Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 2nd April 2008, 00:56     #2561
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
interesting. a pc-illiterate workmate uses features of it every day at work with no problem.
He sounds like a goober.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:53     #2562
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
I can't tell if this is for real or an AFJ

Quick search on the patent office shows that it's true (or a very eloborate prank).

Quote:
Call intercept methods, such as for customer self-support on a mobile device

Abstract
A method for intercepting calls from a remote or mobile device for customer self-support detects when users or subscribers dial one or more predetermined numbers. If the number corresponds to one of the predetermined numbers (such as a customer support number), the phone may intercept the call and display a list of potential solutions to the subscriber's problems. Various other features and embodiments art disclosed.
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:46     #2563
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Very angry

Staff who have "preferred" shifts and call in "sick" or have a feeble excuse when rostered for a "non-preferred" shift.

5:30 shift. Phone call at 4PM with "my car has broken down so I can't make it in and I can't get a lift when I finish at 8"
Get
On
A
Fucking
Bus you lazy fuck.

Said staff member lives and was in an area with an awesome bus service.

Your refusal to work "non-preferred" shifts affects your colleagues. IE: I planned to have last night off, but no, I covered your lazy ass. Did you do the same for me tonight seeing as I covered for you? No "Oh..I had plans tonight so sorry..."
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:48     #2564
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Management who refuse to discipline above staff member, citing 'We can't afford to lose her"

Can't afford to lose her?...she's never fucking here!!!

Can you afford to lose me?...cos you just did.

*walks*
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:58     #2565
flic
Dee Hast Mish

People who flag down buses to ask directions
WHAT THE FUCK?

You want to know the fastest way to town from fitzgerald avenue you lazy fat bitch? WALK, it's three fucking blocks!

But Nooooooo she'll "go to the other side of the road" like the bus driver told her and wait 25 minutes for the next bus to arrive
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:08     #2566
p-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat
Management who refuse to discipline above staff member, citing 'We can't afford to lose her"

*walks*
Is she hot?

No seriously, maybe thats why they're keeping her around?
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:10     #2567
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
People who flag down buses to ask directions
WHAT THE FUCK?

You want to know the fastest way to town from fitzgerald avenue you lazy fat bitch? WALK, it's three fucking blocks!

But Nooooooo she'll "go to the other side of the road" like the bus driver told her and wait 25 minutes for the next bus to arrive
That's a bit harsh. I have been to towns where I had no idea which side of the road to get the bus from. Especially when the said bus stops are just marked with a pole saying 'bus stop' and there is no one around to ask directions from or someone walking down the road just gave you the wrong directions.
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:10     #2568
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat

*walks*
Sounds like a crap place to work, let them drown in their own shitpool and move onto better things my friend.
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:10     #2569
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-b
Is she hot?
I call her Gimli (in my head). Mainly due to the beard like a privet hedge.
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:12     #2570
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Sounds like a crap place to work, let them drown in their own shitpool and move onto better things my friend.
I did. "I'm part time and have no employment contract. My resignation is effective immediately"
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:17     #2571
?>Superman

Good stuff Where were you working at just out of interest?
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:20     #2572
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Good stuff Where were you working at just out of interest?
Was a retail position but being that I've just bagged my old manager and colleague, out of some warped sense of professionalism / loyalty, I'm not going to name the company / store

Sorry.
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:31     #2573
?>Superman

DOOOO IIIITT

Nah all good

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...x-men-cartoon/
Quote:
It seems like a bad idea to pick a fight with Spider-Man, Wolverine and the rest of the Marvel Universe, but that’s exactly what Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are doing, as the band is suing the comic book giant for copyright infringement. The band alleges that Marvel used “substantial excerpts” of their songs “Best of You” and “Free Me” as the music for the trailer of the new animated series Wolverine and the X-Men.
Not only is the new X-men Cartoon fucking shit(it's called Wolverine & the X-men - the trailer videos have been removed from Youtube but i'm sure you can find them elsewhere), they used a Foo Fighters song without permission.

Naughty Marvel.
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:02     #2574
Jonas Undrawing

speaking of copyright infringement, I wonder when Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee is gonna get his ass sued to hell. He claims fair use laws. But Escapist is a commercial enterprise... and he uses fair chunks of those songs.

Not to be a nark or anything.

Last edited by Jonas Undrawing : 2nd April 2008 at 20:04.
Old 2nd April 2008, 22:59     #2575
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

The IRD fucking with me 20 days before I leave the country. YOU FUCKERS.
Old 3rd April 2008, 09:11     #2576
[Malks] Pixie

Being told that I deliver too high a level of service... only in the public service would you run into a comment like that.

