NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 30th September 2014, 15:33     #2641
Spink

This is fun for you? I'm just doing my duty.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:35     #2642
Lightspeed

Your heroism has been noted brave one. lolz

It's fun cause it's silly.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:43     #2643
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Your heroism has been noted brave one. lolz

It's fun cause it's silly.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:44     #2644
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

How about you guys put a post up in OD once you're done pissing in each others faces?
Old 30th September 2014, 15:58     #2645
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
How about you guys put a post up in OD once you're done shitting and jizzing in each others faces?
ftfy
Old 30th September 2014, 16:13     #2646
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
How about you guys put a post up in OD once you're done pissing in each others faces?
nobody posts there anymore since LS drove them all away
Old 30th September 2014, 16:15     #2647
Lightspeed

Hey, hey, come on. I've never seen a swan song citing me as the reason for leaving, which is certainly not the case for some. People I talk to who don't post any more use words like "rabid" and "right wing".

Last edited by Lightspeed : 30th September 2014 at 16:16.
Old 30th September 2014, 16:17     #2648
Spink

Quote:
People I talk to
I helped find why your opinion on the matter might be biased
Old 30th September 2014, 16:20     #2649
Lightspeed

What about swan songs? Am I biased there too? Do people complain about me when leaving? I might have missed something, but I'm pretty sure it's not my name that gets mentioned.
Old 30th September 2014, 16:27     #2650
Spink

Quote:
What about swan songs? Am I biased there too? Do people complain about me when leaving? I might have missed something, but I'm pretty sure it's not my name that gets mentioned.
People swan song with rage not disappointment, you drove away them that p01s0n couldn't
Old 30th September 2014, 16:51     #2651
Lightspeed

That's true I suppose. Me having opinions about stuff has got to be far worse than being constantly attacked by people who seem only willing to offer opinions about the flawed characters of fellow posters. (And they're totally not projecting.)
Old 30th September 2014, 16:56     #2652
Spink

Quote:
That's true I suppose. Me having opinions about stuff has got to be far worse than being constantly attacked by people who seem only willing to offer opinions about the flawed characters of fellow posters. (And they're totally not projecting.)
This is a dumb post by a dumb poster and people don't like reading dumb posts by dumb posters.
Old 1st October 2014, 08:09     #2653
chubby

Cheesy grin crazy left-wing propaganda

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/27/up...002&abg=0&_r=0
Old 1st October 2014, 08:32     #2654
Spink

The government should definitely regulate everyone
Old 1st October 2014, 09:35     #2655
Lightspeed

It does...
Old 1st October 2014, 10:33     #2656
Spink

Do you go #2 this morning Lightspeed? It seems like you might need to, somebody is cranky.
Old 1st October 2014, 10:41     #2657
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
It would be interesting to hear a rationale for why this is acceptable.
Old 1st October 2014, 10:43     #2658
Spink

Because the current government in the US can't do anything at all and hasn't been able to because they're in the kind of deadlock that you are so enamored with where a shitty minority holds power over the majority because their vote is needed to enact any change at all, positive or negative.
Old 1st October 2014, 10:52     #2659
Lightspeed

I wonder why the same phenomena is occurring in NZ too? And why it's clearly acceptable (given the lack of will opposing it.)
Old 1st October 2014, 10:56     #2660
Spink

Quote:
I wonder why the same phenomena is occurring in NZ too? And why it's clearly acceptable (given the lack of will opposing it.)
I wonder why you don't make good posts ever? (given the lack of will opposing it.)
Old 1st October 2014, 11:23     #2661
Lightspeed

Rolling eyes

Liar.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:24     #2662
Spink

No really, I do wonder sometimes.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:24     #2663
crocos

Spink, seriously, broken record much?

I agree Lightspeed isn't my fav poster on the board and gets all passive-aggressive in ppls grills, but at the moment you're worse.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st October 2014, 11:26     #2664
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Spink, seriously, broken record much?

I agree Lightspeed isn't my fav poster on the board and gets all passive-aggressive in ppls grills, but at the moment you're worse.
I am the embodiment Lightspeed's end goal in general, there will be more like me again and again until Lightspeed is put down. (or the forum dies from him eventually ruining everything he touches)
Old 1st October 2014, 11:31     #2665
pxpx

"you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian"
Old 1st October 2014, 11:37     #2666
Spink

I wonder if there's some kind of greasemonkey script you can get that hides all posts by LS in JUST politics forum. I mean he is still a little retarded and snarky in the other forums but he usually doesn't take it full retard there... except when he goes whole hog and takes the cap off his thread ruining powers.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:45     #2667
Lightspeed

lolz, classic. Don't like someone's politics? Must be something wrong with them!

