NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 21st March 2009, 17:18     #121
Spink

Why are you trying to explain quadratic equations to a dog? a dog doesn't care he just wants to play with the ball.
Old 21st March 2009, 17:32     #122
CCS
Stunt Pants

It wasn't just any dog. It was one of those dogs that can bark the answer to basic addition questions. Ab was just taking it to the next level.
Old 21st March 2009, 17:52     #123
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
Wouldn't life be more enjoyable if you didn't plan to spend the next 3 years sulking?
I'm not sulking at all. I'm middle class with no dependents, I personally am in little danger and likely better off under National. It mostly comes down to two things for me.

One, poverty is the cause of so so many issues in our society, neither labour nor National are doing enough to curb it, but National will likely increase it. If National would reduce poverty considerably more than labour, that issue alone would probably be enough for me to vote for them over Labour. Of course it's a complicated issue, and its not like anyone can just 'solve' poverty. But it's a crime how little is done about it. Simply because it's 'their fault' they're poor. Which is 100% moot with regards to increasing societies overall well being. You let 100 kids grow up in poverty, x amount will come out a certain way.

Two. Social issues. The exact same people complaining about nanny state, are the same people voting for Nixon in opposition of civil rights in America in the 60s. Yes they're more liberal now, but that's simply because they've been raised in a more liberal society, it's the same section of society. However, whether or not John Key was pudding on a charade dancing with drag queens, it shows just how far we've come in a quick time if the leader of the conservative party feels the need to kiss ass to the gays.

Ramble on. But yeah, I haven't found them to be that bad yet, but i'm still worried.
Old 21st March 2009, 18:09     #124
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
The exact same people complaining about nanny state, are the same people voting for Nixon in opposition of civil rights in America in the 60s.
Um, I don't think so, seeing as how that was forty years ago. In another country.
Old 21st March 2009, 18:26     #125
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Um, I don't think so, seeing as how that was forty years ago. In another country.
Oh wow, how'd you figure that one out genius?
Old 21st March 2009, 18:36     #126
ZoSo

I guess harping on about National supporters crying for 3 years over "retarded shit" such as "nanny state", is valid, as long as you don't get revisionist over that fact that previous Labour supporters themselves, changed their vote over those same "nanny state", "retarded shit" and slung them out of office, due to it.
Often overlooked in all this flailing afterwards.
Old 21st March 2009, 18:44     #127
JP

Oh for sure, one great thing about our country is its rare to meet a true 'national' or 'labour' supporter, as in they support them unconditionally.

I remember the first time I went to America, the amount of shit being put out by die hard Bush supporters who simply would not accept he was a terrible president, was astounding. "My president right or wrong" was a common bumper sticker. I mean, how the fuck does that even make sense to anyone no matter who you support? If they're wrong, and doing a shit job, then you need to get them out of office.
Old 21st March 2009, 18:45     #128
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Oh wow, how'd you figure that one out genius?
I looked on Wikipedia.
Old 21st March 2009, 20:35     #129
Dusty

It's random hour!!!

With your host - JP!
Old 21st March 2009, 20:51     #130
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
It's random hour!!!

With your host - JP!

you is ignorant.
nice post JP, shame so many of the useful idiots*smirk* here cant get their heads around the existence of flavors other than vanilla/french vanilla.

(and remember, key may be able to pose for nice media friendly photos- but he cant bring himself to support legislation encouraging equal rights.
they havent moved on too much.)
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:23     #131
fidgit
Always itchy

GT: Thanks for that - I had considered the over-utilisation, mainly because I naively assume both doctors will not prescribe unnecessary physio, and phsyio's won't stretch out cover for unnecessary lengths of time. Given that I know doctors ask people how much time they'd like off work when they write out their medical certificates (surely you're sick or you're not - and the patient isn't the one that's going to know how long healing will take...), I'll agree that's a massively naive point of view.

You're suggestion of minimal charges makes me wonder - have study been done (and I ask because I figure you'll know, not because I'm too lazy to look myself) about the target point at which charging moves from 'making money because we can' back down to 'weeding out the people milking us'.

