NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 15th November 2022, 15:01     #121
Cyberbob

All the abortion ban coverage made a hell of a lot of people single issue voters - many of which were younger.
Old 18th November 2022, 10:40     #122
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Update: Dems just lost the House, final tally gives GOP majority
Old 18th November 2022, 12:08     #123
Lightspeed

It's interesting how they've lost the House, but the Dems are now in a position to pass legislation that previously passed that House that was failing in the Senate.
Old 18th November 2022, 16:20     #124
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Update: Dems just lost the House, final tally gives GOP majority
That was pretty much the call tho, but since the Dems still have the Senate, who has more power? I'm guessing its the House given that they will probably try and impeach Biden.
Old 18th November 2022, 16:38     #125
Lightspeed

It's going to be interesting to see how the GOP positions itself. I think the extremes that have come along with Trump are falling from favour.
Old 20th November 2022, 20:59     #126
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Thumbs up

Hunter Biden probe launched by GOP: Joe Biden 'lied' to Americans
Old 21st November 2022, 06:32     #127
Cyberbob

Record inflation. Record gas prices. Record living cost increases.

First order of business: Hunter's laptop.
Old 21st November 2022, 08:34     #128
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

The US Government is not a single person who can only do one thing at once.

It's the Oversight Committee - that's what their role is - to make sure that if things are rotten, they have the ability to know that this is the case, rather than having requests and questions ignored and laws around Suspicious Activity Reports conveniently changed.

Surely Joe Biden is the one to be fixing the problems in the country, while others who are not the President can do things in parallel in the background. That's why there are multiple branches of government. And if you watched the video, you'd know they're not investigating Hunter Biden - they're investigating Joe being potentially compromised and the potential politicization of the DoJ. Stories based on fact were labelled "Russian disinformation" with signed statements from multiple "intelligence officials" saying this was the case and apparently censored the story by telling social media 15 days before the Presidential election to do this. If anything needs oversight, it's this sort of bollocks.

If your leader is corrupt/compromised, you can't just ignore it because he's running the country into the ground at a record pace. When you consider the bullshit Trump had to put up with and all the smear campaigns against him (that many people still believe to some extent), Joe's had a pretty easy run. It's about time shit got real.
Old 21st November 2022, 10:23     #129
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The House Committee on Oversight and Reform has the power to investigate things so deeply that it essentially has the power to halt government. Which is exactly what the Republican majority will use it for.
Old 21st November 2022, 14:58     #130
_Incubus_

Shoes on the other foot now, can't see this kind of thing is any big surprise...it's not like the democrats did anything other than stymie Trump's plans.
Old 3rd December 2022, 21:58     #131
Lightspeed

Old 13th January 2023, 11:10     #132
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

Special counsel to investigate classified documents found in Biden's 'personal library'

Quote:
Regardless of the Justice Department review, the revelation that Biden potentially mishandled classified or presidential records is proving to be a political headache for Biden, who said former President Donald Trump was “irresponsible” for keeping hundreds of such records at his private club in Florida.

Let he who is without mishandled classified documents cast the first stone.
Old 13th January 2023, 14:43     #133
_indigo1

BUT HILLARY!
Old 13th January 2023, 17:30     #134
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Benghazi! her emails! Whitewater!
Old 13th January 2023, 17:57     #135
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Rules for thee and not for me
Old 13th January 2023, 18:08     #136
_indigo1

It is a bit of egg on the face at a shallow clickbait headline level.

But if you think the two situations are at all comparable then you are showing some serious deficits.

But I grind at even writing this, because you already know this at some level.
So sticking with BUT HILLARY is more accurate.
Old 13th January 2023, 18:29     #137
Lightspeed

Pretty cheap score, nice timing tho for the GOP. Ugh, seeing McCarthy use the leverage to cheer for Trump is super-cringe tho.
Old 16th January 2023, 16:59     #138
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

"Biden’s classified documents scandal — growing worse by the hour — is now directly tied to Hunter Biden and his infamous laptop."

The classified documents were found at... Hunter Biden's house. Or more specifically, a house that Hunter Biden claimed to own and live at (the address on his license). If for the sake of semantics you say it's not really Hunter's house because he was actually overseas fucking hookers and doing drugs with money he was getting from corrupt dealings on behalf of his father, then fine, I accept your point.
Old 16th January 2023, 18:48     #139
_indigo1

Old 16th January 2023, 19:54     #140
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

I guess this is more like the news you want to see
Old 17th January 2023, 07:30     #141
Cyberbob

If Trump was illegally holding classified documents, he should be help responsible and be punished.

If Biden was illegally holding classified documents, he should be help responsible and be punished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Pretty cheap score, nice timing tho for the GOP.
It's DC. Everything is leverage, and kompromat is currency. I'm certain it's been known for long enough, and only got out because someone wasn't bending.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 17th January 2023 at 07:31.
Old 17th January 2023, 10:49     #142
_indigo1

@CB exactly.
The only reason it's even newsworthy is because of the Trump situation which made it noteworthy due to the egregiousness.
I bet it's been done by every bloody president and vice for decades.

Whoever has done it should be held accountable according to the proportionality of the offence, intent, and willingness to comply.

I mean. Reality shouldn't really need to be explained.
But it's 2023 and MAGA exists. Go figure.
Old 17th January 2023, 11:13     #143
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Who is Kyle Becker and why should I care what he writes in his email newsletter?
Old 17th January 2023, 12:50     #144
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
If Trump was illegally holding classified documents, he should be help responsible and be punished.

