what a dummy.
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:13     #322
ZoSo

What a bore.
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:22     #323
chubby

Crying

fair.
but im not here for much more these days.
so i dont care.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:34     #324
?>Superman

You got Zosowned tbh.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:44     #325
madmaxii

Goodo Chubby - Bon Voyage
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:48     #326
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

oh to be a 20-something lamer again...
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:34     #327
Hurtuso

omg echo chamber guard brownshirt
Old 4th June 2009, 01:06     #328
Wally Simmonds

On topic, I wonder what the recently resigned minister got in trouble for?
Old 4th June 2009, 06:51     #329
chubby

looks like sexual harassment.
Old 4th June 2009, 06:52     #330
chubby

...and that trip to india.
and the kid that got assaulted.
Old 4th June 2009, 09:01     #331
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

I love how the papers say "romantic favours", just come out and say he wanted sex already.
Old 4th June 2009, 09:07     #332
StN
I have detailed files

Goff was just on the radio saying the issues involved...

Asking the Korean married mother (and member of the Labour party?) to:

Go swimming,

Go overseas,

Wear see-through clothing.
Old 4th June 2009, 09:15     #333
[Malks] Pixie

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the next minister to go (whether of their own volition or chucked out) will be Anne Tolley - and I reckon it will be before the end of this year.

Pixie
Old 4th June 2009, 10:03     #334
CCS
Stunt Pants

Swimming? Swimming? SWIMMING?
Old 4th June 2009, 10:14     #335
StN
I have detailed files

Strangely Laws just referred to them as "See-through clothing and a bit of knob polishing"...
Old 4th June 2009, 10:17     #336
CCS
Stunt Pants

SWIMMING?!
Old 4th June 2009, 10:40     #337
?>Superman

If he was convicted of the offense, apparently he faces up to 2 years in prison...yeah that's gonna happen.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:02     #338
CCS
Stunt Pants

Seriously guy, she doesn't want to go swimming! Back off already!
Old 4th June 2009, 11:10     #339
StN
I have detailed files

He should have listened to his old man giving the sex talk...

"Look, if you ask a girl to go swimming, and she says no, don't lay to the point"
Old 4th June 2009, 11:47     #340
gentle

Very angry

Why is there such a high percentage of criminals in politics?

Every year at least 3 - 4 of them are up on charges of one sort or another, getting fired for doing stupid shit. Totally unnecessary stuff as well, it's not like they're poor, they get tons of free stuff and concessions but always, always, there's some doofus that thinks they're 'entitled' to some such bs and insists on staying in parliament (Tito drongo philip fuckwit), Dr Worthless (see what I did there), that scary bitch that went to prison for ripping off a fund (can't remember her name).

I've been in the workforce for 10 years, in that time I've come accross some awesomely useless people and perhaps 1 that committed serious fraud. Just through everyday observation I can say the ratio to criminals in parliament vs those in the workforce must be about 50 : 1.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:50     #341
?>Superman

People with more power tend to abuse it?

Sad thing is most of the time they waste a good sexual harassment charge on some fuggo.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:51     #342
Hurtuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Strangely Laws just referred to them as "See-through clothing and a bit of knob polishing"...
lol
Old 4th June 2009, 13:05     #343
CCS
Stunt Pants

More details revealed
Apparently Worth pestered the woman into going swimming with him only for him to take off his towel to reveal he was wearing a faux-leopard-skin g-string. He proceeded to strut around, rubbing his nipples and saying "Do I make you horny, baby? Do I?"
Old 4th June 2009, 19:00     #344
chubby

worth just gave a statement- he kept referring to 'criminal charges'. is harassment an offense?

i think he might be in much more trouble than it seems.

mebbe he and clint rickard should set up a little practice together.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:09     #345
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
People with more power tend to abuse it?
It's nothing more than people in power having lots of jealous enemies trying to dig-up or invent dirt on them. Normal people don't have to worry about this type of thing happening.

Politicians have to lead and have led lives that are far more squeeky clean than society demands of others. Not fair? Nope - but that's the way it is.

Famous people have the same trouble.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:25     #346
chubby

^^ rubbish- they dont HAVE to, they SAY they do...

and then get busted.
Old 5th June 2009, 09:02     #347
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Gotta love politicians, Goff is attacking Key for not sacking Worth immediately upon accusation, yet this was exactly Helen Clark's position a year ago with Winston; i.e. wait till there's proof of wrongdoing before taking action.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:17     #348
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
It's nothing more than people in power having lots of jealous enemies trying to dig-up or invent dirt on them. Normal people don't have to worry about this type of thing happening.

Politicians have to lead and have led lives that are far more squeeky clean than society demands of others. Not fair? Nope - but that's the way it is.

