Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 16th September 2022, 01:00     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Bledisloe 2022

Jesus, I appear to have completely missed a crazy game of rugby. /cues up the replay
Old 16th September 2022, 06:04     #2
blynk

I watched the replay on prime. I am definitely feeling the 1am finish.

The one thing I will say is that before that matching defining call, watch the Aussie player behind Foley shouting frantically for him to kick the ball.
Old 16th September 2022, 07:27     #3
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennie
“In most situations the clock is off and stays off.
It sounds like the clock went off, and then he started it again. But as we know a team scores a try late and you take your time getting back to halfway, you just stop the clock, and wait till the kickoff
I bet they weren't complaining if the clock was restarted and it was enough to deny the ABs

Either way, it's still a big call to make and the Abs still needed to get it over the line.
They still missed a lot of opportunities a few bad choices taken at key moments lost a couple of tries.
Old 16th September 2022, 07:38     #4
_Incubus_

Crazy intense test match, we had a great passage of play to get 31-13 up. The Wallabies probably deserved to win that..

Saw this on twitter..

78.25: Penalty.
78.50: Raynal - "Play on please".
78.55: Raynal - "Quick play".
78.56: Raynal blows time off. "Time off.
7 seconds elapses. "You play now. Time on."
Three seconds.
78.59: Raynal "Ten?" - Foley looks back, begins kick.
79.04: Blows freekick

39 seconds had elapsed
Old 16th September 2022, 10:40     #5
fixed_truth

Imagine the ref calls time off because your stalling and then you continue to stall after time on.
Old 16th September 2022, 11:41     #6
_Incubus_

Quite amusing in Oz where the majors news channels didn't talk about the Rugby at all this morning.

Only seems to be raging on News.com.au and a few other sites.

It's quite the Australian response to a loss....pretend it never happened.
Old 16th September 2022, 13:25     #7
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Imagine the ref calls time off because your stalling and then you continue to stall after time on.
In the replay can see guys in the Wallaby backline screaming at Foley to stop wasting time because they know the ref is pissed, and he wastes more time, and costs them the game.
Old 17th September 2022, 08:41     #8
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
In the replay can see guys in the Wallaby backline screaming at Foley to stop wasting time because they know the ref is pissed, and he wastes more time, and costs them the game.
Yep, I assume that he could here the ref. Maybe, just maybe, Foley never did.
It was that last turn and look at his forward pack that did it.
Old 18th September 2022, 11:44     #9
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Nigel has spoken:

https://twitter.com/Nigelrefowens/st...28576782782466
Old 18th September 2022, 12:19     #10
_Incubus_

Laugh

Blaming a team mate for the ref reacting...pure class..

Speaking on Friday morning to the Herald and The Age, Foley explained what occurred from his perspective.

“There was a lot of confusion throughout the game,” Foley said. “I wasn’t trying to slow it down, but I was just trying to get really clear and concise about what we were trying to do at that next lineout.

“At the end it was very loud in the stadium, but there was no sense there was going to be a call like that.”

Replays showed Foley’s teammate Lalakai Foketi, who had just won a crucial turnover penalty, yelling at his No.10 to kick the ball.

“I think Lalakai maybe got a reaction from the ref,” Foley said. “In my dealings with [Raynal], he asked [me] to hurry up but had turned the clock off. He never told me he turned it back on or there would be other repercussions.
Old 26th September 2022, 15:26     #11
blynk

Couldn't help but notice that when Aus had a penalty in the final minute of the match, and they wanted to go for a try, they didn't waste anytime kicking the ball.
Nick White (I believe it was), didn't need to figure out what the line out play was. He kicked it relatively quickly.