NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th April 2002, 16:37     #41
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

In Juice's 2nd photo thats Eraser in the leather jacket standing behind me and LV
Old 18th April 2002, 16:41     #42
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Originally posted by Juju

Which one are you? I dont recognise you anywhere

Thankfully I have been graced with not being photographed (except extreme bg) at lans. Except one..which isn't here

Oh and I couldn't find my/Jodi's lan photos..only I I could find is a rather unglamourous one of Borg. Jodi must have filed them away somewhere.
Black tshirt with yellow-looking Machine Head logo on the front.. looking over o9's shoulder as he plays Quake.
Old 18th April 2002, 16:51     #43
Juju
get to da choppa

shit it is too..ahahah

Not use to seeing you without bleached spiky hair.
Old 18th April 2002, 16:56     #44
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Originally posted by Juju
shit it is too..ahahah

Not use to seeing you without bleached spiky hair.
!$*(&!(*

i haven't had it like that since 7th form (1999)
Old 18th April 2002, 23:28     #45
Juice

Laugh

Brad/Whippy, cheers for the extra photos guys. I'm actually in the third to last pic bradman posted, closest to the back wall on the left in what looks like a dark blue T-shirt. The significant feature of that shot being Skunk's shaved head towering over everyone in the middle.

Remember my first meeting with Skunk and McNasty at Hamlan. Outside in the dark, was like FUCK! These guys were bigger than me (6'3" 100kgs), but we soon confirmed the philosophy behind clan Dak and all was well.

Triki, yeah I remember you at Auck1, sat behind the UF table playing mp3's at volume through speakers during matches when it was meant to be headphones only. Was going to have a word but Manic was like 'Nah that’s only Triki, he's OK man....' . You used to crack me up as TrikiGelfling on the Gen server in vanilla.

Rince, Drinksmatch....gonna come and carve that into your gravestone if I'm still around.....hmmm, thinking about it, I bet it's already in your will .

Cinc, I think Manic is taking 30 hard enough, don't make him stare down the barrel of 35 just yet, some of us poor bastards will beat him to it anyway.

Brad, missed you at sexappeals BBQ dude.

Other amusements at early biglans. People having it suggested to them that in trash talk isn't quite as anonymous as when sitting next to your favourite cuddly toy in the bedroom at home. Waking up sore under tables with a room full of equally smelly geeks with only warm alcohol for breakfast. Hunting for the crap bit of coax in the chain......
Old 19th April 2002, 01:03     #46
mantis

is Baal . Baal from quakeworld FFA?
Old 19th April 2002, 01:47     #47
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by GoD Robo
omg D: memories
hopefully meeting up with zerobc and sd tomorrow for tool?
Oh really? , fuck man well tell ya what , tonight I lost my Palmy virginity and it was the first time I've been to this big bad town. I'm up for metting any welly NZ-Gamers and especially my favourite ex-clan pats from WIZ like Shift/Alpine, please get a hold of me tomorrow on 021 1126448 and I'll meet up with yas

-Zero
Old 19th April 2002, 02:54     #48
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Zero - 12pm BNZ foodcourt - NZG lunch
Old 19th April 2002, 07:37     #49
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Bluewink

Quote:
Originally posted by Juice
Brad/Whippy, cheers for the extra photos guys.
I have a whole bunch of other ones ... someone (not me) should get them all and put them on a nostalgia page.

