NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 8th May 2013, 14:10     #2601
Lightspeed

Timecrimes is my favourite time travel film so far.
Old 10th May 2013, 10:34     #2602
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
Recently watched Upstream Colour by Shane Carruth.
Really enjoyed this, much more so than Primer, thanks for the rec!
Old 10th May 2013, 23:25     #2603
cEvin
Love In Vein

The year is 1987. Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida's narcotics trade, viciously annihilating anyone who dares move in on their turf. Multi-national martial arts rock band Dragon Sound have had enough, and embark on a roundhouse wreck-wave of crime-crushing justice. When not chasing beach bunnies or performing their hit song "Against the Ninja," Mark (taekwondo master/inspirational speaker Y.K. Kim) and the boys are kicking and chopping at the drug world's smelliest underbelly. It'll take every ounce of their blood and courage, but Dragon Sound can't stop until they've completely destroyed the dealers, the drunk bikers, the kill-crazy ninjas, the middle-aged thugs, the "stupid cocaine"... and the entire MIAMI CONNECTION!!!

http://miamiconnection.org/
Old 10th May 2013, 23:34     #2604
Nich

^^ Saw this at a new year's camp to ring in 2011. It is fantastic!
Old 11th May 2013, 01:54     #2605
Speed3D

Recommend: Troll Hunter - Very entertaining (and well done) Norwegian "found footage" style film. Not much of a fan of this style of movie but enjoyed this. The foreign'ness of it added to the experience too.
Old 12th May 2013, 13:20     #2606
n3><Ro

Star Trek: Into the Darkness. Saw last night, found it good for a night out, wont say more about the move other than if you enjoyed the first then this should be good for you too.

Side note: 3D is definitely not worth it. The best 3D effects was the space CGI playing behind the end credits... didn't add a thing to the actual movie...
Not a fan of 3d for the sake of having movie in 3D... Avengers did it right... Star Trek did in wrong.
Old 12th May 2013, 14:20     #2607
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed3D
Recommend: Troll Hunter - Very entertaining (and well done) Norwegian "found footage" style film. Not much of a fan of this style of movie but enjoyed this. The foreign'ness of it added to the experience too.
Just finished watching it this morning. Not too bad. Agreed about the foreign aspect, wasn't quite as good as I was hoping when I saw the trailer a long time ago. Epic troll fart is epic
Old 15th May 2013, 14:19     #2608
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3><Ro
Star Trek: Into the Darkness. Saw last night, found it good for a night out, wont say more about the move other than if you enjoyed the first then this should be good for you too.

Side note: 3D is definitely not worth it. The best 3D effects was the space CGI playing behind the end credits... didn't add a thing to the actual movie...
Not a fan of 3d for the sake of having movie in 3D... Avengers did it right... Star Trek did in wrong.
Agree with the above. Thought the movie itself was very good.
Old 15th May 2013, 14:54     #2609
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Really enjoyed Star Trek too - plenty of moments where they hit up the old Star Trek classics and a great villan (that voice!).
Old 15th May 2013, 15:32     #2610
TnT

Yeah Cumberbatch stole the movie for me. When he wiped out the Klingon landing party single-handed was pretty cool, loved who he turned out to be as well
Old 15th May 2013, 16:33     #2611
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I would have enjoyed Star Trek a heck of a lot more if there wasn't some dude sitting next to me, poking around at his nuts and asshole and sniffing his fingers, then continuing to eat his popcorn the entire duration of the movie Very distracting..
Old 15th May 2013, 17:16     #2612
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hey, I offered you a sniff of my finger and you declined!
Old 16th May 2013, 08:52     #2613
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Hey, I offered you a sniff of my finger and you declined!
Well I'm sure you would have smelt better than this guy.. It was like he hadn't showered for months, so every time he moved I got a whiff... *gag*
Old 16th May 2013, 20:30     #2614
crocos

You sure it wasn't CCS? He might have just really let himself go since you last saw him.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 19th May 2013, 11:23     #2615
fixed_truth

Warm Bodies - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warmodies/

Not great but good enough for a watch. Gets cheesier as it goes along.
Old 25th May 2013, 22:18     #2616
TnT

The Man With The Iron Fists.

Yeah look 'Quentin Tarrantino presents' fooled me. "Surely if he puts his name to it, it must have some merit? Plus Lucy Lui and Russel Crowe, it can't be that bad.

Wrong.

It had potential, it really did. Just executed poorly, it looked like someone trying to be Tarrantino, and missing the mark.

