NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 14th November 2013, 14:53     #34721
GM

I'm sitting at home waiting for a lock smith to arrive after being burgled for the 2nd time in a week, this time they took a brand new 50" lcd TV - that being the only thing we've replaced since the last burglary.

The reason I came home early was because I was dropping off my car some idiot crashed into the back of has just been fixed / resprayed from a few weeks ago.

Back to the burglary; I went over to the neighbours place to check if he saw anything and he mentions he saw his nephew putting the TV into a car and taking off, I'm now also waiting for him to get back to me to see if the little shit will return it. So Bobby Murray, if you're reading this - return the TV pal

So yeah, good times.
Old 14th November 2013, 14:54     #34722
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
I'm sitting at home waiting for a lock smith to arrive after being burgled for the 2nd time in a week, this time they took a brand new 50" lcd TV - that being the only thing we've replaced since the last burglary.

The reason I came home early was because I was dropping off my car some idiot crashed into the back of has just been fixed / resprayed from a few weeks ago.

Back to the burglary; I went over to the neighbours place to check if he saw anything and he mentions he saw his nephew putting the TV into a car and taking off, I'm now also waiting for him to get back to me to see if the little shit will return it. So Bobby Murray, if you're reading this - return the TV pal

So yeah, good times.
I've read your post several times and I still can't find the bit where you call the police...?
Old 14th November 2013, 15:14     #34723
GM

I rang the police call centre after talking to the neighbour, the job was logged and a police man just called me a few minutes ago - he's going to follow it up.
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:01     #34724
CCS
Stunt Pants

People who pronounce Mobil as mobile
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:25     #34725
xor

My balls sticking to the side of my leg
Old 30th November 2013, 09:52     #34726
Spink

Ants in mouth
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:38     #34727
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The smell of patriarchal speciesist oppression

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9464...oks-up-trouble
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:58     #34728
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The smell of patriarchal speciesist oppression

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9464...oks-up-trouble
Good marketing at least. I'm heading up there this weekend so might have to check it out.
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:35     #34729
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11166309
Old 3rd December 2013, 21:11     #34730
Lightspeed

Wow. All kinds of grim there. 2 hours? Sheeit. :/
Old 4th December 2013, 13:46     #34731
chubby

sanding.
gmg.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:46     #34732
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
sanding.
gmg.
Yes.
I've heard people say that's why no one becomes a plasterer anymore, historically, it was the apprentice who sanded, the journeyman who stopped. Rules change, and you ain't allowed to do that no more. (no beasting).
Old 5th December 2013, 11:18     #34733
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Yes.
I've heard people say that's why no one becomes a plasterer anymore, historically, it was the apprentice who sanded, the journeyman who stopped. Rules change, and you ain't allowed to do that no more. (no beasting).
Work experience day for me was drilling holes in the GIB roof (before those nice catcher tools) for light fittings, sanding the plaster and then sweeping up the mess.
End of the day dad said: "So do you want to be a builder?"
" ... No"
"Good .... now fuck off..."
Parenting! lol

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 5th December 2013, 13:47     #34734
chubby

lol ^^
Old 20th December 2013, 17:55     #34735
xor

Christmas time with my mother in law.

My wife has always been an awesome host and gone to a lot of effort for her mother when she comes to visit. She bakes bread, makes her own pasta, cheese, baking, fucken everything. It is rarely reciprocated which has always upset me, I never mention this to my wife because that's just the way it is.

We are hosting Christmas day this year and my mother in law wanted to know what she could bring to eat. Seeing as she has always gone to minimal effort whenever we have visited her I thought it would be best that she could simply buy some cheeses/antipasto because it's really simple to arrange. All I asked was that she put some Stilton cheese in the mix. Is it a difficult thing to ask? It's readily available at any reasonably deli, nosh, farro etc. Instead I receive a call from her, she's at Pak n Save.

'Hi xor, I'm at Pak n' Save. They don't have Stilton cheese. Is it ok if I get some of this mainland stuff?'

