NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 11th January 2017, 09:42     #41
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Well it IS an unscripted interview. If you've ever nervously answered at a job interview, you should be able to relate.

Would you prefer to hear polished lies and scripted answers, or be able to see right through him?
Old 11th January 2017, 10:31     #42
Savage

facepalm

Trump asks prominent anti-vaxxer to lead commission on vaccine safety
Old 11th January 2017, 10:52     #43
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Well it IS an unscripted interview. If you've ever nervously answered at a job interview, you should be able to relate.

Would you prefer to hear polished lies and scripted answers, or be able to see right through him?
You realise Trump talks like that all the time though, right?
Old 11th January 2017, 11:52     #44
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Alarmist headline.

His actual stance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.twitlonger.com/show/htekrt
Stop massive one time vaccinations--spread them out over a period of time.
Old 11th January 2017, 12:27     #45
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW SCIENCE WORKS
Old 11th January 2017, 14:30     #46
Lightspeed

FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts

It gives me chills to think about exactly how explosively this could all blow up.
Old 11th January 2017, 15:08     #47
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Alarmist headline.

His actual stance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.twitlonger.com/show/htekrt
Stop massive one time vaccinations--spread them out over a period of time.
Continuing because rage.

See this is the sort of shit that nutty antivaxx cunts post because they're stupid, and it's dangerous because if you don't know anything about vaccinations or immune systems or the world it sounds kinda sensible. And that's dangerous because thinking "sounds kinda sensible" about something a nutty antivaxx cunt said can trick your brain into thinking "hey that guy isn't nutty all the time".

Do you know how many fucking pathogens a toddler comes into contact with for the very first time EVERY DAY? Do you realise how fucking toxic the world is? That "massive one time vaccination" is a fucking ROUNDING ERROR on the balance sheet of how many new germs your average toddler absorbs daily.

The "massive one time vaccination" is done in that way because getting that fucking commit done to your germ database in one doctor visit at the price of one shot is THE CHEAPEST FASTEST LEAST-UPSET-BABYEST way of doing it.

All that happens when fucking retards decide "oooh, I read on the internet that it's better to spread them out over time" is that the baby cries on visit number one and OH MY MUMMYFEELS, I'M NOT PUTTING PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKE THROUGH THIS EVER AGAIN and the subsequent visits never happen. Or tinfoil hat daddy goes THIS IS BULLSHIT BIG PHARMA IS JUST MAKING US MAKE MULTIPLE VISITS FOR MULTIPLE SHOTS SO IT CAN MAXIMISE PROFITS ("hold on, wasn't that your idea?" "IMPOSSIBRU, BIG PHARMA, HERPA DERP") and the subsequent visits never happen.
Old 11th January 2017, 15:19     #48
Lightspeed

That's the whole point right? It's all still genuinely alarming that politics is questioning and determining scientific outcomes. The "actual headline" is just as scary as the alarmist one.
Old 11th January 2017, 15:22     #49
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Speaking of bodily functions

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf
Old 11th January 2017, 18:18     #50
ZoSo

Hard to give a fuck about anything atm until some credibilty is re-established.
Old 11th January 2017, 19:13     #51
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Continuing because rage.

*froths*
So if more viruses in a vaccine is always better (because, after all they're a rounding error compared to eating dog shit, snails and a dirty kitchen floor), why don't doctors include every virus they can think of and vaccinate at birth? Why is there even a schedule? Either a newborn baby can handle every virus under the sun all in one go, or it can't and age/maturity of the immune system has something to do with what a child can take. That is why some vaccines are only given at 12 months, isn't it? 15 months in NZ for MMR, maybe 12 was a bit... risky? I MEAN THERES NO RISK, VACCINES ARE SAFE, HERE I'LL EAT A BOX OF THEM MYSELF.

The fact that some vaccines require repeated/follow up shots as standard practice means that your mummyfeels argument does not hold because children probably cry every time anyway, and the current vaccine schedule still takes place.

Assuming you can't be enrolled in a public school/child care unless you're fully vaccinated, does it matter if you get your shots separately or together, or at 2, 12, 18, 24 months or just before you start school? Some parents could choose all in one, some might choose to spread them out. I believe the operative word is FREEDOM. Minimising costs (your justification) is also a way to maximise profits, so daddy tin foil can fuck off. More shots = more GDP - it's the economy, stupid.

No-one is proposing to discontinue vaccinations.
Old 11th January 2017, 22:50     #52
pxpx

^ anti-vaxxer
Old 12th January 2017, 10:26     #53
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Old 12th January 2017, 13:40     #54
pxpx

Trump to CNN reporter: "You are fake news"
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=11780828
Old 12th January 2017, 14:50     #55
Deadmeat

Quote:
So if more viruses in a vaccine is always better (because, after all they're a rounding error compared to eating dog shit, snails and a dirty kitchen floor), why don't doctors include every virus they can think of and vaccinate at birth? Why is there even a schedule? Either a newborn baby can handle every virus under the sun all in one go, or it can't and age/maturity of the immune system has something to do with what a child can take. That is why some vaccines are only given at 12 months, isn't it? 15 months in NZ for MMR, maybe 12 was a bit... risky? I MEAN THERES NO RISK, VACCINES ARE SAFE, HERE I'LL EAT A BOX OF THEM MYSELF.

The fact that some vaccines require repeated/follow up shots as standard practice means that your mummyfeels argument does not hold because children probably cry every time anyway, and the current vaccine schedule still takes place.

