User Name
Password

Old 11th April 2018, 01:13     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

political correctness gone mad

etc etc.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fola...10-p4z8p2.html

Seems to me that opining that gays are going to burn in hell might not be the most prudent course of action for someone who's going to be refereed by the esteemed Mr Owens this winter.
Old 11th April 2018, 08:20     #2
fixed_truth

If what he says promotes hate towards gay people then there should be backlash.
Old 11th April 2018, 17:55     #3
fixed_truth

Dear Israel Folau – your unchristian comments hurt young, vulnerable Pasifika
Old 12th April 2018, 10:19     #4
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Agree, people can't seem to separate free speech from hate speech.

If people are happy for him to say that because its in the bible, then they should also be happy for people from other religions to quote theirs.
Old 12th April 2018, 13:37     #5
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
The CEO of Qantas is gay. Qantas is the naming-rights sponsor of the Wallabies. Right now Rugby Australia should be freaking the fuck out.
Old 12th April 2018, 20:50     #6
crocos

Freaking typical: Media are confusing freedom of speech with freedom from consequence.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 12th April 2018, 21:27     #7
Lightspeed

PC is such a weird thing, invoking it against someone else pretty much brings shame upon yourself:

1: Haha, look at those tricksie niggers!
2: That's not PC!
1: Shut the fuck up, I say what I want!
2: *shame*

Instead of:

2: Fuck up you cunt.
1: *shame*

So now what we have is:

2: Fuck up you cunt.
1: Don't be so fuckin' PC!
2: ...

I dunno. I think it's something about cooking up fancy descriptions instead of just cutting to the chase. But I suppose if you're trying to write succinctly for academics about complex issues you need to capture these issues is pre-established terms like "politically correct". Until the public grabs it. In this case it appears the term has been twisted around so that we can keep treating people like cunts free of shaming. Not exactly a novel situation.

Or something like that. Whatever that case, it's fucked up yo.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 12th April 2018 at 21:28.
Old 18th April 2018, 07:18     #8
fixed_truth

Quote:
Kinda sick of us players staying quiet on some of this stuff. I can't stand that I have to play this game that I love with people, like Folau, who say what he's saying
https://mobile.twitter.com/brad_webe...78316716527617

Only a Chiefs player but good on him. I suppose higher profile players just don't wanna get involved.
Old 18th April 2018, 09:48     #9
xor

Who can blame them when social media is such a toxic environment?
Old 18th April 2018, 10:10     #10
Cyberbob

Cunning linguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Who can blame them when social media is such a toxic environment?
What do you mean them
Old 18th April 2018, 10:58     #11
xor

As a CIS white male you are not allowed an opinion! You're the patriarchy, you need to step aside white guy, with all your whiteness.
Old 18th April 2018, 12:32     #12
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/brad_webe...78316716527617

Only a Chiefs player but good on him. I suppose higher profile players just don't wanna get involved.
fnoath
Old 18th April 2018, 12:41     #13
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
etc etc.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fola...10-p4z8p2.html

Seems to me that opining that gays are going to burn in hell might not be the most prudent course of action for someone who's going to be refereed by the esteemed Mr Owens this winter.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-his-sexuality
Old 18th April 2018, 12:53     #14
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In fact, this is such a fiasco that I'm beginning to detect an awfully strong smell of contract negotiation.
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:08     #15
fixed_truth

Laugh

Quote:

Atheists are at this stage getting increasingly revealed to be intellectually deficient. I linked to a story yesterday where Edward Dutton a scientist in Finland concluded that mutant structures in the Atheist brain are expressed physiologically in asymmetry in physiognomy and neurological brain structures, as well as autism. Religiosity is subject to selection by evolution. It is incredible the mental acrobatics atheists have to go through to justify their philosophy alongside their scientism. Atheism as a concept couldn’t possibly even exist if it were not for the Church preserving the Greco-Roman heritage during the barbarian and muslim invasions after the fall of the western Roman empire.

Atheists are just as much blank-slate theorists as the most worthless screeching ninny progressive.

