User Name
Password

Old 18th September 2009, 19:51     #16681
BF Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
What work were you doing there?
Brixton was ma chuube stop.
Worked for London Electricity Services at Bengeworth Rd. (Just off Coldharbour Lane)
Old 18th September 2009, 20:30     #16682
Spink

oh god no
Old 18th September 2009, 20:37     #16683
chiQ
Frag-muff

Spam grinds Simon's gears. See the front page.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:37     #16684
leadinjector

burst my fucking eardrum so now i cant hear out my right side. baaaaaaallllllllsssssss
Old 18th September 2009, 20:43     #16685
Helious

Spam sucks!
Old 18th September 2009, 20:50     #16686
Jonas Undrawing

lead =(
Old 18th September 2009, 21:22     #16687
Pastor Thug
The Man... The Movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
burst my fucking eardrum so now i cant hear out my right side. baaaaaaallllllllsssssss
How the fuck did you do that?
Old 18th September 2009, 21:31     #16688
MoP

He already said... by way of Balls...
Old 18th September 2009, 21:42     #16689
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Spam grinds Simon's gears. See the front page.
There's a front page?
Old 18th September 2009, 21:54     #16690
chiQ
Frag-muff

Yes, and you broke my long run of being the only one posting to it too.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:12     #16691
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Thug
How the fuck did you do that?
well iwent for a swim (5 laps of a 50m pool! yeah! fucking killed me!)

and had a blocked ear after. now everytime ive had a blocked ear, ive had a hot shower and let the water go in my ear, the drain out and it melts the wax etc and clears it out.

well, this time it didnt. and now im fucking deaf.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:22     #16692
crocos

I know it's a bit late to suggest this now, but in future: Earplugs?

I need to use an earplug in my left ear due to a fine perforation in the drum - no sound issue, but lets water through and that gets bloody painful - especially chlorinated or salt water.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 18th September 2009, 22:27     #16693
Pastor Thug
The Man... The Movie...

I remember getting this hardcore ear infection when I was a youngun - was painful as fuck - woke up with blood and stuff on the pillow one morning.
I wasn't sure if the ear infection had burst or I'd just used the pillow to wipe the arsehole of my girlfriend after reaming her.

It probably was the ear infection as I didn't have a girlfriend.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:40     #16694
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
burst my fucking eardrum so now i cant hear out my right side. baaaaaaawwwwwwllllllllsssssss
Fixed?
Old 19th September 2009, 10:35     #16695
tarzan007

flatmates in general gmg...how I wish I could afford my own place!!

we thought our flatmate was going to be shifting to oz, but then said she is going to stay. now she gives us 2 weeks notice as she is moving down the road. fair enough for only 2 weeks notice, but when you're good friends with someone I would have thought it'd be courtesy to say, Hey I'm looking at another place - Heads up...now we are quite likely going to have to try and bridge the gap and for at least a weeks rent

boo!
Old 19th September 2009, 11:36     #16696
xor

Sucks, how much rent do they have to pay in advance?

Why is she moving down the road? Did she find the wifi cam in the bathroom?
Old 19th September 2009, 13:34     #16697
flic
Dee Hast Mish

it still amazes me how many people live from week to week and have no savings for a rainy day
Old 19th September 2009, 14:02     #16698
fixed_truth

I've got a few 'batchelor' mates who make as much as me but have no kids, mortgage etc and spend their money on 'shit'. Their lifestyle choice doesn't bother me it's their choice, but their consistant moaning before payday about being broke gmg. Will be a big wake up call when they have kids & that one income will be for 3+ people. Or they'll probably dump their kids in childcare from 1month which is another gmg.
Old 19th September 2009, 14:30     #16699
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
it still amazes me how many people live from week to week and have no savings for a rainy day
Yep. I finally got smart in the last few years of my IT job and saved enough for a rainy few months.

Although I guess it doesn't GMG what other folk do with their money. I just wish they had an eye on the future, if only for their sake.
Old 19th September 2009, 17:14     #16700
Helious

Very angry

grinds my gears trying to get a decent nights sleep with half a fucking ear burnt to a crisp. it's my left ear and i usually sleep on my left side(facing the wall) *sigh* i have to clean the puss/ooze out about 10 times a day, minimum. this is fucking gross. i use two pillows, i have to rotate them because of the ooze. i'm changing pillow cases daily atm.

what's that you say? sleep on my right side? i kinda can, but in my sleep i change over and will wake up on my left side, with my fucking head STUCK to my pillow.

when i see that cunt, i'm going to give him another hiding.
Old 19th September 2009, 17:21     #16701
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Exclamation

NO PICS SO IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Old 19th September 2009, 17:24     #16702
Helious

yeah, i thought about it long and hard. i've got a dozen pics on my cellphone of my clothes covered in his blood and my ear the morning after. 2 megapixels doesn't do it justice!

my brother came over and i asked him to take proper shots with my digital camera and he told me not to be a moron, the internet is forever, etc

so i decided against it, unfortunately for you guys ;p
Old 19th September 2009, 17:31     #16703
Thomas Meatball

Helious, have you seen a doctor about it? They might be able to give you some ointment or some shit which clears up the pus problem.
Old 19th September 2009, 17:39     #16704
Helious

