NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 14th June 2010, 12:09     #121
Lightspeed

I'm not a racist, but man I'm not cut out to stay up playing computer games till 4am any more.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:16     #122
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylmik
" looks like a sugar and a plum" ?
I am aware of who the target audience for The Wiggles is, but nothing about that song makes sense to me at all.
"looks like a sugar and a plum" - WTF? In the Bony M version they sing " looks like a sugar in a plum".

Much better version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U9feOlPqhU&feature=fvst
Apparently the song is about a game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_G...ing_%28game%29

If you want a really racist song then try 'Melting Pot' - apparently what we need for worldwide harmony is for everyone to be the same colour, like people being different colour is what is wrong with the world. LOL, an anti-diversity message. I always hated that song because it just struck me as racist when I listened to it, and of course it was sung by 'When the Cat's Away".
Old 14th June 2010, 12:21     #123
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
This whole situation is fucking crazy.
The policy claim was so ridiculous and contrary to evidence, of course it's going to be quickly brushed off as a load of bs. Rocket science etc.

As for the genuine outrage against his racial slur, NZ=Win.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:53     #124
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
Technically, all New Zealanders are Polynesian.
Yes - Mr Hayden appears oblivious to the fact that the majority of Cantabs have been born and bred on an island (We call it "South") in the Pacific...
Old 14th June 2010, 13:18     #125
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
Technically, all New Zealanders are Polynesian.
Hmm? Neither by culture or ethnicity would I consider myself Polynesian. Lower Hutt born & bred, residing in Wellington.

By location of birth? Maybe, but nothing in my heritage is Poly.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th June 2010, 14:48     #126
Lightspeed

I think most Kiwi's would consider the All Blacks part of their heritage and Polynesia makes not insignificant contributions to our nation's rugby teams. Let alone how Polynesians make up a considerable portion of NZ's low income workers, something I think contributes to our nation's heritage.

Where you are born and your ancestral background are certainly major contributors to your heritage, but I believe the wider community you belong to (even if you don't directly interact with it) is also a major factor to keep in mind when considering your heritage.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 14th June 2010 at 14:51.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:24     #127
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lolspeed has entered the thread...
Old 14th June 2010, 16:15     #128
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I think most Kiwi's would consider the All Blacks part of their heritage
Every single girlfriend I've ever had has hated the All Blacks with a passion. Most of my mates don't watch rugby. Only two of my workmates watch rugby AFAIK too. I haven't been to an AB game in a long time.

Where is this heritage you speak of?
Old 14th June 2010, 16:46     #129
leadinjector

i didnt even know the ABs were playing on the weekend. i dont consider myself Poly, despite growing up as a kid in a predominately poly community.

Quote:
Where you are born and your ancestral background are certainly major contributors to your heritage, but I believe the wider community you belong to (even if you don't directly interact with it) is also a major factor to keep in mind when considering your heritage.
you are such a fucking halfwit lolspeed. negro please, i have my OWN fucking heritage thanks, i dont need someone elses. my culture and poly culture are almost completely non overlapping and id say the same for the majority of middle class white kids. i dont consider polynesian anything as part of my heritage thanks.

and this isn't a race thing, it just isnt there. i dont even know how to say fucking hello in tongan.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:59     #130
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
and this isn't a race thing, it just isnt there. i dont even know how to say fucking hello in tongan.
Neither do I. But I do know they eat dogs (according to Samoans).
Old 14th June 2010, 17:07     #131
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'm not racial-arsed, I just hate black people.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:09     #132
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I'm not racial-arsed, I just hate black people.
Do you say that with a Glenfield accent?
Old 14th June 2010, 17:15     #133
CCS
Stunt Pants

lawl, there's plenty of coloureds in Glenfield so I guess that accent would be a bit hory?
Old 14th June 2010, 17:24     #134
xor

Definitely no horyness in it. If one with a Glenfield accent did say 'hory' it would almost sound like 'horey'. There's more of a drawl. It's very subtle.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:34     #135
CCS
Stunt Pants

orite
Old 14th June 2010, 17:36     #136
Lightspeed

Quote:
you are such a fucking halfwit lolspeed. negro please, i have my OWN fucking heritage thanks, i dont need someone elses. my culture and poly culture are almost completely non overlapping and id say the same for the majority of middle class white kids. i dont consider polynesian anything as part of my heritage thanks.
So the clothes you wear, the food you eat, the television you like (the fact you even know what a television is), these are all things you came up with by yourself, completely independent of the world and society around you?

