NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20th December 2022, 18:24     #3201
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just presenting reality.
Old 24th December 2022, 11:28     #3202
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yikes

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ws-2022-12-23/
Old 2nd January 2023, 19:26     #3203
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Dr. John Campbell's Awakening

Quote:
What happens when your world view is turned upside down? How do you cope with the realization that everything you were taught was a lie? This is an interesting case study of a man that went from totally trusting "the science" to developing a healthy skepticism towards authorities.
Old 7th January 2023, 12:22     #3204
MadMax
Stuff

China has, until tomorrow, been in lockdown and will open their borders tomorrow, 8th of Jan. There is also the end of their brutal whole-community forced isolations.

Natually there's a lot of Chinese that are itching to travel and will inevitably spread covid. It happens all the time where you restrict movements, the virus brews then it's released and spreads like crazy.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ts-politicians

^ I'm not convinced.
Old 7th January 2023, 13:58     #3205
Lightspeed

Covid has already spread from what I can tell.
Old 14th January 2023, 18:40     #3206
_indigo1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservativ...s/bloody_eggs/

I don't know if this is a piss take or for real - but the top comments belong here.
Old 1st February 2023, 17:49     #3207
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives
Old 1st February 2023, 17:58     #3208
Lightspeed

Come on, Newsweek? I closed the page as soon as I realised the source.

Of course we were wrong, there was no being right. It was an impossible situation where action was required in the absence of certainty.

There is no monolithic scientific community handing down pronouncements that must be followed. If you think so, that's a function of never having participated in decision making processes that leverage health science.
Old 25th February 2023, 11:42     #3209
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It’s possible that 1.5million people have died of Covid in China in the past 2 months.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...estimates.html
Old 28th February 2023, 13:36     #3210
xor

Covid-19 likely emerged from laboratory leak, US energy department says

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...epartment-says

Remember when you couldn't say this a couple years ago.
Old 28th February 2023, 16:49     #3211
blynk

I remember when people were saying it with very little basis to actually go on. More just conspiracy theories.
Old 28th February 2023, 16:50     #3212
_indigo1

Remember when the past was different than the present?
Old 28th February 2023, 17:06     #3213
Lightspeed

For something that wasn't allowed to be said, I heard it an awful lot.
Old 1st March 2023, 09:35     #3214
xor

Yeah, that's the funny thing about censorship.
Old 1st March 2023, 14:31     #3215
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Lol there wouldn’t happen to be an advanced virology lab with links to bioweapons research in Wuhan would there? I mean I hate internet gossip but that would be a helluva coincidence

18 Feb 2020
Act your self here freely, full freedom
Old 1st March 2023, 14:43     #3216
Lightspeed

From what I can tell nothing has changed. It's still very much in the "maybe it's this, maybe it's that". The vulnerability of such labs was already understood, the problematic cutting of funding for oversight of such labs was talked about both before and after the pandemic.

All I'm seeing right now is those with a persecution complex popping their heads up to be counted once again.
Old 1st March 2023, 15:05     #3217
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You were saying?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/liz-gu...DFV3ZDLQEOWPQ/
Old 1st March 2023, 15:15     #3218
Lightspeed

Question

You're going to have to say more I'm afraid. Are we talking about Liz Gunn or the NZH in general? lolz
Old 1st March 2023, 18:50     #3219
Cyberbob

I'll wait for the CCTV/Bodycam leak.
Old 1st March 2023, 23:10     #3220
MadMax
Stuff

So far I've managed to dodge covid, to the point of thinking I'm one of those naturally immune -- especially after staying home with my son who was positive for 10 days a while back.

Talked to someone who had recently come back to work after catching it - he too assumed he was never going to get it.

Now my wife has tested positive. Hopefully I don't catch it as we've gone unconditional on a house and we move cities in two weeks. Have barely started packing up and I need to get this place ready for renting.
Old 1st March 2023, 23:18     #3221
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
From what I can tell nothing has changed. It's still very much in the "maybe it's this, maybe it's that". The vulnerability of such labs was already understood, the problematic cutting of funding for oversight of such labs was talked about both before and after the pandemic.

