Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 7th August 2013, 15:03     #34441
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
had a roast chicken roll for lunch.
oh man. place down the road (well, it's a bit of a jaunt, not to far, but it ain't the closest, you understand?) does the king of all roast pork rolls. almost a whole Fucking pig. heaps of gravy and cheese. but, the way you know its serious, is that its kept with the chips, to, you know, insure its delivered at the optimum temp.

moari fullah runs it too, so you know its quality kai, none of this chink rubbish, chur!
Old 7th August 2013, 15:18     #34442
p01s0n

oh shit son that sounds legit
Old 7th August 2013, 23:27     #34443
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamcheese
AMBER Alerts in the middle(ish) of the night grind my gears, and fucking terrify me at the same time.

Just before 11 last night as I was happily dozing off, all the iPhones in the house start broadcasting some emergency signal alerting us that some shit was going down with a Blue Nissan Versa. Not having a clue what the hell an AMBER alert was, here's me thinking it was some shitty compact car loaded with explosives bout to blow some shit up. Turns out some kids got boosted all the way down in San Diego so the powers that be decided to wake all of California up just in case.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for not abducting kids or whatever, but you don't have to wake a nigger up over it.
Wait so AMBER alerts just automatically pop up on your phone regardless of anything, if you live in the US? Fuck that noise.
Old 8th August 2013, 03:31     #34444
creamcheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Wait so AMBER alerts just automatically pop up on your phone regardless of anything, if you live in the US? Fuck that noise.
Yep, I think you have to have a newish phone, most folks at work got it. I guess we can count ourselves lucky it wasn't at 4:00am like those poor pricks in NY a few weeks ago.

You can turn them off in iOS, under Notifications, Government Alerts. I left it on, ya know.. for the kids n all.

Last edited by creamcheese : 8th August 2013 at 03:35.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:17     #34445
Lightspeed

Every so often I think "well, maybe we're not completely fucked" then something reminds me we probably are:
New records for sea ice loss, greenhouse gas in 2012

Quote:
The world lost record amounts of Arctic sea ice in 2012 and spewed out all-time high levels of greenhouse gases by burning fossil fuels, international climate scientists said Tuesday.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:55     #34446
MadMax
Stuff

Must suck for the guy that's running this realm. Thinking about our spaceward endeavours, Will it be like when you play civ and you fail cause you didn't quite get that research done in time. Will the realm master get us to another planet in time? (So we can rape another ...)

Last edited by MadMax : 8th August 2013 at 13:57.
Old 8th August 2013, 15:53     #34447
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Holy fucking shit.
Old 8th August 2013, 19:57     #34448
MadMax
Stuff

Well played.
Old 8th August 2013, 23:07     #34449
Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Every so often I think "well, maybe we're not completely fucked" then something reminds me we probably are:
New records for sea ice loss, greenhouse gas in 2012
Meanwhile at the other end of the planet... antarctic-sea-ice-extent-breaks-july-records
Old 9th August 2013, 09:29     #34450
pxpx

Sums it up rly.
Old 9th August 2013, 09:31     #34451
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

You're not suggesting that we have seasons and that they're cyclic, are you?
Old 9th August 2013, 09:58     #34452
Lightspeed

lolz, who would have thunk Pimp-X is a climate change denier. Damn, another topic I'll have to avoid in case he gets all sensitive and starts banning.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:40     #34453
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
You're not suggesting that we have seasons and that they're cyclic, are you?
Climate Scientists July 2013: THE ARCTIC POLAR ICECAP IS RECEDING!!!!!
Climate Scientists January 2013: THE ANTARCTIC IS EXPERIENCING RECORD ICE LOSS!

Also, lolling @ "climate change denier" - that is a borderline godwinning post.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:41     #34454
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

No kidding.. back to the
Old 9th August 2013, 12:42     #34455
Lightspeed

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, it sounds like you're suggesting no news here, everything is fine. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the tone?

People realise the issue with climate change in the short term is weather extremes, right? In a stable climate records should be rarely re-made rather than frequently. Warming is the long term problem, although we're going to be fucked before warming becomes a direct global issue.
Old 9th August 2013, 14:02     #34456
CCS
Stunt Pants

Did you also study climate change at Wikiversity?
Old 9th August 2013, 14:45     #34457
Lightspeed

Cripes, of course, how could I be so stupid. I don't have a doctorate in each of the fields related to climate change, so I have nothing to worry about!
Old 9th August 2013, 14:47     #34458
CCS
Stunt Pants

It's the fact that you're a total wanker and act as though you're an expert on everything that spoils anything you have to say.
Old 9th August 2013, 15:36     #34459
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
It's the fact that you're a total wanker and act as though you're an expert on everything that spoils anything you have to say.
also, those fuckin lol mugshots
Old 9th August 2013, 15:44     #34460
Lightspeed

Hahah, that's rich coming from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
That's your opinion, shared by some, not by others. I don't act like an expert, I'm just willing to push the bounds of my knowledge, I love it when someone robust is able to explain to me how I'm wrong without needing to have a cry. Some people seem to think what they know was surely known by all humans since the dawn of time... except stupid, bad or otherwise inferior people. That doesn't seem to enhance the quality of such people's lives.
Old 9th August 2013, 15:47     #34461
Lightspeed