Famous people have the same trouble.
I'd argue that at least with the politicians, it's entirely fair. They volunteer and are given privaleges and powers above and beyond anyone else in society. They are put in charge of the collective wealth and production of the nation. They should be subject to all possible scrutiny.

The unfair part is that relatively irrelevant moral issues are often held as high as massively relevant corruption issues. Just look at the stir made about Bill getting a bj, which to be honest wasn't great, but it's just not even in the same ballpark as something like Bush giving uncontested contracts to companies his entire cabinet had links to.

Still, better they both take flack than neither.

Celebs, well a ton of them bring it on themselves. There are plenty of very famous people you rarely see in gossip mags, because they don't do stupid shit constantly. Or intentionally make themselves targets of the pap early in their careers to build their fame and then complain once they're famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Gotta love politicians, Goff is attacking Key for not sacking Worth immediately upon accusation, yet this was exactly Helen Clark's position a year ago with Winston; i.e. wait till there's proof of wrongdoing before taking action.
Both sides do this. It's part of two party politics. And i'd rather they be hypocrites and point out each others flaws than both let each other get away with it.

America eh. Bush made other politicians seem great. Now look at the fucker Obama. Makes everyone look bad. Not that he's perfect, but really, wow. Its just gonna make it all the more heartbreaking when he eventually turns out to be a cunt like all other politicians.

Last edited by JP : 5th June 2009 at 10:20.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:47     #349
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
I'd argue that at least with the politicians, it's entirely fair. They volunteer and are given privaleges and powers above and beyond anyone else in society. They are put in charge of the collective wealth and production of the nation. They should be subject to all possible scrutiny.
Hang on a second here - are you talking about MP's, Ministers, or all politicians (i.e. people who have lobied and been elected to role)? The reason I ask is not all politicians are "put in charge of our collective wealth or the protection of the nation" - it sounds like you are specifically talking about Ministers of Parliment (i.e. not just sitting Members of Parliment). The other side of the coin is that there are people who are elected to positions "in charge of our collective wealth" who are not politicians - think of our SOE's and CRI's - these places are in charge of significant resources owned by the nation and are governed by a CEO usually.

At the end of the day everyone who works volunteers for the role that they work in, and get selected from a pool of applicants - just like in an election - some of these people do end up being in charge of significant national resources...

Pixie
Old 5th June 2009, 10:48     #350
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
Amen, if you knew half the shit your mates had done, you wouldn't want to know them. You're just not important enough to have anyone snoop into your life.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:50     #351
BoyWonder

I find Phil Goff amusing. On Breakfast or whatever it is yesterday he said that he should have been "suspended on the basis of innocent until proven guilty"
Old 5th June 2009, 10:55     #352
BadNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
I find Phil Goff amusing. On Breakfast or whatever it is yesterday he said that he should have been "suspended on the basis of innocent until proven guilty"
Ahh the Taito Phillip Field / Benson-Pope approach.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:55     #353
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
he should have been "suspended on the basis of innocent until proven guilty"
Its how the justice system works in NZ, you have to be proven guilty. I think it's a dutch system???

The other side of it is you're guilty until you prove you are innocent.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:59     #354
BoyWonder

Thanks for spelling it all out! My point was the statement seemed to be a contradiction in terms.
Old 5th June 2009, 11:01     #355
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Thanks for spelling it all out! My point was the statement seemed to be a contradiction in terms.
Ah, i see, thought.... well... not sure what i thought.

But you're right. Its a bit of a daft thing to say.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:45     #356
Deadmeat

So there was enough evidence of something that:

Mr Key said "the police complaint - which relates to a separate allegation - was serious and he would have sacked Dr Worth if he had refused to fall on his sword over behaviour "not befitting a minister".
... There was no way for Dr Worth to return as a minister"

But Worth doesn't want anyone judging him because "I have not committed any offence."
Old 5th June 2009, 14:13     #357
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Until he's charged and a court finds him guilty, then he hasn't committed an offence. He might have done something, but whether or not that something can be described by the legal term "offence" can only be determined by a court.
Old 5th June 2009, 21:50     #358
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the next minister to go (whether of their own volition or chucked out) will be Anne Tolley - and I reckon it will be before the end of this year.

Pixie
im perplexed- from a pretty reliable source, anne is a hard worker with a few clues....
do tell, or please expand.
Old 5th June 2009, 22:03     #359
zeekiorage

Mr Worth should borrow the big 'NO' sign from Mr Peters.

BTW, how are you doing Winston?
Old 6th June 2009, 00:10     #360
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Amen, if you knew half the shit your mates had done, you wouldn't want to know them. You're just not important enough to have anyone snoop into your life.
compartmentalization- its more than a trait. it's a goal.