Assuming you can't be enrolled in a public school/child care unless you're fully vaccinated, does it matter if you get your shots separately or together, or at 2, 12, 18, 24 months or just before you start school? Some parents could choose all in one, some might choose to spread them out. I believe the operative word is FREEDOM. Minimising costs (your justification) is also a way to maximise profits, so daddy tin foil can fuck off. More shots = more GDP - it's the economy, stupid.

No-one is proposing to discontinue vaccinations.
Every part of this post is amazing.
Old 12th January 2017, 20:51     #56
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Stealing content harder than eBaum's

Old 13th January 2017, 14:30     #57
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Look the dossier didn't say that Trump wanted Russian hookers to piss on him, it said that he wanted to watch Russian hookers piss on EACH OTHER, which seems perfectly reasonable, I don't see what the big deal is.
Old 13th January 2017, 22:52     #58
Lightspeed

Pissing and hotels and hookers, what of it? This guy felt compelled to desecrate a bed Obama and Michelle slept in.

Probably gonna be a parade of hookers running through the White House in Trump's first week.
Old 14th January 2017, 10:54     #59
fixed_truth

Lol @ Trump being pissed with all this fake news about him. Um remember Obama's birth certificate / Kenya bollocks?

Last edited by fixed_truth : 14th January 2017 at 10:56.
Old 15th January 2017, 01:05     #60
Nothing

Clinton got impeached for telling lies about having put his dick in an intern, surely they'll be able to find some lie Donald told an impeach him over it...
Old 15th January 2017, 22:32     #61
Lightspeed

I had an "oh no/well of course" moment the other day when Trump responded to a journalist by calling it fake news.

I just read this salient post about modern propaganda.

If only we could use it to fight climate change, because it's chilling.
Old 16th January 2017, 07:43     #62
pxpx

Great post, the mainstream media is biased dont trust anything! Trust only trump!

Last edited by pxpx : 16th January 2017 at 07:44.
Old 16th January 2017, 14:55     #63
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Clinton got impeached for telling lies about having put his dick in an intern, surely they'll be able to find some lie Donald told an impeach him over it...
Unfortunately "they" are a Republican-dominated House, and the Democrats so far are acting like battered spouses.
Old 16th January 2017, 15:21     #64
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Great post, the mainstream media is biased dont trust anything! Trust only trump!
Or distrust only Trump. Either/or you're losing to the propaganda.
Old 16th January 2017, 18:42     #65
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Unfortunately "they" are a Republican-dominated House, and the Democrats so far are acting like battered spouses.
Not all the Republicans are behind him, though. I can imagine a few would have no problem watching him get impeached over something.
Old 21st January 2017, 11:29     #66
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

...and that's it. President Trump. God help us.
Old 21st January 2017, 15:47     #67
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Not all the Republicans are behind him, though. I can imagine a few would have no problem watching him get impeached over something.
I think just as many would have a problem with President Pence.
Old 21st January 2017, 20:03     #68
Nich

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2009-...ry?id=44927217

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdoTIRhEcMw

2009 vs 2017 Lincoln Memorial crowds in attendance

excuse the music.

Last edited by Nich : 21st January 2017 at 20:04.
Old 22nd January 2017, 19:14     #69
ZoSo

the more brutal, the more funny imo..

Old 22nd January 2017, 20:06     #70
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
I think just as many would have a problem with President Pence.
Can't say I know much about him. Is he better than Trump (ie, not a moron) or is he just Trump V2 ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:34     #71
Lightspeed

I thought Pence was a meaner, more conservative version of Cheney? Not sure why I think that though...
Old 22nd January 2017, 22:06     #72
_Incubus_

Very angry

I'm becoming very tired of the Hollywood brigade whinging and complaining about the Trump result...how about STFU and honor your promises to move away..or actually realise that this is how your country voted...fuck tards.
Old 23rd January 2017, 07:57     #73
fixed_truth

Is it really how their country voted when Clinton got 2,864,974 more popular votes?

Old 23rd January 2017, 10:04     #74
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
I think he has watched too many Miss Universe pageants. It sounds like how they would talk.
Halfway through a sentence and idea will pop into his head and he just starts talking about it.

Quote:
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children
Totally sounds like a Trump Speech.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:42     #75
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I thought Pence was a meaner, more conservative version of Cheney? Not sure why I think that though...
Pence has actually stated that his role model as vice president would be Dick Cheney.

Born again Christian in an evangelical megachurch, Pro tax cut, Pro "religious freedom" (allowing businesses to discriminate based on belief), Anti-LBGT, Anti-abortion, Anti-immigration, Pro private social security, Anti-climate change, Cubs supporter.
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:11     #76
ZoSo

Pretty good sign for Pence & co.
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:24     #77
CCS
Stunt Pants

Wacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Is it really how their country voted when Clinton got 2,864,974 more popular votes?
wat
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:26     #78
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
I'm becoming very tired of the Hollywood brigade whinging and complaining about the Trump result...how about STFU and honor your promises to move away..or actually realise that this is how your country voted...fuck tards.
So tone deaf. Those celebrity videos leading up to and post election are next level cringe. How about focus on cleaning out the dnc first and ideas on how to win back those middle american areas rather than harp on about popular vote on the coasts and rubbing one out to anything patton oswalt and the like says.
Very reminiscent of KDS back here.
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:41     #79
ZoSo

That said, I did laugh at Travis Tritt getting bombarded after telling celebrities to stfu. Cheers for that twitter link Ab.
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:56     #80
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
wat
link