What am I to say to such a question?
Old 20th December 2013, 18:33     #34736
leadinjector

you sound like a lamo cheese snob tbh.
Old 20th December 2013, 18:55     #34737
CCS
Stunt Pants

Shit mang, I guess stilton makes christmas, eh?
Old 20th December 2013, 19:10     #34738
xor

You phaggots missed the point.
Old 20th December 2013, 19:33     #34739
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Shit mang, I guess stilton makes christmas, eh?
Yeah it kind of does. It's the principle. Example, last time my mother in law came up to Auckland my wife made some sour dough and a lasagne made from scratch (Homemade lasagne sheets, mozzarella, meat Saaaaaaauce) and all that my mother in law could say was 'that was ok...'

So yeah, a little bit of thought of others can go a long way.
Old 20th December 2013, 19:35     #34740
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

not worth it man, smile sweetly and stfu.
Old 20th December 2013, 20:43     #34741
StN
I have detailed files

FFS Xor - are you trying for the mother daughter combo?? No? then STFU and take the good with the bad. And quietly hide some nice Stilton, some aged port wine cheddar, and maybe some Wensleydale (Yes! - oh, that's my name...) in a room off to the side that you may want to visit from time to time and have a wee private Xmastime. And a nice cigar.
Old 20th December 2013, 21:42     #34742
xor

Yeah I know. Of course I'll STFU. It's the path of least resistance. I'm just having a fucken moan.

I'll still be grilling like a bause and carving the meat at the head of the table with my whanau I'm not going to let one cunty thing ruin my day.
Old 20th December 2013, 23:17     #34743
madmaxii

Give her the burnt bits.
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:18     #34744
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
Give her the burnt bits.
Or even better, the undercooked bits.
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:50     #34745
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fucking dipshit dog owners who let their dogs into NZ bush off-leash

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11177120
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:33     #34746
aR Que

Quote:
hunting in native forest south of Coromandel.
??
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:00     #34747
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Fucking dipshit dog owners who let their dogs into NZ bush off-leash

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11177120
eh I bet 95% of hunters would have just left it there or chucked it in a river - he's better than most despite the bad situation. Not like you can train a dog not to bite a kiwi (due to how few of them there are) and what's the point of a hunting dog on a leash lol. Sounds like the real problem is that hunting is legal there, not the guy doing the hunting in what he thought was an okay area.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:18     #34748
[LvN]N3misiS

http://www.kiwisforkiwi.org/what-we-...ning-for-dogs/
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:30     #34749
aR Que

You get something stuck into you, you don't really notice till a day later, when that shit is hurtin', hurting so bad, you just gotta say, dang, i wish it wasn't hurtin' so bad.
You stab at it with a few things, dig a hole, try to find wtf is making the hurt. Gets pretty messy and you decide you are no nurse, so just get wasted instead.
Few days later tho and it starts smellin' a bit, ya know. Hurtin' aint the problem so much as half your finger has gone bad. Time for the knife.

This kinda shit GMG, nothing worse than hacking at bad flesh.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:48     #34750
CCS
Stunt Pants

Your finger gonna rot off. Go to the medics.
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:01     #34751
Savage

Quote:
You get something stuck into you, you don't really notice till a day later, when that shit is hurtin', hurting so bad, you just gotta say, dang, i wish it wasn't hurtin' so bad.
You stab at it with a few things, dig a hole, try to find wtf is making the hurt. Gets pretty messy and you decide you are no nurse, so just get wasted instead.
Few days later tho and it starts smellin' a bit, ya know. Hurtin' aint the problem so much as half your finger has gone bad. Time for the knife.

This kinda shit GMG, nothing worse than hacking at bad flesh.
lol why not just go see the local hot nurse and ask her for some TLC? Maybe show her the guns and get a number or something, nomesain?
Old 4th January 2014, 19:47     #34752
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
lol why not just go see the local hot nurse and ask her for some TLC? Maybe show her the guns and get a number or something, nomesain?
prolly has an android naamsayin
Old 5th January 2014, 13:28     #34753
aR Que

Got two, it makes it better, cause you hate the one you're using more than the other.

So, went and saw a nurse, i think she was impressed; 'errrr, yea... you definitely got what was in there, out.'
Old 5th January 2014, 17:21     #34754
Savage

Quote:
Got two, it makes it better, cause you hate the one you're using more than the other.
Talking about nurses or phones?
Old 8th January 2014, 09:07     #34755
cyc
Objection!

