Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd June 2008, 01:02     #441
?>Superman

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4561663a12.html
Quote:
Israel has at least 150 nukes - Carter

Former President Jimmy Carter has said Israel holds at least 150 nuclear weapons, the first time a US president has publicly acknowledged the Jewish state's atomic arsenal.

Asked at a news conference at Wales's Hay literary festival on Sunday how a future US president should deal with the Iranian nuclear threat, Carter put the risk in context by listing atomic weapons held globally.

"The US has more than 12,000 nuclear weapons, the Soviet Union (Russia) has about the same, Great Britain and France have several hundred, and Israel has 150 or more. We have a phalanx of enormous weaponry ... not only of enormous weaponry but of rockets to deliver those missiles on a pinpoint accuracy target," he said, according to a transcript of his remarks.

While the existence of Israeli nuclear weapons is widely assumed, Israeli officials have never admitted their existence and US officials have stuck to that line in public for years.
Just saw this over at stuff :/
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:03     #442
Redneck

Cool!
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:06     #443
CCS
Stunt Pants

Not especially surprising.
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:07     #444
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Someone wanna remind Jimmeh Cahtuh that the Soviet Union doesn't exist any more?
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:57     #445
dead goon

They are a threat, and they must be stopped!
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:28     #446
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

I learned this the other day and found it quite disturbing....

Women, in groups so it's more acceptable, are 'fasting'. Of course, to you and me and Joe Obvious that's just starvation for a week ... but if you call it 'fasting' then it's got that whole PC-acceptable-hippy-aura around it.

Call it what you will, it's still an eating disorder. And it's messed up.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:35     #447
cEvin
Love In Vein

I've met countless people who think 'juice fasting' is a great idea for cleansing, cleaning yourself out and renewing your energy. And it's not just hippies doing it, it's disturbing.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people think it's going to make them slimmer :/
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:40     #448
StN
I have detailed files

Whatever happened to that chick who was going to go on a diet of jizz for a month?

/edit - well, she would have been buggered if the bananas ran out...

Last edited by StN : 3rd June 2008 at 12:43.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:55     #449
cEvin
Love In Vein

sounds like something liz shaw might do
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:31     #450
flic
Dee Hast Mish

The film Mish and I helped with in the 48 Hour Film Festival made it to the chch finals !!
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:49     #451
Jonas Undrawing

finally back within walking distance of work (oh ya, i had about a month or so of having to drive to and for work, which sucked). Feels good. Instead of biking or walking; I'm gonna teach myself how to ride a skateboard again. I figure if I ride everyday to and from work I'll hopefully develop some grace in movement.

Learn to ollie up gutters. All that stuff everyday.

Last edited by Jonas Undrawing : 3rd June 2008 at 13:50.
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:17     #452
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
The film Mish and I helped with in the 48 Hour Film Festival made it to the chch finals !!
well done, ours didnt get past our heat :P
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:56     #453
Draco T Bastard

The NZHerald scrapes for news - again

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10514056
Quote:
A minor impact between a car and train, which caused little or no damage or injuries, failed to cause any disruptions to train scheduling for the Western line today.
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:36     #454
Cyberbob

Quote:
A 14-year-old Boise, Idaho, girl has disappeared and is believed to be in danger after meeting a 27-year-old man on the Internet.

Police say the girl may be in the Seattle area with the man, who is wanted on a kidnapping warrant.

The girl, Saddie "Elaine" Julian, was last seen Wednesday morning. Authorities are asking for the public's help in locating her. She is described as 5 feet tall, weighing 90 pounds, with pale skin, long red hair and a thin build.

According to police, Saddie developed an online relationship with Morgan Douglas Jones, 27, of Birmingham, Ala., while playing an Internet game. Jones is described as standing 5-feet-9, weighing 160 pounds, with shoulder-length red hair and light skin. He was last seen clean-shaven.

Police believe the man drove to Boise from Alabama and picked up the teen at about 7 a.m. Wednesday. Investigators say it appears they headed west from there, and their last known location was Eastern Washington.

It's believed that the two were traveling in a bright yellow 2008 Chevy Aveo, Alabama license plate OMGROFL.

Boise police detectives are working closely with other local, state, and federal law enforcement to locate Saddie and Jones.

"Our priority is finding Saddie and making sure she's safe," said Boise Police Lt. Alan Cavener. "Her family is understandably very concerned. We hope to find her soon and be able to tell her family she's OK."

Anyone who may know the whereabouts of Saddie Julian or Morgan Douglas Jones is urged to contact Boise police through Crime Stoppers at (208) 343-COPS.
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:54     #455
Helious

While it's a pontentially bad situation, fuck that's funny!

OMGROFL!
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:06     #456
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
While it's a pontentially bad situation...
You mean the bit about gingas trying to breed?
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:12     #457
caffiend

I was more amused by what sounds like a pale, emo, internet-using teenager called 'Saddie'.

But yeah. Doesn't sound good for her, which is a bad thing.
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:12     #458
Helious

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
You mean the bit about gingas trying to breed?
HAHAHAHA~
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:13     #459
flic
Dee Hast Mish

It's Alabamba, they're obviously related.

