User Name
Password

Old 6th February 2022, 22:28     #1161
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
They're coming for him . . . (Joe)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZlnH8MAb8L/
They tried with the misinformation angle and failed. Now it's the racism angle which looks like it's failing. Wonder what the next angle will be.
Old 6th February 2022, 22:55     #1162
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

They tried transphobia too... what's next? I guess there's terrorism and paedophilia?
Old 7th February 2022, 09:14     #1163
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
They tried with the misinformation angle and failed. Now it's the racism angle which looks like it's failing. Wonder what the next angle will be.
It's all about the Benjamin's baby.

Quote:
Rogan likes to put on a furrowed brow and even, pensive voice; the hallmarks of a reasonable man with an inquisitive mind. Someone who is "just asking questions" or "wants to start a debate." In reality, he's an intellectual shock jock who amplifies the voices of conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, homophobes, and transphobes in the name of interesting conversation. And it's becoming increasingly clear that as long as these tactics keep making him money and acquiring him followers, he doesn't care who he hurts along the way.
Old 7th February 2022, 09:55     #1164
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Who said that?
Old 7th February 2022, 10:18     #1165
xor

Looks like they're also going after Dwayne Johnson for supporting ol' mate Rogan. Kind of hilarious given Johnson is Samoan :kekw:
Old 7th February 2022, 11:21     #1166
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Looks like they're also going after Dwayne Johnson for supporting ol' mate Rogan. Kind of hilarious given Johnson is Samoan :kekw:
..But didn't the Rock retract his support upon hearing of the Philadelphia incident?
Old 7th February 2022, 11:26     #1167
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

All pretence of this being anything to do with Spotify and COVID has been dropped. This is about Rogan personally, and the mob will go after anyone seen to be "aligned" with Rogan.
Old 7th February 2022, 13:00     #1168
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
..But didn't the Rock retract his support upon hearing of the Philadelphia incident?
Yeah he noped his way out the back door pretty quickly on that one
Quote:
I was not aware of his N word use prior to my comments, but now I've become educated to his complete narrative. Learning moment for me
Old 7th February 2022, 13:16     #1169
xor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ub2phcFM0w

Completely rational response from Johnson and not at all hypocritical
Old 7th February 2022, 13:40     #1170
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Edward Snowden
@Snowden
Nobody has stronger opinions about Joe Rogan than people who have never listened to Joe Rogan.
7:56 AM · Jan 29, 2022·Twitter Web App
This is a Soviet-style purge by the woke commissariat of Internet content that they don't want people accessing. It has nothing to do with COVID misinformation. And if you speak up against it, your content goes on The List.
Old 7th February 2022, 14:12     #1171
fixed_truth

Good thing that Spotify can make their own decision about whether they want him and people can choose whether to use Spotify or not.
Old 7th February 2022, 14:21     #1172
xor

Yeah, def. I can't wait to see the Jeremy Clarkson playbook being executed by Spotify.
Old 7th February 2022, 14:26     #1173
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Remember that time Maynard James Keenan was a guest on Rogan? No, me neither, because Spotify just took that episode down. Activists didn't like that Keenan has been accused of sexual assault, and #believewomen.

Remember that time Amy Schumer was a guest on Rogan? No, me neither, because Spotify just took that episode down. Activists didn't like that Schumer did a skit mocking Beyonce, and #blacklivesmatter.

Remember that time Bill Burr was a guest on Rogan? No, me neither, because Spotify just took that episode down. Activists didn't like that Bill Burr said the word "Latino" at the Grammys #genderedlanguage and spoke in support of Gina Carano #FireGinaCarano.

I see that Spotify just deleted JRE 1218, an interview with Professor Gad Saad, Concordia University Research Chair in Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences. I haven't listened to that one, and now can't, but I presume given his area of speciality he said something about sex differences in humans. Can't have that now #transwomenarewomen

Remember, this is all about Spotify publishing COVID misinformation.
Old 8th February 2022, 13:49     #1174
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Ahahaha just had a text from Princess, who is on a "women's leadership" panel to get women moving up the career ladder at her work. She's just received a memo that from now on there must be equal representation for men on the panel, because #inclusiveness.