Yeah, seen my GP. Got an injection for pain or was it tetanus?, i forget. and some anti-septic burn cream stuff. and a whole lot of paracetamol with codeine phosphate.

when i say ooze, i'm talking about pus mixed with the cream ;p by around monday or so i imagine the pus/ooze problem will be gone and it'll be nice and scabbed up. it's only been around 72 hours. not even that.

edit: i'm trying to figure out a way to bandage my ear but it's basically impossible unless i wrap my head . LOL

Last edited by Helious : 19th September 2009 at 17:41.
Old 19th September 2009, 18:15     #16705
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan007
flatmates in general gmg...how I wish I could afford my own place!!

we thought our flatmate was going to be shifting to oz, but then said she is going to stay. now she gives us 2 weeks notice as she is moving down the road. fair enough for only 2 weeks notice, but when you're good friends with someone I would have thought it'd be courtesy to say, Hey I'm looking at another place - Heads up...now we are quite likely going to have to try and bridge the gap and for at least a weeks rent

boo!
Fucked if I'm ever going back to week to week renting.
Old 19th September 2009, 18:19     #16706
MadMax
Stuff

don't know how good an idea it is to bandage your ear if it's leaking that badly but there's nothing wrong with wrapping your head to hold in a bandage. use a gorse non-stick pad, large bandage pad on top then wrap.

you could also try medical tape (just sticky enough that it holds on, not sticky enough that you'll lose hair pulling it off... and it breathes) on the sides of the bandage pad taped to your head in the form of a "#"

least you'll get some sleep
Old 19th September 2009, 18:22     #16707
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
use a gorse non-stick pad
OUCH! I think you mean gauze. Not the prickly weed imported to be used as hedges that then went wild.

Old 19th September 2009, 18:30     #16708
leadinjector

just went down to the local chinese takeaway to get some food, usually i deal with the daughter who works there but today it was just the parents. convo went something like this-

"hi could i get a container of curry chicken and a container of rice?"
she puts in the price for just a curry chicken on rice.
"no no, i want one container of chicken curry and a seperate one of rice"
blank stare, then she gets a small container
"no the medium sized one"
she stands and looks at me with a single medium sized container with a confused look on her face, then gets her husband to come over. he says
"pork?"
"no, look, i want one medium container of rice and a seperate medium container with just curry chicken in it, please"
a mexican standoff ensues for about 5 seconds as all three of us stand looking at each other, until i say
"fuck it, nevermind"
and walk out.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU SET UP A BUSINESS IN A COUNTRY WHEN YOU CANT EVEN SPEAK THE FUCKING LANGUAGE FOR FUCKS SAKE
Old 19th September 2009, 18:33     #16709
Helious

@madmax, yeah man, tried using gauze and tape. will try gauze and wrap.

@lead, hahaha, i love a good chinese takeaway story, they're the best.
Old 20th September 2009, 10:08     #16710
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

GMG that my the semi-rural area of auckland that i grew up in has turned into some sort of investors wet dream, effectively preventing me from ever living there again.
Old 20th September 2009, 12:01     #16711
chubby

'Is Methanex poised to rort the taxpayer with National’s help?'

Quote:
The enormity of the National-Maori Party changes to the ETS become apparent when you consider the case of Methanex, the Canadian-owned company that turns natural gas into methanol at several plants round the world, including two in Taranaki.

They were a very large user of NZ’s dirt-cheap Maui gas for many years, with peak annual production being 2.33 million tonnes. By 2004 the field had largely run down and further gas was being negotiated at a much higher price so they rapidly wound down their plant and stopped production altogether at the end of 2005. With new gas contracts in 2006 they reopened the smaller, Waitara Valley plant and last year announced some production would resume at their Motunui plant.

Last week, days before the Government announced their big ETS subsidies for carbon-intensive plants, they announced they will be moving to full production at both plants, even though they don’t have an assured gas supply.

This reminds me strongly of just how many fish fishing companies caught in the early eighties, which became the baseline year for allocating fishing quota.
http://blog.greens.org.nz/2009/09/20...ationals-help/
Old 20th September 2009, 14:54     #16712
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

lol "enormity"
Old 20th September 2009, 17:48     #16713
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Spelling grinder of the day:

Palate.
Palette.
Pallet.

IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD. JESUS.
Old 20th September 2009, 18:20     #16714
crocos

What triggered that, or dare I ask?

Old 20th September 2009, 18:26     #16715
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Cunning

Prolly me.
Old 20th September 2009, 22:10     #16716
Thomas Meatball

My pallitt hurts.
Old 20th September 2009, 23:37     #16717
crocos

That's capital P if you're talking about the person, else expect a bitch-slap from Ab

Old 20th September 2009, 23:41     #16718
Helious

Cunning linguist

man, i dropped some pelluts in the garden earlier.
Old 20th September 2009, 23:46     #16719
crocos

Well as long as no one saw you, you probably won't be up on public indecency charges, again.

Old 20th September 2009, 23:50     #16720
Helious

^^^ that reminds me of this one time i fucked my girlfriend at Craig Avon park in Blockhouse/Green Bay in the middle of day time, during summer(at least 50 people there, maybe a hundred). People saw us, we were just behind a tree on a blanket. It started off as a picnic, but at that point in time(i was about 18, maybe 19) i was wayyy too horny, i just had to get it on.

She was pretty hot too, probably top 3 for me.