All I'm seeing right now is those with a persecution complex popping their heads up to be counted once again.
RIP Huang Yanling
Old 2nd March 2023, 06:13     #3222
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Yeah - smacks of the "missing cosmonauts" photos from the '50s and '60s.
Old 10th March 2023, 23:45     #3223
MadMax
Stuff

Yeah, so I caught it, symptoms started Tuesday afternoon where I was struggling to concentrate (WFH) and quickly developed a headache. Thursday morning I nearly started work as I felt so much better after the initial nasty headache. Glad I didn’t as once I sat at my own PC my brain was telling me to fuck off with little migraine flashes every time something needed a little bit of concentration.

Last night and today I went backwards after expecting recovery. Half-blocked sinuses are a bitch and don’t help with the headache. Just now after returning from the bathroom I noticed the freakiest sparkly effect in my vision that was very similar to steel wool burning.

Have also had flashes of nausea and when my wife was cooking rice the other evening I was really struggling to handle the smell.

She had a couple of days symptoms and nothing compared to my man flu. Hoping that Mr 12 doesn’t catch it but I suspect that as he caught it last year maybe he’s better immunised than the two of us.
Old 13th March 2023, 13:32     #3224
Lightspeed

Get well mate.

Covid-19 update: 11,544 new cases, 22 deaths and 190 in hospital

Quote:
There have been 11,544 new cases of Covid-19 reported in New Zealand over the past week, and 22 further deaths.

Of the new cases, 4717 were reinfections.
Still a very serious illness. Interesting almost half of new cases are re-infections. That has to suck, thinking maybe you're through it, but you gotta go through it again.

I haven't even had the flu twice in.... 10 years, maybe 20.
Old 13th March 2023, 16:31     #3225
MadMax
Stuff

I know someone that got it three times in two months. That would suck balls.
Old 13th March 2023, 17:21     #3226
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I haven't even had the flu twice in.... 10 years, maybe 20.
i'm unsure if i've ever had the flu. maybe once.
Old 13th March 2023, 22:40     #3227
MadMax
Stuff

I suspect the steady covid numbers are gross underreporting. My wife advised a dozen staff in just her immediate department had covid and I’m hearing others talking about whole teams being taken out.
Old 13th March 2023, 22:46     #3228
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Yeah, so I caught it
Best of luck man. Everybody seems to experience it differently; it knocked me flat for a week, and I've got some "long covid" symptoms that won't go away. Annoying.
Old 14th March 2023, 20:18     #3229
MadMax
Stuff

Got a txt message informing me that my isolation period has ended and that if I’m asymptomatic then I can go out and party.

I’ve not been keeping up with the rule changes but that’s a bit naff.

I’m still testing positive and my lawyer needs to witness us signing a document so that the house we have brought can be paid for.
Old 18th March 2023, 10:45     #3230
fixed_truth

It's from Raccoon Dogs now

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...an-market-data
Old 22nd March 2023, 22:12     #3231
crocos

Quote:
I’m still testing positive
That'll happen for a while even once it's done with you and you're no longer infectious.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 13th April 2023, 13:47     #3232
wazza
*flex*

had a runny nose for a few days, so i've been doing daily 'rona tests since tuesday, finally got a positive result. knew it, my nose doesn't run.

kinda annoying, was on holiday for a week in the south island so already had a week off training, and now i need to take more time away.

interestingly, too.. this morning when i weighed myself i was 86.4kg which was a little suprising, usually more around the upper 87kg, lower 88kg range. maybe travelling will do that, was my first holiday as an adult - haha.
Old 14th April 2023, 11:14     #3233
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

How you feeling wazza?
Old 14th April 2023, 18:00     #3234
wazza
*flex*

mostly ok, i am having difficulty walking(it's like my knees have no strength and i feel like i could collapse if i'm not careful) and i only have half the feeling in my toes. quite random.

no headache(s), no real aches per se, my nose has mostly stopped running, my forehead is hella hot.

in an effort to increase mobility i'm going to mow the lawns tomorrow, should be interesting!

