NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th July 2022, 17:03     #1561
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In related news, use of the word "groomer" is itself now hate speech.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:09     #1562
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Visit a physio who offers acupuncture and accepts ACC clients, and have a relevant injury. I didn't specifically seek it out, it just happened that's a treatment they offered.
Ahh you mean ACC treatment for an accident - yep was aware of that.
Not really the same as treatment for an illness - mental or physical.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:10     #1563
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
But a woman who tweeted that this state of affairs is bonkers is the one facing three years in jail after the man in the photo above laid a complaint.
Well, the state of affairs is absolutely bonkers. Every which way.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:14     #1564
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
He invited children on the Internet to seek him out for hugs, because he identifies as a lesbian and can be their mother.

But a woman who tweeted that this state of affairs is bonkers is the one facing three years in jail after the man in the photo above laid a complaint.
She can think it's bonkers if she likes. She can't harass someone because their gender doesn't match their sex.
Old 19th July 2022, 18:03     #1565
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

And did she?
Old 19th July 2022, 19:28     #1566
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

Human remains shouldn't be identified as male or female, because we don't know if that man or woman wanted to be called one
Old 19th July 2022, 19:32     #1567
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
In related news, use of the word "groomer" is itself now hate speech.
The term "groomer" was suggested on Fox as the term to automatically call leftists, in the same way that leftists automatically call a right winger "racist". I expect it's got at least some traction, and the leftists are doing what the left does best, and just banning it.
Old 19th July 2022, 19:33     #1568
fixed_truth

I don't know if she has been prosecuted. Probably just alt-right click bait.
Old 19th July 2022, 19:44     #1569
fixed_truth

Quote:
“Some groups have been describing teachers and parents who oppose banning discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in schools as ‘groomers’ – a term used to describe someone who gets close to and builds trust with a child or young person with the intent of sexually abusing them.”
So in the same vane as them eqauting homosexual men with pedophiles.

Conservative christians are fucked up alright.
Old 19th July 2022, 22:23     #1570
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
…I've seen videos from pride marches of people giving out 'dad' hugs to broken trans kids who's parents have disowned them and they've internalized all the transphobic hate society sends their way and it's pretty sad.
Not grooming. That’s being a GC, buy those dudes a beer.

Quote:
He invited children on the Internet to seek him out for hugs, because he identifies as a lesbian and can be their mother.
Nah, yeah, grooming.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ature=emb_logo

Totally grooming.

https://twitter.com/NotMikeHarlow/st...377985/video/1

OK GROOMER
Old 19th July 2022, 23:25     #1571
fixed_truth

What makes you think the message is for young kids?

What's wrong with advocating for people going no contact with toxic and abusive family?

Quote:
My message of support was directed at independent teens and adults, not young children. I'm not at all advocating young people run away from home. I'm talking about terminating abusive relationahips when one doesn't materially depend on the parent.
Old 20th July 2022, 14:31     #1572
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Gender activists push to bar anthropologists from identifying human remains as ‘male’ or ‘female’

wtaf
Old 20th July 2022, 15:38     #1573
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

The Simpsons - Principal Skinner attempts to make sense of gender differences
Old 21st July 2022, 19:32     #1574
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I've grown so used to insanity that when something sensible happens I have to read it twice.

Quote:
https://www.outinperth.com/shorten-b...m-sall-grover/

Bill Shorten, the Minister for NDIS and Government Services, has announced that the government will remove gender inclusive language from Medicare forms.

“They will be replaced with new forms that use the word mother, not birthing parent, which is consistent with other Medicare forms.”
Old 21st July 2022, 19:35     #1575
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

E19S17, aired 30 April 2006.

Old 22nd July 2022, 23:33     #1576
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

XXY dude posts: stop calling me intersex or non-binary, I’m a man with a medical condition you woke fucks

https://twitter.com/KlinefelterDSD/s...14657755791361
Old 23rd July 2022, 00:41     #1577
Lightspeed

Why would you call him anything if you don't know him?
Old 23rd July 2022, 19:48     #1578
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Sanity

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...land-ffk076ctb

Quote:

Transgender women will no longer be allowed to play in female contact rugby competitions in England due to safety and fairness concerns, under new recommendations from the Rugby Football Union to be voted on next Friday.

It marks a significant U-turn by the governing body, which until now has allowed transgender women to play at grassroots and club levels provided they undergo an independent medical assessment.

However, after a two-year review that began in the autumn of 2020, it has decided to fall in line with World Rugby’s guidelines, which ban transgender women from elite sport.

In a statement explaining its decision, the RFU said it had looked at the emerging science, consulted with other governing bodies and held a game-wide survey with over 11,000 responses.

It said: “The review and consultation concluded that peer reviewed research provides evidence that there are physical differences between those people whose sex was assigned as male and those as female at birth, and advantages in strength, stamina and physique brought about by male puberty are significant and retained even after testosterone suppression.

“This science provides the basis of the recommendation that the inclusion of trans people assigned male at birth in female contact rugby cannot be balanced against considerations of safety and fairness.”
Old 24th July 2022, 12:34     #1579
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Insanity

Quote:

@stonewalluk

Research suggests that children as young as 2 recognise their trans identity. Yet, many nurseries and schools teach a binary understanding of pre-assigned gender.