Highlights were Russell Crowe and the soundtrack wasn't awful.
Old 26th May 2013, 13:04     #2617
Cyberbob

Oz the Great and Powerful - Yawnfest.
Old 26th May 2013, 13:28     #2618
Jamiepo

Watched warm bodies last night, very different take on zombies but still enjoyable. I have just finished reading the Zombie survival guide and World War Z so this movie basically went against everything I knew about zombies (bit more like a zombie chick flick) but not as shit as twilight. Worth a watch if you want to fill in a couple of hours.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:46     #2619
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

New Pegg/Frost silliness: The World's End
Old 28th May 2013, 15:20     #2620
Delphinus

What is the name of that movie that I thought was released in the last year or so, set somewhere in medieval times. I seem to recall about 3 adventurers, 2 guys and a girl. One of thm I thought was played by Jack Black but that doesn't seem to be the case. A comedy.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:21     #2621
Cyberbob

Year One?

Does have Jack Black, but was 2009.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:27     #2622
a-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
What is the name of that movie that I thought was released in the last year or so, set somewhere in medieval times. I seem to recall about 3 adventurers, 2 guys and a girl. One of thm I thought was played by Jack Black but that doesn't seem to be the case. A comedy.
Your Highness?
Old 28th May 2013, 15:51     #2623
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-tech
Your Highness?
That's the one. The imdb rating is kinda crap though.
Old 28th May 2013, 16:03     #2624
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

I have to confess, I liked it. It's stupid and low-brow, but in all the right ways. Plus, watching Damian Lewis in this after seeing Homeland made it even more amusing for some reason.
Old 28th May 2013, 17:29     #2625
Luse

Yeah I thought it was quite good too.
Old 28th May 2013, 20:48     #2626
?>Superman

Good new Space Sci-Fi to watch (2012-2013)? Have been far too busy to watch most movies any recommendations appreciated!

1. Cloud Atlas
2. Prometheus
3. New Star Trek movie

That's my list so far for space sci-fi to watch
Old 30th May 2013, 12:47     #2627
chiQ
Frag-muff

The new Trek is really good if you like Trek. I think it would be okay if you didn't. Hard to tell, as I'm a Trek fan.
Old 30th May 2013, 13:55     #2628
Savage

I'm not a big Trek fan, and I really enjoyed the two recent additions.
Old 30th May 2013, 21:04     #2629
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
The new Trek is really good if you like Trek. I think it would be okay if you didn't. Hard to tell, as I'm a Trek fan.
Interesting. My wife is a big trek fan, but had written this off because the trailer made it look very un-Trek. If what you're saying is trustworthy, I may have to get her to reconsider her 'rent it' stance.
Old 30th May 2013, 23:51     #2630
BF Jax

New Trek (even for my wife who definitely isn't a trek fan)
Cloud Atlas (I liked it, wife slept) went on a bit long and requires attention (helps to have read the book first which is not necessarily good for any film, but enjoyed it)
Prometheus - Just say 'no' annoyingly bad and not worth the watch.
Old 31st May 2013, 00:15     #2631
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF Jax
Prometheus - Just say 'no' annoyingly bad and not worth the watch.
So disappointing
Old 31st May 2013, 09:42     #2632
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Interesting. My wife is a big trek fan, but had written this off because the trailer made it look very un-Trek. If what you're saying is trustworthy, I may have to get her to reconsider her 'rent it' stance.
If by un-trek you mean big-budget effects and epic scale, then yes, it is un-Trek. The characters and general do-gooder versus rogue vibe they always have going on wthin the crew are spot-on, and the casting is inspired. It's way better than the last one.
Old 31st May 2013, 09:53     #2633
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

IF CUMBERPATCH=1 THEN LET WIN=1
Old 31st May 2013, 11:07     #2634
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
IF CUMBERBATCH=1 THEN LET WIN=1
Well, yes, that too.

You know they call his fans Cumberbitches, right? You're a Cumberbitch, Si.
Old 31st May 2013, 11:59     #2635
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
IF (CUMBERBATCH=1) AND (GRATUITOUS_UNDIES_SCENE=1) THEN LET WIN=1
Old 31st May 2013, 14:33     #2636
cEvin
Love In Vein

heard good things about The Imposter, anyone seen?
Old 31st May 2013, 14:56     #2637
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
IF (CUMBERBATCH=1) AND (GRATUITOUS_UNDIES_SCENE=1) THEN LET WIN=1
I really wish Lindelof wouldn't say it is 'misogynistic' to have a hot woman in her knickers in Star Trek. I'm pretty sure that's not misogynistic, but rather the opposite.
Old 3rd June 2013, 22:35     #2638
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
saw gasper noe's enter the void last night. i recommend. he is a master of long takes. the best way i can describe it is afterlife fly-on-the-wall past present and future.
Finally got around to watching Enter the Void - extremely weird and awesome. First time I've seen anyone attempt to film what a DMT trip is like. Gaspar Noe is fearless and has a really original style.
Old 4th June 2013, 03:22     #2639
creamcheese

Saw Now You See Me on the weekend, not bad, but not great. The Jew kid was alright, but Isla Fisher was kinda annoying.

I spent most of the movie trying unsuccessfully to remember where I'd seen Melanie Laurent before.
Old 5th June 2013, 00:32     #2640
crocos

This looks so bad that I'm sure I'll love it to bits.

Machete Kills.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية