Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 6th April 2022, 13:53     #2641
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Will it be a knighthood or the Order of New Zealand for Dr Bloomfield?
Old 6th April 2022, 16:25     #2642
xor

Knighthoods represent colonialism, genocide, and white supremacy. There is no way Dr Bloomfield would want to receive that token of racism.
Old 6th April 2022, 16:36     #2643
Lightspeed

The Order of New Zealand does seem more appropriate. If we have Dan Carter in that bunch.
Old 6th April 2022, 20:00     #2644
xor

That's just what the world needs, another while privileged male winning an award. If anything, Dr Bloomfield should go on an anti racism training course because he clearly isn't aware of the privilege that he has.
Old 6th April 2022, 20:05     #2645
Lightspeed

Give the bugger an award, give the workers involved a pay rise and hire more of them. That'd work out.
Old 7th April 2022, 12:50     #2646
xor

No privileged white male should ever win an award until equity is achieved. So no, check your privilege lightspeed.
Old 7th April 2022, 13:49     #2647
_indigo1

Oh god the militant wokeness is vile.
Old 7th April 2022, 14:23     #2648
Lightspeed

It's just xor, they're full of resentment and not much else.
Old 7th April 2022, 14:26     #2649
_indigo1

Yeah.

Wasn't getting into debate of content any more than debating the content of the fresh warm cat vomit unexpectedly squelching through my toes as I traverse the hallway blarey eyed first thing in the morning - which evokes the same sensation.

Nothing personal - just an expression of experience

Last edited by _indigo1 : 7th April 2022 at 14:28.
Old 7th April 2022, 16:24     #2650
blynk

My issue with knighthoods is that they are given out too freely.
I feel like a lot of them are on there for doing their job.

Rubgy players & coaches (and other sports),
Politicians,
etc.

That is there job. Win a world cup. Wow great. Deserve a knighthood. No.
However if that same person did major work in the community, gave back to kids, helped in other ways that wasn't necessarily there job. Great, that could be considered.

Was the Prime Minister. So what.
Old 7th April 2022, 17:23     #2651
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
It's just xor, they're full of resentment and not much else.
^^White fragility
Old 7th April 2022, 17:33     #2652
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
However if that same person did major work in the community, gave back to kids, helped in other ways that wasn't necessarily there job. Great, that could be considered.
This is usually captured by the New Zealander of the Years awards.

The Order of New Zealand is more exclusive, it can only be held by a fixed number of living people. There's currently one vacancy.

Titular titles were ditched by Labour, by John Key suffers from insecurity which could only be satisfied by compelling people to call him sir.
Old 7th April 2022, 18:35     #2653
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

FUCK SIR JOHN KEYS!!!1
Old 7th April 2022, 18:36     #2654
Lightspeed

I like scallops (and rape victims getting help) so yes, fuck Sir John Key.
Old 7th April 2022, 18:53     #2655
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

to be perfectly honest, I think knighthoods are a bowl of cringe, so count me out.
Old 7th April 2022, 19:54     #2656
_indigo1

Hey xor.
This exists: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonarchyNewZealand/
Old 10th April 2022, 22:56     #2657
Nothing

Quote:
I like scallops (and rape victims getting help) so yes, fuck Sir John Key.
Would never dignify the douche by calling him sir, even to just say fuck John Key.
Old 14th April 2022, 09:59     #2658
xor

OOOoof, that inflation feel is setting in. I wonder if inflation will kill more people than covid?
Old 14th April 2022, 16:21     #2659
Lightspeed

You mean because our systems that manage resources will prioritise the wealthy staying wealthy over ensuring our most vulnerable get their basic needs met? Because the rich are going to use their wealth to claw back the value they're losing in the money they hold?
Old 21st April 2022, 13:24     #2660
xor

brrrrr, can't hear you over the sound of money being printed.
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:58     #2661
_Incubus_

Very angry

So mask mandates are finished in Adelaide apart from Aged Care, Medical settings.

Got in to a lift yesterday and had a lady wearing a mask demand I wore one, had to inform her that mask mandates are over, she got all shitty and abusive. Wasn't really grasping that her wearing a mask was her protection...me not wearing one was none of her business...I fear this is going to be a regular occurrence.
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:37     #2662
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Karens gonna karen.
Old 22nd April 2022, 13:18     #2663
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
...me not wearing one was none of her business...
Isn't it up to the workplace to define whether they want customer to wear a mask or not on their premises - regardless of any mandate?
(Ignoring the fact that she may have to adhere to the wider Lyft policy - but in the case that lets say Lyft allowed it to be up to the drivers)
Old 22nd April 2022, 13:49     #2664
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
Isn't it up to the workplace to define whether they want customer to wear a mask or not on their premises - regardless of any mandate?
(Ignoring the fact that she may have to adhere to the wider Lyft policy - but in the case that lets say Lyft allowed it to be up to the drivers)
I think he meant a lift not a Lyft

Last edited by blynk : 22nd April 2022 at 13:50.
Old 22nd April 2022, 17:39     #2665
_indigo1

Quote:
I think he meant a lift not a Lyft
Oops
Old 2nd May 2022, 08:27     #2666
StN
I have detailed files

Back at work in the office today.