Tune in for the update when she passes on news that it's now just a "leadership" panel. Which will of course be about jobs for the boys who worked it all out on the golf course on the Sunday morning before the panel met.
Old 8th February 2022, 16:58     #1175
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Ahahaha just had a text from Princess, who is on a "women's leadership" panel to get women moving up the career ladder at her work. She's just received a memo that from now on there must be equal representation for men on the panel, because #inclusiveness.
Need to respond "Here are our requirements: Needs to have track record of (etc)"
Basically along the lines of yes, of course men can contribute, but only if they've actually proven they will contribute positively & pass an interview by the existing panel.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th February 2022, 14:26     #1176
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Dem SuperPAC Behind Rogan Smear Campaign
Old 9th February 2022, 15:05     #1177
xor

Oscar the opsec otter would be very disappointed.
Old 9th February 2022, 15:08     #1178
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

oh lol.
Old 9th February 2022, 15:28     #1179
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So the woke mob with pitchforks was actually whipped up and pointed at Rogan by a Democratic fundraising body that wants to shut Sanders-fan Rogan up and prevent him from criticising Biden's COVID response before the elections?

back and to the left, bitches
Old 9th February 2022, 17:08     #1180
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Remember, this is all about Spotify publishing COVID misinformation.
Those fighting the oppression and rape of the vulnerable have had a lot more time to warm up.

Pandemic politics is the new kid on the block.
Old 10th February 2022, 09:53     #1181
xor

lol no, it's disingenuous and the masses know it. You've previously stated this about the bias.

If legacy media really cared about the vulnerable then Bill Clinton would be getting absolutely rekt with his involvement with Epstein. Why the fuck did that guy fly with Epstein 26 times?
Old 10th February 2022, 10:12     #1182
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
because #inclusiveness.

Isn't that the age old thing though.

Black History Month? Great. White History Month? Wouldn't dare.
Women In IT Leadership awards? Great. Men in IT Leadership awards? Wouldn't dare.
Scholarships for Māori students given to someone that doesn't speak the language, barely knows what iwi his Whānau belong to, but wants a free ride? Perfect.

It's not a great approach, but is there a better approach?
As a CIS white male, can I even question it without being cancelled?
Old 10th February 2022, 11:33     #1183
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Isn't that the age old thing though.

Black History Month? Great. White History Month? Wouldn't dare.
Women In IT Leadership awards? Great. Men in IT Leadership awards? Wouldn't dare.
Scholarships for Māori students given to someone that doesn't speak the language, barely knows what iwi his Whānau belong to, but wants a free ride? Perfect.

It's not a great approach, but is there a better approach?
As a CIS white male, can I even question it without being cancelled?
Its pretty easy to differentiate.
Who has been oppressed, held back, screwed over etc etc.

You don't know your iwi, or speak Maori to have been discrimated etc. It's not just that person, but the generations before them that have put them in that position.
Old 10th February 2022, 11:36     #1184
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

Tune in for the update when she passes on news that it's now just a "leadership" panel. Which will of course be about jobs for the boys who worked it all out on the golf course on the Sunday morning before the panel met.
That's an interesting one. From the quick online post, it sounds backwards.
Especially if they are talking about have 50/50 representation.
But then if they are talking about ways to help women move up the career ladder in a system that for a long time has been heavily weighted to men, then would you not want to have some representation from men that can help.
Old 10th February 2022, 13:04     #1185
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Adele is the new JK Rowling and is cancelled.

Quote:
During Tuesday's BRIT Awards, which was held in London, the British-born singer scooped three trophies at the music awards' first ever gender-neutral ceremony, where male and female artists competed against one another in the same categories.

As Adele, 33, stepped out onto the O2 Arena's floodlit stage to collect the coveted Artist of the Year award—which saw her beat fellow chart-topper Ed Sheeran—she took the moment as an opportunity to express pride in her womanhood.

