User Name
Password

Old 6th June 2008, 20:57     #3561
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
They're probably still using 4:3 TVs...
Lulz. That shouldn't matter though. They should either be looking at their shit on a broadcast monitor which can switch between the ratios or they should be looking at it in a correctly shaped window on their computer... which still wouldn't preclude the need for having a broadcast monitor anyways. Don't even get me started on waveform/vectorscope monitors.

YEAH, GUESS WHO IS STILL AT WORK?!
Old 7th June 2008, 01:35     #3562
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Canned fruit from China.
/me checks Oak can labels more carefully.
A lot of Watties canned fruit is from China too.

People are only now discovering just how much of everything they buy is from China. Just because it's a Good Ol' Kiwi Brand doesn't mean shit these days.

Gear Grind: Kids that are going to be voting in their first election soon that think that voting National will change anything, because they've only been politically aware while Labour have been in power, and they think there's enough of a difference between the two big parties to make any noticeable difference for Average Joe. Plus they're strong believers of the Great Right Wing Lie: "There's room at the top they are telling you still".
Old 7th June 2008, 10:13     #3563
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Getting a prank call disguised as a collect call at 2am this morning. Fuck you asshole kids. Oh, and only getting 4 hours sleep with a big day ahead of me.
Old 7th June 2008, 11:13     #3564
?>Superman

ahahah
Old 7th June 2008, 11:24     #3565
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
A lot of Watties canned fruit is from China too.

People are only now discovering just how much of everything they buy is from China. Just because it's a Good Ol' Kiwi Brand doesn't mean shit these days.
Jesus tell me something I don't know. We buy from China?? Noooo!
Sorry, but it does mean shit. Oak for example are often on special and I weed through them getting the NZ version of the product. Do a side by side test and tell me they taste exactly the same. Then smell the empty cans afterwards and
tell me you're fine with eating out of it. I'm not.
Old 7th June 2008, 14:22     #3566
CCS
Stunt Pants

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH IPOD AND ITUNES!! Thanks a FUCKING BUNDLE for going ahead and turning off the Manually Manage Music option and then deleting 3 of out 5gb of mp3s I had there! FUCK YOU STEVE JOBS, THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU HATEFUL CUNT!
Old 7th June 2008, 15:57     #3567
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

fuck you maori girl standing beside me at subway singing your head off (badly)
fuck you people who dont know how to merge onto a motorway safely and at speed
fuck you people who insist on driving 20km/h below the speed limit
fuck you fuck you fuck you
Old 7th June 2008, 16:03     #3568
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Typical Aucklander~ motorway dramas causing stress.

Move cities cunt! Add 15 years to your life~
Old 7th June 2008, 16:44     #3569
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
FUCK YOU VERY MUCH IPOD AND ITUNES!! Thanks a FUCKING BUNDLE for going ahead and turning off the Manually Manage Music option and then deleting 3 of out 5gb of mp3s I had there! FUCK YOU STEVE JOBS, THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU HATEFUL CUNT!
Check your "My Documents" folder thoroughly. iTunes likely just moved them into folders based on Artist / Album.
I'm assuming that's what you mean and not that they disappeared off your iPod?
Old 7th June 2008, 18:41     #3570
CCS
Stunt Pants

It would appear they have disappeared right off my ipod. There was 1gb free before, now there's 4gb free... so... yeah, thanks itunes :/
Old 7th June 2008, 19:54     #3571
Mickey

Having to stop a netball game I was reffing to ask one guy to shut the fuck up grinds my gears. Your kid is ten and screaming at her that she is useless more than once is uncalled for you big fat pie eating fuck.
Old 7th June 2008, 19:58     #3572
Cereal Killar

Nice continous cloud of blue smoke from the exhaust of my car. Oh, how I hate you car.
Old 7th June 2008, 20:25     #3573
crocos

"Piece of shit car, I got a
I got a piece of shit car
my car's a fucking pile of shit
never gets me very far"...

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 8th June 2008, 14:27     #3574
Torka

People who think that knocking on someone's door and not getting a response means you can enter.
Old 8th June 2008, 14:56     #3575
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Typical Aucklander~ motorway dramas causing stress.

Move cities cunt! Add 15 years to your life~
oh i intend to, just trying to save for some land at the moment.
Old 8th June 2008, 15:56     #3576
Cereal Killar

Blue smoke has stopped now. Oil level remains above full but the plugs are fouled with a nice black soot. Suspect that the valve stems might be stuffed.

I suspect the search for a new car in the new future will grind my gears (as I can't justify spending any more repairing this car; just isn't worth the return when I sell it).
Old 8th June 2008, 17:53     #3577
Helious

get a corolla bro
Old 9th June 2008, 01:00     #3578
p01s0n

t-vis bro

bwaaaaaaaaorrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 9th June 2008, 10:12     #3579
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
t-vis bro
T-VIS: Who said high flow is good?
Old 9th June 2008, 11:13     #3580
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

my power band past 4k revs says so
Old 9th June 2008, 12:46     #3581
Reformed_Quint

Damn tvis and its torque smoothing bollox!

