NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th January 2012, 19:47     #33361
MadMax
Stuff

wikipedia's blackout is pretty lametastic. they could have done much better, completely turning themselves off instead of redirecting to the notice page which you can prevent from showing by hitting escape.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:26     #33362
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Also, it doesn't black out when you view it on your smartphone..
Old 18th January 2012, 20:58     #33363
StN
I have detailed files

Who's gonna do the SP album reviews now?
Old 18th January 2012, 21:10     #33364
doppelgänger of someone

er so what's the deal with this ZeroBC banning? What did he do exactly?

And this GPforum... thing, it is CHOKE full of people! At this moment 300+ users online, compared to ~50 users here (40 of them are Ab/StN's alt accounts anyway...)
Old 18th January 2012, 21:29     #33365
xor

He made a review about a Smashing Pumpkins album. He then took pie's bait and got trolled. Then he self owned himself with pimp-x and rambled all sorts of weird OG shit until the ban stick came out.

He then made a thread on GPOD because he was upset with ng gamez banning him. The GPOD collective mocked him and put his thread into the Hall Of Shame.

Top marks to Poison, you pulled a big one there. A troll for the record books I think.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:33     #33366
p01s0n

i wasn't trolling, the guy's a phaggot.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:36     #33367
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I think he's having a psychotic episode. And by psychotic episode, I mean a real actual psychotic episode. Hope someone's able to help.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:52     #33368
p01s0n

is this going to result in another lightspeed? cause it would be nice to have a heads up if that's the case.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:08     #33369
TnT

Cause I'm lazy, please direct me to this, I mean p01s0n has baited pretty heavily in a few threads but few have arc'd up enough to get banned over it, I'd like to see that.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:12     #33370
cEvin
Love In Vein

thread is gone. link to gpforums is back a page or two
Old 18th January 2012, 22:15     #33371
cEvin
Love In Vein

latest quake news now found here: http://www.zerobc.com/
Old 18th January 2012, 22:39     #33372
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I think he's having a psychotic episode. And by psychotic episode, I mean a real actual psychotic episode.
Looks a bit that way
Old 18th January 2012, 22:43     #33373
Spink

I didn't know chiQ and BaM had seperated
Old 18th January 2012, 22:53     #33374
chiQ
Frag-muff

Ages ago, and just in the marriage department. We're still buddies.

I'm very worried about ZeroBC. I tried to get him to see his doctor today, but that went down like a lead balloon. Giving him some come-down time, then I'm going to see what he says.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:56     #33375
mpx

Honestly though I hope he is okay. When I was 16 or something I had my first LAN, I stayed at his house with Endymion and it was a really cool time and he was a good dude. I didn't really stay in contact with him since then though.

It sucks that he doesn't think that he is getting the help he needs and feels like the mental health industry has failed him. With my job I see a lot of people go through the Mental Health Act and some of it is scary stuff, but a lot of it is good news. I hope he can gain some insight into his illness/es and perhaps try prescription medication again. Not to rely on, just something to clear things up for him while he gets better.

I will say that speaking from personal experience, the mental health availability and help can be so much better than it currently is.
Old 18th January 2012, 23:05     #33376
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I think he's having a psychotic episode. And by psychotic episode, I mean a real actual psychotic episode. Hope someone's able to help.
Yeah. I started off mocking him somewhat playfully because I thought he'd stayed up all night on the turps and then actually took the time to read his blog that he subsequently linked as well as one of the videos and felt like a cunt.
Old 18th January 2012, 23:59     #33377
?>Superman

Devil grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Cause I'm lazy, please direct me to this, I mean p01s0n has baited pretty heavily in a few threads but few have arc'd up enough to get banned over it, I'd like to see that.
I don't think poison had anything to do with it, he seems more angry at Pimp-X ;D

But seriously doesn't seem like the ZeroBC that I used to play quake, that guy IIRC didn't react so badly.
Old 19th January 2012, 00:14     #33378
kRAdENkO

Don't know the guy, other than that he mods the QWCTF group on facebook.

Noticed strange posts on that, then additional strangeness on here. Finally read through his zerobc.net.nz blog and realised that this guy needs help.