When people quarrel, they are appealing to a shared understanding of right and wrong. Absent that understanding, they could fight like animals. They couldn’t quarrel. Because quarrelling is an argument over who is in the right. The mere act of evaluation, is an appeal to a standard derived from the natural law.

Belief in the divinity, at least in the western tradition, flows from the natural law. All organisms are subject to biological laws. All bodies subject to gravitational law. Man is subject to these laws. But he is also subject to a law he does not share with other organic and inorganic matter. That law is the natural law, or the law of human nature. All men are possessed of an awareness of a directive to act with right conduct.

That directive is completely unique to men among all forms of extant life. In all other cases a ‘law’ simply describes what happens as a matter of course, what natural objects and things do. But the natural law does not describe what man does. Only what man ought to do. It is not an instinct, because the ‘ought’ arbitrates between instincts. Say you hear a man screaming for help. You will likely feel two instincts. One, to help, out of what atheists try to call the ‘altruistic instinct’ the other, to run, out of the instinct of self-preservation. Arbitrating between those instincts is the natural law. It is a different thing to say one desires to help, to then say one should help whether one wants to or not.

If the directive to right conduct was an instinct, the stronger of two competing instincts in conflict would always win. That is not the case. Additionally, a deliberation between two instincts cannot itself be an instinct. Just like the score directing which notes to play and how loud cannot itself be a note on the piano.

The idea that one ought to act altruistically because it is good for society ends in a tautology. Why ought you act morally. Because it is good for society. Why should you act for the good of society unless it benefits you personally? Because you ought to act morally. That is like saying the object of the game of soccer is to score goals.

The natural law is also not a social convention. The natural law is not like a convention to drive on the left, which may as well be on the right. The natural law is more like the multiplication table. A kid on a desert island alone wouldn’t know it. But it cannot be changed or altered to suit whim.

The natural law governs everyone. We’re constantly told different civilizations have different conceptions of morality. But they are all alike vastly more then they are different. No civilization has ever existed where a man felt pride in deceiving all the people who had been kindest to him, or for running away leaving his friends to die in battle. The natural law governs all men. Men have differed over whether you should have one wife or four. None have argued you should have any that you like any-time.

The natural law not being an instinct, or a social convention, or a mere matter of preference, must then be imparted to man externally.

Something or someone directing the universe appears in all men as an urge to do right, which makes them feel uncomfortable and responsible when they do wrong.

It’s existence by logic can only allude to a separate reality. It is real, it exists, but it is unlike all other forms of law. The law is real and a number of implications follow.

By far the religion that answers to the implications of the natural law with the most logic is Christianity.

The unjust world argument also doesn’t hold. A fish doesn’t know it’s in water. If the whole universe holds no meaning, we should never have found out it has no meaning. The notion of justice itself must be external to an unjust world, and it is. It is supplied by God.

The natural law is the foundation of almost every principle that governs western civilization today. Property rights, human rights, the distinctions between human and animals, every possible sociological phenomena.

The idea of God flows irrevocably from the Natural law. After centuries of trying, atheists and materialist determinists still can’t disprove the existence of the natural law. They can’t derive it from social convention. They can’t derive it from evolution.

All the stupidity plaguing western society exists because the idea of the natural law has been driven out of existence, practically.

As science advances, more and more it affirms the natural law. Quantum mechanics, genetics, neuro-science, epigenetics, artificial intelligence. All of it. Atheists need to go crawl into a corner before they inevitably die out, like the childless idiots that they are, that is, if they aren’t simply tossed of a building like the people screeching about Israel Folau who fellate Islam. Atheists are all future dhimmis. Believing nothing, ascribing value to nothing beyond arbitrary whim, you fuckers will all submit. The submissiveness of western society to all of this degeneracy and oppression from islam and others is a function of the rise of atheism.

Natural law used to be the foundation of the liberal humanities. Every kid who went to university before the 60’s and cultural marxism used to learn this, as the foundation of ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, then study of Greek and Latin, and their disciplines of geometry, logic, grammar, rhetoric, arithmetic and the others.

