Old 28th February 2013, 15:28     #33921
wazza
*flex*

Cunning linguist

the opposite sex always wants more!!!
Old 28th February 2013, 15:36     #33922
CCS
Stunt Pants

So you tell her you'll explain after lunch?

Look, my lunch break is unpaid and I suspect yours isn't paid either. So if someone wants to annoy your balls at lunchtime just explain that you're off the clock and you'll get back to them during regular business hours.
Old 28th February 2013, 15:41     #33923
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
So you tell her you'll explain after lunch?

Look, my lunch break is unpaid and I suspect yours isn't paid either. So if someone wants to annoy your balls at lunchtime just explain that you're off the clock and you'll get back to them during regular business hours.
It's hard doing that without looking like the asshole.. even if that person is the fifth person to annoy you when you're off the clock.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:04     #33924
pxpx

If you keep standing next to the microwave, you wont be able to give her anymore, ifyouknowhatimsayin'
Old 28th February 2013, 16:06     #33925
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
It's hard doing that without looking like the asshole..
idk about you but i go to work to make money and post on nzgames, not make friends.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:07     #33926
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
It's hard doing that without looking like the asshole..
lol, so look like the asshole then! You just smile while tell them to fuck off and it's all good.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:15     #33927
p01s0n

so im at my desk yesterday right, busy postin on nzg and makin money, and this bish shows up unannounced she like

"my mac is broken"

im like "lol thats a good joke, macs don't break"

shes like "no really, it won't let me set the highest resolution"

im like "sure thing, lets take a look. i'll get you to log a call while it's booting."

shes like "mm it won't let me go to the highest resolution, all of the icons are large"

so i log in and it's all g except the icon size is maxed out in finder, so it looks like low res to a retard, even though it's max/proper res. I'm like "your icon sizing is changed, that's all it is".

shes like "oh right. well thankyou"

im like "np, can you log that call for me now? we rely on the ticket statistics to show the work we do"

this ho.

this fuckin ho, comes up to my desk unannounced with her laptop.

i help her, ask her to help me.

she goes.
"i don't care about that".

then THEN shes like "can you install skype for me?"

im like "no"

shes like "why?"

im like "cause you can do it yourself? go to skype, download it, install it. thats all you have to do."

fuckin gtfo of here.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:22     #33928
CCS
Stunt Pants

^^^

This nigger know how to stand up for himself. Fuck wit his statistics in his hood? Sheeeeeit.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:28     #33929
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Window seat FTL - you should ensure you get onboard early, and you typically get off last, holding up others as you claw bags and jackets from the overhead locker.

I always go for an aisle seat, although even then, after calculating how many people have boarded, and the chances that they are all window and middle seat types, I still end up waiting for some window seat muppet to arrive before I can sit down uninterrupted.

Arrrggghhhh!!

So I check in early and try and do a seat swap because, surprise surprise, I have a window seat. Sorry, your ticket does not allow this function. Bastard cheap flight I guess. Check anyway, yerp, 11C is free. But I can't have it. Oh well, at least its the westward window and I won't get blinded.

Sitting there, about to have a snooze, and who sits down in 11C???

Roger Sutton.

I used to tolerate him. Now he's on the list.
Old 28th February 2013, 17:30     #33930
CCS
Stunt Pants

You give that guy some verbal?
Old 28th February 2013, 20:04     #33931
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You give that guy some verbal?
I had to exit via the back entry. Cause I had a shitty seat.
Old 1st March 2013, 00:13     #33932
A Corpse
talkative lurker

People who indicate right when going straight through a roundabout, but even worse; people who are adamant that that is the correct way. Give it up. You are wrong.
Old 1st March 2013, 00:16     #33933
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
People who indicate right when going straight through a roundabout, but even worse; people who are adamant that that is the correct way. Give it up. You are wrong.
It surprises me that these people have driving licenses.
Old 1st March 2013, 01:10     #33934
MadMax
Stuff

Twitch

Nyak

PETA fur video cannot be unseen.