That means pants and shoes.

Can't find my belt.

But because of WfH and BBQ chicken each day, don't seem to need it.
Old 2nd May 2022, 09:57     #2667
Cyberbob

First time I've been in the office on a Monday morning for at least 12 months.

9:30 and I'm already on NZG. Need to find that office work ethic. I know it's around here somewhere.
Old 3rd May 2022, 07:58     #2668
blynk

Man its nice to be back in the office, and we moved to a new building during lockdown so everything is also all shiny.
However I resigned, so I only have 2 weeks left of the shininess
Old 3rd May 2022, 08:09     #2669
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Man its nice to be back in the office, and we moved to a new building during lockdown so everything is also all shiny.
lol
Old 3rd May 2022, 16:30     #2670
Lightspeed

Quote:
Exciting! What's next?
Old 4th May 2022, 07:50     #2671
blynk

Quote:
Exciting! What's next?
Going to go work for the evil government puppet, Stuff
Old 4th May 2022, 09:02     #2672
The Edge

Stuff is owned by the government now?
Old 4th May 2022, 11:35     #2673
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Don’t laugh
Old 4th May 2022, 14:37     #2674
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Public Interest Journalism Fund is a taxpayer-funded Labour programme officially set up to "preserve public interest journalism against the impact of Covid-19". Since then the government has made sure that money has flowed not to media outlets harmed in some way by Covid but rather those that air stories that give favourable coverage to government policies.

It's literally written in to the programme. The fund recommends "actively promoting the principles of Partnership, Participation and Active Protection under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, acknowledging Māori as a Te Tiriti partner"; to even be eligible for funding all applicants have to show a "commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to Māori as a Te Tiriti partner". It seems obvious to anyone watching that the Labour government is of the view that the Treaty actually established co-governance of New Zealand by the Crown and iwi; if you want some of that sweet sweet Public Interest Journalism Fund money, you won't disagree.

Stuff is on that gravy train. There are staff at Stuff who are only there because the Public Interest Journalism Fund pays for them.
Old 4th May 2022, 15:27     #2675
Lightspeed

Quote:
Going to go work for the evil government puppet, Stuff
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The Public Interest Journalism Fund is a taxpayer-funded Labour programme officially set up to "preserve public interest journalism against the impact of Covid-19". Since then the government has made sure that money has flowed not to media outlets harmed in some way by Covid but rather those that air stories that give favourable coverage to government policies.
It worked, right? Public by-in was essential to our pandemic successes.

And something had to be done to counter the money flowing to those intent on demonising any response the pandemic.
Old 4th May 2022, 15:31     #2676
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Or not
Old 4th May 2022, 17:06     #2677
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Or not
Nothing in your link contradicts anything in my comment.
Old 4th May 2022, 18:40     #2678
fixed_truth

It definitely does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Since then the government has made sure that money has flowed not to media outlets harmed in some way by Covid but rather those that air stories that give favourable coverage to government policies.
From my link, that's not factual.

The criteria for funding is around public interest journalism which has been struggling and even more so due to covid. Essentially the processes for funding are the same as NZ on Air with the PIJF being focused on news. The checks and balances are pretty much the same.

With the NZ on Air processes there have been numerous political investigation programs and there's never been any question about favouring the Govt. Under PIJF there's been docos on Child Poverty and how our public services measure up internationally for examples. These haven't reflected well on the Govt. Not once has any Govt. body or representative contacted them and asked them to lay off.

David Seymour, the biggest critic of the Govt. when asked if he thought if media were using the fund to favour the Govt. said no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
It's literally written in to the programme. The fund recommends "actively promoting the principles of Partnership, Participation and Active Protection under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, acknowledging Māori as a Te Tiriti partner"; to even be eligible for funding all applicants have to show a "commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to Māori as a Te Tiriti partner". It seems obvious to anyone watching that the Labour government is of the view that the Treaty actually established co-governance of New Zealand by the Crown and iwi; if you want some of that sweet sweet Public Interest Journalism Fund money, you won't disagree.
Actively promoting the principles of Te Tiriti for a long time goes for all public institutions and a lot of private organisations too.
Old 5th May 2022, 10:11     #2679
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Public institutions, fine. But the government has no business telling, suggesting, or even hinting to a privately-owned organisation what it's principles should be.
Old 5th May 2022, 11:17     #2680
fixed_truth

Yeah I broadly agree with that.

There can be a grey area as there's a significant number of privately owned businesses (incl. contractors) that all their work comes from the public sector eg private health services that contract to ACC & MOH.

I would image that ANY work contracted to anything to do with the Govt would have To Triti principles in the contract.