"I understand why the name of this award has changed, but I love being a woman and being a female artist—I do! I'm really proud of us, I really, really am."
Within seconds the trans activist torches and pitchforks were out on Twitter:

Quote:
@puumph
Who’d have thought #Adele was a transphobe and would use her platform to call for the destruction of the trans community. Especially the confused teenagers.
Quote:
@ohheyjacob
Please, no, ADELE can't be a TERF. That last comment, though ambiguous, could be perceived as TERF-y. Please no.
etc etc etc
https://www.newsweek.com/adeles-i-lo...debate-1677505

As a wise man once said in this very thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
In all seriousness though - if the transgender activist movement were actually a patriarchy covert op with its goal the erasure of womanness from public life, how would it differ from the transgender activist movement we have now?
Old 10th February 2022, 13:53     #1186
Lightspeed

o_O

So Adele accepts an award that's eschewing gender, and she has to take the moment to celebrate gender, which has evoked a response?

Oh, we're expecting all our contradictions to be resolved already?
Old 11th February 2022, 12:45     #1187
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Resolve this

Quote:
Bristol University, a member of the prestigious Russell Group, has just issued guidelines to staff on the correct pronouns to use when addressing those who define as ‘catgender’.

The list specifically refers to ‘xenic’ individuals who do not fit in to ‘the Western human binary of gender alignments’.

It describes a catgender person as ‘someone who strongly indentifies with cats and may experience delusions relating to being a cat or other feline’. It goes on: ‘For example, someone who is catgender may use nya/nyan pronouns'.

The university has responded to the controversy surrounding the guide with the following statement:

“The University of Bristol is committed to gender inclusion. The correct use of pronouns is important to some members of our University community. The information on our website is designed to help people understand the different variations and nuances that this covers."

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b2010087.html
Old 11th February 2022, 12:57     #1188
xor

Think the article is just sensationalism

https://twitter.com/TabitaSurge/stat...111424/photo/2
Old 13th February 2022, 13:38     #1189
wazza
*flex*

i find it interesting the joe rogan lives in texas, and today's UFC PPV is in texas and rogan isn't on it. he always does the PPVs(well, if they're state-side).

he must be stood down or something
Old 15th February 2022, 01:17     #1190
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The left keeps losing its mind, episode 472885:

Quote:

Joe Rogan's Use of N-Word Is 'Just as Dangerous' as Capitol Insurrectionists, CNN Writer/Producer Says
THE MAGIC SYLLABLES ARE TOO POWERFUL FOR ANY MORTAL MOUTH

https://apple.news/A-wgs4XuiQxOsJbbFp_HgGw
Old 15th February 2022, 07:56     #1191
fixed_truth

I'm forgiving for his n-word use as it does seem to be in context (not planet of apes comment that was terrible) AND historical. The rules have changed since then and so he's being judged on had he said it now.

However there are people of colour who find the context and delivery offensive despite being historical and it's not my place to tell them how they should feel about n-word use.
Old 15th February 2022, 12:29     #1192
crocos

"Porchmonkey: We're taking the word back"

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 15th February 2022, 13:42     #1193
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

For me to mention Joseph Conrad's 1897 novella The Nigger of the 'Narcissus' is to make me as dangerous as the US Capitol insurrectionists! Such power! Terrible as the Dawn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth!
Old 16th February 2022, 10:22     #1194
Cyberbob

How's that Dambusters movie coming along.
Old 21st February 2022, 10:03     #1195
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Man beats woman
Old 21st February 2022, 16:04     #1196
fixed_truth

Definitely assigned male at birth. There's no evidence she's pretending to be transgender?

Remember, the category of women had been expanded to include gender.

There's plenty of transwomen in sport, it only seems to be a problem when they win. Then that type of inherent advantage matters, the rest still don't.
Old 21st February 2022, 17:58     #1197
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well the winner and new record-holder in the women's swimming competition is an adult male human, so in that sense it's perfectly sensible to describe that individual as a man. He was certainly a man when he was ranked #462 in the men's event the year before last. I guess #1 is better than #462.
Old 21st February 2022, 18:04     #1198
Lightspeed

These things only make sense within a flawed paradigm.

We'll figure something better, until we're all half robot, half synthoid and we go through the same ructions again.
Old 21st February 2022, 18:05     #1199
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fairness or inclusiveness. Pick one.
Old 21st February 2022, 18:53     #1200
Lightspeed

They sound more like ends of a dialectic to me.