All of that is gone. Destroyed. Replaced with absolute wankfests of retarded relativist shit-piles of ‘isms’. The beauty of it, the sheer beauty of what it was is what is driving people like me. We will get it back. It will be back in schools. It will be back in universities. It will be back in the collective consciousness.

The natural law is not understood by any culture but western civilized culture. It cannot possibly evolve in a Pantheistic culture – which is all of India and Africa, or Taoism, or and most especially Islam. In Judaism they do understand it, but they only ascribe it to themselves. It is not a universally applicable concept.

So all the Fedora retards spouting of their retard juice about Christianity need to understand they sound like complete retards.

Israel Folau is expressing many different strands of western tradition. The people attacking him are nothing to do with western tradition. Fanatical homosexual supremacy (and we are firmly in the state of supremacy now, nothing even remotely approaching equality) is going to invite push-back, which will become increasingly forceful in correlation to the degree of fanatical supremacy.
https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2018/04/g...u_kind_of.html
Old 23rd April 2018, 00:32     #16
crocos

Never go full retard.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:55     #17
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
In fact, this is such a fiasco that I'm beginning to detect an awfully strong smell of contract negotiation.
I'm sure there'll be a clause in there somewhere regarding irreparable damage to a party's public image.
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:04     #18
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh Ho Ho

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=12037702
Old 23rd April 2018, 13:16     #19
Lightspeed

You called it.
Old 27th April 2018, 14:44     #20
fixed_truth

All Blacks don't fuck around
Quote:
Firstly the team released a heartwarming video supporting diversity and inclusion in the sport. Using the hashtag #diversityistrength. . .Insurance company AIG sponsors the All Blacks and Black Ferns, and created the ad. Its #diversityisstrength campaign also includes a specially made All Blacks jersey which reveals the rainbow flag when stretched.
https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...ol/#gs.w855MmA
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12038144
Old 27th April 2018, 22:31     #21
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

It's awesome because it's true.
Old 10th May 2018, 06:54     #22
xor

Totally not gay

Old 11th April 2019, 07:37     #23
fixed_truth

Time for this dangerous fool to go
Old 11th April 2019, 21:36     #24
fixed_truth

Israel Folau's contract set to be terminated by Rugby Australia

Quote:
"As a code we have made it clear to Israel formally and repeatedly that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

"In the absence of compelling mitigating factors, it is our intention to terminate his contract."
Good stuff.
Old 12th April 2019, 15:46     #25
blynk

Ha, I starting reading this thread thinking it was new yesterday. But realised that it was a year ago.
Maybe 11th April is when he goes full fucktard.

also
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...est-tournament
Old 12th April 2019, 17:13     #26
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Israel Folau's contract set to be terminated by Rugby Australia

Quote:
"As a code we have made it clear to Israel formally and repeatedly that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

"In the absence of compelling mitigating factors, it is our intention to terminate his contract.

Good stuff.

I dunno. Does it go far enough?
Old 12th April 2019, 18:11     #27
fixed_truth

I'm not sure about Australia's hate speech laws though in this case I think it's just an employment matter where he's breached his contract. As well as being put on blast by a lot of his peers it looks like he won't be able to play rugby or league in Australasia again. But yeah the Brian Tamaki of rugby will probably be payed millions in Europe & keep tweeting out his toxic shit.
Old 12th April 2019, 18:46     #28
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I dunno. Does it go far enough?
I'm not sure what further action there can be for threatening imaginary punishments for imaginary crimes.
Old 12th April 2019, 22:14     #29
CCS
Stunt Pants

Like, can't he be stoned to death or something?
Old 18th November 2019, 19:43     #30
fixed_truth

Israel Folau: Fire and droughts in Australia are God's punishment
Now he's gone full crazy
Old 18th November 2019, 19:50     #31
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Why are you being so intolerant, fixed_truth?
Old 18th November 2019, 20:17     #32
Lightspeed

They're trying to exacerbate perceived divisions amongst people that they're able to exploit prejudices come election time.