Pixie
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:58     #2577
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

When Aucklanders assume everyone they talk to on the phone is from Auckland and don't specify they are from Auckland and act like it's obvious that everyone should KNOW that they're from Auckland because people from other cities are either unimportant or as far as they're concerned, do not exist!
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:07     #2578
TnT

Optus.

I'm unsure if a company could actually be any more incompetent.

My N73 developed a fault, I had insurance on the handset. Took it to the shop to get it fixed. It gets sent away. A week later I get a phone call from insurance. "The cost of the fix will be less than the excess, go down to the shop and withdraw the claim and get them to send it to service", which I do.

Cut to 7 WEEKS LATER, after many phone calls and visits to the store to find out what's going on, they finally tell me the phone is still with insurance and now going to service, and the guy behind the counter has the audacity to ask me "Do you still want your phone fixed?" No I think I'd rather have waited 7 weeks for my broken phone to be returned to me. 'Would you like to speak to the manager?', 'What? You told me you were the manager', 'Oh look I'm just over this'. Your over this? Seriously? How do think I feel, you act like I'm enjoying this. I just want my phone back, a $50 fix on a, (at time of purchase), $700 handset should not take over 7 weeks.

If you are in Australia give Optus an extremely wide berth. Their after sales support is amongst the worst I have ever experienced.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:09     #2579
Lykaios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
When Aucklanders assume everyone they talk to on the phone is from Auckland and don't specify they are from Auckland and act like it's obvious that everyone should KNOW that they're from Auckland because people from other cities are either unimportant or as far as they're concerned, do not exist!
I hate to break it to you, but it's not only Aucklanders that do this. I've had people from various other cities do it, as well as some from places I couldn't tell you which island they were in, let alone the area code.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:16     #2580
CCS
Stunt Pants

mr selfdestruct should just accept that he lives in a backwater shithole that nobody cares about.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:19     #2581
Markh

Quote:
Where I used to work there was once a support call, customer gave phone number without mentioning the prefix and gave the suburb without mentioning the city. The person taking the call assumed it was Auckland and I got the job of visiting the customer, but I couldn't find the street in that suburb so I called the phone number - but it wasn't a valid number.
The customer called and complained that no one had come to fix their computer, the details were passed to me again, I still couldn't find the street or get an answer on the phone number provided.
The customer on his next call was given my phone number so that he could give me directions, once I realised that he was in Wellington I explained that I didn't travel that far. He was pissed off because he had made 3 phone calls and no one had handled it properly. I told him that I could not believe that he wouldn't have had his called handled properly if he had given his full phone number or mentioned he was in Wellington, I suggested that maybe he shouldn't have assumed that the person answering his calls knew where he was.

To me there was blame on both sides, the support person should have asked if the number was 09, the person ringing should have made it clear that it was an 04 number. The company should not have been so bloody stingy and paid for caller ID. Telecom should provide caller ID as a standard service and not make people pay extra for it.

If you don't want your gears ground then whenever you call an 09 number or 0800 number make sure that you give your phone number with the prefix so that the other person knows where you are. Also give the suburb AND city, there is more than one suburb that has the same name as another in another city.

Most importantly:
This is Auckland bitch! If you ring us from another part of the world (like Hamilton or wherever) then make sure you mention that you are calling from elsewhere so we know that you aren't very important and we can lower the priority of your call.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:21     #2582
StN
I have detailed files

I think it was FirstIn's address label printer that tended to drop off the last line for no apparant reason - the amount of stuff that had to be traced because it was sent to Sir William Pickering Drive in Auckland rather than downhere was ridiculous.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:28     #2583
Delphinus

Trying to be kind and reasonable and trusting and getting reamed in the arse by flatmates...
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:14     #2584
caffiend

Having a 46cm neck (XXL) but having an XL or even L body-size. Means I have three options with business shirts:
  • Comfy neck when wearing a tie but annoyingly billowy around my waist and arms (Pirate shirt anyone?)
  • or Good fit around the body but garrote myself when trying to do the top button up
  • or Spend shitloads on tailoring
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:17     #2585
cEvin
Love In Vein

find a better shirt or go for a run you fatty

<3
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:22     #2586
caffiend

How about I go for a run around as many different menswear shops as possible, looking for this miracle shirt?
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:24     #2587
TnT