Realistically, it has been scientifically demonstrated that if you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a Polynesian (for example), you are influenced by that culture.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:38     #137
fixed_truth

New Zealand as a nation definitely has a cultural/heritage identity of which the Maori part of this can't be separated. That is not to say that all people identify with their countries bi-cultural identity. It's a shame that people can be born and raised in NZ and still not feel part of their countries identity. I think it's great that today's school curriculum is heavy in the Polynesian part of our culture and perhaps the next generation of Kiwi's won't miss out on this.

Old 14th June 2010, 17:45     #138
gentle

200 years from now it won't make crap bit of difference what culture you're from, so why should anyone give a shit now?
Old 14th June 2010, 17:54     #139
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle
200 years from now it won't make crap bit of difference what culture you're from, so why should anyone give a shit now?
hahahahahaha
Old 14th June 2010, 17:55     #140
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Realistically, it has been scientifically demonstrated that if you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a Polynesian (for example), you are influenced by that culture.
link please or DING! DING!... thats the bullshit bell peeling just for you
Old 14th June 2010, 17:59     #141
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
I am not a racist, but if what you say is true, the Shaolin and the Wu Tang could be dangerous.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:02     #142
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
hahahahahaha
I don't get what the big lol is. It's going to happen, can't stop people fucking other people from different cultures, geographical boundaries don't exist anywhere. A mono-culture is inevitable.

Last edited by gentle : 14th June 2010 at 18:03.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:04     #143
leadinjector

Quote:
So the clothes you wear, the food you eat, the television you like (the fact you even know what a television is), these are all things you came up with by yourself, completely independent of the world and society around you?

seriously bro, how do you go from "i dont partake in poly culture, at all" to "I INVENTED EVERYTHING"

im amazed you can even breath. and by the way, everything you mentioned is european. im european. so really it just kinda prov....

*me looks down at the lava lava*

FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 14th June 2010, 18:39     #144
cyc
Objection!

Laugh

Quote:
I don't get what the big lol is. It's going to happen, can't stop people fucking other people from different cultures, geographical boundaries don't exist anywhere. A mono-culture is inevitable.
Yeah you can just predict the future and sum up humanity in a few sentences. Get real, buddy. In a highly gloabalised world where a significant number of people in all but the poorest and most marginalised can reach someone else in the another corner of the earth with a few clicks or button presses, we are still seeing cultural differences and notions of distinct identity. We are also seeing distinct "pushbacks" against globalisation. Been to African lately, BTW? Do you know how many ethnic groups and dialects can exist in an average African city, for example?

This isn't a debate on the goodness or badness of globalisation. It's about your naivete and absolute certainty about how human nature will turn out in the distant future.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:45     #145
gentle

So you're saying I can't but you can? Get real, buddy. In a highly gloabalised world where a significant number of people in all but the poorest and most marginalised can reach someone else in the another corner of the earth with a few clicks or button presses, we are seeing cultural merging and notions of co-identity. We are also seeing distinct "pull" towards globalisation. Been to African lately, BTW? Do you know how many people can exist in an average African city, for example?

This isn't a debate on the goodness or badness of globalisation. It's about your naivete and absolute certainty about how human nature will turn out in the distant future.

See what I did there.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:53     #146
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
link please or DING! DING!... thats the bullshit bell peeling just for you
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/ni..._networks.html
Old 14th June 2010, 18:54     #147
Lightspeed

Quote:
seriously bro, how do you go from "i dont partake in poly culture, at all" to "I INVENTED EVERYTHING"
You said "I have my OWN heritage" (emphasis yours). Which makes as much sense as saying "I am my own father."

Last edited by Lightspeed : 14th June 2010 at 18:56.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:12     #148
leadinjector

her·it·age [her-i-tij] Show IPA
–noun
something that comes or belongs to one by reason of birth; an inherited lot or portion: a heritage of poverty and suffering; a national heritage of honor, pride, and courage

her·i·tage (hěr'ĭ-tĭj)
n.

Property that is or can be inherited; an inheritance.

Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.

