i lolled
Old 21st August 2016, 14:41     #4
CCS
Stunt Pants

Cunning linguist

lololololol
Old 21st August 2016, 19:23     #5
Macca@Work

Hi Micheal you're suppossed to give the other coach shit AFTER you beat his team.
Old 21st August 2016, 20:01     #6
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Wallabies were soft. Like, totally unprepared for the physicality of the ABs game. But the ABs weren't playing any harder than we'd expect, so... wtf? The Wallabies made it to a World Cup final not that long ago, but last night's team wouldn't win a Super Rugby match.
Old 21st August 2016, 20:54     #7
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Its not even fun to watch when they just crush teams like that.
Old 21st August 2016, 21:25     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I saw a comment on twitter last night from an aussie fan, something like "how can you expect to beat a team in which every player on the field can run and catch and look for pop passes". What.

Those are basic skills that kids are supposed to know before highschool, not uber elite secret knowledge that professionals learn. I think what we're seeing now is the shitty outcome of the shitty things that Australian rugby management did 15, 20 years ago. Pouring money into buying shitty league players because of the media value rather than growing the game at the grassroots level. Simple stuff like that.
Old 21st August 2016, 22:26     #9
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I saw a comment on twitter last night from an aussie fan, something like "how can you expect to beat a team in which every player on the field can run and catch and look for pop passes". What.
But he's joking, right? Right?

Quote:
rather than growing the game at the grassroots level.
Too much competition from the likes of Aussie Rules and League for kid's attention?
Old 22nd August 2016, 07:20     #10
orpheus
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Its not even fun to watch when they just crush teams like that.
This. I went to bed at half time.

Bring on the Boks!
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:14     #11
Macca@Work

I wonder if anyone in Straya Rugby are thinking they got rid of Dingo too soon...
Old 29th August 2016, 07:50     #12
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I dunno if even the Boks are gonna be much more interesting to watch, they just got beat down by the Pumas....
Old 29th August 2016, 12:16     #13
blynk

And were close to losing last week in South Africa.
Old 29th August 2016, 15:06     #14
Deadmeat

How stoked were the Pumas though, love watching that
Old 29th August 2016, 15:49     #15
pxpx

So was Franks' gouge a gouge? Why no citation or complaints (aside from Rugby twitter)?
Old 29th August 2016, 15:53     #16
CCS
Stunt Pants

I don't think he was gouging, but he was certainly interfering with the guy's face and probably should've been yellow carded. It might be that the only reason he didn't gouge is that he couldn't get a good finger hold and ended up rubbing that guy's face instead!
Old 29th August 2016, 17:02     #17
blynk

He should of at least been cited, and then decide what happened.
Not just be dismissed immediately.

It shows that he did have his arm around his neck/shoulder, then moved to his face, then moved back again.
Old 29th August 2016, 18:11     #18
BoyWonder

It looked like he was just trying to be annoying by getting his hand in his face rather than anything dangerous, but really, do you even have to do that to a bewildered wallaby to get some advantage?
Old 29th August 2016, 20:03     #19
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm sure that SANZAR has more video of this than I do, so if SANZAR says no need for a citing who am I to argue?
Old 29th August 2016, 20:37     #20
CCS
Stunt Pants

Tell u wat tho

Phipps throws Fekitoa's boot into crowd

What a sad guy. Poor Aussie having a tanty 'cos he sucks and his team sucks.
Old 29th August 2016, 20:39     #21
pxpx

Now that is funny.
Old 29th August 2016, 20:41     #22
CCS
Stunt Pants

Dude wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it. He was just full on hurling it like a quarter back.
Old 29th August 2016, 23:41     #23
JERI

While I delight in watching the ABs defeat the Wallabies. Part of me does feel sad to see a former All Blacks rival decline so much.

