NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12th June 2020, 21:43     #81
Nich

No, the police violence is also in that video. He opposes the bullshit concept of ancestral debt and reparations based on race. US has a problem with state monopoly on violence and elites stretching wealth inequality to new records. Stories (in news and Hollywood) of adversarial race relations win the news cycle / boxoffice and have done for decades.

It is ripe for Active Measures, and has been exploited brilliantly by whichever group / country is lighting the fires. People become what they are constantly told that they are, even if that thing is a lie. Repeat it enough and it makes itself true. No wonder so many people are out for blood with a little bit of organisation and encouragement. They are brainwashed.

From what I hear, libertarians don't condone racism nor anti-racism. Their north star is trust in people to go about their lives peacefully, less government, more freedom, and less government funded violence.

Personally, I strive to judge people on their character, and an ideal world would be a meritocracy as flawed as that concept is. It shits on exclusionary racism / discrimination for obvious reasons, and shits on anti-racism affirmative action which seeds suspicion that black people don't rightly earn their positions through their abilities and skills alone.

Treating a race of people as too dumb (or too smart if your asian) to make it on their own is a dumb idea that looks at solving a superficial problem without considering the 2nd and 3rd order consequences. Treating one's self as evil for having white skiln is also dumb. Getting on your knees if you're white in the presence of a black person is a dumb idea.

Then there is Australian racism which is perhaps the cruelest and most drawn out form of genocide the world has seen regarding Aboriginal people and their slow erasure. That, and refugees are sentenced to a fate worse than the extremist countries they are fleeing from. And our PM openly celebrates his role in it!
Old 13th June 2020, 11:22     #82
Nich

This person is much more articulate than I:

Anonymous letter from UC Berkeley professor concerning BLM/recent events
https://medium.com/@soumynona_/anony...s-24a66a6f1ca7

Also Eric Weinstein is much better at treading the path of blasphemy in his episode of The Portal with Stephon Alexander:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000477637846
Listen to first 30 mins, then last 30 mins if like me discussions of quarks and dark matter go way over your head.

And Thomas Sowell has been extremely helpful in cutting through the bullshit.
Uncommon Knowledge with Thomas Sowell
https://youtu.be/A7gDSmGU4K8
Old 13th June 2020, 11:25     #83
Nich

Australian slow genocide in action:

Four-month-old baby girl dies while mum in police custody in Katherine in the Northern Territory

https://www.news.com.au/national/nor...6b1cda9f854dff
Old 16th June 2020, 05:57     #84
creamcheese

From that medium article:

Quote:
The vast majority of violence visited on the black community is committed by black people. There are virtually no marches for these invisible victims, no public silences, no heartfelt letters from the UC regents, deans, and departmental heads.
The writer might need to go for a walk sometime. I'm about 5 mins away from Berkeley in North Oakland, and there are So. Many. Marches and vigils to end gang and community violence. The author might not get to see them, and maybe the news they ingest doesn't talk about them, but the black community absolutely care.

Maybe those UC regents, deans and departmental heads need to take a look at themselves too.

I'm not saying there were no good points, but that sentence seemed like an egregious oversight.
Old 16th June 2020, 11:02     #85
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

There was a weird intersectionality grenade in an Australian ABC News segment yesterday. It was a live cross to an Aussie reporter at the Pride march in Los Angeles, which had kinda become co-opted to be a Black Pride Lives Matter march because of the police violence. The reporter asked a white woman in a face mask why this march was important, and I swear she replied something like "we need to address the issue of homophobia in the black community" and my eyes bugged out.

It was live, and I can find no recording of it anywhere on the ABC News site. Hilarisastrous though.
Old 16th June 2020, 13:45     #86
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
I was more interested in your thoughts on what he said in that particular piece, not who he is or what network he is on. But your response was another good example of what's happening today - more people are disagreeing with opinions/views because of who holds/transmits them, rather than judging the viewpoint by its merits.

The world sure is divided. Did you agree with what he said, or refuse to watch it?
I watched it for a couple of minutes, but dismissed it pretty quickly as being unnecessarily inflamatory and filled with points made in bad faith. After reading your reply, I thought I'd go back and watch it again and give it a fair shot.