Red heads breeding is bad enough, related red heads breeding is the 2nd sign of the apocolypse
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:18     #460
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
It's Alabamba...
"o/~ Para bail- Alabamba.
Para bail- Alabamba,
Se necesita una poca de gracia...."
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:44     #461
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cEvin
sounds like something liz shaw might do
If she tried that, she'd starve.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:37     #462
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I have an LAX phone number that gets redirected to my NZ landline. Basically costs nothing (pennies a month). Its purpose is to make my US consumer presence a little more credible.

Problem is, I've started getting telemarketers phoning me; not that I ever answer, but the answerphone messages are promising me things I bet they're not going to deliver upon.
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:42     #463
Sp0nge

do telemarketers ever deliver?

...serious question, because i've always treated phone spam the same way as email spam: straight to the bin.
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:46     #464
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
I have an LAX phone number that gets redirected to my NZ landline.
A Los Angeles International Airport number...?
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:52     #465
JP

Quote:
I have an LAX phone number that gets redirected to my NZ landline. Basically costs nothing (pennies a month). Its purpose is to make my US consumer presence a little more credible.

Problem is, I've started getting telemarketers phoning me; not that I ever answer, but the answerphone messages are promising me things I bet they're not going to deliver upon.
Yeah the telemarketers are fucking nuts in America.

My mate came over to stay with me and my gf for a holiday, and bought a pre paid cell. And somehow still got calls from people trying to sell mortgages? Most people I know there screen calls, something I believe is very rare in NZ. But somewhat of a necessity if you somehow end up on the spam call lists.
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:12     #466
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
A Los Angeles International Airport number...?
Exactly what I was wondering. Maybe GT moonlights as an air traffic controller. In which case, I'm cancelling my trip in July.
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:17     #467
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Doesn't everybody use airport codes in place of city names? I guess not :-)
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:32     #468
Juju
get to da choppa

CCD
JCX
JID
JBP
LAX
JSN
JLX
JUC
VNY
JWC
WHP
LSQ

All Los Angeles. Pls to be defined specific more.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:19     #469
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
All Los Angeles
But, that was all I was trying to convey. And, since you "got it" I succeeded.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:25     #470
crocos

Quote:
I've started getting telemarketers phoning me
Can you get your number put on the Do Not Call list?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:23     #471
doppelgänger of someone

the biggest trojan I have on my computer is called iTunes. iTunes store is simple point, click and buy, and iTunes U got lots of interesting podcasts from universities.
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:14     #472
?>Superman

^Whiskey + internet
Old 4th June 2008, 01:09     #473
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

new lotto ad with old guy looking for lost french love ftw. looks too high budget to be NZ made though...still, good choice.
Old 4th June 2008, 07:54     #474
chiQ
Frag-muff

GT, yeah, nothing wrong with it. It's just one letter extra, and I think everyone knew exactly what you meant.
Old 4th June 2008, 17:55     #475
[Malks] Pixie

Had an amusing moment whilst doing a tour of my prospective employers site - ran into a friend who I hadn't seen for maybe 6 - 8 years. Thats all good, except both of us had this moment where all we could remember was each others online nicks (I could see it in his face). Thankfully he remembered, as did I not long after (with a bit of quick observational intuition).

Still would have been amusing for the boss to hear.
"Pixie, long time no see!"
"Codeine, you're looking well!"

Pixie
Old 4th June 2008, 18:44     #476
CCS
Stunt Pants

Could be worse. Imagine if your nicks were Golden Teapot and Cyberbob.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:16     #477
Cyberbob

Transformer terrorist T-Shirt gets you booted out of planes
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1234193.ece

AIRPORT guards stopped a man boarding a plane — for wearing a Transformers T-shirt showing a cartoon gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, was shocked when he was told to change his top if he wanted to catch his flight from Heathrow’s Terminal 5.

IT consultant Brad — on a British Airways trip with four colleagues to Dusseldorf, Germany — asked to see the security chief.

He thought the boss would "see sense" — but he backed up the decision and threatened him with ARREST. Aussie-born Brad said: "My mate set off the alarms and was searched.

"But then the guy told me to stop and said ‘you cannot get on the plane because there is a gun on your T-shirt’."
Old 5th June 2008, 11:17     #478
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Seb
new lotto ad with old guy looking for lost french love ftw. looks too high budget to be NZ made though...still, good choice.
Yea, I cracked up at that ad, very well done
Had no idea it was for lotto until the very end
Old 5th June 2008, 11:39     #479
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Transformer terrorist T-Shirt gets you booted out of planes
Quote:
Last year Gatwick guards made a woman hand over a beef sandwich before boarding and last week a PhD student was stopped for wearing a gun-shaped charm necklace at an airport in Canada.
I'm sorry - a beef sandwich? Was it shaped like a bomb? Oh - I get it - it might have had BSE in it, which would make it a biological agent...
Old 5th June 2008, 12:58     #480
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Had an amusing moment whilst doing a tour of my prospective employers site - ran into a friend who I hadn't seen for maybe 6 - 8 years. Thats all good, except both of us had this moment where all we could remember was each others online nicks (I could see it in his face). Thankfully he remembered, as did I not long after (with a bit of quick observational intuition).

Still would have been amusing for the boss to hear.
"Pixie, long time no see!"
"Codeine, you're looking well!"

Pixie
Hamish and Scott..... easy. Slacker!