Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 23rd February 2017, 23:46     #241
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I really hope Petraeus replaces Flynn. If anyone can bring some sense, it's the man who turned Bush's shit storm in Afghanistan around.
No dice. Petraeus wanted to do a job, Trump's guys want to run things themselves.
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:49     #242
Lightspeed

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...e-flynn-report

Quote:
“Whoever it is that would agree to take that position certainly should do so with some very, very significant assurances that he or she would have authorities over the personnel of the organization, that there would be a commitment to a disciplined process and procedures,” Petraeus said at the Munich Security Conference.
Mmm... I love me some disciplined process. *sigh*
Old 24th February 2017, 07:32     #243
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
..wikileaks ... Melania ... dyslexia
Quoting satire is how fake news gets started

Last edited by StN : 24th February 2017 at 07:34.
Old 24th February 2017, 14:23     #244
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

groan
Old 24th February 2017, 15:01     #245
Lightspeed

Uuhh... What?
Old 24th February 2017, 15:59     #246
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Pretty sure that was a DrTitus shitpost
Old 25th February 2017, 23:56     #247
Lightspeed

The Curious World of Donald Trump’s Private Russian Connections

The world is sad and scary.
Old 28th February 2017, 14:07     #248
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Trump calls American servicemen and servicewomen losers on live tv

https://theweek.com/speedreads/68263...nger-fight-win
Old 28th February 2017, 14:28     #249
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Uuhh... What?
Eep - sorry, yes, Ab is correct I was responding to DrT and quoting a quote doesn't work, so I attributed it incorrectly - sorry!
Old 3rd March 2017, 00:09     #250
Lightspeed

So the current position would be that Trump isn't in bed with the Russians like mass surveillance of digital communications isn't occurring?

Trump Attorney General Jeff Sessions under fire over Russia meetings

Last edited by Lightspeed : 3rd March 2017 at 00:10.
Old 3rd March 2017, 15:55     #251
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

failapalooza continues

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-vice-...03-gupvlh.html

Quote:
Washington: US Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues, and the account was hacked last summer, the Indianapolis Star reported.
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:16     #252
ZoSo

We really are going to have to hear about this cunt every day, aren't we.
At least with Obama, you had a few breaks.
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:26     #253
fixed_truth

I've just finished season 2 house of cards on Netflix and President Walker got impeached for less!
Old 4th March 2017, 11:08     #254
The Edge

Quote:
So the current position would be that Trump isn't in bed with the Russians like mass surveillance of digital communications isn't occurring?

Trump Attorney General Jeff Sessions under fire over Russia meetings
Yet he was non-stop up in arms about Hillary doing the same thing. Guess it's okay as long as it's one of his cronies, right?
Old 5th March 2017, 18:10     #255
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In today's 70-year-old Android user tweetstorm:

Old 5th March 2017, 19:14     #256
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sounds like pretty much any cranky 70-year-old TBH. This one just happens to have a large audience and a secretary to do his tweeting for him.

One day, in the not-too-distant-future, I imagine we'll be seeing this:

Old 5th March 2017, 21:12     #257
StN
I have detailed files

Why is his battery so low - didn't he charge it overnight?
Old 6th March 2017, 09:49     #258
[BT]MikeMan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab

It actually gets worse as the "Private" e-mail he used was AOL
Old 6th March 2017, 12:57     #259
pxpx

Old 20th March 2017, 14:55     #260
Deadmeat

If nothing else, by the end of Trump's presidency we're going to have an amazing collection of world leader reaction gifs.
Old 21st March 2017, 19:31     #261
Nothing

Memes approaching maximal danksity.
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:32     #262
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

read this and try not to freak out

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3004676
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:43     #263
Lightspeed

As long as Trump can claim he read it in one of Bannon's papers, can't he insist he's saying what he believes, rightly or wrongly, rather than lying?

Sure, we might know he's a liar, like we know National are bullies, but unless it's provable in a way that can be acted upon, don't we just have to suck it up? Maybe even go along with it, have a few laughs at those complaining.