You want to focus on what he said, not who he is or what network he's on, but I think it's what he says where a lot of the issue is.

My notes in the first half:
  • Rise of left wing mobs.
  • They are a threat to everyone.
  • Admitting that he doesn't care what the "left wing mob" says they want, but going straight to his opinion that they want to burn your country down.
  • Calling left wing vampires.
  • Left wing mobs want to eliminate rights and tolerances.
  • Relentless propeganda eliminating the right to resist.
  • Bagging CNN specifically - What the other side is saying.
  • Sesame Street's "Racism is a huge problem. PoC are being treated unfairly" interpreted as "Kids, America is a very bad place and it's your fault."
  • "Who are we, at this point we're becoming North Korea"
  • Claiming "Defund the police" will become "Kill the police" because no one will stop "them"

In the second half.
  • He had points regarding radical responses to cases that didn't warrant it (UCLA specifically).
  • "Sweeping racial attacks should be fought with everything we have no matter who the target is"
  • "Today the left has highlighted one racial group to hate and punish" - meaning hatred of white people.
  • Democrats believe they can win by inciting violence
  • Republicans have a moral duty to stand by and defend us.
  • "Republican Senators would sell you out for the price of lunch, they can't even point out the endless lying."
  • Lying from everyone. No citizen believes anyone.
  • Critising GoFundMe of being overly critical.
  • Critisizing people that are against by the "I'm not Racist" statement. Disagreed, nothing good has every come from someone saying that.

Some great points were made in the second half, and personally I agree that a lot of the responses like GoFundMe and UCLA swang too hard in the opposite direction.

There's definitely a level of irony when he's discussing the left mobs and nazis in the same sentence, and earlier called the left wing Vampires, literally using the same analogies as actual anti-Semite nazi propaganda.

He's a professional political divider. He divides for profit, and it's a business model that works for him.
It works for everyone. I'm not trying to single out Fox here, CNN and MSNBC are just as bad. If Trump did something good, they wouldn't tell me.

At the end of the day, it's an entertainment format disguised as serious political discussion. None of that segment is for political discussion.
He threw in a few punches to the Republicans half way through the second half, but the entire time it was all about painting the worst possible light. How is anyone supposed to defend Vampires, or burning your country down, or becoming North Korea, or Killing the Police. You can't because it's not intended to be a discussion. It's for division.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 16th June 2020 at 13:49.
Old 16th June 2020, 14:38     #87
Nich

^^^
I've linked this before, but it's worth linking again:

Dan Carlin Common Sense - Show 319 - A Recipe for Caesar
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000470161910

Right wing screaming heads othering the Left calling them "vermin" and justifying it because Hillary said "deplorables". History tells us that this is difficult to walk back.

And as Douglas Murray says, when we agree that we cannot have a dialog, the only thing left is violence.
Old 16th June 2020, 18:57     #88
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Your efforts are appreciated Cyberbob.
Old 20th June 2020, 13:45     #89
Nich

How Can We Win
https://youtu.be/sb9_qGOa9Go

as referenced by Keiser Report | Cantillon Monopoly | E1555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDbz9D7QYec

The game is fixed.

Last edited by Nich : 20th June 2020 at 13:46.
Old 21st June 2020, 13:25     #90
Nich

Welcome to CHAZ, Seattle. Part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQoN6rEugL0

Apparently it's called #CHOZ now to test that everyone is following in lock step with directions from the new authority.

And there's some weird UN / Antifa cross-promotion / flag waving going on too.
Old 23rd June 2020, 18:21     #91
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
The game is fixed.
The game is always fixed. You'll need to come up with a more compelling reason for me to watch a 25 minute video from RT.
Old 23rd June 2020, 19:37     #92
Nich

ok, I thought the woman's monopoly analogy was spot on and Keiser Report segment on cantillon effect explains how stocks have become completely and blatantly divorced from reality.
Old 26th June 2020, 11:52     #93
Nich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2vctUezliE
Quote:
Even as protests over the death of George Floyd devolved into riots reminiscent of 1960s-era unrest, activists have made “defund the police” a rallying cry. The turmoil has reignited important debates about race, policing, and the future of urban life.