So a cyclist appears to have run a traffic light....

..... and was hit by a truck and killed. And what are the responses from the cyclists of this world? Blame the roads and trucks around the area! Genious at work.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11182745

Quote:
Simione Maamaloa was on his way to the beach when he heard a loud bang. He watched in horror as a cyclist flew through the air before going underneath a truck, its driver oblivious to the collision at one of Auckland's busiest intersections.

Police are investigating how and why the collision occurred, but revealed last night the truckie had the green light at the intersection.
Quote:
Police said it appeared the cyclist had been riding down Parnell Rise and was turning left into Stanley St when he collided with the truck, which was travelling straight through from The Strand.
Quote:
Barbara Cuthbert, chairwoman for Cycle Action Auckland, said the death was a tragedy.

"Cycling deaths with trucks are becoming a real worry. Quite honestly, it's just a horrendous accident because cyclists are so vulnerable when the scale between the truck and cyclist is so appallingly different. It's just not safe having the two modes sharing the same stretch of road."

Greens MP Julie Anne Genter said the city needed more dedicated cycle lanes, like other international cities.

"Cities like Auckland overseas, they're putting a lot more focus on cyclists. I think Auckland is falling behind. They [the authorities] have got to make it more of a priority.

"People feel really unsafe to cycle even short distances. There needs to be separated cycle lanes, particularly in the inner-city area."

In Auckland in 2012 there was one cyclist killed and 205 injured. Nationally there were eight killed and 828 injured. The numbers were similar for the previous four years.

The section of road where yesterday's accident happened, between Alten Rd and Tamaki Dr, is not considered a motorway, so cyclists are able to use it.

"There have been two serious injuries involving cyclists and four with minor injuries in the last five years [in that stretch]. And none at that particular intersection," NZ Transport Agency spokesman Ewart Barnsley said.

Richard Loseby, a cyclist who works near the crash scene, said the site was notorious for road users running the lights.

"I think it's because everyone is really amping to get through the lights and get on their way.

"If you're a cyclist anywhere between the port and Stanley St, you're in trouble. It's just continual trucks with heavy trailers going through. That would be Auckland's Bermuda Triangle, that's where the bad shit happens. I see it every day."
Old 8th January 2014, 09:11     #34756
aR Que

Quote:
The section of road where yesterday's accident happened, between Alten Rd and Tamaki Dr, is not considered a motorway, so cyclists are able to use it.

"There have been two serious injuries involving cyclists and four with minor injuries in the last five years [in that stretch]. And none at that particular intersection," NZ Transport Agency spokesman Ewart Barnsley said.
What's nztas involvement with auckland local roads? (its not a SH, right?)
Old 8th January 2014, 09:30     #34757
Lightspeed

I thought it was SH16?

My assumption was the cyclist fucked up. I drive around that area a lot and trucks toe the line from what I can tell. Hooning down the hill, lost control maybe?
Old 8th January 2014, 13:37     #34758
ala*

seems to me more like they are lobbying for dedicated bike paths ... it can and should be done. auckland SUCKS for riding a bike.

edit: not saying the cyclist wasn't a total tool for running the red

Last edited by ala* : 8th January 2014 at 13:40.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:00     #34759
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Of course! Because a dedicated bike path would have prevented this tard from biking straight through a red light.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:14     #34760
^BITES^

NZTA .. or NZ Police.... maybe a combo? Whoever decides this shit needs to be shot in the face with buckshot, and Salt+Vinegar

These new "tougher on speeding" bullshit is making EVERY FUCKER drive like a complete dickhead .... or maybe its more obvious now..

Now .. I don't mind if you as a driver want to drive at 80kph on a motorway ... "OMG TICKETS!!" and shit sure ... but if you are a driver doing 80kph in the fast lane or doing the "I'll match the same 80kph speed as the dickhead in the lane next to me" (like some rolling fucking roadblock) ... you are a DICKHEAD.

You end up having to undertake people because your are doing the speed limit ... fuck its annoying ...

()_) ()_)--o-)_)