Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 5th October 2021, 19:09     #1081
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
So Russia-gate was a complete fabrication courtesy of Hillary (of course). If this becomes common knowledge, how will the news organisations that perpetrated this hoax ever recover their audience's trust?
It only becomes common knowledge if they say it on the news. Otherwise blynk refuses to believe it. Pretty simple really.
Old 5th October 2021, 20:29     #1082
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
So Russia-gate was a complete fabrication courtesy of Hillary (of course). If this becomes common knowledge, how will the news organisations that perpetrated this hoax ever recover their audience's trust?
The news organisations are now staffed by bright-eyed young graduates of about five expensive universities. They don’t care about the audience’s trust; they care about demonstrating their ideological purity.
Old 6th October 2021, 09:27     #1083
Cyberbob

Is this the place to ask what news organisations people do trust?

I lean towards Reuters & Aljazeera in an attempt to get impartial international news, which I don't tend to get from any US agency, and I'm putting BBC more & more into that category too.
Old 6th October 2021, 11:27     #1084
Nich

I tend to trust individual journalists & subject matter experts. It's easier for them to demonstrate integrity, clearly state their principles. Also they have more to lose if they mislead their audience, especially if their brand is "trustworthy news source".
Old 6th October 2021, 12:14     #1085
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I’m a former paying subscriber of the NYT and the Wapo; not any more. I may resubscribe to the Wapo because I do miss their US Beltway politics stuff, but definitely not the NYT, that place is the epitome of bright-eyed woke cultists now. I’m a paying subscriber to The Atlantic, Cosmos, and The Spinoff, and I’m almost reading enough at The Spectator to feel too guilty to not cough up money there too. I also pay for Matt Taibbi’s substack and the Sam Harris “Making Sense” and Yascha Mounk “Persuasion” podcasts.

The "leftiest" content I consume would probably be channels like Vox and The Spinoff. The "rightiest" would probably be commentators like Ben Shapiro, occasionally Joe Rogan for an interesting guest.

Update: I realised that most of the above are more commentary and analysis than news. To know what has happened while I was asleep I scan the headlines of Australia's ABC News and Sydney Morning Herald; Stuff, NZH, and RNZ News; occasionally Al-Jazeera.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:55     #1086
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
It only becomes common knowledge if they say it on the news. Otherwise blynk refuses to believe it. Pretty simple really.
Seems a fair approach to information that's extremely abstract from one's own life, information that one isn't in a position to make decisions about in any case.

Not that I don't indulge myself, but I think it's pretty useless getting all worked up over the madness that's US politics. Certainly there's nothing new to learn that we didn't already know 200 years ago.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 6th October 2021 at 12:57.
Old 6th October 2021, 15:17     #1087
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
My comment may have been interpretted wrong, but meh, whatevs.
Old 7th October 2021, 14:17     #1088
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

I'm extremely time-poor.

I subscribe to 'The Week' - UK edition as consuming that over a long breakfast on Sunday morning.

It's a publication that takes excerpts on different news articles on key topics and provides pro/against bias. It's pretty balanced but light reading.

For deeper analysis and insight - Spinoff, Newsroom & internationally I flip between CNN, BBC & Fox. Fox is just there to balance the other guys.
Old 14th October 2021, 14:09     #1089
Lightspeed

Laugh

Old 14th October 2021, 15:25     #1090
The Edge

Sweet, they can choose not to vote then, as per their favourite orange buffoon. Works for me
Old 14th October 2021, 20:18     #1091
blynk

2024:Thats why they lost. Because they did go and vote because of fraud.
No other reason.

Pretty much what he does. Sets "the scene" early to why he will lose
Old 14th October 2021, 20:25     #1092
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

That was REAL?!
Old 15th October 2021, 06:41     #1093
StN
I have detailed files

Old 15th October 2021, 11:04     #1094
crocos

One interpretation: First use of "republicans" is the voters, the second use is the politicians. IE: The R. voters won't vote (alluding to Trump's base) unless the R. politicians back Trump's BS. AKA: Back my bullshit or I'll make sure you don't get in to office.
Sauce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xs4ikEXQbo

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 15th October 2021 at 11:06.
Old 15th October 2021, 11:57     #1095
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That was REAL?!
Yes. Yes it was.
https://twitter.com/realLizUSA/statu...82199078719488
Old 15th October 2021, 18:29     #1096
Lightspeed

Laugh

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...rs-not-to-vote

Vanity Fair has it backwards. They need to lament how Trump's request is ruining their democracy, how people need to ignore Trump.