Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28th June 2008, 19:34     #3921
Bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Yeah, it's dumb and also bad Christian theology.
Please to be pointing me to some good christian theology.
Old 28th June 2008, 22:04     #3922
Delphinus

Quote:
Science takes a theory and tries to establish it as the truth, and that's all this is.
Or should that be:
Quote:
Science takes a theory and tries to establish it as the truth, we just take another theory. Period.
Old 29th June 2008, 09:58     #3923
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Very angry

Neither. Don't pander to that terrible misrepresentation of what science does. That assumption is horseshit propaganda.

Science is about the data, and finding out how it goes together. It involves falsifiable tests (i.e. you must prove that it doesn't fail). If it can stand the tests - cool. If it predicts an outcome then it's very very accurate. Personal bias cannot come into play this way because the evidence may suggest otherwise. This is the creationists biggest problem - evidence. All, not some, all disciplines of science have independantly verified the mechanisms of evolution, especially in the biological world. The only counter-argument is a literal interpretation of the Bible. Which isn't really much in the way of concrete evidence, as any biblical scholar will tell you.

Last edited by Whiplash : 29th June 2008 at 10:00.
Old 29th June 2008, 13:02     #3924
xor

My brothers fat bitch girlfriend.

She stays at our place about 3 nights a week. She uses my girlfriends shampoo and conditioner so often that my gf has resorted to hiding it. The fat bitch doesn't cook or clean. And she doesn't contribute to the bills or buy any food.

Latest incident. She eats most of a pack of Chit Chats that my gf bought and left in the pantry. So I throw it in my bro's bedroom so the pig can finish them off. She comes out asking why they biscuits were thrown into their room. I carefully explain that they weren't hers and she ate most of the pack, and then she tells me how she thought 'everything in the pantry is communal'

IT'S NOT COMMUNAL YOU FREELOADING CUNT!
Old 29th June 2008, 13:11     #3925
Lightspeed

I can't say I have much sympathy for you. It's your responsibility to set and communicate your boundaries and impose the (previously communicated) consequences if those boundaries are breached.

Passive aggressive shit like what you did with the biscuits is for teenagers.
Old 29th June 2008, 14:09     #3926
Sp0nge

lol

'dont eat/use shit that doesnt belong to you'
seems like a reasonable assumption that hardly needs communicating in this case.

do you expect xor to go up to every person that's in his house and say:
"dont eat all the cookies or i'll pack a sad"
"dont go into my room and take my wallet, or i'll phone the cops"
etc?
Old 29th June 2008, 14:51     #3927
Delphinus

Ambulance at the bottom of the cliff mentality...

ie: Speed cameras outside schools just piss me off. (Well speed cameras in general)
Whereas those signs with flashing lights that come on around school start/finish times? I slow waaaay down and pay super attention.
Old 29th June 2008, 15:45     #3928
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
she tells me how she thought 'everything in the pantry is communal'
Everything in the pantry has been paid for by someone - someone <> brother's girlfriend.

She sounds a little inconsiderate and unthinking. Eating your boyfriend's food would be OK because he's getting some. Eating your boyfriend's flatmate's food is something you should be careful to avoid, because it will piss them off (and they aren't getting sexual favours so they may not be too tolerant).
Old 29th June 2008, 23:12     #3929
xor

Quote:
I can't say I have much sympathy for you. It's your responsibility to set and communicate your boundaries and impose the (previously communicated) consequences if those boundaries are breached.

Passive aggressive shit like what you did with the biscuits is for teenagers.
hmmmm how about the don't eat shit that ain't yours boundary?

She came out wondering why i threw the biscuits in my bro's room. So I told her that they were mine and she ate most of them so she may as well finish off the rest of them. She didn't even stop to say 'oops, i didn't realise they were yours...Sorry' Instead she runs away into the bathroom crying like a baby.

