Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd March 2010, 12:16     #2561
Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
For me personally, I'll watch anything with vampires in it.
Are you one of those people who sees a Vampire title/movie coming out and spouts about "oh that's not how vampires really existed" and all that crap?
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:16     #2562
Thomas Meatball

o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
I've never seen the original 3, just the awesome new ones.
Is that a troll?
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:18     #2563
StN
I have detailed files

Old data, pay it no mind.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:23     #2564
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Are you one of those people who sees a Vampire title/movie coming out and spouts about "oh that's not how vampires really existed" and all that crap?
Nup, I just enjoy watching movies about Vampires - but I'm not a total geek about it.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:32     #2565
Nightcrawler

Oh woops, I read it as you won't watch any vampire movies. Waking up this late in the day isn't healthy.. woops
Old 5th March 2010, 02:36     #2566
MoP

Quote:
I've never seen the original 3, just the awesome new ones.
Khhhaaaaaaaaaan!!
Old 6th March 2010, 22:01     #2567
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Acquired 4 seasons of Supernatural. Never seen an episode before, watched the Pilot. Really happy with it, can't wait to check the rest! I think Pepsi mentioned it. Trusting her awesomeness I grabbed the whole soddin' lot. Cheers
Old 6th March 2010, 22:51     #2568
Mokoro

Quote:
Acquired 4 seasons of Supernatural. Never seen an episode before, watched the Pilot. Really happy with it, can't wait to check the rest! I think Pepsi mentioned it. Trusting her awesomeness I grabbed the whole soddin' lot. Cheers
If you like season 1, it just gets better as it goes on imo
Old 6th March 2010, 23:05     #2569
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Yeah I reckon it gets better too. The last couple of seasons in particular have been super awesome (Season 5 still in progress, so I'm hanging out for it to resume after the break). Hope you're not disappointed, cause that's a lot of eps to get through if you don't like it haha

Mmmm Dean Winchester *drool*
Old 7th March 2010, 12:37     #2570
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

latest Spartacus gave me the chills at the end ;p

I AM SPARTACUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7th March 2010, 18:32     #2571
Nuclear

Supernatural is so good because it never tries to be something more than what it is. A show about 2 brothers who drive around killing monsters and shit.

Oh and there was that after credits scene where Dean lip synchs to Eye of the Tiger.
Old 7th March 2010, 18:51     #2572
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
Oh and there was that after credits scene where Dean lip synchs to Eye of the Tiger.
Oh yeah, that was awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKYUtcHPQi4
Old 7th March 2010, 22:51     #2573
David

Quote:
latest Spartacus gave me the chills at the end ;p

I AM SPARTACUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the best new show on TV without doubt - although the wife gets a little pale faced whenever the graphic violence erupts.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:54     #2574
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
This is the best new show on TV without doubt
Amen, brother!

edit: Did you get through The Take?

Last edited by Warrick : 7th March 2010 at 22:56.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:56     #2575
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I have only seen one ep of Sparticus so far, but it's awesome alright
Old 7th March 2010, 23:01     #2576
David

Quote:
Amen, brother!

edit: Did you get through The Take?
Yeah, watched the Take - recommended it to a few people and burnt it off for some friends at work to watch.

Supernatural is awesome too, I actually never watched it but the wife is a huge fan and had bought a couple of seasons worth of DVD's before we met - she also got me into Smallville, ugh.