thanks for checking in <3
Old 16th April 2023, 21:02     #3235
MadMax
Stuff

Ah that sounds like one of the symptoms I had. At times my legs or knees felt lazy to the point I thought I might collapse without warning or as if my feet were stuck in mud and needed more energy to lift.
Old 18th April 2023, 07:13     #3236
wazza
*flex*

so i went back to f45 this morning. was quite eye opening.
i'm unable to walk down stairs without using the rail.
during the warmup i learnt i can no longer do starjumps, not even a single one.
i was managing to do burpees but they are significantly compromised.
i can no longer do squats with any meaningful amount of weight
i used to be above to bench press with 35kg dumbbells, i was struggling with 10kg
i used to be able to shoulder press 20-25kgs, i was struggling to do 4kgs
doing pullups i had to get another member to hold my hand so i could get down from the bar is(we have these stools we get up on)
i'm unable to do good mornigs, my hamstrings are so tight and there's no strength in my knees.
i used to be able to touch my hands flat to floor when doing the old 'bend over and touch your knees' test and now i can barely get my fingertips to my shins

so, tues/thurs/sun are resistance based.. the above is just an example of the difficulties i'm having. wed/fri/sat/mon are HIIT/cardio. i know for a fact i'm going to be unable to do any sprints, ladder drills, jumping of any kind, etc. i'll probably post again tomorrow with my discovery(ies).

just now at work i was filling out a sick leave form(we are paper based) and i noticed i am unable to write very well, it's like i have forgotten how to use a pen. i noticed over the last few days when i brush my teeth that my coordination is off and i struggle to complete the task. i made some toast yesterday and i was making mistakes with the knife applying butter.

i still can't feel my toes and under my feet there's heavy pins and needles on the base of my heel and my toes, if i squeeze my fingertips with my thumb i can feel pins and needles.

i'm kinda half wondering if i have a mass on my spine somewhere or i have sudden onset of cerebal palsy. when i walk i'm a complete mess. i can no longer walk in the dark, i start to fall over unless i hold on to things as i go. i notice in the shower when i was washing my hair that if i close my eyes i will fall over.

i'll see how i go anyways, i'm hoping this is something to do with covid and if i just force my normal routine upon me that shit will just come back, but this is extremely concerning
Old 18th April 2023, 07:57     #3237
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
so i went back to f45 this morning. was quite eye opening.
i'm unable to walk down stairs without using the rail.
during the warmup i learnt i can no longer do starjumps, not even a single one.
i was managing to do burpees but they are significantly compromised.
i can no longer do squats with any meaningful amount of weight
i used to be above to bench press with 35kg dumbbells, i was struggling with 10kg
i used to be able to shoulder press 20-25kgs, i was struggling to do 4kgs
doing pullups i had to get another member to hold my hand so i could get down from the bar is(we have these stools we get up on)
i'm unable to do good mornigs, my hamstrings are so tight and there's no strength in my knees.
i used to be able to touch my hands flat to floor when doing the old 'bend over and touch your knees' test and now i can barely get my fingertips to my shins

so, tues/thurs/sun are resistance based.. the above is just an example of the difficulties i'm having. wed/fri/sat/mon are HIIT/cardio. i know for a fact i'm going to be unable to do any sprints, ladder drills, jumping of any kind, etc. i'll probably post again tomorrow with my discovery(ies).

just now at work i was filling out a sick leave form(we are paper based) and i noticed i am unable to write very well, it's like i have forgotten how to use a pen. i noticed over the last few days when i brush my teeth that my coordination is off and i struggle to complete the task. i made some toast yesterday and i was making mistakes with the knife applying butter.

i still can't feel my toes and under my feet there's heavy pins and needles on the base of my heel and my toes, if i squeeze my fingertips with my thumb i can feel pins and needles.

i'm kinda half wondering if i have a mass on my spine somewhere or i have sudden onset of cerebal palsy. when i walk i'm a complete mess. i can no longer walk in the dark, i start to fall over unless i hold on to things as i go. i notice in the shower when i was washing my hair that if i close my eyes i will fall over.

i'll see how i go anyways, i'm hoping this is something to do with covid and if i just force my normal routine upon me that shit will just come back, but this is extremely concerning
TBH, "i'm unable to walk down stairs without using the rail." if you can't do that, then I would probably suggest you stay away from the gym for a few more days
Old 18th April 2023, 10:04     #3238
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Dude why the fuck are you out and about doing shit if you only tested positive on the 13th and you’re still feeling physical symptoms?
Old 18th April 2023, 10:38     #3239
fixed_truth

I know of two people who went straight into normal training after COVID and ended up with long COVID symptoms.

It sucked but I waited a a month after COVID and then very slowly eased back in over another month. Was like starting at square one again. Be safe.
Old 18th April 2023, 10:42     #3240
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://covid19.govt.nz/testing-and-...have-covid-19/