My partner works for ACC (though I make an effort to not let this affect my opinion of the company), and used to get mad that a lot of people don't appreciate what ACC are paying for, and the kind of costs behind things like doctors visits. She's always been of the opinion that people should be sent bills after a doctor visit or some such, outlining exactly how much it cost, and showing that it had been paid for by ACC, just to drive home these things do have a cost, it's just not being paid directly by you. Granted, this wouldn't be as effective as minor charges. Maybe that should be how National start their 'trimming' of ACC's payouts - but cap it at single digits to make sure you don't start hurting those that really need free care.

plazor - the workplace levies are already different for different workplaces, based on how hazardous each is relative to each other, to factor in the higher likelyhood of ACC needing to pay out for some jobs over others. They also provide discounts on a 3-tierd scale if you implement a health and safety program and get it audited by an ACC-approved auditor, to acknowledge that they are less likely to pay out for your company if your inhouse health and safety program is good. (audits are conducted 2 yearly, mine is on Monday oh god oh god D:!! currently tertiary (highest level) and shooting to stay on it - a 15% discount last time, they've increased tertiary to a 20% discount but your HS has to be pretty much flawless to get this level).
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:58     #132
[WanG] Wandarah

hehe, chubby is crazy
Old 22nd March 2009, 02:16     #133
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
(and remember, key may be able to pose for nice media friendly photos- but he cant bring himself to support legislation encouraging equal rights.
they havent moved on too much.)
I'm curious about what you're referring to here. (I'm a bleeding heart liberal communist hippy, so I doubt I'm in disagreement, just interested)
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:34     #134
chubby

^^ ill get back to you- for the life of me i cant find any solid story with the reference.though my mate has a broadsheet tracking parties on their behavior on exactly this type of issue, and can probably lend a hand

in the herald (tiny column) same day as the 'big gay out' photo, and (strangely) in the guardian about 3days prior.
an embarrassing piece about NZ's regression on local human rights issues.

Last edited by chubby : 22nd March 2009 at 08:36.
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:36     #135
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
hehe, chubby is crazy
your vagina smells bad.
Old 22nd March 2009, 09:07     #136
FaTBoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Jesus H Christ, it's like trying to explain quantum mechanics to toddlers.

Look, I'll make it real simple. Key was guest speaker at the Philanthropy New Zealand national conference. He was addressing people who have commendably demonstrated a commitment to making significant donations to charity. He was speaking to people who donate lots of money. Key was saying "The new tax scheme is going to mean that you get a chunk of your donation back as a tax rebate. I would like to think that many of you will also donate that rebate to charity rather than pocketing it or spending it on useless shit, because at the end of the day you won't be out of pocket by any more than you are with your present donations, and that extra donation could really make a difference to some people."

Wow, now I look at what I read, the guy is obviously the Antichrist. How could I have been so blind.
1) The tax cut is not free, the government is borrowing money, so any tax cut is a loan, does this need any explaination Ab?
2)the rebate imho would be better used by governemt to directly address poverty, not funneled through a charity trust.
3)Key has changed the policy to allow goods and services to be included and receive 30% cash back.

This is sweet for business, got last years stock you can't shift, simple donate to a charity, 30% cash back payed for by the tax payer.

it's all good, got warehouse space empty, donate it to charity: to store last's years stock, contaminated land that requires a clean up? donate it. 30% cash back.

Yes this is about charity, corporate charity.
Old 22nd March 2009, 09:14     #137
FaTBoB

p.s.
Ab, my tax cut will go towards paying the 3% increase in petrol tax, cheers.
Old 22nd March 2009, 11:14     #138
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTBoB
p.s.
Ab, my tax cut will go towards paying the 3% increase in petrol tax, cheers.
But not the 9% that labour had planned?
Old 22nd March 2009, 11:27     #139
chubby

^^ labours cuts were not to be funded with expensive off-shore loans.
Old 22nd March 2009, 11:34     #140
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
^^ labours cuts were not to be funded with expensive off-shore loans.
Well i'm glad that they got into govt. so we could see this take effect.
Oh wait they didn't, so we don't know.

I'm wish they were in office so they could fix ACC!
Oh wait! They were in office for 9years and watched it fuck itself!

I'm so glad that Labour is here to save the day!
Oh wait, they aren't, who knows if they would be doing a better job. All i know is that National is in and things aren't going to badly all things considered.

Labour had a horrible horrible way of not telling you about things that were going on, fuck that, i don't care if something is fucked, i want to know, rather than being kept in the dark and told to wait for my handout.