He seems to be paranoid and completely disconnected from reality. Poor dude.
Old 19th January 2012, 00:21     #33379
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
I don't think poison had anything to do with it
That's because p01s0n's just a scrub tier post 2003 user, no one takes him seriously :P
Old 19th January 2012, 00:24     #33380
xpandnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
Yeah. I started off mocking him somewhat playfully because I thought he'd stayed up all night on the turps and then actually took the time to read his blog that he subsequently linked as well as one of the videos and felt like a cunt.
Yeah his blog is pretty heavy. I can't imagine how that police stuff would have been like.

Hope is ok.
Old 19th January 2012, 00:29     #33381
CCS
Stunt Pants

Can't believe his thread got deleted as well. That's really sadsack!
Old 19th January 2012, 00:34     #33382
TnT

That's actually pretty scary, hope the dude gets the help he needs, he always seemed like a decent guy, but that is one serious step off the deep end.
Old 19th January 2012, 00:38     #33383
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Can't believe his thread got deleted as well. That's really sadsack!
Hide the evidence!
Old 19th January 2012, 00:40     #33384
TnT

And thanks for the reminder why I never did sign up to GP forums.
Old 19th January 2012, 00:45     #33385
CCS
Stunt Pants

Of his videos, this is the most... hmmm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l07ubgrcr54

This is the saddest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFgo5N8FKjc
Old 19th January 2012, 01:01     #33386
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
I'm very worried about ZeroBC. I tried to get him to see his doctor today, but that went down like a lead balloon. Giving him some come-down time, then I'm going to see what he says.
That guy needs help, and I don't think he would listen to something like "you got a problem mate please see the doctor" because I imagine he thinks other people are the problem. IMO it is better to say to him "it is not worth getting angry about this, you are better than this" (without being patronizing of course).

Please update us on this. <3
Old 19th January 2012, 02:06     #33387
Nothing

Mental illness - such a fuckin' hard pill to swallow.
Hope things get better for him.
Old 19th January 2012, 06:15     #33388
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

The thread isn't deleted, it's moved to the mods forum. I don't delete threads, they just go somewhere to die.

While it was an interesting distraction and amusement for some, it was a public display of a personal breakdown that doesn't need to remain a spectacle - It is my opinion that anyone who thinks it should be in the open doesn't understand what was happening, which is fine - return to your regularly scheduled Pic Of The Day thread.
Old 19th January 2012, 07:36     #33389
StN
I have detailed files

Part of Zeros posts asked what had Pimp-X ever done. Sad that he can't see that Tim has protected him.
Old 19th January 2012, 08:48     #33390
wazza
*flex*

[/list]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Of his videos, this is the most... hmmm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l07ubgrcr54
Seems to go quite well. Then wow, he really kicks off after the 4min mark. Captain Frustration.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:13     #33391
Baxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
[/list]Seems to go quite well. Then wow, he really kicks off after the 4min mark. Captain Frustration.
wish I hadnt watched that. I am just glad people here didn't feed into his issues.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:21     #33392
aR Que

Can't watch till I get home, dammit.
If the dude is as angry and frustrated as indicated, he needs to get himself the real natural self administered medication to chill him the fuck out.

The mental health care system is built for people that don't fit in the normal box... but it's still just another box.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:23     #33393
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Can't watch till I get home, dammit.
It's just audio bro, pop in the headphones, click play and minimise that shit.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:32     #33394
leadinjector

i feel that challenging people to a quake duel should become a new meme
Old 19th January 2012, 09:40     #33395
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

dude needs to stop the prescription drugs and smoke a doob.

IANAMHP
Old 19th January 2012, 09:43     #33396
wazza
*flex*

The idea that he was being filmed/recorded by a mate/friend while he talked to the MHP suggests to me he was showing off and being a twit. His rage out at the end is just that, IMO.

There's no denying he's a fruitcake though, but I'm pretty sure that was all for the lols.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:46     #33397
StN
I have detailed files

The thing about the negress is that they tend to be taller.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:48     #33398
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
The thing about the negress is that they tend to be taller.
I lolled at that
Old 19th January 2012, 09:53     #33399
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
It is my opinion that anyone who thinks it should be in the open doesn't understand what was happening, which is fine - return to your regularly scheduled Pic Of The Day thread.
yep fair call, didn't realise
Old 19th January 2012, 09:54     #33400
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxton
wish I hadnt watched that. I am just glad people here didn't feed into his issues.
Hah you never saw the original thread did you?