NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 23rd September 2011, 12:31     #30601
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Post nominals are pompous - I prefer to adopt a title that I am not qualified to use, and combine it with a name that is not my own.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:34     #30602
aR Que

Good times can be had editing peoples sigs when you reply, subtly at first, working up until you change their name to goober.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:42     #30603
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Dearest IT people,

Don't put your qualifications on your email signature. It just makes you look like a dick when you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:12     #30604
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Good times can be had editing peoples sigs when you reply, subtly at first, working up until you change their name to goober.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:23     #30605
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:59     #30606
Cynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Dearest IT people,

Don't put your qualifications on your email signature. It just makes you look like a dick when you don't know what you're talking about.
Dear Xor,

Cheers,

Cynos
5 years DoD, 6 years CS (back before it was ghey), wrote some batch scripts for my Mum
Old 25th September 2011, 21:26     #30607
pkp|ex

People who insist on putting music in youtube videos when it seems 90% of the time you would really like to hear whats in the original video.
Old 26th September 2011, 10:39     #30608
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

New Zealand Couriers.

We had 5 deliveries from them 2 weeks ago. 4 were signature required - we signed for none of them, they were left on our doorstep, some with a knock, some without. We didn't take action.

The following week we received a $900 package which again we didn't sign for, and with no accompanying knock. We emailed Computer Lounge to let them know what their courier was doing and they were furious. We received a phone call from NZC apologising profusely.

The next day we received an $800 package, and you guessed it - we didn't sign, and he didn't knock. We emailed CL again and this time phoned NZC directly. The branch manager called us back, more apologies, hopes it won't happen again etc.

This morning there's a calling card in the letterbox - you weren't home when we called! FUCKER. Another email to CL, another call to NZC, waiting for a call back from the manager. I'm just heartbroken that I wasn't standing at the window recording him walk straight to the letterbox from his van and dropping off the card.
Old 26th September 2011, 10:51     #30609
Cynos

Unit tests that take 3 minutes to run. Sweet Jesus, that's a bad test.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:11     #30610
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
New Zealand Couriers.

We had 5 deliveries from them 2 weeks ago. 4 were signature required - we signed for none of them, they were left on our doorstep, some with a knock, some without. We didn't take action.

The following week we received a $900 package which again we didn't sign for, and with no accompanying knock. We emailed Computer Lounge to let them know what their courier was doing and they were furious. We received a phone call from NZC apologising profusely.

The next day we received an $800 package, and you guessed it - we didn't sign, and he didn't knock. We emailed CL again and this time phoned NZC directly. The branch manager called us back, more apologies, hopes it won't happen again etc.

This morning there's a calling card in the letterbox - you weren't home when we called! FUCKER. Another email to CL, another call to NZC, waiting for a call back from the manager. I'm just heartbroken that I wasn't standing at the window recording him walk straight to the letterbox from his van and dropping off the card.
good old couriers.... i remember watching a guy dump 1000+ dollars worth of computer outside my house, and then coming back the next day and jamming the 3d card into my letterbox so half of it was still sticking out into the pouring rain. what a bunch of fuck cunts.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:43     #30611
[WanG] Wandarah

Yeeeep, the constantly surprising world of couriers.

Every single time it's a fuck up.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:53     #30612
Lightspeed

Are there "premium" courier services around that commit to a high standard of service? If not, it sounds like there might be a gap in the market? Assuming people are willing to pay any more for courier services.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:58     #30613
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Assuming people are willing to pay any more for courier services.
Pffft, not in New Zealand. Kiwi's are a bunch of tightwads.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:03     #30614
A Corpse
talkative lurker

I expect them to live up to their existing obligations to be honest. If I'm paying for next day signature, I expect next fucking day goddamn signature. Otherwise may as well throw it on parcelpost with a "welp, maybe it'll get there, maybe it won't" sticker.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:21     #30615
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
New Zealand Couriers.

Probably afraid his van'll get nicked if he leaves it for more than 10 seconds.. It is Porirua after all.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:55     #30616
MadMax
Stuff

it doesn't explain the above but if a courier frequently gets no answers at an address they won't continue to try the door.
Old 26th September 2011, 13:11     #30617
cEvin
Love In Vein

nz couriers are the scum of the earth
Old 26th September 2011, 13:20     #30618
p01s0n

img rob zombie
Old 26th September 2011, 13:22     #30619
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

I've always found Courier Post to be excellent.

We finally received our package, his excuse was "you used to live at so-and-so address and you'd told me to leave it at the door"...um, no, nice try though. And even if that was the case they didn't have our authorisation to do so.
Old 26th September 2011, 13:30     #30620
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
it doesn't explain the above but if a courier frequently gets no answers at an address they won't continue to try the door.
A failure on their part. The sender paid for them to deliver it into the hands of the recipient. Failing knock is very slack, and particularly enervating if someone has stayed home in order to receive the package.
Old 26th September 2011, 13:52     #30621
Spink

I don't understand why people don't get shit couriered to a workplace/relative's workplace. Retarded courier schedules mean that you'll almost never be home when a package arrives, and even if you are they won't try very hard to confirm you are home.

