NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 6th November 2016, 10:33     #1
fixed_truth

NZ vs IRELAND

So . . . . . best comeback eva (I hope1!!1)
Old 6th November 2016, 11:09     #2
fixed_truth

Fuck, too many mistakes at the end threw it away. Oh well, GG Ireland they deserved to win.

Also congrats Cyprus you're still no 1
Old 6th November 2016, 11:45     #3
JERI

Kinda gutted the All Blacks lost their 100+ year long win streak against Ireland, but Ireland played well and deserved the win.

Hope the All Blacks thrash them in Dublin
Old 7th November 2016, 09:21     #4
reac
Min Sicker Reac

For a little while I thought we might pull off the greatest of escapes, but no. Ireland played very well and were certainly the better team, but I also hope we get them next time!
Old 7th November 2016, 11:56     #5
_Incubus_

GG Ireland, but goes to show how much of a powerhouse Whitelock and Retallick are in the go forward of the AB's...our Line out was shaky and we didn't have the front foot go forward ball and the close in passes to forwards battering away really was a way off where we normally play when those 2 are on the pitch.
Old 7th November 2016, 12:05     #6
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Smith was woeful. What the fuck was he doing on the field as starting #9?
Old 7th November 2016, 12:36     #7
_Incubus_

Yes, he was shocking...how do you go from being the worlds best halfback to that in the space of a few weeks??? The poor kid has had his confidence shattered over that toilet affair. Bit like Tiger Woods after his scandal...not that this is in the same league but he's clearly had a confidence battering.
Old 7th November 2016, 12:41     #8
fixed_truth

Rattue doesn't hold back:
Quote:
The arrogance I refer to was the selection of halfback Aaron Smith, whose performance was at the heart of the problems.

And the stupidity of selecting him ahead of TJ Perenara, whose form and all round game was made for the physical threat that Ireland posed, came across as a two-fingered salute to those suggesting the pecking order was, remarkably, under challenge.

It didn't give enough credence to the Irish threat either.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news...ectid=11743285
Old 7th November 2016, 12:48     #9
_Incubus_

The work under the high ball from pretty much all of the AB's was pretty shit I thought...The Irish managed to pressure our catch returns very very well...
Old 7th November 2016, 13:34     #10
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
However, I wouldn't have cared if Wales bet them and broke the losing streak
I said it about Wales, and Ireland fell into this category too.

Hopefully this may lift future games against them to be even more interesting contests now that the record is broken.

But 1 game doesn't mean the All Blacks are broken, when we lose 4+ in a season, then we might have something to worry about.
Old 7th November 2016, 14:56     #11
Cyberbob

This.

Old 7th November 2016, 16:35     #12
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
Kinda gutted the All Blacks lost their 100+ year long win streak against Ireland, but Ireland played well and deserved the win.
Maybe there is a picture coming to commemorate the win
Old 20th November 2016, 05:55     #13
JERI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Maybe there is a picture coming to commemorate the win
Well, here's a picture to hype the game tonight instead
Old 20th November 2016, 06:33     #14
Deadmeat

Fizzing!
Old 20th November 2016, 07:05     #15
Deadmeat

Irish commentators banging on and on about whitelocks tackle and nothing about sexton taking Barrett around the neck on the try.. Even ausi commentators aren't that one eyed. Every tackle is a shoulder charge seemingly.
Old 20th November 2016, 07:09     #16
fixed_truth

Fukin inconsistent ref
Old 20th November 2016, 08:33     #17
JERI

In all honest I think the All Blacks played pretty crap. There were simply too many penalties conceded and unforced errors.

The Irish however, were only able to pocket 9 points. I guess they've depleted their stocks to achieve that win two weeks ago
Old 20th November 2016, 11:32     #18
fixed_truth

Quote:
"All you want the ref to do is be consistent. That's all I'll say about that," said Hansen, when quizzed about referee Jaco Peyper pinging the All Blacks at almost 4-1 in the count, and losing Aaron Smith and Malakai Fekitoa to the sinbin.
But yeah Ireland having a lot of possession meant we couldn't attack and thus score points. The late subs seems to be more effective this week plus as mentioned towards the end Ireland looked a bit spend. The last few games will be interesting as it looks like Aus/SA made us look a bit better than we really are . . .
Old 21st November 2016, 12:29     #19
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Ireland have learned the lesson that for some reason has eluded most other opponents, which is if you kick the ball to a backline that counts B Barrett, Smith, and Dagg among its number you are just asking to get counterattackreamed.

I have NFI why Aaron Smith is our starting halfback.