leadinjector

the fuck is a beltway
Old 30th September 2014, 13:02     #42
Spink

an american idiom that labour politicians have no business using
Old 30th September 2014, 13:09     #43
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interst...apital_Beltway)

Old 30th September 2014, 13:15     #44
fixed_truth

I think Robertson would be a terrible choice. But there's really no one else to mount a leadership challenge with.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:27     #45
pxpx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_the_Beltway
Old 30th September 2014, 13:29     #46
leadinjector

maybe im thick but i still dont see what the fuck that has to do with a gay man drinking beer and listening to weird music
Old 30th September 2014, 13:31     #47
Spink

It's Washington D.C. if that helps at all.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:34     #48
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
It's Washington D.C. if that helps at all.
no sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
Old 30th September 2014, 13:36     #49
Spink

There are buildings like this there,

Old 30th September 2014, 13:37     #50
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
I think Robertson would be a terrible choice. But there's really no one else to mount a leadership challenge with.
The Labour party is waking up to a world of existential pain. Or, rather, it's not waking up to it - which is itself part of the problem.

Question the first: what is the Labour Party's reason for existence?

Question the second: does it have a person willing and able to lead it to some sort of future in which it continues to have a reason for existence?

Right now I think (2) is "no", and (1) is "ummmm I don't know".

Edit update: quoth Dimpost,

Quote:
Labour seem to have gotten themselves into this weird position where they have (a) a leadership contest and (b) a long, extensive review of the party and its poor performance, meaning that they’ll either have to wait for the outcome of the review and have no leader for a good while, or decide on their leader before the review is done. So that’s pretty stupid.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:41     #51
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
maybe im thick but i still dont see what the fuck that has to do with a gay man drinking beer and listening to weird music
It doesn't have anything to do with beltway but Mallard doesn't realise that. Because he’s a fucking idiot. Labour are making the issue of his gayness worse by over-reacting to perceived attacks.

Last edited by pxpx : 30th September 2014 at 13:42.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:56     #52
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Robertson is the worst candidate you could possibly imagine.

A fat, white, gay, childless Wellingtonian who has this for a CV:

Otago Student Union
United Nations
Office of Helen Clark
Labour MP

... and who has, for two elections in a row, seen Labour in THIRD PLACE in his home electorate's Party vote.

I'm FUCKING INSPIRED.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:04     #53
leadinjector

whatever do you mean, lifelong politicans who make a living out of sucking at the teat of our country are super popular. look at that cadaver in disguise winston peters.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:17     #54
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

Labour have already had a gay leader/PM, so why this guy's sexuality is an issue strikes me as fucking strange for the "liberal left".
Old 30th September 2014, 15:20     #55
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

James Dann, 2014 Labour candidate in Ilam, writes to David Cunliffe.

http://publicaddress.net/9490

Read it, then do this:

Old 30th September 2014, 16:58     #56
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
... and who has, for two elections in a row, seen Labour in THIRD PLACE in his home electorate's Party vote.

I'm FUCKING INSPIRED.
Errr, is it not completely obvious to everyone else that Party Vote has NOTHING to do with local MP?

The leader of the party and what the party stands for is what determines a Party Vote.
Old 30th September 2014, 17:08     #57
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The party vote determines who the government is. In other words, it's the important bit. If you're a Labour MP and your electorate consistently rejects your party, the question "what are you doing about it?" has to be asked.
Old 30th September 2014, 23:35     #58
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Smash all their TVs and computers so they never see anything about Cunliffe...
Old 1st October 2014, 07:50     #59
pxpx

Cunliffe needs to bow out of the leadership race man, his poor wife is going nuts about it, can't be good.

Dude needs to forget his pride and think about his family.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...itter-potshots
Old 1st October 2014, 08:06     #60
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh jesus
Old 1st October 2014, 08:22     #61
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lolbour
Old 1st October 2014, 08:34     #62
spigalau

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
the fuck is a beltway
Beltway = Ring Road. Or in DC's eyes a Ring Route, so he's probably trying to double entendre, making fun of GR's pleasure passage.
Old 1st October 2014, 09:39     #63
Spink

The likelihood of hitting a deer inside DC is like 1 in 734, but the chance of hitting one in Virginia is 1 in 88, makes u think.
Old 1st October 2014, 09:44     #64
CCS
Stunt Pants

When David Cunliffe said "I have only just become aware of this Twitter account," what he really should have said was "Aware of it? Hell, I was the first follower!"

This guy wants to be the Prime Minister. Can you imagine that? Every time he gets criticised, his missus would start a twitter account to mouth off.
Old 1st October 2014, 09:46     #65
Spink

Well, he is sorry for being a man. He can't exactly turn around and act like he has any influence over his wife's actions at all.