Infact, *general rant about everything that only works during normal working hours and makes you take time off work to let them in/supervise them and is in no way punctual ever.*

Last edited by Spink : 26th September 2011 at 13:55.
Old 26th September 2011, 16:02     #30622
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'd get more stuff couriered to work but the lady in the mail room is sullen bitch and everybody hates her :/
Old 26th September 2011, 16:26     #30623
doppelgänger of someone

Angry talking

People who like to parrot Obama catchphrase "make no mistake...". Lazy cunts.

That included you, Obama. Please stop using "make no mistake..." all the time.
Old 26th September 2011, 16:29     #30624
p-b

Flooded with outage notices at work

Last edited by p-b : 26th September 2011 at 16:31.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:34     #30625
CCS
Stunt Pants

Trademe people

Start price: $39.90, no reserve . Buy Now - $45.
The seller has offered you this item for $43.00

Wha ? But that's more than if I'd put a bid on it! Has this guy not considered that maybe I'd decided against putting a bid in because I thought the price was too high? Does he think he's meeting me halfway with that offer? No sale, jerkoff!
Old 26th September 2011, 22:41     #30626
Phantom
May contain nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Start price: $39.90, no reserve
That in itself annoys me. Clearly, there's a reserve.
Old 26th September 2011, 23:30     #30627
cyc
Objection!

The way people and organisations deliberately misuse/abuse the Privacy Act to justify failing to do what is sensible or decent.

I've been temporarily seconded into the insolvency litigation team and had to track down the current address of a company to notify it that the lender was going to enforce the GSA and put it into receivership. The client was contractually able to just serve the company at its last known address but we know that it likes to move around and the bank instructed us to do the decent thing and try and locate the "real" address.

I rang up its accountant and the fucking idiot refused to disclose the address, saying that he was required to keep quiet under the Privacy Act. Hi dickhead, the Privacy Act doesn't apply to companies. And we are actually trying to be NICE to your client and let the directors know that the company is fucked, rather than do merely what the law requires of us. We could theoretically just fucking send the letter to a PO Box and get receivers to take over all its stock at a warehouse tomorrow since we've already served the warehouse manager and he's agreed that no one will touch the damn things but us.

Oh and BTW: fuck I hate litigation.
Old 27th September 2011, 08:27     #30628
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Trademe people

Start price: $39.90, no reserve . Buy Now - $45.
The seller has offered you this item for $43.00
Guy has a car part on trademe, SP: $20, I bid 20 buck every time, it never sells and he offers it to me every time at $140.

Dude, its basically scrap metal (1g part, lul). Don't be a douche' your whole life.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:50     #30629
Luse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luse
Selling things on Trademe to people who (after reading their feedback) take their sweet time (weeks) paying really sucks.

5 days, still no contact from them at all.

Grindin.
SALE COMPLETE... 20 something days later. :/

Just wait till I come at you with the blue face of neutral feedback!
Old 27th September 2011, 12:29     #30630
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Guy has a car part on trademe, SP: $20, I bid 20 buck every time, it never sells and he offers it to me every time at $140.

Dude, its basically scrap metal (1g part, lul). Don't be a douche' your whole life.
Ha! What a morone! He's probably listed it so many times now that it's cost him more than twenty dollars so far. He'll list it at $30 soon!
Old 27th September 2011, 12:31     #30631
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Ha! What a morone! He's probably listed it so many times now that it's cost him more than twenty dollars so far. He'll list it at $30 soon!
Nah, no fee if it doesn't sell, unless he's doing the fancy listings.
Old 27th September 2011, 13:17     #30632
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Vic Uni GMG.

Pretty much a waste of time as far as learning the things I had hoped to cover. You can learn more from YouTube, since world class universities put their lectures online for free. In hindsight, I'd say these courses are aimed at school leavers and people who know absolutely nothing about their area of study. 3 more weeks of jumping through hoops, 6 exams and then I'll have my life back.
Old 27th September 2011, 13:32     #30633
leadinjector

what are you studying?
Old 27th September 2011, 14:10     #30634
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Maths and electronics
Old 27th September 2011, 15:49     #30635
aR Que

*fist pump*

4lyfe.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:59     #30636
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

So I thought that listening to people fart on and on about babies and pregnancy and kids was the worst thing ever, but it turns out that there's worse...people going on and on and on about their new boyfriend "blah blah he's so perfect blah blah we're so cute together" rinse and repeat about 100 times.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:10     #30637
aR Que

lol, vaginas.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:11     #30638
doppelgänger of someone

^^^ perfect rejoinder: "if you like him so much, have you given him a handjob in the car/let him what-what you in the butt?"
Old 27th September 2011, 16:14     #30639
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
^^^ perfect rejoinder: "yeah, he's great isn't he? Fucks like the Duracell Bunny, I can hardly walk"
Old 27th September 2011, 16:56     #30640
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
That in itself annoys me. Clearly, there's a reserve.
Start price = reserve, so effectively no reserve. I find people who set a reserve when the start price isn't $0 to be lame, but I have no trouble with start = reserve being called 'no reserve'.