The status acquired by a person through birth; a birthright: a heritage of affluence and social position.

so yeah like i was saying.

and you know what this is? this is the same shit you do everytime you start in on something you actually know fuck all about. you start trying to find hidden meanings etc to confuse the point. so lets go back to what you originally said-

Quote:
now according to that definition above, do you honestly think that what you said even makes sense? do you think that in fact, most middle class honkies have poly culture in their blood simply by virtue of their being a minority of them in the country they are born in?

you're fucking up your shitty anthro 101 and getting culture and heritage mixed up. because you're an idiot. and even according to that vid, i guess since your sister fucked warrick and does P, that makes you more of a slut P user than me, and why the fuck would i listen to the literary rantings of a fuck up like that. i dont personally know any P users (that im aware of) and my sister isnt a slut like yours, so....
Old 14th June 2010, 19:33     #149
cyc
Objection!

Laugh

Quote:
See what I did there.
Here's one difference between you and I: I am not the one making haughty, grandiose claims. What I am claiming is entirely verifiable, i.e. that there are "pushbacks" against globalisation, let alone any attempt at imposing a monoculture. My second claim is that in a highly globalised world we are seeing no evidence of the complete obliteration of distinct cultural identities, which is what you are claiming will happen in the future.

In you want to make big claims, either back it up and accept being laughed at for being a cretin.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:34     #150
verve_rat

Quote:
You said "I have my OWN heritage" (emphasis yours). Which makes as much sense as saying "I am my own father."
Maybe if your heritage includes a crack smoking mum.

Saying "I have my OWN heritage" makes as much sense as saying "I have my own father." I.E.: My father is not your father. My heritage != your heritage.

Just because we live in the same country, we don't all have to share a common heritage. (Whatever the fuck that might be.)

We are not the Borg, you will not be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will not adapt to service ours. Resistance is... unnecessary.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:39     #151
verve_rat

Edit: leadinjectored.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:47     #152
CCS
Stunt Pants

I heard that footballer guy called another footballer guy a black cunt!
Old 14th June 2010, 20:22     #153
xor

Quote:
You read the forever war too huh?
Old 14th June 2010, 20:23     #154

England has 48 religions and only 2 sauces.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:24     #155
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
In you want to make big claims, either back it up and accept being laughed at for being a cretin.
There's the potential for an interesting discussion here, but as usual you feel the need to act like a complete cunt.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:25     #156
cyc
Objection!

Laugh

Struggling to get over your long list of Cs in sociology?
Old 14th June 2010, 20:27     #157
MrTTTT

Quote:
where a significant number of people in all but the poorest and most marginalised can reach someone else in the another corner of the earth with a few clicks or button presses.
Most people don't own computers, let alone have the internet!
Old 14th June 2010, 20:29     #158
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
What I am claiming is entirely verifiable, i.e. that there are "pushbacks" against globalisation, let alone any attempt at imposing a monoculture. My second claim is that in a highly globalised world we are seeing no evidence of the complete obliteration of distinct cultural identities, which is what you are claiming will happen in the future.
Also, you're wrong too. We are seeing evidence of BOTH occurring, depending on who you ask, the data you use as indicators, etc etc. Stick to law ya diddle.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:30     #159
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Here's one difference between you and I: I am not the one making haughty, grandiose claims. What I am claiming is entirely verifiable, i.e. that there are "pushbacks" against globalisation, let alone any attempt at imposing a monoculture. My second claim is that in a highly globalised world we are seeing no evidence of the complete obliteration of distinct cultural identities, which is what you are claiming will happen in the future.

We've seen the results of only the very beginnings of globalisation. To assume pockets of resistance will endure is just naive, namely because people in general get along with one another (ie. fuck).

As a result of globalisation we now see a staggering amount of people in NZ referring to themselves as 'New Zealander', this will only continue to grow as these people procreate and form a larger and larger NZ mono-culture. All this shit is happening right before your eyes, too bad you're too blinded by 'cultural sensitivity' to realise it.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:41     #160
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by verve_rat
Saying "I have my OWN heritage" makes as much sense as saying "I have my own father." I.E.: My father is not your father. My heritage != your heritage.
You're be right, if heritage was something one can individually possess. But it is not.

I can understand your point though, at least I think. That people want a heritage they define themselves. While I think this is impossible (unless you live isolated on an island), I accept that one can have some degree of control over their heritage. However, as soon as you put blinders on as to what influences there are over your heritage, particularly influences you would rather didn't exist, you have immediately lost control.