics look pretty good- though plenty of them are on pretty cagey points.

then theres the validity of their actions-
though, again-for you as a nat.. thats not really up for discussion.
Old 28th March 2009, 18:25     #233
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
I was pointing out, very obliquely, that capitalism is a failed system yet we still keep trying to make it work. Even Easton isn't looking at capitalism itself as being the problem.

This research that I posted in Random Thoughts tells us, partly, why. Profit is the dead weight loss that brings down the economy every time.

i dont disagree, but i cant (in all honesty see,as much as i would dearly love) see the sorts of strucural changes you are suggesting happening.
Old 28th March 2009, 20:55     #234
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
i guess from your perspective as a national supporter those tics look pretty good- though plenty of them are on pretty cagey points.

then theres the validity of their actions-
though, again-for you as a nat.. thats not really up for discussion.
It's the platform on which the government was elected, and the government has made good on its promise to implement that platform as soon as possible. The National Party said "if elected we will do these things", got elected, and has done -- or commenced doing -- those things. For this it is to be commended. I had almost forgotten what it is like to have politicians deliver on their promises.

"Validity of their actions"? I don't understand. Is that an oblique way of saying that you don't think that their actions are necessary? Well, a majority of the country does not agree with you.
Old 28th March 2009, 21:11     #235
Hemebond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I had almost forgotten what it is like to have politicians deliver on their promises.
You can get any crap passed when you abuse your powers and ignore the democratic process. gg dictatorship.
Old 28th March 2009, 22:11     #236
madmaxii

Example please Hemebond? Or are you just another rabid leftie?

Last edited by madmaxii : 28th March 2009 at 22:15.
Old 28th March 2009, 22:26     #237
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemebond
You can get any crap passed when you abuse your powers and ignore the democratic process. gg dictatorship.
What you just said is all kinds of stupid.
Old 28th March 2009, 23:19     #238
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemebond
Oh, some of the most productive and effective governments have been dictatorships. It's just that they're rare - not everyone is a Caesar.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, though, given that the present government is a coalition of diverse political parties elected by a free citizenry on the basis of promises to do exactly what they've done.
Old 28th March 2009, 23:23     #239
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
I think he's just rabid.
Old 28th March 2009, 23:43     #240
Hemebond

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
The use of urgency to pass half-a-dozen bills that weren't even drafted at the time; bills that had implications for human rights and stripped workers protections in New Zealand. Kind of amusing when you consider John Key's opinion on the abuse of urgency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Oh, some of the most productive and effective governments have been dictatorships. It's just that they're rare - not everyone is a Caesar.
Agreed. I'll be the first to acknowledge that sometimes people are too stupid to know what's good for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, though, given that the present government is a coalition of diverse political parties elected by a free citizenry on the basis of promises to do exactly what they've done.
I'm afraid I can't agree with calling a bunch of right-wing, climate-change-deniers politically diverse.