If Biden was illegally holding classified documents, he should be help responsible and be punished.
But one of these people are an infallible God-King. So... what to do? Screeching seems popular.
Old 17th January 2023, 14:35     #145
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I know that charging your kids rent/board while they're at home teaches them valuable life lessons, but charging them $49,910 a month seems a bit much. I'm going to assume it includes meals and laundering.
Old 26th January 2023, 13:38     #146
Lightspeed

Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama say they have no classified documents

This whole mess is because Trump breached protocol and refused to return documents it was identified he had.

Quote:
Former President Jimmy Carter's materials aren't governed by the same law, The Carter Center says.
Aww, bless. Jimmy's a real one.
Old 26th January 2023, 17:08     #147
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Jimmy has tearfully confessed to hoarding classified documents in his heart.
Old 26th January 2023, 17:09     #148
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I did not think of that line myself
Old 18th February 2023, 21:42     #149
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Biden Laptop Report

Prepared by the Marco Polo non-profit research group - whoever they are. I'm not sure it really matters who they are if even half of the content is accurate. I haven't read through this entire report, but there's 600+ pages of details/commentary of what was found on the laptop. I've read bits and pieces, and it's not a particularly good look. Clearly my opinion means nothing to the President of the USA, but I'm sure there are American citizens and law enforcement officers that will learn these things and do whatever is necessary/possible. Who knows.

The "Influence Peddling" section applies to Joe Biden, but this entire situation affects Joe Biden's reputation, and likely exposes corruption that is linked to more than just Joe alone. Corruption is corruption, so it might still just be for nothing.

I don't really have anything to say which isn't obvious - just sharing the content since it's the first "all-in-one" report I've seen which is more than just a few random photos of Hunter smoking crack with prostitutes.
Old 20th February 2023, 09:53     #150
Cyberbob

Great, but i mean, this isn't exactly a reputable journal.

They're a "non profit research group exposing corruption and blackmail to drive an American renaissance." which is just MAGA with extra steps.

From the makers of "A plandemic with Chinese characteristics" and "China + Italy = Rat King", heavily featured in OAN and New York Post, and a key proponent of Truth Social.

I'd prefer something from someone without a massive incentive to make it as good/bad as humanly possible.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 20th February 2023 at 09:55.
Old 20th February 2023, 17:36     #151
_indigo1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxONnsOSwN4&t=154s
Old 22nd April 2023, 03:00     #152
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:

NY Times: Ex-CIA chief spills on how he got spies to write false Hunter Biden laptop letter to ‘help Biden’

Not at all hypocritical and corrupt.
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:50     #153
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Taibbi:

Quote:

It transpires that the infamous incident before the 2020 election in which 50 former intelligence officials signed an open letter declared a New York Post expose about Hunter Biden's laptop to have the “classic earmarks of a Russian information operation” was, allegedly at least, instigated at the behest of the Joe Biden campaign. This at least is the allegation in a letter to Secretary of State Anthony Blinken released by Jim Jordan, chair of the House Judiciary Committee, and Subcommittee on the Weaponization of Government.

By any marker, this is an enormous news story. If we go by the usual measuring stick of American scandal, the Watergate story, this potentially meets or exceed that, on almost every level. Does it reach into the current White House? Check. Was it a craven attempt to subvert the electoral process? Check again. Did a presidential candidate engineer a massive public deception? Yes, resoundingly. Did it involve intelligence agencies? Yes, and these weren’t amateurs like Nixon’s plumbers. These were 50 of the most powerful people in the intelligence world — including five former heads or acting heads of the Agency in Morell, John Brennan, Leon Panetta, Michael Hayden, and John McLughlin — conspiring to meddle in domestic politics on a grand scale.
Old 28th April 2023, 22:46     #154
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

Joe Biden: "We can only re-elect Donald Trump"

This man is losing his mind.
Old 25th May 2023, 19:37     #155
Lightspeed

Re: the debt ceiling.

Biden is supposedly negotiating with McCarthy to get a bill from the House the Democractic Senate will sign. But McCarthy is basically a puppet for Trump's bloc in the House.

Maybe it just goes through the usual theatrics before getting raised. But maybe this is where things start to ramp up for Trump's push for the presidency? Try force some dramatic action from Biden?
Old 26th May 2023, 07:23     #156
blynk

Quote:
Re: the debt ceiling.

Biden is supposedly negotiating with McCarthy to get a bill from the House the Democractic Senate will sign. But McCarthy is basically a puppet for Trump's bloc in the House.

Maybe it just goes through the usual theatrics before getting raised. But maybe this is where things start to ramp up for Trump's push for the presidency? Try force some dramatic action from Biden?
Definitely theatrics which usually get resolved. But we also know the republicans hypocrisy of late of these things (re: supreme judge nominations). so you might be right, they may decide to really fuck things up
Old 30th May 2023, 13:28     #157
Lightspeed

Looks like the price was just a bit more oppression for poor people.

Poor GenXers without dependents targeted by debt ceiling work requirements

Quote:
Republicans argue that the work requirements encourage people to get back to work.
I feel this in the pit of my stomach knowing the nightmare work environments that the US government is trying to compel people into.

Not that such work environments don't exist in volume around the world, a source of many of our cheap goods.
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:01     #158
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Biden trips and falls

Not really a significant event, but we all had to watch Trump be careful down a ramp, so watch this m0f0 fall.
Old 2nd June 2023, 21:28     #159
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Biden trips and falls

Not really a significant event, but we all had to watch Trump be careful down a ramp, so watch this m0f0 fall.
OMG even with something like this the WHATABOUTHILLARY is showing.
🤦
Old 3rd June 2023, 01:38     #160
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Or you could just see an old man falling over.

Up to you bro.

If this is your hero, well done.