The irony is that my style of written communication has largely formed as a response to NZGames.
Old 9th August 2013, 15:50     #34462
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT IRONY
Old 9th August 2013, 16:11     #34463
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
That's your opinion, shared by some, not by others. I don't act like an expert, I'm just willing to push the bounds of my knowledge, I love it when someone robust is able to explain to me how I'm wrong without needing to have a cry. Some people seem to think what they know was surely known by all humans since the dawn of time... except stupid, bad or otherwise inferior people. That doesn't seem to enhance the quality of such people's lives.
So... because you read some shit about climate change... and even though there is plenty of conflicting evidence... the stuff that you've and and choose to believe is fact and Imp-X is wrong? Cool. Like I said, total wanker.
Old 9th August 2013, 17:12     #34464
Lightspeed

But science tells us God's not real. Everyone here knows that. I didn't realise that everyone had a doctorate in God-not-being-real, this clearly being the only way one to have any degree of scientific certainty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
HOW THE FUCK IS THAT IRONY
CCS having a go at my posting style when my posting style has emerged from people constantly having a go? *shrug*
Old 9th August 2013, 18:48     #34465
aR Que

Quote:
I didn't realise that everyone had a doctorate in God-not-being-real
we generally refer to it as rational thought. Taught in; basic education 101, they expand on these principals in; how not to be a gullible cunt 121.

But don't let that get you down, LS. you're an alright guy.
Old 9th August 2013, 18:50     #34466
p01s0n

now you've fuckin done it

gg quint
Old 9th August 2013, 20:17     #34467
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
But science tells us God's not real. Everyone here knows that. I didn't realise that everyone had a doctorate in God-not-being-real, this clearly being the only way one to have any degree of scientific certainty.

CCS having a go at my posting style when my posting style has emerged from people constantly having a go? *shrug*
Old 9th August 2013, 21:29     #34468
Lightspeed

Rolling eyes

^^ From the guy who says there's plenty of conflicting evidence regarding climate change. As if there haven't been repeated announcements and publications from the scientific communicate stressing their strong consensus about their certainty of the seriousness of climate change, a far stronger consensus than many things we are willing to act decisively on.

Oh, but wait, those announcements were made it part through the media and I once said don't get your science from the news, so surely that must mean I believe anything published in the news must be bad science.
Old 9th August 2013, 21:31     #34469
Lightspeed

Oh, also car alarm fob black spots fucking suck. At least I manged to get it to work in time to cancel the tow truck.
Old 9th August 2013, 23:24     #34470
[Malks] Pixie

What grinds my gears? When only the retards on both side of the climate change "debate" are the ones doing the arguing.

Pixie
Old 9th August 2013, 23:37     #34471
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
^^ From the guy who says there's plenty of conflicting evidence regarding climate change.
Yes. Because there is. But you refuse to believe it. Standard lolspeed stuff.

Quote:
As if there haven't been repeated announcements and publications from the scientific communicate stressing their strong consensus about their certainty of the seriousness of climate change, a far stronger consensus than many things we are willing to act decisively on.

Oh, but wait, those announcements were made it part through the media and I once said don't get your science from the news, so surely that must mean I believe anything published in the news must be bad science.
No, that's a massive, massive exaggeration on anything I've every said. Standard lolspeed disingenuous stuff. It's like Godwin's Law but for nzgames. When lolspeed jumps the shark it's like lolspeed's law. Except lolspeed's law is one that is recursive, much like a fractal.
Old 9th August 2013, 23:57     #34472
MadMax
Stuff

Dayam. Was hoping my ott post would be the end of the discussion.
Old 10th August 2013, 08:48     #34473
fixed_truth

In what specific aspects of climate change do people think the conflicting evidence should make us skeptical of the current scientific opinion?
Old 10th August 2013, 09:01     #34474
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Do I need to jump in here to keep this plate spinning or have you guys got it covered?
Old 10th August 2013, 11:24     #34475
CCS
Stunt Pants

As long as lolspeed is involved, we're going in a circular direction anyway so...
Old 10th August 2013, 17:38     #34476
fixed_truth

Devil grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
Do I need to jump in here to keep this plate spinning or have you guys got it covered?
Jump on in bro >>
Old 11th August 2013, 11:23     #34477
Lightspeed

facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I sound like an expert to you because you're stupid. That's the only conclusion I can draw if you're not trolling about climate science. You're just so. fucking. dumb. That goes for any other idiot who think they're on solid ground questioning climate science.
Old 11th August 2013, 13:28     #34478
CCS
Stunt Pants

Rolling eyes

The thing is, lolspeed, I haven't even offered my opinion on climate change. But you're acting as though I have. You've made a massive leap in logic and you're calling me stupid? I think you should consider not being an intellectual fraud before you go around calling people stupid.
Old 11th August 2013, 13:34     #34479
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I sound like an expert to you because you're stupid
I need to correct you on this. I don't think you sound at all like an expert. I think you're a mealy mouthed cunt who acts as if he is an expert on account of reading some shit. I know for a fact that you're not at all an expert.
Old 11th August 2013, 13:51     #34480
chubby

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
The thing is, lolspeed, I haven't even offered my opinion on climate change. But you're acting as though I have. You've made a massive leap in logic and you're calling me stupid? I think you should consider not being an intellectual fraud before you go around calling people stupid.
WOOOOOT!!!!!
the quintissential CoCkSucker post returns.
pretty much every defensive posture in his textbook covered.

Last edited by chubby : 11th August 2013 at 13:54.