*Yay on forth attempt... damn tags

Last edited by Reformed_Quint : 9th June 2008 at 12:48.
Old 9th June 2008, 13:26     #3582
cEvin
Love In Vein

car people
Old 9th June 2008, 14:03     #3583
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Having to stop a netball game I was reffing to ask one guy to shut the fuck up grinds my gears. Your kid is ten and screaming at her that she is useless more than once is uncalled for you big fat pie eating fuck.
you should have screamed at her even louder and told her she wasn't screaming loud enough.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:19     #3584
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

theres a difference between cheering for your chosen team, and a kid screaming nothing but vowels for 10 minutes on end at high pitch.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:33     #3585
Baal

I'm tired of being told every year that I have to wash my dishes in the sink or turn my heater off or whatever because of power shortages.

The only people that take any notice are old (from the generation where being public spirited actually existed), and are quite likely to turn off their heaters and die.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:58     #3586
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

yea, how dare they try to instill in you any regard to energy conservation, energy is your right after all!
Old 9th June 2008, 15:01     #3587
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
yea, how dare they try to instill in you any regard to energy conservation, energy is your right after all!
Right on!
Old 9th June 2008, 15:10     #3588
Reformed_Quint

Half of SH11 doesn't exist according to my GIS maps.

I guess Paihia really is a hole

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

This grinds my gears.
Old 9th June 2008, 18:01     #3589
crocos

... though it makes the rest of us laugh.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th June 2008, 18:04     #3590
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
Fuck energy conservation - they can just get busy building a nuclear power plant.

What grinds my gears are the stupid Greenpeace cunts that oppose nuclear power - they put a lot of effort into opposing it while coal and gas power plants pour out a huge amount of Carbon Dioxide. This whole "we prefer solar and wind" shit is annoying - there is no way that is feasible (generating enough power from solar or wind) in the near future. I say cut their power off to leave enough for me!
Old 9th June 2008, 18:14     #3591
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
What grinds my gears are the stupid Greenpeace cunts that oppose nuclear power - they put a lot of effort into opposing it while coal and gas power plants pour out a huge amount of Carbon Dioxide. This whole "we prefer solar and wind" shit is annoying - there is no way that is feasible (generating enough power from solar or wind) in the near future. I say cut their power off to leave enough for me!
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash
Hippies grind my gears.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:17     #3592
Asriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Fuck energy conservation - they can just get busy building a nuclear power plant.

Go geothermal power! Drill down to hot rock, insert water, use steam to turn turbine, hey presto electricity. Different to what is in use in the Taupo area, as the fracturing and water injection is man made, but could still be used in that area.

Not having any where in NZ tectonically stable enough for nuclear power station grinds my gears.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:48     #3593
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
I'm tired of being told every year that I have to wash my dishes in the sink or turn my heater off or whatever because of power shortages.

The only people that take any notice are old (from the generation where being public spirited actually existed), and are quite likely to turn off their heaters and die.
funny, i was about to post this earlier today but realised my lunch break was quickly coming to and end. i'll post what i was gonna say anyway:

the inevitable propaganda in our media to save power, when most of us already are. i expect with higher living costs these days many families are already running as economic as possible.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:51     #3594
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asriel
Not having any where in NZ tectonically stable enough for nuclear power station grinds my gears.
add to that the inability of the grid to support a nuclear plant - including a backup solution should the plant need to be taken offline, and other issues such as the know-how of actually having a plant here.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:04     #3595
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asriel
Go geothermal power
No, it's the hippies fault. Goddam those hippies. Lord knows they deserve the amount of hate they get compared to those poor developers who'd basically scrap anything for a buck. So hippies are extreme, you need it to balance out the amount of money on the other side.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:08     #3596
StN
I have detailed files

"Don't turn off Camalco, you'll ruin the economy of Southland!"

Fair point.

"Don't build a wind turbine farm in Otago, you'll ruin the vista!"

Make up your mind...
Old 9th June 2008, 20:30     #3597
zeekiorage

At home we are already using as less electricity as possible. Don't have a dryer or heated towel rail. Got energy saving bulbs everywhere. It's not the best but house is fairly new, so it has good insulation. Only using oil column heaters when needed in the evening. Stopped Folding@Home a few months back, so computer stays off when not in use.

I guess I will be taking shorter showers and using the heater even less in the months to come.

What I want to know is, apart from running TV ads, what the government and industry are doing long term to solve this problem. Also people need to change their attitude towards major energy projects.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:30     #3598
Asriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
"Don't turn off Camalco, you'll ruin the economy of Southland!"

Fair point.

"Don't build a wind turbine farm in Otago, you'll ruin the vista!"

Make up your mind...
Haha yeah, so true. AFAIK camalco employees bugger all people and as a whole doesn't contribute that much to NZ, yet takes up ~10% (or greater, I can't remember) of NZ's power.

Madmax: True true. I hear that there is a world wide shortage of skilled nuclear plant workers.

Ocean wave turbine in the Kaipara?
Old 10th June 2008, 10:46     #3599
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

i think youll find that greenpeace and hippies (myself included) generally dont have a problem with nuclear anymore for those exact reasons. its much cleaner than coal/gas, and waste can now be contained fairly well (unlike in the past, when it was dumped).

reading doesnt hurt.
Old 10th June 2008, 11:27     #3600
?>Superman

Greenpeace isn't anti-nuclear no more?
http://www.greenpeace.org/internatio...paigns/nuclear
Quote:
Greenpeace has always fought - and will continue to fight - vigorously against nuclear power because it is an unacceptable risk to the environment and to humanity. The only solution is to halt the expansion of all nuclear power, and for the shutdown of existing plants.
LOL