The current political climate where reality is not even close to secondary is the source of Trump's success. It's not a case of Trump doing anything novel or surprising. He's just particularly good at what he does.
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:15     #264
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You ever see one of them Twilight Zone-style-o-movies where there's an alternate universe and everything is fucked up and wrong and as the credits roll you say "Boy, I'm glad we're not living in that universe!"

WE ARE IN THE UNIVERSE!
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:39     #265
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Shit's fucked up, like "the president is the subject of an active FBI investigation, a foreign government seems to have successfully manipulated a presidential election, and key parts of the US government apparatus have been placed in the hands of people who either know nothing about them or actively want them destroyed" and half the USA just seems to be going "whateverrrrrr".

I can't get my head around it. The Republican Party that gave us commie hysteria and McCarthyist witch-hunts and the Cold War now seems to be brushing LITERAL TREASON under the carpet.

The USA is starting to not be the USA any more. Its values, its system, its institutions. It's crumbling before our eyes.

There's a little part of me that wants to say to the ghost of Osama Bin Laden "did you do this? like, was this the plan all along? were you thinking this far ahead?"
Old 22nd March 2017, 14:48     #266
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You ever see one of them Twilight Zone-style-o-movies where there's an alternate universe and everything is fucked up and wrong and as the credits roll you say "Boy, I'm glad we're not living in that universe!"

WE ARE IN THE UNIVERSE!
Literally something my flatmate and I were talking about while watching a few episodes of the original Twilight Zone.
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:44     #267
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/22/po...ans/index.html

Quote:
Washington (CNN)The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:53     #268
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sick of your fake news, Ab! Sad! Weak!
Old 25th March 2017, 14:25     #269
The Edge

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...e-react-236475
Old 25th March 2017, 15:35     #270
fixed_truth

That's pretty funny. Getting rid of Obamacare seemed to be the main reason a lot of middle to upper middle class folk gave a protest vote to Trump.
Old 27th March 2017, 16:07     #271
CCS
Stunt Pants

Remember when everybody thought George W Bush was a boob?
Old 27th March 2017, 16:25     #272
Deadmeat

I wouldn't call Trump a boob though. W came off as daft, you could make the argument that a lot of the time he didn't actually mean what he was saying, because he didn't understand it.

Trump understands, he just gives as much of a shit as a vindictive sociopathic man-baby with rage issues. With small hands.
Old 27th March 2017, 16:32     #273
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I don't Trump has the foggiest idea how to be a President or work as part of a government. I don't think he even wants to.

And on a completely different note, he could be suffering from early-stage dementia.
Old 27th March 2017, 17:07     #274
Lightspeed

I get the feeling Trump's handlers are well aware of all of this, and no doubt more, and take full advantage.
Old 27th March 2017, 17:28     #275
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I wouldn't call Trump a boob though.
Trump is totally a boob. He's a lot of other things, but he's definitely a boob. Look at him in his big toy truck, honking the horn and pretending to drive it like a big boy. What a fucking embarrassment.
Old 27th March 2017, 17:33     #276
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
I get the feeling Trump's handlers are well aware of all of this, and no doubt more, and take full advantage.
The saddest bit is that this has demonstrated that given a choice between betraying the country to Russia and accepting a black President, a huge chunk of white America - or at least of the Republican Party - will go with Russia.
Old 29th March 2017, 15:15     #277
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

ok this shit is just getting mental

http://www.smh.com.au/world/efforts-...28-gv8nbh.html
Old 7th April 2017, 14:58     #278
ZoSo

BL Trumptards. Duped again.
Old 7th April 2017, 15:09     #279
pxpx

Trump to Advisors: "What's the best way I can demonstrate that I'm not controlled by Russia"
Advisors: "Attack Russia by proxy"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=11834020
Old 7th April 2017, 15:36     #280
ZoSo

Gotta love his old tweets. Pretty much all his old Obama takedowns are back in play.