And this woman is a teacher...No wonder most kids are fucked up
Old 29th June 2008, 23:58     #3930
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
hmmmm how about the don't eat shit that ain't yours boundary?
That seems pretty obvious to me, however if I came across a situation where this wasn't clear, I would make it so. Throwing biscuits into a room hoping for an apology isn't what I would call clear. I would call that being a pussy, because you don't have the balls to say what you want in plain English.
Old 30th June 2008, 06:12     #3931
leadinjector

i feel dirty for agreeing with LS... just be straight up dewd. and tell your bro to ditch the fatty. should never fuck a girl you cant lift.
Old 30th June 2008, 07:00     #3932
QWERTY?

lol communication would work great, if everyone wasnt a self serving cunt

after many years of living in flats I came the realisation that some people are just fuckwits, inconsiderate and stupid, no amount of asking, nagging, abusing changes it, they will still go and eat your food, and I found if you confront them about it they just become more sneaky about it, like opening a pack of hashbrowns then putting it back in the freeze half full backwards, so you think its still full.

so fucken glad I finally only live with my wife.
Old 30th June 2008, 09:38     #3933
xor

Quote:
That seems pretty obvious to me, however if I came across a situation where this wasn't clear, I would make it so. Throwing biscuits into a room hoping for an apology isn't what I would call clear. I would call that being a pussy, because you don't have the balls to say what you want in plain English.
Did I mention that she didn't even acknowledge that she made a mistake?

I didn't bother saying anything because it's not the first time that she's done something retarded. We have a big freezer that could fit a few people in. One day she unplugs the freezer and plugs the dryer in (even though there is already a plug for the freezer) and she drys her clothes in it. She then forgets to plug the freezer back in and wastes about $300 worth of frozen food. Does she apologize? Nope. Does she even admit she did it? Hardly. She said 'I may have'
Old 30th June 2008, 09:47     #3934
Lightspeed

So kick her ass out. Or move out. Or don't, and accept that even with all her bullshit, it's not worth kicking her out or moving out.

This is something you have control over. Your choices are keep on being a passive-aggressive push-over. or take action.
Old 30th June 2008, 09:52     #3935
flic
Dee Hast Mish

I had shitty flatmates (one male, one female) who decided to start fucking and then decided they were in love.

Life became unbearable in that house

I was just about to ask them both to move out (and cop the whole rent on my own - which would have been really hard but worth it) and they broke up.

They both moved out without giving notice. which was great because 1. they were gone and 2. no bother with bond repayments.

Men become pussy's in flats when they're regularly sticking their dick in something and the female thinks she has some unruly power because she lets him.
Old 30th June 2008, 10:16     #3936
StN
I have detailed files

Very angry

Gear grind from last weekend - that bloody Insurance Ad, where the cute little kids have scrawled "I love you Mum" on the wall on crayon. It's all fun and games until your kid does it in Vivid on the carpet...

/well, I was just about to renovate her bedroom, so I wasn't too grumpy.
Old 30th June 2008, 10:57     #3937
xor

Quote:
So kick her ass out. Or move out. Or don't, and accept that even with all her bullshit, it's not worth kicking her out or moving out.

This is something you have control over. Your choices are keep on being a passive-aggressive push-over. or take action.
I can't kick her out. She's my brothers girlfriend and I have to keep my brother happy.

Dude, this isn't a Dr Phil thread. It's a gear grind thread. I don't need advice from you, you get things wrong
Old 30th June 2008, 10:59     #3938
Lightspeed

That's true. Passive aggression is just a pet peeve of mine.
Old 30th June 2008, 11:00     #3939
Reformed_Quint

If one of my flatties gfs rocked around, didn't pay bills etc. and ate my food, i'd stab her in the face.

Fuck that, peoples gfs staying more than a few nights a week need to bring peace offerings.

Its the law of the land, whether its drugs, cookies, beer, movies or their hot.... hot single friends.
Old 30th June 2008, 11:10     #3940
xor

Quote:
That's true. Passive aggression is just a pet peeve of mine.

Yeah and I am looking for a flat now
Old 30th June 2008, 11:26     #3941
Asriel

Pak n Save Royal Oak, for not having any scales in their produce section.
Old 30th June 2008, 11:58     #3942
CCS
Stunt Pants

Feefing a bunch of mp3s from someone else and lots of the ID3 are spurious. Jeezus. This is why I don't even bother with ID3 tags. All I need to know is the artist and song name. Jeezus. Shit. Fuck.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:19     #3943
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

So after the little storm that hit the lower North Island this weekend I now have no washing line and no back fence. That grinds my gears. Wonder whether the neighbours will approach us about replacing said fence....
Old 30th June 2008, 13:32     #3944
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
fuck a girl you cant lift.
please to be adding to quote database
Old 30th June 2008, 13:53     #3945
lektronimo

The 'fag-lisp' on the morning show on Channel One. FFS, I get it, you're a homo, but don't make my tv watching less enjoyable. Lisps on tv are as bad as south Auckland nigglet accents (bro talk).
Old 30th June 2008, 13:53     #3946
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
If one of my flatties gfs rocked around, didn't pay bills etc. and ate my food, i'd stab her in the face.