Last edited by Spink : 1st October 2014 at 09:46. Reason: control to influence, lol fuck you lightspeed you pedantic little cunt
Old 1st October 2014, 12:36     #66
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
When David Cunliffe said "I have only just become aware of this Twitter account," what he really should have said was "Aware of it? Hell, I was the first follower!"

This guy wants to be the Prime Minister. Can you imagine that? Every time he gets criticised, his missus would start a twitter account to mouth off.
At the risk of being seen defending Cunliffe, I buy into his explanation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCunny
Speaking to APNZ this morning Mr Cunliffe stood by his comments, saying his staff operated his @DavidCunliffeMP account and automatically follow anyone who follows him or mentions him in a tweet.

"I do not control my Twitter account or who it follows. It's done through staff, my social media team follow hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands of people," he said.

"It's standard protocol that anybody who follows us or mentions my handle gets a follow back unless they're a known troll. So that's how there's a follow from my account to what turned out to be Karen's account.
Old 1st October 2014, 13:30     #67
pxpx

Lets test that explanation... he does follow Abs twitter.
Old 1st October 2014, 13:44     #68
CCS
Stunt Pants

That's weird. It brings up more questions than answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleoil
Earlier this morning I called David Cunliffe a liar for saying he didn’t know about his wife’s @TarnBabe67 Twitter account because he was the first to “Follow” it with his own Twitter account.

Turns out this was impossible.

Just a few points though.

– All of David Cunliffe’s Twitter communications in his name since the Christchurch East byelection weren’t actually from David at all. None of them.

– His own staff don’t want him to have access to his own Twitter account and had him “locked out”.

– If you can’t be trusted with a Twitter account, why is anyone happy to give him a country to run?

– What does this say about his own staff’s trust in his ability to stay on message?

– What other ‘social media activities’ are his staff involved with?

– Was it David Cunliffe’s staff then that was in cahoots with Karen Price / @Tarnbabe67 / Mrs Cunliffe?
http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/10/co...avid-cunliffe/

Cunliffe's twitter account may well follow hundreds of people, but how did it come to follow Mrs Cunliffe's account?

Neither Cunliffe nor his wife can be trusted with Twitter. Can you trust them to run the country?
Old 1st October 2014, 15:21     #69
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It's possible that he's got some sort of auto-follow bot running on his account, like "if a user mentions @davidcunliffemp then automatically follow that user".
Old 1st October 2014, 15:25     #70
pxpx

There's no auto-follow bot, or if there is, it's been switched off. I did an @ mention and a follow today with no action.
Old 1st October 2014, 20:17     #71
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Who cares. It's not unusual to have a team of people look after social media accounts.
Old 1st October 2014, 20:22     #72
chubby

Laugh

^^ c'mon... let the trivial minded hate on trivia.
it makes them happy.
Old 1st October 2014, 20:37     #73
chubby

speaking of 'beltway'...

Quote:
What is ‘beltway’? Let me be blunt, ‘beltway’ is a term used to describe a person who is a political apparatchik within the Wellington clique who manages to only express the most negative stereotypes of that political process. A person born and bred within the Party who has mastered the ability to climb the slippery poll of politics with no external life experience.
not bad.
you should read.

http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2014/10/01...mping-for-war/
Old 1st October 2014, 20:46     #74
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Joe
Who cares. It's not unusual to have a team of people look after social media accounts.
Nonetheless, doesn't change the fact that Cunliffe's wife is mouthing off on Twitter because she's angry that Mr Cunliffe lost. He is claiming that he doesn't know what his wife is up to behind his back because his advisors have banned him from Twitter.

Dysfunctional? Yoobetcha.
Old 2nd October 2014, 22:07     #75
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Nonetheless, doesn't change the fact that Cunliffe's wife is mouthing off on Twitter because she's angry that Mr Cunliffe lost. He is claiming that he doesn't know what his wife is up to behind his back because his advisors have banned him from Twitter.

Dysfunctional? Yoobetcha.
Agree, another monumental fuck up. My point was more that we're long past proving n & n+1.
Old 14th October 2014, 12:50     #76
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Commence Operation Circular Firing Squad

http://thestandard.org.nz/dear-david-shearer/
Old 14th October 2014, 15:35     #77
spigalau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Commence Operation Circular Firing Squad

http://thestandard.org.nz/dear-david-shearer/
More like Russian Roulette with a belt fed M249

On the positive side, wouldn't need a full belt either.
Old 14th October 2014, 16:47     #78
spigalau

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...our-leadership

Monty Python couldn't script this better
Old 14th October 2014, 16:51     #79
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Kudos to the web team at stuff, that permalink is gold
Old 14th October 2014, 17:10     #80
CCS
Stunt Pants

Someone is gonna have to remind me what Nanaia Mahuta has ever done.