You get the shivers when aroused ?
Old 7th December 2015, 14:20     #3482
pxpx

Old 7th December 2015, 14:39     #3483
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spigalau
You get the shivers when aroused ?
The only arousal that's going on is my fight or flight response.
Old 7th December 2015, 14:52     #3484
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
[img]hotcollins.jpg[/img]
Looking at that photo, who'd have thought she'd turn into a scary old porridge-legged woman.
Old 7th December 2015, 16:48     #3485
fixed_truth

Old 7th December 2015, 19:56     #3486
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, like that, but with a pair of stockings filled with porridge.
Old 7th December 2015, 20:20     #3487
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Y U NO LOVE CRUSHER
Old 7th December 2015, 23:06     #3488
CCS
Stunt Pants

Oh I think she'd be a great Mayor for Auckland. She'd cut right through the bullshit and that is sorely needed right now. A shame she isn't running.

But I think wistfully of young Judith in that photo and how much I like slender arms... that ebullient smile... and now...
Old 8th December 2015, 07:24     #3489
StN
I have detailed files

Old 9th December 2015, 13:09     #3490
pxpx

Serco sacked:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11558364
Old 10th December 2015, 10:06     #3491
Juju
get to da choppa

Would have been political suicide to renew the contract.

So what happens now - does the gov take over the place or do they put it to tender again?
Old 10th December 2015, 10:12     #3492
CCS
Stunt Pants

I think they'll have to let corrections take over for a while so that the public can see how shit they are at it.
Old 10th December 2015, 12:32     #3493
blynk

They still have the contracts till 2017. The government will put another tender out. I doubt they will bring in back in house in an election year where the opposition will have them up on how bad privatisation is.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:49     #3494
Lightspeed

While democracy wanes across the world, ours still holds:
High Court finds police raid on Nicky Hager was illegal
Old 18th December 2015, 09:02     #3495
pxpx

I wonder if that's like getting off a speeding ticket because the officer writing the ticket put on the wrong date, or if the 'relevant' information would have changed the original decision to issue the warrant? The article doesn't mention much, but yeah these sure are the end times.
Old 18th December 2015, 14:30     #3496
Lightspeed

You know, it doesn't need to be end times for things to be bad. Hideous, all consuming war isn't that great either. That does happen, you know? It's happened within living memory.

I wonder about the propensity to consider our power structures as right and just, stable and nourishing. When so often we see that's not the case, with devastating consequences.
Old 18th December 2015, 14:49     #3497
pxpx

Old 18th December 2015, 15:16     #3498
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
I wonder if that's like getting off a speeding ticket because the officer writing the ticket put on the wrong date, or if the 'relevant' information would have changed the original decision to issue the warrant? The article doesn't mention much, but yeah these sure are the end times.
Reads to me like the police didn't tell the judge who issued the warrant that the guy whose house they wanted to search was a political journalist.
Old 21st December 2015, 10:44     #3499
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Reads to me like the police didn't tell the judge who issued the warrant that the guy whose house they wanted to search was a political journalist.
Yup... It seems when Police submit to a judge for a warrant they have to act as both prosecution and defence for the accused. In this case they 'forgot' to mention the small fact that he was a journalist (Although surely the issuing judge would have heard of Nicky Hagar?) and was protected under such and such freedom of press/protecting sources laws yadda yadda.
Old 22nd December 2015, 07:35     #3500
fixed_truth

Quote:
Whatever his detractors think of his politics, even the Prime Minister is entitled to a bit of natural justice. Without evidence to the contrary, Key has effectively been declared guilty for a joke he did not make and did not even know was a joke. And there is no evidence to the contrary.

There was nothing in his reaction to the soap that indicated he detected such overtones, just bafflement as to why there was soap there at all. There is no reason to doubt his denial to White Ribbon, no matter what his detractors say. I knew of the reference, but several acquaintances had to Google it.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11564464

I agree in this situation Key genuinely didn't know what was going on.
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:35     #3501
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth

That's why the PM would have minders who make sure this shit doesn't happen. The PM has an interview on the radio with a bunch of woodstock drinking bogans? Perhaps I better go to the station first and i dunno, CHECK IF THERE IS A CAGE WITH A BAR OF SOAP ON THE FLOOR?
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:53     #3502
CCS
Stunt Pants

Reckon he doesn't care, eh. 'Cos he's not precious. Eh.
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:20     #3503
ZoSo

Kyle MacDonald hitting peak Key derangement syndrome by actually seriously using "triggered" on national tv news. Unbelievable.
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:24     #3504
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth

But he's just one of the guys. How would he not know what bending over and picking up soap means.
Old 22nd December 2015, 13:07     #3505
CCS
Stunt Pants

What's he supposed to do? Look like a sour cunt and refuse to do what he's asked after initially being up for it? That's the sort of shit Andrew Little would pull. Being a miseryguts is the domain of the Left.