I especially like that pic of Inc and Rince posing ... Right Rincey? Mwahahaha ...
Old 19th April 2002, 08:04     #50
bradman

Yeah Juice - I was a Slack Bastard on that one... had to do some work during the day and then debz piked out on going... heh - next time...
Old 19th April 2002, 09:19     #51
Cowboy

Laugh

Oh god i'm in one of those hamlan1 pics too.. brings back memories alright, went down there with Maddog from the Ebola NZ clan

Where has the time gone :|
Old 19th April 2002, 09:32     #52
Cowboy

What happened to Maddog anyway, anyone ever heard from him?
He sort of disappeared after Ebola disbanded :/

Would be good for a catch up
Old 19th April 2002, 10:39     #53
AjaxWORK

Frag: you little bitch. I owned you in the warm-up game and you know it. You just got 7 lucky frags in the main event. And how was your poor effort in the game against Immy 0-11 OMG - you let us all down man
Old 19th April 2002, 10:41     #54
Baal

Wacked :)

Neat pics ... good to see some familiar faces/handles
Old 19th April 2002, 11:36     #55
ZeroBC
Quaking Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rince
Zero - 12pm BNZ foodcourt - NZG lunch
Shit it's 11:30 I have just woken up and your thing is in 30 mins. Anyways like my previous post I will definitely be at Tool and I know quite a lot of NZ-G's are going and I'll prolly go to town afterwards so yeah get hold of me if ya want
Old 19th April 2002, 18:32     #56
fRAG-MON

Quote:
Originally posted by AjaxWORK
Frag: you little bitch. I owned you in the warm-up game and you know it. You just got 7 lucky frags in the main event. And how was your poor effort in the game against Immy 0-11 OMG - you let us all down man
I just let immy win so I didn't have to travel all the way back to Auckland for the final against Inc.
Old 19th April 2002, 18:36     #57
TnT

Yeah we all let Immy win, that's why he was so good
Old 20th April 2002, 00:15     #58
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

It shoulda been wolph in the final... aRrr.
Old 4th October 2021, 00:59     #59
Giblets

Has anyone still got any of these photos? Just taking a trip down memory lane and would like to see them. Especially the Westlake LAN.

Ab, you posted a link to some photos on this thread too but it's dead too :\

https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=22497
Old 7th October 2021, 20:30     #60
Know me.

I was at Hamlan1 and the Westlake LAN. Didn't you or your brother organize it? I lost/deleted the photos long ago thinking that someone else would have them.
Old 8th October 2021, 22:54     #61
Giblets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know me.
I was at Hamlan1 and the Westlake LAN. Didn't you or your brother organize it? I lost/deleted the photos long ago thinking that someone else would have them.
Me and Jodi organised the Westlake LAN, I was a student at Westlake.. wanted the school hall but they just gave me a couple of classrooms instead. I guess at 16 I wasn't much of an event organiser, I just wanted low latency quake damnit!
Old 5th November 2021, 16:22     #62
Jodi

OH HAI!

I had a search from my photos of the 90s, and all I could find was a blurry picture of Borg from HamLan.

Should have taken more photos :-/
Old 11th November 2021, 16:43     #63
Trigger
Laserman

I got a folder with pics from BQL '99.
I think I took some of them, and some might have been from elsewhere.

Happy to share if there's any desire for these, but it may be too recent since the thread references older events which I was too young to attend at the time.
Old 15th November 2021, 22:57     #64
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

MUAHAHAHAHA look what I found

https://forums.nzgames.com/oldstuff/westlake/

update: even found a LAN report from Jodi!

https://forums.nzgames.com/oldstuff/...lan_party.html
Old 15th November 2021, 23:30     #65
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Found a few more old pics, by the looks these are at Hamlan II, organised by Hobbes and ProfEric 17-18 July 1998.

https://forums.nzgames.com/oldstuff/hamlan2/
Old 25th November 2021, 15:26     #66
Jodi

Lol, the westlake LAN - we had an entire DM comp, and I was trusting the logs to see who won - but then found out at the end of the round robin that the servers never logged anything :-(
Old 28th November 2021, 09:00     #67
Trigga*happY

I call bullshit! I was never that young
Old 28th November 2021, 16:39     #68
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Found a few more old pics, by the looks these are at Hamlan II, organised by Hobbes and ProfEric 17-18 July 1998.

https://forums.nzgames.com/oldstuff/hamlan2/
I still have my BR1 trophy and Hurricane hat somewhere.