NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 10th June 2007, 17:21     #1
_Incubus_

Wallabies so far...

After watching the Wallabies in action last night I think they are in for quite a rude shock when they play the springboks next week, playing a bunch of easy beats is all fine and great but it was more like a glorified training run and a back slapping session...My money is on the boks being THE threat to the AB's this year..
Old 10th June 2007, 19:22     #2
blynk

I think that appeared to be the case from about week 4 of the Super 14.

I saw some of the game. And there were a couple of good looking moments, but overall, they looked crap.

And fiji kept kicking them the ball, even though Oz already had 85% of possession.
Old 11th June 2007, 15:29     #3
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Aussie media are foaming at the mouth at the moment because the Fijians have said that NZ A (aka "Junior All Blacks", aka All Blacks 3rd squad) are a tougher team than the Wallabies, having played them both.
Old 12th June 2007, 04:23     #4
slippers

Bahaha thats classic and yet probably completely true.

I really like to see the Maoris play tests against more Teir 1 sides.
Old 12th June 2007, 21:58     #5
surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Aussie media are foaming at the mouth at the moment because the Fijians have said that NZ A (aka "Junior All Blacks", aka All Blacks 3rd squad) are a tougher team than the Wallabies, having played them both.
I'm bewildered that NZ news sites haven't informed me of this story yet... seems like one to keep the punters happy
Unleessss the media decides not to overhype the AB's this year..
Old 13th June 2007, 10:24     #6
QWERTY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippers
Bahaha thats classic and yet probably completely true.

I really like to see the Maoris play tests against more Teir 1 sides.
yeh last time NZM played aussie (well last time i saw them play) was one of the best games ive ever seen, they almost had them, awesome attack, but the oz defense just held out
Old 17th June 2007, 14:52     #7
caffiend

Sounds like they lost the game against SA rather than SA winning it. Wallabies led for most of the match, and 2 late drop goals (surprise, surprise) did it for the 'Boks. Only 1 try was scored I think; pretty boring match from what's being written.

Very happy to see that SA didn't dominate as much as everyone expected. Here's hoping we can get a good run of wins after all.
Old 17th June 2007, 14:59     #8
pig

Didn't know the result prior to watching the replay this morning.
SA went off the boil when Smit went off injured, wasn't a lot of play from the backlines as both defences were pretty flat. I thought they did well to come back into it, was a good result for us as it would have given aussie a boost if they had won away first up.
Old 17th June 2007, 15:11     #9
caffiend

Yep, probably the best possible result for us. Aussie still lost away and will be disappointed to have led and then lost; but SA will be less than happy with how they went at home; so neither team will be taking much away from it.
Old 17th June 2007, 19:52     #10
blynk

Drop goals need to be dropped to 2 points. There is no way that these should be able to win a game compared to a penalty.
I also think penalty kicks should only be allowed if it is within the 40m mark.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:32     #11
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The first of the two late drop-goals was fuckin' impressive.
Old 18th June 2007, 16:52     #12
pig

Bloody reckon, i laughed when that went over as it was such a kick in the guts for the Aussies. It even got a mention on the Sunday Footy Show
( league ) as they were so impressed with it.
Old 18th June 2007, 17:01     #13
drac0s

aren't they trialing something new in regards to penalities? i.e. changing a lot of current penalty offenses to freekicks or something. Games won on dropgoals and penalty just aren't that exciting to watch in the most part, yes there are exceptions but a game where ref decides it doesn't really do it for me. Other major gripe is still advantage law should be either advantage or not after 10secs then play on.