What does racial justice look like in urban policy? How should America’s leaders think about public-order and policing amidst the current chaos? Join the Manhattan Institute’s Coleman Hughes and Rafael Mangual along with Jamil Jivani, author of Why Young Men, for an important discussion of these issues, moderated by Jason Riley.

An excellent discussion dispelling the BLM / antifa / anarchist anecdote-fueled narrative. Warning: no race baiting, or police bashing, or calls for erasure of history which may be a bit shocking.
Old 26th June 2020, 22:59     #94
crocos

Rafael: "no evidence of racial motivation".
OK sure - no hard evidence. However circumstantial evidence going on past complaints and his arresting officer record it's a fair assumption that there is a very strong chance (ex) officer Chauvin was racially motivated.

I'm not disputing the "and these other examples show that the police are shit and there's other non-racial examples"

However the BML movement if it gets any traction will benefit more than just black people if it causes the police apparatus to be reviewed.

Coleman: "Why does this only happen to black people"
So. Fucking. Wrong.
This is "Why does this disproportionately happen to black people"

Jamil's first segment: Spoke a lot of sense... but then was asked to answer "why is this a thing" and failed to address any of the systemic disadvantage that the majority of black US citizens have.

Rafael: Seems to think that physical force (lethal or not) is even the predominant issue - it is AN issue, but that poor kids and black kids feel the need to even hide from cops means not that they've done anything wrong but that they stand a high chance of being harassed for minding their own business. He restates the issue as police violence when that's far from the only issue. I do agree with the lack of data - but there is no real impetus for the cops (who are the only ones who really CAN collect this) to collect this.

Coleman: - Only things he really commented here was on gun control - which I think is a great point if only grazed at, and some weak stabs at getting rid of bad cops.

Jason: restating that black [poor] communities as the issue.

Jamil: Talked a lot of sense again. Addresses core issues again. Ignored again. Raised the class issue from the view that it's easier for the haves to criticize policing than the have-nots - basically saying that the communities that are most impacted by violence (police or otherwise) are the ones that most approve of police and that it's the hoi-poli that are criticizing them. "Maaaaybe" is my take on that one - certainly a large percentage of the more visible protesters are not exactly skint, but would you really expect those working hand-to-mouth to be able to protest? If they took the time away from work they or their family might go hungry.
Jamil then goes on to indicate that BLM does not reflect majority of black voters and if they were Biden would not have taken the Democratic candidacy - like that has anything to do with things given blacks are a minority, the reasonably well documented corruption in the democratic party around nomination (though arguably not as bad as the Republicans), and that the poorer areas (which statistically have a higher concentration of black people) are MUCH less likely to be ABLE to vote (even if have citizenship etc) due to the bullshit voting eligibility and discouragement campaigns in many states.

Jason and Jamil then go completely off-base and start in on rap/hip-hop promoting criminality (so the "they do it to themselves" argument). How interesting that the predominant audience for these "gangster fantasies" are young WHITE males according to the last sales data I looked at.

Jason:Leading statement to Raphael indicating over-policing isn't an issue and indeed looking at it is dangerous and may cause more deaths/violence/crime.

Raphael: Leans in to lethal police actions are an aberration. Again this isn't the point of ANYONE'S arguments, let alone BML's arguments as it's more "Why does this disproportionately happen to black folks?" and then raises a key point that high police brutality leads people to be less likely to report crimes... then doesn't address his own point at all.
Police withdrawing from communities: This is a vicious-cycle style reaction to the communities not trusting the police - I wonder why? Of COURSE this increases the risk profile. But why have the cops lost that trust? Simply not addressed.
Then out of nowhere he pulls a "this young mother died from random violence" with no actual context beyond that the US bail system sucks as-is, with the implication that this is why police are scared.

Jason: Refers to Jamil's points then asks why black attitudes towards police and black-caused homicides are not part of the issue, claims it's the biggest ignored issue.