Go for the comfy neck... and wear an eyepatch

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:42     #2588
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
mr selfdestruct should just accept that he lives in a backwater shithole that nobody cares about.
Thank you for reinforcing my point JAFA.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:45     #2589
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Have your neck lipo-ed
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:45     #2590
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
How about I go for a run around as many different menswear shops as possible, looking for this miracle shirt?
go to one of those menswear for men with freakishly big a neck stores
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:50     #2591
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Where I used to work there was once a support call, customer gave phone number without mentioning the prefix and gave the suburb without mentioning the city. The person taking the call assumed it was Auckland and I got the job of visiting the customer, but I couldn't find the street in that suburb so I called the phone number - but it wasn't a valid number.
The customer called and complained that no one had come to fix their computer, the details were passed to me again, I still couldn't find the street or get an answer on the phone number provided.
The customer on his next call was given my phone number so that he could give me directions, once I realised that he was in Wellington I explained that I didn't travel that far. He was pissed off because he had made 3 phone calls and no one had handled it properly. I told him that I could not believe that he wouldn't have had his called handled properly if he had given his full phone number or mentioned he was in Wellington, I suggested that maybe he shouldn't have assumed that the person answering his calls knew where he was.

To me there was blame on both sides, the support person should have asked if the number was 09, the person ringing should have made it clear that it was an 04 number. The company should not have been so bloody stingy and paid for caller ID. Telecom should provide caller ID as a standard service and not make people pay extra for it.

If you don't want your gears ground then whenever you call an 09 number or 0800 number make sure that you give your phone number with the prefix so that the other person knows where you are. Also give the suburb AND city, there is more than one suburb that has the same name as another in another city.

Most importantly:
This is Auckland bitch! If you ring us from another part of the world (like Hamilton or wherever) then make sure you mention that you are calling from elsewhere so we know that you aren't very important and we can lower the priority of your call.
I couldn't agree more with you.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:52     #2592
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Thank you for reinforcing my point JAFA.
That point being that you have an enormous chip and your shoulder and refuse to accept that Auckland is the most important city in the country?
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:03     #2593
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
  • Good fit around the body but garrote myself when trying to do the top button up
I vote you go for this option
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:08     #2594
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Being told that I deliver too high a level of service... only in the public service would you run into a comment like that.

Pixie
It is a quality vs quantity, cost vs benefit issue. If you make 1 customer super happy, the time could have been spend 10-15 customers mildly happy. Unless that is a high-value customer that's another story (serving one is better than service 10-15 peons).

I don't know about the quality-quantity balance your organization are gunning for, but I think the issue is very common.
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:30     #2595
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cEvin
go to one of those menswear for men with freakishly big a neck stores
What are you; Italian all of a sudden?

Rince: nice... thanks for that
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:33     #2596
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
It is a quality vs quantity, cost vs benefit issue. If you make 1 customer super happy, the time could have been spend 10-15 customers mildly happy. Unless that is a high-value customer that's another story (serving one is better than service 10-15 peons).
I understand what you are saying, but even with me taking enough time to make sure a callers questions are answered I still have enough time to speak with all the others. There is no quality vs quantity because we don't get enough quantity for it to be a concern - only about 5,000 calls a year. Those calls I do miss generally get a same day call back, at worst a next day call back.

Basically they seem to be saying, "don't do as good a job as you are". Needless to say, that sort of BS is my sign to leave.

Pixie
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:32     #2597
Rangoon Attack

cunts that park 10cm away from your car and ding and scratch it
learn to fucken park you dumb cunt

I was (and I'm honestly not trying to gloat) perfectly in the middle of the park, not a wide car, tonnes of room for everyone else to park around me ... perfect paint job now ruined

FUCK YOU CUNT

edit - he was actually parked over the white line on my side, not even close to parking properly

Last edited by Rangoon Attack : 3rd April 2008 at 19:33.
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:14     #2598
ZengE

Quote:
Having a 46cm neck (XXL) but having an XL or even L body-size. Means I have three options with business shirts:
  • or Spend shitloads on tailoring
Got friends overseas? Places like Singapore, Malaysia etc ??

Tailoring might not be as expensive as you think.
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:15     #2599
ZengE

Once every now and then I have the opportunity to get outside of NZ and see another country. Filling out in excess of 5-6 forms, which all ask for the same information but in different ways, annoys me (not necessarily a grinder).

FFS, why can't you just have one electronic form which populates everything you need? (instead of 3 electronic forms and 3 manual forms - grrrr)

Last edited by ZengE : 3rd April 2008 at 20:17.
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:20     #2600
?>Superman

Devil grin

The number of fucking muppets who've clicked on that shitty MSN virus link and caused them to spam it out to my MSN.

GET A FUCKING CLUE CUNTS

Fuck