NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20th October 2010, 14:27     #26081
crocos

I am sooo fucking bored.

3 weeks of Documentation: Enough to make a saint cyberslack, let alone me.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 20th October 2010, 15:12     #26082
crocos

Also: ZOMBIES

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 20th October 2010, 15:18     #26083
QWERTY?

whhaat

www.torontozombiewalk.ca <-- the original zombie walk

they're expecting 8000 zomboids on saturday, will be pretty mean, all my flatties have day for kitting out our zombodies.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:40     #26084
StN
I have detailed files

I laughed when they said they were going to walk for the brain damaged.
Old 20th October 2010, 16:23     #26085
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

ill laugh when the first zombie apocalypse awaiter blows away his first undead
Old 20th October 2010, 19:02     #26086
chiQ
Frag-muff

I watched a knob in a riced up five series tailgate a cop (dog handler vehicle without police livery) for a good chunk of my commute this afternoon. I was hoping the cop would snap and bust him but he didn't. The rice alone was a crime, let alone the bad driving.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:14     #26087
Rocket

did it have ORSM blue LEDs behind the front grill, i hear that shit is the BOMB dizzle.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:26     #26088
chiQ
Frag-muff

Nah, it was a perfectly ordinary late model straight-six five series with M badges. Vary naff.

Edit: I did like the personalised plates though: sm0oov
Old 20th October 2010, 19:35     #26089
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
riced up five series
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiq
perfectly ordinary late model straight-six five series with M badges
So which was it then? Most BMWs post late-80s can be optioned with an 'M Sport' package which gives them M badges, amongst other various interior and exterior trim pieces.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:44     #26090
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

sperrrrrrrrg
Old 20th October 2010, 19:50     #26091
p01s0n

hey, everybody gotta sperg about something, right?
Old 20th October 2010, 20:04     #26092
doppelgänger of someone

Sad

Amanda Knox is smoking HOT, even though she is a convicted murderer.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:10     #26093
Rocket

sweet and she loves drugged up foursomes, including stabbings, and throat slitting

Last edited by Rocket : 20th October 2010 at 20:12.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:10     #26094
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
So which was it then? Most BMWs post late-80s can be optioned with an 'M Sport' package which gives them M badges, amongst other various interior and exterior trim pieces.
It's not an M5. It's an ordinary five series pretending to be an M5. That is, IMO, rice. Try-hard, sad, and laughable.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:21     #26095
p01s0n

Quote:
It's not an M5. It's an ordinary five series pretending to be an M5. That is, IMO, rice. Try-hard, sad, and laughable.
It's probably just been optioned for the m sport package like I just described. If it said M5 then its masquerading, if it said M then its probably perfectly legit.

Like this one: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-326061365.htm
Old 20th October 2010, 21:09     #26096
Danjah

m spec bmw's are anything but riced up if they have the factory trimmings....all goes to shit soon as you slam it on some chromies though
Old 20th October 2010, 23:06     #26097
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
It's probably just been optioned for the m sport package like I just described. If it said M5 then its masquerading, if it said M then its probably perfectly legit.

Like this one: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-326061365.htm
Oh he probably ordered it from the dealership like that (I did read your previous post). That doesn't change how tragically try-hard it is though. Getting a functionally stock-standard machine and putting the lace doilies and velvet curtains out there to make it look like a special vehicle is unbelievably pathetic.

Now, if he had dropped in a proper M engine, gearbox, etc. it would make sense to replace the 530i badge with an M badge, but as it is he's just stuffing socks into his tighty-whiteys. BMW milking him in order that he can do that 'legitimately' is neither here nor there.

Now, imagine me wiggling my little finger in a suggestive way and rolling my eyes, while chewing gum in an open-mouthed and insolent manner, and you get a pretty good idea of how highly I rate M-badged garden-variety BMWs.

Rice. Box contents do not live up to wishful thinking of box owner.
Old 21st October 2010, 01:32     #26098
fidgit
Always itchy

I'll just build one more section of this thing I'm doing in minecraft, then get an early night to make up for the 3 hours of sleep I got last night because of the same thing.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuooh I could put some glass in that bit it'd look awesome.
Old 21st October 2010, 08:07     #26099
p01s0n

Quote:
Oh he probably ordered it from the dealership like that (I did read your previous post). That doesn't change how tragically try-hard it is though. Getting a functionally stock-standard machine and putting the lace doilies and velvet curtains out there to make it look like a special vehicle is unbelievably pathetic.

Now, if he had dropped in a proper M engine, gearbox, etc. it would make sense to replace the 530i badge with an M badge, but as it is he's just stuffing socks into his tighty-whiteys. BMW milking him in order that he can do that 'legitimately' is neither here nor there.

Now, imagine me wiggling my little finger in a suggestive way and rolling my eyes, while chewing gum in an open-mouthed and insolent manner, and you get a pretty good idea of how highly I rate M-badged garden-variety BMWs.

Rice. Box contents do not live up to wishful thinking of box owner.
Quote:
The Sport (later M Sport) trim level included the options given on the ES and SE trim levels, but had additional performance-orientated items added. It came with the "M-tech" I or II bodykits (depending on when the car was ordered), half leather-half alcantara sports seats, sports suspension (comprising stiffer springs, dampers, and altered suspension geometry), gloss black external trim instead of the chrome trim of the SE, sports steering wheel and 17" lightweight style 68 alloy wheels.[23] The drivetrain of Sport / M-Sport models is identical to that of base / ES / SE variants.
yeah, optioning for better suspension parts and a reduction in unsprung weight at each corner is pretty rice.
Old 21st October 2010, 08:27     #26100
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

sounds pretty rice to me!
Old 21st October 2010, 09:37     #26101
aR Que

Quote:
yeah, optioning for better suspension parts and a reduction in unsprung weight at each corner is pretty rice.
I am the rice captain.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:03     #26102
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
That is marginally better than just the body kit, assuming this is what this guy has got. It's still incredibly lame to superficially Mify a car that would be left in a puddle by the real thing. I continue to consider it the automotive equivalent socks-in-the-pants, i.e. rice. You go on thinking whatever it is you think.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:13     #26103
p01s0n

hey if you're gonna buy a lancer you should either buy the base model or the evo, anything else is rice and just pretending you have what you don't!
Old 21st October 2010, 10:13     #26104
aR Que

An evo is still rice tho, no?
Old 21st October 2010, 10:20     #26105
p01s0n

RICE:

RICE:

RICE:

RI-...ce?
Old 21st October 2010, 10:34     #26106
aR Que

Rice = modified Japanese vehicle tho, no?

I'd have called a BMW with a big wing, eurotrash.

Sure, some things are riced more than others, some distastefully so, but to say rice is just the act of mutilating a cars appearance so it looks like something off F&F, is well.... wrong.

People that modify lancers are silly gooses, but a riced up lancer isn't more ricey than a factory pre-riced evo.

Peace!
Old 21st October 2010, 10:36     #26107
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
RICE:
lol is the word
Old 21st October 2010, 10:44     #26108
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que

I'd have called a BMW with a big wing, eurotrash.

Sure, some things are riced more than others, some distastefully so, but to say rice is just the act of mutilating a cars appearance so it looks like something off F&F, is well.... wrong.

People that modify lancers are silly gooses, but a riced up lancer isn't more ricey than a factory pre-riced evo.

Peace!
What about a 4 door BMW sedan, in the condition it rolled off the factory floor? Is that rice?
Old 21st October 2010, 10:46     #26109
aR Que

Cunning

Are we talking about a 318?

Quote:
I guess it'd be called a BMW, 5 door, unless it had no boot o'course.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:53     #26110
p01s0n

rice is usually used to describe modifications of a car resulting in form over function. If a car leaves the factory with badges, bodykits, wheels, etc then it is not modified.

If a car is bought with a package that gives it better performance along with badges and other identifiers then it is not a case of form over function.

There is nothing rice about m-sport BMW's, or any other car optioned with a performance package (ie: rallisport lancer, which is not an evo, but is turbocharged). Putting an M5 badge on an M-sport 5 series would be rice, because the car is not an M5.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:59     #26111
aR Que

Hmmm I've never considered rice to be modifications of form over function. But well, there ya go.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:10     #26112
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
I'll just build one more section of this thing I'm doing in minecraft, then get an early night to make up for the 3 hours of sleep I got last night because of the same thing.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuooh I could put some glass in that bit it'd look awesome.
welcome to minecraft. Farewell to the rest of your life
Old 21st October 2010, 11:11     #26113
chiQ
Frag-muff

To me rice means trying to make it look as though your car has chops it doesn't have, such as Evo gear on a bog-standard Lancer or M badges on a 530i.
Old 21st October 2010, 11:21     #26114
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
RICE:
RICE:
BABY:
Old 21st October 2010, 11:43     #26115
mpx

First three look rice, last one looks wanky :D
Old 21st October 2010, 11:50     #26116
p01s0n

Quote:
To me rice means trying to make it look as though your car has chops it doesn't have, such as Evo gear on a bog-standard Lancer or M badges on a 530i.
oh, you mean like modifications that give it form over function?

An M-sport package, has different parts from the base model, that are signified by an M-sport badge. An M5, has different parts from the base model, that are signified by an M5 badge.

The M-sport badge does not make it look like it has the chops that it doesn't, because a car with the M-sport badge has everything that an M-sport has.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Let me put it this way:
Honda - BMW
Civic - 328i
Civic SiR - 328is M-sport
Civic type-R - M3
Old 21st October 2010, 12:04     #26117
aR Que

Quote:
Why is this so hard to understand?
I get what you're saying, bruv. I just disagree.

Still <3?
Old 21st October 2010, 12:08     #26118
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

in the day there was this arab dude at 'rewa high that used for sale signs to make his body kit(he turned them over to the white side). it was truly hilarious. from a distance it didn't look too bad, just rice as(square as). but when you got to see what materials he was working with up close so many lol's ensued.

crazy arab's.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:10     #26119
aR Que

We used house guttering for a while in my younger days, couldn't really tell. Marley side skirt, bro!
Old 21st October 2010, 12:13     #26120
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

haha! marley side skirt~ classic