NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28th January 2011, 21:55     #3881
wazza
*flex*

it's taken me about 1hour to watch 15mins(i have a bad case of "oh, let's watch this p01s0n vid, check facebook, etc")

dynamite episode so far.

might finish the last 25mins before 10pm, fingers crossed!!!!
Old 28th January 2011, 22:20     #3882
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

JS was a better ep tonight than the last one which had a lack of Ron/Sammie dramz. What a fucken sookie bubba though!!

Lolz at Deena's "dirty little secret". Loved the look on Mike's face at the gym when Deena was talking to Jenni about it

Also, happy The Vampire Diaries is back. Bad boy is back!!
Old 28th January 2011, 22:28     #3883
wazza
*flex*

mean stint at the end, finished. on to TVD.

Deena's secret~ pssh.. i've had 4 chicks get up on that.
Old 28th January 2011, 22:38     #3884
wazza
*flex*

decided to go with The Office instead

ho-ly shit @ Ricky Gervais reprising his David Brent role in the opening of this episode, to be expected though, seeing as this is Steve Carrell's last season but nice suprise all the same. Such a shame it's all going to be over..

hoe well.
Old 30th January 2011, 11:55     #3885
blur^

spartacus gods of the arena is actually really good.
ep2 out in all its titillating glory
Old 1st February 2011, 18:29     #3886
blur^

yesterday was a top day for eps!
new topgear and californication were epic
Old 8th February 2011, 17:07     #3887
ZoSo

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/mad-men...ncertain/30421

Shit. Better renew!

ps. The Almighty Johnsons last night was very average, bordering on boring as. Needs to up it's game quick.

Last edited by ZoSo : 8th February 2011 at 17:08.
Old 10th February 2011, 08:46     #3888
wazza
*flex*

anyone actually enjoying V? i'm just not feeling it.
Old 10th February 2011, 09:26     #3889
blynk

I lost a bit of interest at the end of season 1. I have the first couple of episodes of S2 waiting, but don't know if I can be bothered
Old 10th February 2011, 09:34     #3890
Spink

That Karl Pilkington (and Ricky Gervais) thing, An Idiot Abroad starts tonight at 9:30 on 3 I think. Set it to record on mysky, lookin forward to it.

edit: o shit there's a preview episode on demand
Old 10th February 2011, 09:47     #3891
Azmodan

Found it boring as shit tbh. Watching Sons of Anarchy atm, how have I missed this - daayum.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:01     #3892
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
I lost a bit of interest at the end of season 1. I have the first couple of episodes of S2 waiting, but don't know if I can be bothered
same. Think I watched about 15 mins of s2e1 and got distracted. wonder how it lost its magic?! I remember being really into this when it first came out.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:04     #3893
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
this season is poos, all about spartacus at the moment
Old 10th February 2011, 10:11     #3894
wazza
*flex*

oh yeah, nothing better than watching a roman put his hand up a virgins cunt and choosing the tighter of the two for the gorilla-gladiator to break in, then he comes on in and fucks her in the ass that same time. she must've fucken loved that. rofl.

spartcacus rapes.
Old 10th February 2011, 13:17     #3895
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
I never got past episode one.
Old 10th February 2011, 13:27     #3896
wazza
*flex*

i can't imagine you're the type to watch much american trash ;p
Old 10th February 2011, 13:38     #3897
chiQ
Frag-muff

I love silly pulpy TV shows, especially of the sf/fantasy ilk. I was so bummed when they canned Painkiller Jane, for example. I just find that some don't take my fancy, despite my expectation that they will. I loved the original V, so I thought the remake would be a no-brainer, but it just left me cold. Same with the Day of the Triffids remake. I loved the cheesy old BBC series, but the redux just didn't appeal. BSG was a totally different story - I LOVED the new version.

Others capture my fancy, then lose it, like Heroes. I didn't get past episode two of season two, despite loving the first one.

To be honest, my favourite TV shows are the British crime shows. Silent Witness, Midsomer Murders, the Agatha Christie adaptions, etc. can amuse me for hours and hours, even when I've seen them before. UKTV is my friend.
Old 10th February 2011, 13:48     #3898
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
UKTV is my friend.
Ditto about Triffids and yes! UKTV is goooood.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:17     #3899
Caesar

Quote:
I loved the original V, so I thought the remake would be a no-brainer.
Same, I got the series and movie on DVD, and was excited to see this series, although I am and will continue to watch it till it finishes, its not really compelling.
Still, its good to see they brought the original Diana back in this season.
Stink thing is they are going to finish S2 on a cliff hanger, and by the sounds of it there won't be a S3

Last edited by Caesar : 10th February 2011 at 16:18.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:59     #3900
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Ditto about Triffids and yes! UKTV is goooood.
Did you check out Luther? It started last week. Awesome first episode and awesome lead

Caesar: Did you buy the original series?
Old 10th February 2011, 17:44     #3901
wazza
*flex*

Luther is excellent, warez'd it up hard when i was back in auckland ;>
Old 10th February 2011, 20:44     #3902
Caesar

Quote:
Did you check out Luther? It started last week. Awesome first episode and awesome lead

Caesar: Did you buy the original series?
Yeah grabbed them all from Amazon.com a while ago.
V The Original Miniseries
V The Complete Series
V The Final Battle
Old 11th February 2011, 01:39     #3903
doppelgänger of someone

Finally watched the first episode of Sherlock, the BBC 2010 'reimagined' version of Sherlock Holmes. It is better than expected, added a lot of 21th century flair and humour (e.g. Holmes and Watson mistaken as a gay couple over and over again) in addition to the usual Sherlock Holmes detective/mystery formula.
Old 11th February 2011, 10:50     #3904
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
spartcacus rapes.
Jupiter's Cock! Haha, yeah I guess it's all right. The script is terrible and they speak in this strange pseudo-medieval style, but the extensive nudity and violence makes up for it. Think I saw one of the hot slave girls in a bar the other day.
Old 11th February 2011, 10:55     #3905
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
Finally watched the first episode of Sherlock, the BBC 2010 'reimagined' version of Sherlock Holmes. It is better than expected, added a lot of 21th century flair and humour (e.g. Holmes and Watson mistaken as a gay couple over and over again) in addition to the usual Sherlock Holmes detective/mystery formula.
Second ones not as good as the first - third one is (IMO) better than the first. But yeah, overall a pretty good reimagining of a classic. The BBC's pretty good with it's reboots I find.

Pixie
Old 11th February 2011, 12:18     #3906
doppelgänger of someone

Yeah the second episode is a bit shit: by-the-book detective formula, with a hint of Victorian pulp mystery (gangsters from the Orient, oooooh) and the Watson-girlfriend-Holmes dynamic cut-and-pasted from the RDJ and Jude Law version of Sherlock Holmes.

Though this version of Watson's girlfriend, Sarah, has a lot more character than the movie version: for one she isn't the Victorian girlfriend/vase type, as a doctor she is portrayed as competent as Watson, if not more so. And SHE is the one interviewing Watson for his job, not the other way round.
Old 11th February 2011, 13:27     #3907
Kryten

I've got the final ever episode of Friday Night Lights queued up and I almost can't bring myself to watch it.
Old 11th February 2011, 13:34     #3908
wazza
*flex*

I've been at tears almost twice so far. I'm only 20mins in to the 1hr5min episode.
Old 11th February 2011, 13:36     #3909
Kryten

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
Old 11th February 2011, 17:27     #3910
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
Jupiter's Cock!
I bet that was a hard line to say without laughing for the first few times.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:37     #3911
StN
I have detailed files

^^ You'd know!!!
Old 11th February 2011, 20:41     #3912
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
^^ You'd know!!!
I would, coz I pissed myself laughing the first time I heard them sa..... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait..I see what you meant there.

Maannn, your a meanie you know that:P
Old 11th February 2011, 21:12     #3913
wazza
*flex*

fucken lolling, this just flew over the feed

David Letterman 2011 02 10 Snooki HDTV XviD-2HD New!

damn, Snooki made it on Letterman? I can't stand the dude but he is the top of the top talk show wise for Guests/peeps in the US.

Shit's tragic if you have that trash huck mole psycho hose beast on the show. She's legit gross, I bet her arsehole has little bits of grainy poo around it.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:42     #3914
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
^^ You'd know!!!
See what I did there?
Old 11th February 2011, 23:31     #3915
Kryten

And that's Friday Night Lights wrapped up forever. Absolutely amazing show (despite a minor bump in season 2). I'm going to miss Dillon and it's people almost as much as the characters of Eric and Tami, who were the show's very core. I'm so glad Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton both got Emmy nominations last year, it was well deserved.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

/me rubs eyes.
Old 11th February 2011, 23:35     #3916
wazza
*flex*

You watched after the credits right? for the lil' ingame chat with the peeps behind the characters, such an amazing show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
And that's Friday Night Lights wrapped up forever. Absolutely amazing show (despite a minor bump in season 2). I'm going to miss Dillon and it's people almost as much as the characters of Eric and Tami, who were the show's very core. I'm so glad Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton both got Emmy nominations last year, it was well deserved.

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Quote:

/me rubs eyes.
Old 12th February 2011, 00:00     #3917
Kryten

Quote:
You watched after the credits right? for the lil' ingame chat with the peeps behind the characters, such an amazing show
Yeah, Smash telling his Mama that he's going to college gets me every time I see it.
Old 12th February 2011, 00:11     #3918
wazza
*flex*

Kry~ Smash Williams getting into college(after that injury) and Tim Riggins battling life(and the bottle) in general and/or taking the heat for his brother so he could have a better life and be there for his son. mate, really hit me hard. There's a lot of moments really, like Matt Sarrison talking about his father never being there, his dad dying in Iraq, Landre's struggles with Tyra/girls, Leila Garrity and becoming a Christian, Jason Street(did you see his name on the wall in black marker at the end there???) and being the #1 QB and becoming paralysed... there's just so much, bro. This show is on another level emotionally. Neve rhave I had so much feelings for so many characters

edit: Buddy Garrity the die hard supporter, local business man, ex-dylan state champion. The move from the posh west side Dylan to lower-socio economic east side Dylan, Eric Taylor's struggles with his life/job/team, coaching boys through their adolescents, raising a beautiful strong daughter. Tammy Taylor probably was one of my favourite characters, the strength of that woman is unreal.. jesus. I could talk for hours about FNL.

Last edited by wazza : 12th February 2011 at 00:16.
Old 12th February 2011, 00:23     #3919
wazza
*flex*

sorry, last one Kry ;p

bro, i almost forgot about Landrey's involvement with that dude that tried to rape Tyra, I forget who killed him.. it was her wasn't it? Landrey's old man covered that shit up, etc. Fuck sake. That show packed heaps of punches.
Old 12th February 2011, 00:45     #3920
Kryten

Bah, there's too many little moments that all add up to make it into what it was, around the big ones. I'm feeling like kicking off a complete re-watch, but maybe in a week or two.

As a parting gift, I give you the following summary of Eric and Tami:

(I wish I could find the gif of Matt slamming the door in the face of that asshole JD and his asshole Dad when they show up at the wake - The Son is still my favourite single episode).