Somebody is always going to be offended, no matter what. When it comes to Key, people are actively seeking out reasons to be offended and it doesn't even matter any more that Key hasn't actually said anything.
Old 22nd December 2015, 13:57     #3506
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
What's he supposed to do?
"Yeah, nah mate, I won't be doing that."

If pushed, in a more serious tone:
"I'm sorry, it seems like we would be making light of prison rape, which I can't do."

Many may not know how to maintain these kind of boundaries, but I would expect the PM to be able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Somebody is always going to be offended, no matter what. When it comes to Key, people are actively seeking out reasons to be offended and it doesn't even matter any more that Key hasn't actually said anything.
No, rape and sexual violence is a well understood serious problem that limits the quality of our society.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 22nd December 2015 at 13:59.
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:15     #3507
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
"Yeah, nah mate, I won't be doing that."

If pushed, in a more serious tone:
"I'm sorry, it seems like we would be making light of prison rape, which I can't do."

Many may not know how to maintain these kind of boundaries, but I would expect the PM to be able to.
Of course he knew they were going to have him pick up soap. Maybe he should have said "Nah mate, somebody, somewhere, somehow will be offended"

Quote:
No, rape and sexual violence is a well understood serious problem that limits the quality of our society.
John Key hasn't raped anybody.
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:24     #3508
Lightspeed

You seem to not understand why people are offended. It's not simply because they don't like rape. It's because the person most responsible for where our country's resources are spent is demonstrating an indifferent attitude to sexual violence, which is well understood to have a significantly detrimental impact on our society.

This means that a) more people are likely to be impacted by sexual violence (consider roast busters for example) and b) those impacted by sexual violence are less likely to get help and support to recover.

And we can see this beyond these kind of seemingly superficial events. I'm sure I don't need to demonstrate again how under National the services that would help those facing sexual violence have been undermined.

Either you don't understand, or you're being a cunt CCS. Either option seems equally likely.
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:49     #3509
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
You seem to not understand why people are offended. It's not simply because they don't like rape. It's because the person most responsible for where our country's resources are spent is demonstrating an indifferent attitude to sexual violence, which is well understood to have a significantly detrimental impact on our society.
No. He's responding indifferently to people who are moaning and holding him responsible for the actions of a radio station.
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:08     #3510
Lightspeed

No. By making light of rape, he's demonstrating his indifference to rape.

I mean, I don't think rape jokes are taboo, sometimes you need some gallows humour. But this in the PM and in public he's always acting in the capacity of the PM. It's not on that he pulls this shit.
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:19     #3511
pxpx

Quote:

I mean, I don't think rape jokes are taboo, sometimes you need some gallows humour. But this in the PM and in public he's always acting in the capacity of the PM. It's not on that he pulls this shit.
Key Derangement Syndrome in full effect right here
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:24     #3512
Lightspeed

Old 22nd December 2015, 15:45     #3513
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I don't think he is making light of rape. I think the radio DJs were making light of rape.

Quote:
I don't think he's pulling any shit. I think some radio DJs are.

I think people feel more strongly about their John Key Derangement Syndrome than they do about rape issues.
Rape issues are really just a vessel for people to express their John Key-related rage. Doesn't matter what the vessel is, as long as they get to do it.
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:54     #3514
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I don't think he is making light of rape. I think the radio DJs were making light of rape.

I don't think he's pulling any shit. I think some radio DJs are.

I think people feel more strongly about their John Key Derangement Syndrome than they do about rape issues.
Rape issues are really just a vessel for people to express their John Key-related rage. Doesn't matter what the vessel is, as long as they get to do it.
I get that JK might have got caught up in some radio DJs' stupid joke, he's the PM he can do better. Remember the hoopla about a minister who forgot a 10 year old letter?

I understand you may be only able to think of once instance at a time, but many are able to consider a larger picture, a broader context. The shit JK has been pulling goes far beyond this instance.

And we will all pay the price and we will blame not those in power, but those vulnerable to it.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 22nd December 2015 at 15:55.
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:49     #3515
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Long piece, insightful, you read.

http://www.theawl.com/2015/12/access-denied
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:15     #3516
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

You're tripping balls if you think John Key doesn't know a prison rape joke when he sees one.
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:39     #3517
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Long piece, insightful, you read.

http://www.theawl.com/2015/12/access-denied
Can I read it after the Trumpocalypse?
Old 28th December 2015, 15:12     #3518
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Proven. KDS too strong. Even get a free pass with it.
http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2015/12/kyle_macdonald.html
Old 28th December 2015, 16:41     #3519
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 29th December 2015, 14:39     #3520
Lightspeed

I'm sorry guys, the government disagrees, NZ's mental health is perfectly fine.