Re: Spartacus - even I think they go over the top sometimes in the filth they show, it just cracks me up whenever you hear John Hannah say something like "He can taste humility from the cock of my ludus"
Old 7th March 2010, 23:08     #2577
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Some Spartacus info
Quote:
* the show was conceived of by Legend of the Seeker producers Sam Raimi and Rob Tabert
* the series was shopped around for a while before Starz picked it up
* the show is bloody, filled with sex and violence
* though bloody, the show is graphically violent but not horror movie violent – more operatic in its violence
* the show has full nudity, both men and women
* the show will have a death toll like you’ve never seen on television before
* the actors did a month of Gladiator boot camp which involved 4 hours of physical training, specialized diet (which the actors are still on) and weapons training with swords, whips and spears
* Lucy Lawless said she was lucky to avoid having to participate in the boot camp but still works out as “being naked on screen is no fun”
* DeKnight says you’ve seen nothing like this on TV before
* Starz have been instrumental in allowing the creators of the show to do their thing without constraint
* Lucy Lawless didn’t have to audition and nearly didn’t take the role
* the casting of Andy Whitfield was determined by the casting director less than an hour after seeing his tape audition
* (so far) Erin Cummings’ character is the only female character to do fight scenes
* season one will consist of 13 episodes
* DeKnight says details on each episode are poured over as they “want every single episode to be spectacular”
* all of Spartacus’ motivations come from his love for his wife and desire to escape slavery to be with her
* Lucy Lawless says Spartacus is the most exciting series she’s ever worked on
* DeKnight refers to the original Gladiator fights as the “original UFC”
* Devil’s Due are releasing a Spartacus comic in October which will expand upon individual character’s stories
* a Watchmen style motion version of the comic will also be released (titled Spartacus: Upon The Sands Of Vengeance)
* the series definitely draws from elements of Frank Miller’s/Zack Snyder’s 300
* Tapert says there’s no room in Spartacus for humor like other shows he’s worked on
Old 7th March 2010, 23:12     #2578
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Supernatural is awesome too, I actually never watched it but the wife is a huge fan and had bought a couple of seasons worth of DVD's before we met - she also got me into Smallville, ugh.
My huband rolls his eyes when he sees me watching either of those shows but I can't get enough of them.

And every year they keep saying "this is the last season of Smallville", but apparently season 10 has now been given the green light. Yay
Old 7th March 2010, 23:13     #2579
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

I've been watching Smallville since the pilot on tv years and years ago, when I was 5th form or something. I still can't believe after a decade the cunt still can't fly. So many episodes frustrate me, but I continue to watch. I'm a huge fan of Superman. I wish they'd do another movie already. The last movie made heaps of cash. Kevin Spacey is fucking win as Lex Luthor. Brandon Routh was fine as Clark/Soop.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:14     #2580
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
* Lucy Lawless didn’t have to audition and nearly didn’t take the role
Ha! Of course she didn't have to audition. What sort of husband would make his wife audition for his own show!
Old 7th March 2010, 23:15     #2581
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Her breasts are incredible considering her age. And her and I are born on the same day. I'm so awesome.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:17     #2582
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Her breasts are incredible considering her age. And her and I are born on the same day. I'm so awesome.
I share a birthday with Gordon Ramsay. I too am awesome.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:18     #2583
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

I wish I had his birthday over Elle Macpherson and Lucy Lawless! He's my favourite celeb in the whole wide world!
Old 7th March 2010, 23:27     #2584
Markh

Quote:
I share a birthday with Gordon Ramsay. I too am awesome.
I think you mean that fucking you are fucking awesome!
Old 8th March 2010, 00:08     #2585
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
I've been watching Smallville since the pilot on tv years and years ago, when I was 5th form or something. I still can't believe after a decade the cunt still can't fly. So many episodes frustrate me, but I continue to watch. I'm a huge fan of Superman. I wish they'd do another movie already. The last movie made heaps of cash. Kevin Spacey is fucking win as Lex Luthor. Brandon Routh was fine as Clark/Soop.
IMO need to retire Smallville (which I havn't watched for yeeeears anyway...), and replace it with..... "METROPOLIS".

It'd pretty much be The New Adventures Of Lois and Clark, except with a different cast.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:10     #2586
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
IMO need to retire Smallville (which I havn't watched for yeeeears anyway...), and replace it with..... "METROPOLIS".
It's all in Metropolis these days anyways. Clark is with Lois. She's so fucking fake/ugly/forged. Can't stand whoever she is that plays her. Ugly++++++++ and the WORST actor in the world. Worser(yup, just said that) than anything you'd see in Twilight.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:13     #2587
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
I think you mean that fucking you are fucking awesome!
That's also accurate.

Quote:
It's all in Metropolis these days anyways. Clark is with Lois. She's so fucking fake/ugly/forged. Can't stand whoever she is that plays her. Ugly++++++++ and the WORST actor in the world. Worser(yup, just said that) than anything you'd see in Twilight.
Yeah I have never been entirely thrilled with the casting of Lois.. she just doesn't seem right for the part. Seemed a little too old even..

