does he have it?!
Old 11th September 2010, 16:35     #2
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

hahaha, first touch, offloads. TRY.
Old 11th September 2010, 16:38     #3
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

second touch, smashed his way through, bouncing foes like there's no tomorrow, jonah styles.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:17     #4
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

heh, Sonny was the final offloader for each of the 3 tries. he's having a mint one, imo.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:20     #5
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

yep he's playing well, that offload for the 2nd try was crazy .. that's a huge back line Canterbury have 12/13/14 all > 105kgs!
Old 11th September 2010, 17:21     #6
SickBo@Work

Aside from that last play.
Old 14th September 2010, 09:13     #7
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

SBW is never going to have the finesse of a play making 12 so he's going to have to muscle his way past Fruen for Canterbury which won't be easy. He could play 12 in the All Blacks with Conrad at 13.
Old 14th September 2010, 09:29     #8
crocos

Oi mods! Can we get this moved to the Rugby forum? Maybe even a merge with this thread? Chur!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 14th September 2010, 09:38     #9
Sarge

Nonu approves of him ... I say good stuff
Old 14th September 2010, 10:53     #10
Heresy
yawn.

Impressed with his offloads in the game. Hope to see him do well in Super rugby next year. IMO his chances of a call-up for the end-of-year tour are pretty slim - although Graham Henry has been known to pick his favourite players, especially of the large Polynesian variety (not racist), so it's not impossible... depends how big the squad is, I guess.
Old 14th September 2010, 15:44     #11
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy
IMO his chances of a call-up for the end-of-year tour are pretty slim
I think if they want him for the world cup it would be good idea to take him on tour.
Old 15th September 2010, 00:57     #12
QWERTY?

I would say the union will be putting pressure on his selection, purely just to get some more interest in the AB's (potentially pushing up advertising deals etc), even if he flops they'll get a tonne of media exposure.
Old 15th September 2010, 10:06     #13
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Henry was already interviewed about this and he says he's told the NZRFU that it will be his decision whether SBW has done enough to make the end of year tour, there are no special cases. That's what he SAYS though of course :P
Old 15th September 2010, 10:16     #14
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
SBW is never going to have the finesse of a play making 12 so he's going to have to muscle his way past Fruen for Canterbury which won't be easy. He could play 12 in the All Blacks with Conrad at 13.
Disagree. A 12 is a distributor and an offloader. He's shown how fucken ace he is at offloading so he's a 12 imo.
Old 15th September 2010, 15:57     #15
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Disagree. A 12 is a distributor and an offloader. He's shown how fucken ace he is at offloading so he's a 12 imo.
The concern will be against Oz or SA, and the ratio of offloads that work vs don't work.

I recall many times with the warriors when the offloads got pushed too much. As long as he has a brain of when to pass normally, take the tackle and put ball to ground or when to offload.
Old 16th September 2010, 07:33     #16
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
The concern will be against Oz or SA, and the ratio of offloads that work vs don't work.

I recall many times with the warriors when the offloads got pushed too much. As long as he has a brain of when to pass normally, take the tackle and put ball to ground or when to offload.
He seems to have it figured out so far!
Old 16th September 2010, 08:22     #17
blynk

What? Against Northland.
Admittedly I did not see the game, but are northland really going to put the same pressure, and hits, and tackles etc that an International team will do.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:42     #18
Deadmeat

I flicked on and caught 2 of his try setups, the 1st i saw (the 2nd try, clicked on 15min or so in) the offload came back sure but was a bit loose and it seemed a bit touch and go, rather than a ball directed at a player he knew was there. the 2nd (3rd) he just ran a good line and got passed the ball. He also made his fair share of mistakes, knocked on when someone actually tackled him in what looked like a hit that surprised him as though he was assuming he'd get the offload away. Also a penalty for entry which will be part learning and part luck (someone show me the 'gate' ;o ). Didn't watch the 2nd half.

At this point i'd say he's looking good, but he needs to maintain and show he is learning the game if he hopes to make it. He definitely looked like he was looking for work on the field though so good luck to him.
Old 18th September 2010, 14:48     #19
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

round 2

http://www.vipstand.net/watch/5633/1...anterbury.html

dun dun dun!
Old 19th September 2010, 22:37     #20
Lord Pidgington

Cheesy grin

Haha. SBW caused two tries this time around. No complaints from me though, it was fucking great to watch the Naki sink Canterbury.

Now, if only Wellington had the talent to beat them at home next week. God knows how the fuck Wellington is going to remain competitive in this tournament once Gear goes off to 7s duty.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:13     #21
xor

lol, dropped
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:29     #22
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pidgington
Haha. SBW caused two tries this time around. No complaints from me though, it was fucking great to watch the Naki sink Canterbury.

Now, if only Wellington had the talent to beat them at home next week. God knows how the fuck Wellington is going to remain competitive in this tournament once Gear goes off to 7s duty.
Huh? Wellington are doomed buddy, you might as well get used to it, they don't have a shit show of making the semi's and they sure as hell aren't going to even come close to beating Canterbury this weekend. Wellington will lose Savea to 7's duty too so they're toast.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:35     #23
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Dude needs to hit the gym, his arms look a bit girly.
Old 25th September 2010, 16:33     #24
xor

The guy is seriously roided out! Would love to know what multi he takes.
Old 25th September 2010, 20:23     #25
Lord Pidgington

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Huh? Wellington are doomed buddy, you might as well get used to it, they don't have a shit show of making the semi's and they sure as hell aren't going to even come close to beating Canterbury this weekend. Wellington will lose Savea to 7's duty too so they're toast.
Thought we'd lose a lot more to Canterbury than that, so, I'm not too distraught all in all. Better with Treeby and Mathewson back in the frame.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:33     #26
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

what Lord Pigeon said: we came a lot closer than I thought we would, and even up to the final seconds I thought we might sneak a draw.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:16     #27
fobski

no doubting his attacking quality, just needs to get schooled in defense by going on tour with the ab's and a decent season of super 15 and should fix those holes up.

Haters gonna hate but When you have that amount of muscle ready to come on off the bench its gotta demoralize the other team.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:54     #28
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

lollers gonna lol.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:54     #29
StN
I have detailed files

First visit back to AMI post-quake. Only damage I saw was a bit of cracked Gib when I walked to the dunny. Then again, most of it is concrete outside of the two lounges.
Old 30th July 2015, 10:05     #30
blynk

Sonny felt lied too
This makes me dislike him more and more (and completely dispise Khoder Nasser & Mundine).

Based on this, he basically packed a sad because he only got a few minutes off the bench.

What a bunch of wankers
Old 30th July 2015, 12:22     #31
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Reads to me more like an excerpt from an article about Anthony Mundine.

Kent's a league writer though, probably hates the fact that SBW was even playing rugby.