Old 29th August 2016, 23:59     #24
CCS
Stunt Pants

Laugh

Great stuff! Now do one of an Aussie hurling a boot away like it's a one-way boomerang!
Old 30th August 2016, 06:38     #25
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I don't think he was gouging, but he was certainly interfering with the guy's face and probably should've been yellow carded. It might be that the only reason he didn't gouge is that he couldn't get a good finger hold and ended up rubbing that guy's face instead!
I reckon Franks picked his arse and wanted to share the scent with the Strayan guy.
Old 30th August 2016, 06:38     #26
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I reckon Franks picked his arse and wanted to share the scent with the Strayan guy.
Old 30th August 2016, 09:00     #27
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Maybe, but its not a good time to do it when their head is above the maul. You are just asking for trouble.
Old 30th August 2016, 09:59     #28
pxpx

I'm guessing this is why Franks hasnt been cited:
https://gfycat.com/HighlevelLiveCow
Old 30th August 2016, 12:04     #29
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
While I delight in watching the ABs defeat the Wallabies. Part of me does feel sad to see a former All Blacks rival decline so much.

win
Old 1st September 2016, 16:48     #30
crocos

Is Aussie coach Cheika off the reservation?
http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/08/29...ka-gone-rogue/

(Via Rincey)

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 3rd September 2016, 18:49     #31
Macca@Work

Hey Cheika fuck off and die.k thanx bi
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:48     #32
reac
Min Sicker Reac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
Hey Cheika fuck off and die.k thanx bi
As applicable as ever. Clown indeed.
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:22     #33
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

To be fair, I thought that the try should have stood. Fuck off TMO, if I wanted to watch a sport where everything is determined by slow-mo replays I'd watch American Football. Yeah Savea was impeded, but fuck who cares - it would have been a nice try.

That said, once again the All Blacks have a good fair tussle for 65 minutes and then go apeshit in the last 15 because they're fresh and fit and the opposition looks tired. Take all that skill and then add pure fitness and the outcome is inevitable. Whoever is in charge of conditioning at ABs HQ, give that man or woman a beer.

By my quick reckoning the 2015 World Rugby Coach of the Year has just lost two international series in a row with 3-0 whitewashes. Nice work Cheika.
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:59     #34
xor

Was talking to a guy who was in charge of strength and conditioning for Canterbury and he reckons one of the key factors when picking the forwards was picking the guys who were quickest from ruck to ruck, rather than picking the strongest.
Old 23rd October 2016, 21:27     #35
reac
Min Sicker Reac

Yeah, I'd agree they were hard done by, although barging a chasing player off his line is hardly the height of good sportsmanship.

That decision alone didn't cost them the game, though, and that and all the whining about the respect that they weren't getting makes him look like a bit of a petulant dick.

Also, the Black Ferns smashed the crap out of the Wallaroos in the curtain raiser, altogether a black day for the convicts.
Old 24th October 2016, 07:20     #36
fixed_truth

Upside down

I though that had Savea not been impeded there was decent chance he could have tackled Speight.

Also motherfuckers act like they forgot about Cyprus
Old 24th October 2016, 07:32     #37
blynk

I agree, when I saw it happen I thought it was bad, but after seeing it again it wouldn't have mattered.

But, on the flip side, I believe Coles was interferred enough done the other end when going for the loose ball.
He had his right arm taken out which would have been the arm he used to ground the ball.
So swings and roundabouts
Old 24th October 2016, 07:32     #38
blynk

I agree, when I saw it happen I thought it was bad, but after seeing it again it wouldn't have mattered.

But, on the flip side, I believe Coles was interferred enough done the other end when going for the loose ball.
He had his right arm taken out which would have been the arm he used to ground the ball.
So swings and roundabouts
Old 24th October 2016, 12:31     #39
Deadmeat

Seriously, Coles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcszGqI7EUs
2:04, that fucking pass.

(trigger warning: muzak)
Old 24th October 2016, 14:08     #40
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

ahahaha I already knew which pass it would be before watching

There were a couple of Coles moments on Saturday that deserve to be in that video.