Last edited by MadMax : 1st March 2013 at 01:11.
Old 1st March 2013, 07:30     #33935
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Nyak

PETA fur video cannot be unseen.
Pheonix or Munn?
Old 1st March 2013, 09:51     #33936
BoyWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
If my memory serves me right then the rule used to be (20+ years ago ) indicate right when entering and then left if you were going straight. Most drivers didn't (and still don't) actually indicate at all anyway, and those that did this were likely to confuse a large portion of drivers. Common sense dictates that going from right to left and largely following a straight line is redundant.

I may be suffering from dementia of course and be wrong about this but it would be interesting to see if this was officially changed at some point between then and now. I imagine that those who do it wrong sat their test a long time ago and haven't been told any different.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:06     #33937
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
If my memory serves me right then the rule used to be (20+ years ago ) indicate right when entering and then left if you were going straight.
(disclaimer, I only got my restricted yesterday, so what do I know)

Pretty sure it was always "right if you're going in, left if you're leaving"

Now it's "right if you're going right but left once you're leaving, left if you're going left, nothing if you're going straight but then left once you're leaving"

In Aussie I'm pretty sure it's just "right if you're going right. left if you're going left. nothing if you're going straight"

Last edited by Cyberbob : 1st March 2013 at 10:07.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:37     #33938
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Now it's "right if you're going right but left once you're leaving, left if you're going left, nothing if you're going straight but then left once you're leaving"
Yes. Put simply, you indicate as you exit the roundabout. This has been made official but people have no fucking clue. I think there needs to be an advertising campaign about basic points of road rules because so few people understand them. Who to give way to, when to indicate, how multi-lane roundabouts work etc. People have no fucking concept.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:04     #33939
DevilWTKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
(disclaimer, I only got my restricted yesterday, so what do I know)

Pretty sure it was always "right if you're going in, left if you're leaving"

It never changed. How it is now is how it's always been. They just made a fuss about it a couple of years back and people thought they had changed the rules, which they hadn't. They just drew attention to them.

I still dont understand why people have such a hard time with it. It's really not that complicated. I give people leeway when it comes to retardedly shaped roundabouts, but most of the time people have no excuse.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:07     #33940
Cyberbob

How did people not understand a simple 'right if you're going around, left if you're leaving"

As someone sitting there waiting to get into the roundabout, I just need to know if you're potentially gonna be getting in my way. If you're indicating right, you're going to be. If you're indicating lefton the quarter circle before me, I'm sweet to go.

edit: After the rule change, now you have to look out for people not indicating at all, or indicating right, yea?

Still sounds fucking simple.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 1st March 2013 at 11:11.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:31     #33941
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

i completely agree with bob here. with the supposedly "correct" way, there is no difference between going strait and "oops, i forgot to indicate". this is unsafe.

when required to indicate right when entering, you clearly show your intent. you then indicate left when you want to depart. simple as fuck, and you dont get confusion over "did he forget to indicate or not?"

the current rule is fucked and ill never adhere to it. if it inconveniences you for the sake of safety, so be it.

edit: there is potential for it to be unsafe if in a multi lane roundabout, but this can be easily nullified if you just use the outer lane.

Last edited by Vrtigo : 1st March 2013 at 11:32.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:40     #33942
wazza
*flex*

Agree with Bob
cheers
Old 1st March 2013, 11:44     #33943
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
"correct" way, there is no difference between going strait and "oops, i forgot to indicate". this is unsafe
With the correct way, if you're going straight you enter the roundabout not indicating. The only person that could be "confused" as you put it would be the person immediately to your left, who would assume that because you are not indicating as you enter that you are going straight.

You're saying that they might mistake you for someone turning left but not indicating? Who would do that?
Old 1st March 2013, 11:46     #33944
CCS
Stunt Pants

vrtgo must be stupid and confused. If you're going straight ahead, you indicate left as you exit the roundabout. That is the rule.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:16     #33945
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
With the correct way, if you're going straight you enter the roundabout not indicating. The only person that could be "confused" as you put it would be the person immediately to your left, who would assume that because you are not indicating as you enter that you are going straight.