LGBTQ-inclusive and affirming education is crucial for the wellbeing of all young people!

https://twitter.com/stonewalluk/stat...27949819695104
Ok groomers
Old 24th July 2022, 13:16     #1580
Lightspeed

I'm quite sure a subset of the outrage at the idea of people being able to decide from themselves who they are is it disrupts a source of exploitation.

I mean, if that cute girl who's just started at your company that you're hoping to rape turns out to have a penis, how disappointed are you going to be? Think how boring it would be as an exec somewhere like MediaWorks. You've finally able to act with impunity like you've always wanted, but how can you tell which is the pussy? Only girls are supposed to be pretty! Boys are supposed to be rough!
Old 24th July 2022, 17:54     #1581
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
..rape..
Drink.
Old 24th July 2022, 18:22     #1582
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

@Jarvis_Dupont

It's a documented fact that by the age of 2 a child has learned:

- Basic shapes.
- Rudimentary concept of time.
- Decisive signals (nod head for 'yes' etc)
- That dominant cisnegative tropes can lead to androgynous social-collectivism, further destabilizing toxic binary ideals.

Old 25th July 2022, 19:39     #1583
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Unfortunately paedophilia is an identity now, so criticising it is hate speech

https://twitter.com/StandingforXX/st...96083040636928
Old 25th July 2022, 23:13     #1584
fixed_truth

Seven Manly players to boycott NRL match over pride jersey
Quote:
Roberts said he would comment further later in the week, but on Monday night said: “It hasn’t totally shocked me like it’s shocking everyone else. As an older gay man, I’m used to this. I expected there would some sort of religious pushback.”
More backwards shit from Aussie.
Old 25th July 2022, 23:45     #1585
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
More backwards shit from Aussie.
Quote:
Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolu Koula and Toafofoa Sipley
Yep this is definitely an Australia problem, those are some true blue Aussie battler names all right #colonisers
Old 26th July 2022, 10:24     #1586
fixed_truth

I can't tell if someone's Australian enough by their name.

I'm looking from the outside but to me it seems like Aussie (compared to NZ) has a conservative christian sociopolitical streak that makes people comfortable spouting their religious bs.
Old 26th July 2022, 11:14     #1587
xor

What is 'Australian'?
Old 26th July 2022, 11:14     #1588
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Like when NZ Labour MPs from South Auckland voted against marriage equality. Damn Australians.
Old 26th July 2022, 11:21     #1589
fixed_truth

Cherry picking doesn't change the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
What is 'Australian'?
You tell me. Apparently something to do with having a true blue name?
Old 26th July 2022, 11:23     #1590
fixed_truth

To contrast (from 4 years ago)
All Blacks jersey reveals rainbow flag as part of diversity campaign
Old 26th July 2022, 11:30     #1591
xor

Quote:
Cherry picking doesn't change the fact.

You tell me. Apparently something to do with having a true blue name?
I have no idea based on the current climate. We're told that everything is a social construct or is performative so i'd like to know seeing as you're using the word 'Australia' and 'Australian' i figured you could tell me what it means.
Old 26th July 2022, 11:30     #1592
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Just ask; is there anything held in common by the Manly league players who objected to wearing a Pride flag, and the South Auckland Labour MPs who voted against gay marriage?

Hey remember when Michael Jones refused to play at the 1991 World Cup because the ABs matches were on a Sunday and Jebus wouldn’t like that, and everyone thought that was super OK?

I wonder if something that all three examples have in common.
Old 26th July 2022, 12:07     #1593
fixed_truth

That can't be right Michael Jones sounds like a true blue white man name to me.

So you're putting it all on people with pacific island heritage.

It's looked at bit more diverse to me. From the outside of course.
Faith, politics and Australia’s ‘run of religious PMs’
Old 26th July 2022, 13:37     #1594
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Jeez man, that’s Sir Michael Niko Jones you’re subjecting to erasure, I think you just committed a hate crime.
Old 26th July 2022, 15:24     #1595
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hilaritragic interview with Manly management in Sydney this morning. I paraphrase:

Media: why the decision to play in a Pride jersey?
Manly: to signal that we care about inclusion
Media: did you include any brown people in that decision?
Manly: no
Old 26th July 2022, 15:33     #1596
fixed_truth

Ah the old paradox of tolerance.
Old 26th July 2022, 21:28     #1597
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Few weeks back MHG sprained his ankle at school volleyball practice and the school had to get my permission to give him ibuprofen.

Meanwhile, if a child at school in Maryland USA announces that he or she wants to commence gender transition, including surgery, the school is prohibited from telling the parents.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...er-transitions

Hint: if your policy is “your parents don’t need to know, this can be our little secret”, you have a shit policy.
Old 26th July 2022, 22:16     #1598
fixed_truth

Wait to you hear about this thing called an abortion.

Quote:
As a young person, do I need my parents’ permission to have an abortion/ termination?
No. You can decide to have an abortion/termination at any age. If you are able to make an informed decision, meaning you understand the nature and consequences of a termination, health professionals must respect your privacy and not tell your parents. However, it is likely that your medical professionals will strongly encourage you to have a support person over 18 years old.
Old 26th July 2022, 22:20     #1599
fixed_truth

Quote:
“I am functionally blind, autistic, ADHD, chronically ill, mentally ill, fat, queer and non-binary.

“But I am Pākehā, so I have some privilege,” Williams adds.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/1293...susan-williams
Old 27th July 2022, 00:35     #1600
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Wait to you hear about this thing called an abortion.
What school on earth has that as a policy?