The chick who played Lana was gorgeous and likeable.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:14     #2588
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
The chick who played Lana was gorgeous and likeable.
I've rubbed one out to Kristin Kreuk many, many times. Love her to bits!
Old 10th March 2010, 11:40     #2589
orpheus
Jedi Knight

Thumbs up

South Park's 14th season and 200th Episode next week!
Old 10th March 2010, 11:50     #2590
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
I still can't believe after a decade the cunt still can't fly.
The show's creators have said he'll never fly, because they think it looks too cheesy. Though maybe they'll go that route soon and just handle it like they did with the Manhunter, where he's never actually shown flying, just appears / disappears with a woosh.

I'm liking it a lot more since Lana Lang left the series, she may have been hot but she was incredibly whiny and annoying. Geoff John's episodes from the last few seasons where they tie in elements from the larger DC universe have been my favourites; especially Michael Shanks as hawkman

Quote:
I wish they'd do another movie already.
They're starting production on one now. Chris Nolan has signed on as creative overseer or something, and the studio have said they want to go the "dark and gritty" style; which is kind of dumb since that suits Batman, but not Supes. No word on if it will have a giant spider or not though.
Old 12th March 2010, 20:10     #2591
lektronimo

Not sure if this is new, but the Daily Show and Colbert Report will be shown on Comedy Central from 6th of April according to this.
Old 13th March 2010, 08:45     #2592
Kryten

First pic of Felicia Day in SyFy's (ugh) new werewolf hunter movie, Red - http://twitpic.com/17yjxb

And the Beeb has announced Ashes to Ashes S3 for March 27.
Old 13th March 2010, 15:11     #2593
leadinjector

watched 3 eps so far of that spartacus show, and while entertaining i dont see what so spectacular about it. a lot of it just doesnt seem to fit in-

1. everyone says cunt all the time, and compares everything to cunts and dicks, and how death should be fucked and it should suck your dick.... not that i have a problem with that kind of language (although the missus hates the C word) but it just seems.... wrong when some greek dude with long hair calls some other guy a fucking cunt.

2. the gore is cool for the most part, right up until they do the *blood explosion, everything pauses* shit which just looks REALLY crap and comic booky. like in the second ep where the main guy gets hit in the back of the head with something and blood flies EVERYWHERE or when he stabs the guy with no legs. for a show thats not supposed to be humorous, it just slaps of comic book lols to me.

3. the main character is fucking retarded as far as i can tell, it takes him hours of beatings etc to figure out that hey, maybe being a gladiator and winning your freedom so you can find your wife would be a good idea? considering the alternative is being murdered.

4. does there need to be cock all over the place? tits and female ass sure, but lets face it the majority target audience for this probably doesnt want to see guys wandering around with their junk out.

still good show though lots of TNA and fucking and violence and all that great stuff just dont see what the rave reviews are about.
Old 13th March 2010, 23:16     #2594
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Thumbs up

The Ricky Gervais show is pure gold
Old 14th March 2010, 01:08     #2595
Cyberbob

Quote:
The Ricky Gervais show is pure gold
The podcast was pure gold (albeit a rehash of a lot of old brit XFM stuff), I havent seen the series though.. is it just a rehash?
Old 14th March 2010, 01:37     #2596
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
4. does there need to be cock all over the place? tits and female ass sure, but lets face it the majority target audience for this probably doesnt want to see guys wandering around with their junk out.
While I am not a fan of seeing penis, it wouldn't surprise me if a significant proportion of the audience are either female or gay.

I don't think it's spectacular either, but it's still an interesting watch. And there's potential for it to improve.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:16     #2597
[fe]

Finally started watching Charlie Brookers 5ep series Dead Set .

Why did I wait so long[?] its good.
Old 14th March 2010, 11:31     #2598
Vandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
The podcast was pure gold (albeit a rehash of a lot of old brit XFM stuff), I havent seen the series though.. is it just a rehash?

Yeah it's just a rehash but done in cartoon.

Still pretty funny and was a while since listening to the podcasts so forgotten a lot of it.
Old 14th March 2010, 15:07     #2599
Caesar

Being slow on the uptake, I've only just started watching Breaking Bad.
Yep pretty cool show indeed, but do you think I could find an uncut version of it somewhere? Nope.
Tried about 4 different torrent season packs and their all censored.
So annoying...
Old 14th March 2010, 15:27     #2600
MaZeR

I did see a couple of uncensored versions of the early shows but the video quality was poor. S1 DVD release must be floating around and S2 DVD is due 16/3/2010 while the new season 3 starts 20/03/2010.