You're saying that they might mistake you for someone turning left but not indicating? Who would do that?
does it matter? why introduce that uncertainly in something that requires the utmost safety?

and no, im saying that cant assume anything about your intentions, because you havent clearly shown them. you might argue that not indicating shows your intent, but youd be wrong.

Last edited by Vrtigo : 1st March 2013 at 12:17.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:22     #33946
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
vrtgo must be stupid and confused. If you're going straight ahead, you indicate left as you exit the roundabout. That is the rule.
I don't coz, Fuck the world.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:29     #33947
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I don't coz, Fuck the world.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:29     #33948
wazza
*flex*

LOL!!!!
Old 1st March 2013, 12:50     #33949
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
does it matter? why introduce that uncertainly in something that requires the utmost safety?
By indicating right when you're going straight you introduce uncertainty for the people entering opposite you - the rules as they are now make much more sense.
Old 1st March 2013, 14:11     #33950
Luse

It grinds my gears when useless fucktards get promoted purely because they've been in the same position for a long time. My workload has tripled because the latest addition to my 3 person team is fucking useless, doesn't want to learn anything, and as soon as he has a little bit of after hours work he's sick for the rest of the week.

His attitude stinks as well. He'll refuse to do anything if it's inconvenient to him then boast proudly about 'telling the man' to stick it. That work still needs to be done, usually by me, thanks pal.
Old 1st March 2013, 14:18     #33951
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sounds like he's in for a period of extended newbie hazing.

So... are you his boss/team leader or what?
Old 1st March 2013, 14:28     #33952
Luse

He and I are 2 members of a 3 person team. The 3rd guy is the team member who also has a bunch of other responsibilities.

Edit: Our team leader and his manager are aware of the issue now. The guy showed up at 11 and left at 3:30 yesterday, called in sick today. This meant they had to reassign all his jobs to me and found a bunch of stuff that was due for completion at 1 today. So I've just finished doing all of his work from the past 2 days and am full of ze rage.

Last edited by Luse : 1st March 2013 at 14:30.
Old 1st March 2013, 14:34     #33953
Luse

3rd guy is team leader*
Old 1st March 2013, 14:37     #33954
oOo Dragon oOo

Fuckers being fuckheads at work. Fuck Em All!
Old 1st March 2013, 14:39     #33955
Luse

On a good note, all work has been done, my bosses are pretty stoked with the amount of work I've completed in the past few weeks (especially when comparing it to the dribble he's done), and now I'm gonna go drink beer and make some burger patties for our work BBQ this afternoon.
Old 1st March 2013, 14:49     #33956
xor

You should get drunk and throw things at him while playing John Farnham
Old 1st March 2013, 14:56     #33957
CCS
Stunt Pants

You should punch his face.
Old 1st March 2013, 15:11     #33958
pxpx

For some reason, HR have to approve the blocking of websites. So off I goes to speak to my HR person.

Me: Pls block this website for flash games, a person in my team was spending too much time on it. I have spoken to them about it, but I want it blocked all the same.
HR: Hrm, how about you just "manage it with the employee"
Me: I have, but I still want it to be blocked
HR: Ok lets see how it goes with managing it then we'll review
Me: ok ok chill out brah, we'll do it your way.

*5 min later, receive cc'd email*

HR: "Please block this website as discussed with X"

I know I got my way, but I'm just so confused. HR y u troll?
Old 1st March 2013, 15:18     #33959
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
By indicating right when you're going straight you introduce uncertainty for the people entering opposite you - the rules as they are now make much more sense.
youll never cross their path, whereas you will cross those to the left.
Old 1st March 2013, 15:32     #33960
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
For some reason, HR have to approve the blocking of websites. So off I goes to speak to my HR person.
HR. On a good day the want to fuck you round. On a bad day they're cunts.

Quote:
youll never cross their path, whereas you will cross those to the left.
Holy shit this guy is dumb.