Fuck that, peoples gfs staying more than a few nights a week need to bring peace offerings.

Its the law of the land, whether its drugs, cookies, beer, movies or their hot.... hot single friends.
amen, hot single friends as always been my preference.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:28     #3947
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektronimo
The 'fag-lisp' on the morning show on Channel One. FFS, I get it, you're a homo, but don't make my tv watching less enjoyable. Lisps on tv are as bad as south Auckland nigglet accents (bro talk).

And also Peter Woparty who is the sky commentator for the Wawwiors.
Old 30th June 2008, 16:49     #3948
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Gear grind from last weekend - that bloody Insurance Ad, where the cute little kids have scrawled "I love you Mum" on the wall on crayon. It's all fun and games until your kid does it in Vivid on the carpet...

/well, I was just about to renovate her bedroom, so I wasn't too grumpy.

Call the insurance company, even if its minor. I dropped nail polish once on the carpet, broke a bottle and they replaced a whole house load of carpet. Seemed over the top to me but because the carpet we had was no longer being made they re did the whole thing.
Old 30th June 2008, 16:53     #3949
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Lakeport.
Old 30th June 2008, 17:18     #3950
CCS
Stunt Pants

Is that a flooded carport?
Old 30th June 2008, 18:07     #3951
Gentl e

Having to log into nzgames to enable ignore due to the higher % of retards who _choose_ to
post \
a muppet.
Old 1st July 2008, 00:20     #3952
p01s0n

fucking burgerking grinds my gears.

they got this new $3 bbq bacon cheeseburger, and I cant fucking order it, even if I actually directly order 'the $3 bbq bacon cheeseburger, please'. They fucking always always give me a double bbq bacon. Which in theory is 'good' since its a more expensive/filling burger for $3 - except it tastes like shit.

See, as most of you know im sure, the fucking beef at burger king has absolutely no taste - its 100% texture. And the two beef patties in the double burger just fucking overloads the bbq/bacon/cheese tastes. So I figure the little BBQ/Bacon with just one beef pattie must be a much nicer blend of burger texture and bbq/bacon/cheese tastes. Except every fucking time i've tried, they serve me a double.

Tonight I decided to give up on it. I said to my partner 'ok, tonight im getting the little burger, im gonna do it' and she was like 'lol whatever they never sell you that'. So i waltzed in, said to the bitch 'yo, can i get one ot dem three dolla bbq bacon chezeburgas. please?' and shes like 'yizzur, $3.' so I pay, and she gets the burger and im like 'fuuuck yes I cant believe this'. And just as she hands me the bag, and i say thanks and turn around to start to leave shes like

"i
gave
you
a
double
bbq
bacon
cause we have no bbq bacons made up"

Old 1st July 2008, 10:20     #3953
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
They fucking always always give me a double bbq bacon
Wow, is it really that hard to open the burger and take a beef patty out? Personally I like their beef patties and always order a burger with double meat. But if I was you I would just pull out a patty and eat the burger and not let it grind my gears.
Old 1st July 2008, 10:27     #3954
BadNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Wow, is it really that hard to open the burger and take a beef patty out? Personally I like their beef patties and always order a burger with double meat. But if I was you I would just pull out a patty and eat the burger and not let it grind my gears.
Burger king burgers are fused together with a thick layer of cheese. There's no easy removing a patty from those things.
Old 1st July 2008, 10:27     #3955
caffiend

LOL @ eating at Burger King.
Old 1st July 2008, 10:35     #3956
StN
I have detailed files

I was at McD's the other week, and a hippy guy asked for a cheeseburger without meat. WTF is that? A bun with a slice of cheese and a pickle?

They should have just given him a normal one and asked him to prove that it had meat in it.
Old 1st July 2008, 10:46     #3957
Lightspeed

Rechargeable batteries that don't hold their charge when left unused. I use rechargeable AAs ( new Energizers ) for my camera, which means I am limited in my spontaneous photo taking options.
Old 1st July 2008, 10:51     #3958
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint

yeah its pretty uncool for someone to be in your house all the fucking time. if they are that gay for each other they can get their own place imo.
Old 1st July 2008, 19:02     #3959
p01s0n

fucking cunts that come into the grind your gears thread and tell people not to let shit grind your gears grinds my gears.
Old 1st July 2008, 19:07     #3960
Cereal Killar

New Zealand Post.