Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21st March 2012, 09:36     #31961
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
Out of interest, what *is* your store? So I can um, window shop... *hides comment from wife*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Stalk3r, do me a deal on a video card?
the email address in my profile works just remember, you may get faecal matter or baby gravy as part of the Stalk3r lottery, my guess is wazza hasnt figured out which he got yet
Old 21st March 2012, 09:59     #31962
A Corpse
talkative lurker

All tastes the same to him?
Old 21st March 2012, 10:11     #31963
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

He wouldn't know, he's never had gravy!
Old 21st March 2012, 10:21     #31964
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalk3r
the email address in my profile works
Then check it!
Old 21st March 2012, 10:33     #31965
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
He wouldn't know, he's never had gravy!
not a man till youve tasted the paste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
Then check it!
i got it, im deciding if i want to go back to that goddam place again
Old 21st March 2012, 17:06     #31966
Juju
get to da choppa

Anyone else getting a little tired of every marketing/meme department creating "bro" or "man" portmanteau's?

I mean, brotox... seriously?
Old 21st March 2012, 17:10     #31967
StN
I have detailed files

You no like the Roadies Manchild Ads??

Last edited by StN : 21st March 2012 at 17:12.
Old 21st March 2012, 17:32     #31968
TnT

Arsehole customers. For fucks sake, some people are both absolutely fucking stupid and probably as a result of that, entirely rude.

I get a very rude email today accusing me of false and misleading conduct because I had a special on for '3 weeks with no reference to when it started and ended' and if I reinstated the offer, this person would continue with the order otherwise they'd take their business elsewhere. That as a business that prides itself on being a family business this was poor behaviour.

MOTHERFUCKER... you fucking well cited a bunch of information from the web page, the only fucking one on the website where you could have got that information, that had all of the dates that this offer was fucking applicable. It was ALL RIGHT THERE ON THAT PAGE you gigantic cunt. Every fiber of my being wanted to tell you to take your fucking business, fold it 5 ways so it was all pointy edges, and shove it up YOUR FUCKING ARSE YOU FUCKING CLOWN.

Because you can't fucking read, you ignorant hick, *I'M* the one at fault. Fuck you. Fuck you and anyone who looks like you.

No, No I will not extend the offer, yes, yes you can, in fact I implore you to, take your business elsewhere. Because if you're this much of a fucking retard before we've entered into a business transaction, I hate to see the kind of bumbling buffoon you turn into once money has changed hands. God damn I hope you haven't bred, and if you have I pity your children I can tell you to fuck off, those poor little inbred retards have no hope.

That's what I wanted to say, but I didn't. I politely said that all of the information was on the page, that I was sorry she felt misled, and that we'd have another special soon.

Had that email been worded a lot nicer than that, I'd have gladly extended a discount, just like I had the day before when a nice customer rang and asked very politely if there was any chance I could do that because she'd been trying to get the book finished, but someone was slow in getting the last few photos to her.

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

I feel better now. Thank you NZG and robots.txt
Old 21st March 2012, 18:42     #31969
Matt0r

CEO's new rule: To avoid potential customer impact, ALL planned work is to be done on the weekend, starting at 1am.

goodbye weekends
Old 21st March 2012, 21:34     #31970
p-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
....rant on knob customers...

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

I feel better now. Thank you NZG and robots.txt
Agree with this totally.

It's amazing how many people think that taking the route of being a rude obnoxious cunt will make it more likely to get what they want.

I particularly enjoy being extra inefficient and slow when having to assist people that are being complete knobs.
Old 22nd March 2012, 01:05     #31971
Stalk3r

unfortunately the more and more inept retards on our side of the counter that cave to their american-esque consumer behaviour the more and more they think its the right way to deal with things, i fucking hate it and i fucking hate them
Old 22nd March 2012, 03:28     #31972
TnT

I've had a couple of these types, one really particularly nasty piece of work, has ripped a lot of people off in my local area. She liked paying with cheques, I liked cheques clearing before I commenced any work, she decided to have bit of a rant at me that I took a whole day to deposit her cheque. I decided to no longer accept cheque payments. She decided that if I didn't change that policy, she'd take her business elsewhere. I decided that I was cool with that.

Imagine her surprise when 3 weeks later she rolled up at my business because the supplier she had found was more expensive and took significantly longer to produce the work, to be informed that we could no longer do her work.

I must admit, that was one of the most satisfying moments I've had. It did grate to turn business away, not only for the transaction, but also for the potential damage she'd do with bad feedback, but by god did it feel good to force her to live up to her threat
Old 22nd March 2012, 03:56     #31973
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Imagine her surprise when 3 weeks later she rolled up at my business because the supplier she had found was more expensive and took significantly longer to produce the work, to be informed that we could no longer do her work.
THE PRICE IS WRONG, BITCH!

Love it. Nice work T
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:53     #31974
Jodi

Didn't Ab post an article on how it's better to drop bad debtors rather than put up with their shit. Seems that avoiding bad customers is an extension to this rule.
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:06     #31975
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Once, many moons ago when I was working for a large local PC assembler/retailer, an email went around to all sales and tech staff with the name and phone numbers of a particular customer with whom the company had decided not to do business. This person had spent hours and hours on the 0800 number to sales and support (before buying anything) wanting all sorts of things including written guarantees that all replacement parts would be available for at least 10 years. They'd wasted more of our time than we would ever be able to recoup by selling them anything.
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:39     #31976
aR Que

Cheques gmg, a piece of paper that says IOU? gtfo.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:07     #31977
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Cheques gmg, a piece of paper that says IOU? gtfo.
Exactly. I have a notice on all my (emailed) invoices asking to add $5 to all cheques to cover administrative charges. Some people have a cry and then I suggest just paying online.... And some even add $5!
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:20     #31978
TnT

Brought a power adapter and daisy chain cable for my 4 guitar pedals. Sweet. Plug it in, to one pedal. Cool, plug the daisy chain cable, plug in first pedal, nice, plug in second cable... Oh hello high pitched squeal.