Coleman: *Deep breath*
Starts by implying "Black culture" is something contentious.
Says perception is that White people that are bad should be ashamed; black people that are bad are misunderstood. I disagree: If someone is actually a shit-heel they should be treated as a shit-heel. Problem is that many perfectly innocent POC are treated as criminal without any justification... and claims that many folks that ARE shit-heels but also POC are treated as innocents and shouldn't be, claims that not holding people to account is dehumanizing. Ooohkay I kinda get what Coleman is saying here but the default human reaction is to vilify where the preponderance of evidence (or opinion) is toward guilt, so I have trouble swallowing this one.

At this point I lost interest. Possibly because I've downed a bottle and a bit of wine.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 26th June 2020 at 23:01.
Old 26th June 2020, 23:05     #95
crocos

Also part of why I lost interest is it didn't address at all anything any other citizen of anything not in the USA has experienced, such as the genocide by default of the Australian aboriginal peoples and the disadvantage of Polynesian peoples in NZ society (including things like genetic lack of defense against alcoholism due to thousands of less generations dealing with alcohol etc) or basically anything not-USA related.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 2nd July 2020, 00:55     #96
Lightspeed

Hulu removes ‘Golden Girls’ episode over blackface concerns

Quote:
"First of all, they were in mud masks not blackface. And second of all, in what world does 'Stop killing us.' sound like 'Please remove episodes of Golden Girls'? I didn't see that ask on anyone's protest sign..." user @missewill tweeted.
Old 2nd July 2020, 01:24     #97
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The crazy thing is - after I stupidly went down a Golden Girls rabbit hole - is that they actually were making a comment on race by wearing mud masks. It's in an episode where the ladies are making a point about racism to a racist character who objects to a mixed-race relationship.
Old 2nd July 2020, 10:59     #98
Nich

Si, Marxists will have plenty of time to ponder the nuance of decolonizing The Golden Girls as they rot in the gulag they helped create. That is if they aren't lined up at the edge of a mass grave and shot when they try to become Napoleon.

Why not just accept that one episode of The Golden Girls has been deleted? Just one episode, no harm in that. The present moment has no oxygen left for nuance. Your hesitation in denouncing systemic racism is problematic. We shall therefore presume you are unconsciously and uncontrollably racist in your private thoughts. Enough is enough with your thought crimes! Off to the gulag with you!

Last edited by Nich : 2nd July 2020 at 11:00.
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:27     #99
Cyberbob

WB did it best.

Old 2nd July 2020, 13:35     #100
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Si, Marxists will have plenty of time to ponder the nuance of decolonizing The Golden Girls as they rot in the gulag they helped create. That is if they aren't lined up at the edge of a mass grave and shot when they try to become Napoleon.
I figure genuine Marxists were usurped by Bolsheviks who called themselves Marxists, but were all like "fuck waiting for the tyranny of the masses, we'll do it ourselves!"

The lesson being decency alone does not protect one from violence.

But shit, I could spend my life studying all that and still only have scraped the surface of that era.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 2nd July 2020 at 13:36.
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:06     #101
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...74a_story.html

Quote:
A nation’s gravest problems are those it cannot discuss because it dare not state them. This nation's principal problem, which makes other serious problems intractable, is that much of today’s intelligentsia is not intelligent.
Old 17th July 2020, 20:49     #102
Nich

My Black Son Sold “N-Word Passes” to His White Friends - His sister thinks he’s made almost $1,000.
https://slate.com/human-interest/202...d-feeding.html

Modern problems require modern solutions. $20-50 per pass! I hope he went with a subscription model.
Old 17th July 2020, 20:56     #103
Nich

My Black Son Sold “N-Word Passes” to His White Friends - His sister thinks he’s made almost $1,000.
https://slate.com/human-interest/202...d-feeding.html

Modern problems require modern solutions. $20-50 per pass! I hope he went with a subscription model.
Old 20th July 2020, 03:15     #104
Lightspeed

Navy - A scene from protests in Portland.
Old 1st September 2020, 11:58     #105
Nich

https://www.epsilontheory.com/lucifers-hammer/

Quote:
Know who’s having fun tonight? Know who’s running on adrenaline and endorphins and the rush of cops and robbers? Know who simultaneously believes that nothing can happen to them and that everything could happen to them? All of the BLM “organizers” and all of the Antifa “cadres” and all of the Proud/Boogaloo “boys” and all of the MAGA militia “soldiers”, that’s who.

Man, they’re all having a blast.