Or:
Someone keeps responding to my digs at them? They're ruining the thread!

lolz, I know you can't see where I am coming from Spink, but others most definitely can.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:46     #2668
Spink

Quote:
lolz, classic. Don't like someone's politics? Must be something wrong with them!

Or:
Someone keeps responding to my digs at them? They're ruining the thread!

lolz, I know you can't see where I am coming from Spink, but others most definitely can.
I love most of your politics, I just think you have a terrible way of expressing an opinion. I love a lot of the same things you love I just can't stand you as a person in general because you are grating and unlikeable.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:52     #2669
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

I've got a script called Ban User that I'm getting pretty close to using, so pretty please, give it a rest?
Old 1st October 2014, 11:55     #2670
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The data in that nytimes article is US only. There's no conclusion to be drawn about anywhere else, ie NZ.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:00     #2671
Lightspeed

But there is data from NZ about NZ that shows a similar trend. There was that graph from the NZHerald during the election that showed income for everyone had dropped but the top 10%.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:28     #2672
Omegakai

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
I love most of your politics, I just think you have a terrible way of expressing an opinion. I love a lot of the same things you love I just can't stand you as a person in general because you are grating and unlikeable.
I could relate to this if it wasn’t the internet, because as far as I know No one’s making you read this.
In fact you could totally just not come to these forum if it so impacted your life… or maybe I’m just being a tinfoil hat crazy?
Old 1st October 2014, 13:17     #2673
pxpx

Quote:
But there is data from NZ about NZ that shows a similar trend. There was that graph from the NZHerald during the election that showed income for everyone had dropped but the top 10%.
What about this graph from the internet?
Old 1st October 2014, 13:43     #2674
Lightspeed

That's a graph about correlation, highlighting that correlation alone is not evidence of cause (given the implausibility of piracy impacting global climate trends.) It appears to bear little relation to a concerning observable reality: resources across the world are becoming more and more concentrated into fewer and fewer hands.
Old 1st October 2014, 13:57     #2675
pxpx

But you made a correlation with US data and NZ data (two different sets of data), that graph does the same thing.

However I'm glad you've clarified your observed reality, I agree. The article chubby posted is a bit of a cautionary tale then isn't it. I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is watching the US and trying to figure out how to avoid getting into that mess.
Old 1st October 2014, 14:48     #2676
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
I am the embodiment Lightspeed's end goal in general, there will be more like me again and again until Lightspeed is put down. (or the forum dies from him eventually ruining everything he touches)
Sounding a bit Paulo Odbelis bro
Old 1st October 2014, 16:19     #2677
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
The idea that New Zealand has become one of the most unequal societies in the developed world is just not supported by the data. It is a belief that is in some danger of hardening into received wisdom.
A standard measure of income inequality is a thing called the Gini coefficient; the higher it is, the greater the inequality.

Since the global financial crisis New Zealand's has whipped around - it fell in the latest survey, reversing a jump in the one before - but the trend line through it is flat at a value of 33.

That is similar to the Gini scores of Australia, Canada and Japan, which ranged from 32 to 34, well below the United States' 38 and a little above the OECD median of 31.

Another way of measuring income inequality is to look at the income of the top decile or 10 per cent of households (when ranked by income) and compare it with the bottom decile's.

The average over the past four household economic surveys is that the top decile have received 8.5 times the income of the bottom one, after tax and transfers.

That puts us in the middle of the OECD rankings, and lower than Australia and Canada (8.9 times), Britain (10 times) and the United States (16 times).
Child poverty rates have been flat over the past four surveys on all the standard measures, says the report's author, Bryan Perry.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10899486
lies, damn lies, etc
Old 1st October 2014, 16:28     #2678
pxpx

LS's next response will likely be that he see's real world examples of poverty and inequality and that those statistics are just framed to support a narrative and should be disregarded.

Around we go.
Old 1st October 2014, 16:57     #2679
Lightspeed

That's not terribly inaccurate. Internally I would be considering the issue dialectically: the truth lies somewhere in between the extreme viewpoints. However from the extreme viewpoint of poverty there aren't many in a position to speak up, so that's the perspective I push.
Old 1st October 2014, 17:24     #2680
Spink

Quote:
That's not terribly inaccurate. Internally I would be considering the issue dialectically: the truth lies somewhere in between the extreme viewpoints. However from the extreme viewpoint of poverty there aren't many in a position to speak up, so that's the perspective I push.
It would probably be easier for me/others to consider your perspective as real instead of just an attempt to troll if you could list some of the things - other than post on forums - that you have done (above and beyond what a regular conscientious church goer would do) to support efforts against child poverty and the income gap. Since you're so passionate about it.