Grrr.
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:39     #31979
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Where did you bring it from?
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:24     #31980
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
Brought a power adapter and daisy chain cable for my 4 guitar pedals. Sweet. Plug it in, to one pedal. Cool, plug the daisy chain cable, plug in first pedal, nice, plug in second cable... Oh hello high pitched squeal.

Grrr.
Fuck that shit, those things never work, you always end up with some amperage mismatch nightmare somewhere.

a) dedicated multi-pedal PSU like a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power
b) batteries
c) separate wall-wart PSU for each pedal
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:49     #31981
Stalk3r

you could try running a piece of wire between each of them to an earthed part of the casing, may fix it
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:01     #31982
oOo Dragon oOo

Off to Sydney for a buys piss up.. 7am flight tomorrow!!!! Bag Packed.. Check. Money...Check..Phone... Check.. Passport... Expired..Che.. wha whut!?!??! Thats right folks.. remember - when traveling overseas always check your passport is valid. Flight Cancelled.. check.

So fucked off with myself right now I can't believe it
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:11     #31983
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

oh man
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:32     #31984
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Never been a fan of Cold Play, but the radio ad for their album says "Their most important album to date" and "An album everyone should own.". Are you kidding me? Does that actually work? Fuck, I need to buy some airtime and post an ad saying "I need to retire, send me money. I deserve it, honest." and see if anything arrives.
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:58     #31985
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Yo TV3, fix your shit. It's been pausing for several seconds anywhere from every few seconds to a few times an hour for at least a week now.
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:47     #31986
Nich

Hmm, my friend started working for TV3 about a week ago. connected? perhaps
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:50     #31987
Kryten

The TV3/Media Works on demand video player is a piece of shit as well. TVNZ's isn't much better but at least the TVNZ player will actually go full screen.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:14     #31988
A Corpse
talkative lurker

I love the "lights off" button on the TV3 on demand site. Darkens the entire page except the video and the fucking ad banner. How obnoxious.
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:07     #31989
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOo Dragon oOo
Off to Sydney for a buys piss up.. 7am flight tomorrow!!!! Bag Packed.. Check. Money...Check..Phone... Check.. Passport... Expired..Che.. wha whut!?!??! Thats right folks.. remember - when traveling overseas always check your passport is valid. Flight Cancelled.. check.

So fucked off with myself right now I can't believe it
Gutted.

Dude, that sucks. Go renew your passport, NOW.
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:55     #31990
crocos

I maintain my passport even if I don't have plans. It's not that much, and it's just one less thing to worry about.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:12     #31991
chiQ
Frag-muff

I think most people do, crocos, but it's easy to overlook.
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:25     #31992
GM

Trying to buy FoTC tickets - so frustrating, sold out in seconds

Also, the piece of crap website serving up nonsense info.

Last edited by GM : 23rd March 2012 at 13:29.
Old 23rd March 2012, 18:48     #31993
xor

Waiting...
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:34     #31994
MadMax
Stuff

that one time you leave your car unlocked and the inevitable happens.

night before last during the wind we had and in my driveway. they only took a 3.5mm audio lead and a usb car charger while leaving behind my toolbox, luckily. left my drivers door opened to the weather, again lucky there wasn't any rain and that my battery didn't suffer.

pisses me off that i had a megapixel ip camera on the other side of the house borrowed from work for testing with no footage.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:52     #31995
CCS
Stunt Pants

That's a shitty story.
Old 24th March 2012, 11:44     #31996
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-b
It's amazing how many people think that taking the route of being a rude obnoxious cunt will make it more likely to get what they want.
Both being nice and being nasty can work. The consumer has to choose carefully which to use though. Case in point, I had an item delivered from a reseller on Amazon this week. Shipping was $260 US I think. After I had the item I wrote them with the sweetest email you'd have ever read and asked them to refund me $30 because the shipping was a bit too expensive for my taste. They thanked me for my lovely email and issued my refund.
Old 24th March 2012, 15:48     #31997
Cyberbob

What do other web devs/hosts use as the final "go live" switch?

I'm using the A record, and it's fucking annoying. "XYZ is now live! ...for some people! Other people have to wait for DNS servers to update! Yay!"
Old 24th March 2012, 16:01     #31998
Fx.

why not just have a "site launches on x" date placeholder then change the page?

or heaps of these

editedit: cant you have a really short TTL on your record otherwise? used to do that coming up to mail server changeovers for exchange sites

Last edited by Fx. : 24th March 2012 at 16:02.
Old 24th March 2012, 16:55     #31999
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah, just set the TTL on the A record to 300 well in advance. Make your update, go live, wait 300 seconds, then make the "we're live" announcement.
Old 26th March 2012, 17:30     #32000
aR Que

I work in an industrial part of town, all good right. Have a garage accross the way type thing, all good right. A guy there, must own a skyline, because every few days he revs it up, all good right. Problem is, he revs it to the limiter, lets it bounce off it a few times. Then stops. Then he revs it to the limiter, lets it bounce off it a few times. Then stops. Then he revs it to the limiter, lets it bounce off it a few times. Then stops. Then he revs it to the limiter, lets it bounce off it a few times. Then stops. Then he revs it to the limiter, lets it bounce off it a few times. Then stops. Then he revs it to the limiter, lets it bounce off it a few times. Then stops. Then he revs it to the limiter, lets it bounce off it a few times. Then stops. Every few days, not all good.