/unrational rant.
Old 22nd March 2009, 11:43     #141
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
all things considered./unrational rant.
the thing is, you dont consider.
just swallow and regurgitate.
Old 22nd March 2009, 11:51     #142
Reformed_Quint

^^^ LEAVE LABOUR ALONE WAAHHAAAAHAAAAAAAAA
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:23     #143
Dusty

Quote:
Labour had a horrible horrible way of not telling you about things that were going on, fuck that, i don't care if something is fucked, i want to know, rather than being kept in the dark and told to wait for my handout.
The ONLY reason National brought this to light was so they could say "See - look what your previous government did...look!"

You think that when National start screwing around with Kiwisaver, so that in 2 years time it's being run into the ground, they're going to start making press conferences saying, "Hey - guess what - we fucked this up...and this...and this..."?

Not bloody likely.
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:27     #144
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
I'm wish they were in office so they could fix ACC!
Oh wait! They were in office for 9years and watched it fuck itself!
There's nothing wrong with ACC - NACT are just lying to you about it. Unfortunately, you actually believe them.

PDF
http://www.thestandard.org.nz/cuttin...e-spin-on-acc/
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:33     #145
crocos

Yes folks, this thread has devolved to "Leave Labour alone" "No you leave National alone".

Can we get a thread-lock, or at least move it into the politics sub-forum?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:43     #146
chubby

Quote:
^^^ LEAVE LABOUR ALONE WAAHHAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

oh yeah, riiight-
im a staunch labour supporter.
i voted for them since i was of age.
i believe they always have the answer.

im not going to bother explaining AGAIN- 'cause frankly retards like you dont seem to be able to even conceive of more than black or white, let alone believe in it.
i blame your parents.
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:46     #147
Reformed_Quint

^^^ waaaaaaahhhhhh i don't like you. You don't hold the same opinions as me, waaaaaahhhhhhh.

You going to start flinging poo soon, monkey?

hahaha.
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:47     #148
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
You think that when National start screwing around with Kiwisaver, so that in 2 years time it's being run into the ground, they're going to start making press conferences saying, "Hey - guess what - we fucked this up...and this...and this..."?

Not bloody likely.
Fair call, would be bloody nice though
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:59     #149
chubby

doing anything with that education yet, quint?
Old 24th March 2009, 20:33     #150
chubby

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
I'm curious about what you're referring to here. (I'm a bleeding heart liberal communist hippy, so I doubt I'm in disagreement, just interested)

oh yeah- thats right,not actually legislation.
'we wont follow recommendations on pay equity, cause that will cost us money'

http://www.hrc.co.nz/home/hrc/newsan...nrecession.php

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/wages-and-...ectid=10557714
i expect this to be poopoo'd by plenty of simians here, but c'mon..... we've all got mothers/sisters/wives.
this is bullshit.

Last edited by chubby : 24th March 2009 at 20:36.
Old 24th March 2009, 20:39     #151
chubby

lol

http://blog.greens.org.nz/2009/02/21...ity-inquiries/
Old 24th March 2009, 21:05     #152
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Oh man, check out the ownage handed out in the comments
Old 24th March 2009, 21:08     #153
chubby

yeah dummy, thats some real ownage....'women get paid less 'cause they have babies... hur hur hur.'

hope your bitch swallows real good.
Old 24th March 2009, 21:40     #154
chubby

oh yeah.
fuck the kids too.

http://blog.greens.org.nz/2009/03/23...limate-change/
Old 24th March 2009, 21:43     #155
fixed_truth

Quote:
So gender pay inequality is an epiphenomenon of the market and we can't afford to look into it .
These guys should work on wall steet.
Old 24th March 2009, 21:50     #156
Reformed_Quint

I don't understand this, that 'frog' dude obviously has some extreme hatred towards national, what i need is a less extreme bias write up of whats going on, as so far i've heard nothing.

Chubby, that counts you out.
Old 24th March 2009, 21:59     #157
chubby

haha.. it had to be you didnt it.
i looked at your post history-
i feel a little sorry for you.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:37     #158
[WanG] Wandarah

are you kinda autistic chubby?

it sounds to me like you have a beautiful ocean behind your eyes, yet you are foiled constantly by the tiny tap that nature has cursed you with - and though you increase the pressure till your eyes tear-up, you just cant get what you want to say out.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:40     #159
chubby

not as smart as you think you are.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:57     #160
madmaxii

Hey Chubby - are you the reincarnation of Haydos? You seem to speak the same crap.